Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence (7557 Views)

Fayose Arrests Road Safety Official For Traffic Offence / Ambode, LASTMA In Face-Off Over Traffic Gridlocks / Policemen In Delta Beat A Taxi Driver Over Refusal To Pay N100 Bribe(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by Tonionyeka(m): 9:21am On Jan 09, 2013
salam001: If he likes let him catch 15 aeroplanes,Obi still remain clueless and slow,i dont even know why they made an effeminate sissy man the governor of a great state,He just wants to be relevant
GOD Have mercy no you
Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by vanstanzy(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2013
norrisman: Do Governors really have the power to arrest/apprehend. Do you ever wonder why we never hear of stories of MPs in the UK or Governors in the US arresting people? Because they have no such power. The governor is not different from me ad you and has absolutely no power to arrest/apprehend anyone.

I think you were in a haste to make this brash statement. All people like u do is complain and whine. angry angry angry If he were there and saw this wrong but did nothing, u'll be the first to complain. Now he is acting, u still complain. My Priest once preached that "if u see something, do something!". Obi did the right thing by averting danger. Who knows what that apprehended truck if allowed to continue might slam into.
Please grow up with ur complaints, alright. angry angry angry
Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by vanstanzy(m): 10:08am On Jan 09, 2013
kingoflag:

Actually, anyone can conduct what is known as a "citizens arrest" if they witness a crime going on and there are exigent reasons to act.

Abeg tell am!
Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by Decryptor(m): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2013
obxddon:

Where you dey buy own weed from The governor is the cheif security officer of the state,in case u no sabi..now you know....He can arrest anyone who defaults.
Please enlighten them the more o!
Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by JimmyBoy1: 10:39am On Jan 09, 2013
I think we should not encourage this, otherwise the governor will continue to apprehend drivers and wheel barrow pushers while leaving is real job undone. There must be someone appointed to enforce traffic rules in the state, that person should be allowed to do his job.
Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by pappilo(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2013
What stops a governor with power of arrest from arresting members of the opposition, newspaper editors, debtors e.t.c?

The Nigerian constitution gives no governor or even the president the power to arrest or order the arrest of anyone. He can simply report any suspected illegal activity to the empowered authorities to investigate just like you and I can.

In this story, the suspected offender was arrested by the police and not Obi.
Re: Governor Obi Apprehends Tanker Driver Over Traffic Offence by manosteel(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
Many of our state Governors will do well as a road safety wardens; Obi, Fashola, and that Okoro guy in Imo to mention few.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Started Humiliating Tinubu: Atiku & Fashola The Pointsmen / Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' / Ben Bruce Joins Dickson To Celebrate 5th Anniversary As Bayelsa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.