Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,385 members, 7,954,559 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor (1227 Views)

What You Need To Know Before Getting Married To A Foriegner (oyibo) / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / Nigerians And Their Crazy Kissing Styles(pinchures Inclusive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
I recently talked to a lady i got to know a few years back and we got to the Relationship aspect of the gist, i could see a certain radiation in her eyes when she talked for minutes unending about the guy she currently dates. she said he is cute,cultured,treats her right,Blah blah blah(though along the line i found out he aint interested about marriage,smokes like a loco and has baby-mama drama) and finally wen i had a chance to talk i just asked her if he was White?.....she paused for some seconds and said sometin like Sam....how did u know?,i told her simple,we here dont appreciate what is ours,even when its the best for us(challenge me if am wrong pls)n yet we label ourselves bad.Same goes for a naija man that will beat his naija wife for no just reason or cos he is tooo drunk to differenciate her from a punching bag he uses for his boxing training,the irony of this is that if that same Nigerian man had a white lady as a wife,he wont dare beat his 'OYINBO'wife even when he is over drunk or halucinatingor isnt isnt that true?

this is not just a relationship thing,i was watching an episode of a singing reality show currently on TV,i noticed a certain pattern with the judges during the auditioning stages. when a competitor comes on stage and says he came from britain, Amarica or elsewher for the competition, he is given a straight YES for an average or below average performance whereas when a competitor comes from a state within Nigeria and even gives a better performance,he is given an outright NO.

Same goes for sports,business,products,goods and the likes.......

Now my question is why do we Nigerians undervalue our fellow Nigerians
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Plarp: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
We are niggas, thats how we do things grin

thats why we are undeveloped
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
Plarp: We are niggas, thats how we do things grin

thats why we are undeveloped
is underdevelopment d problem?
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Plarp: 12:26am On Jan 11, 2013
luvable sam: is underdevelopment d problem?
No, i dont think so... i think it may be something deeper than that. These same stupid mentalities are what caused africa to be underdeveloped in the first place.

im just waiting for more ppl to comment so i can talk deeper about the issue at hand...
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2013
Plarp: No, i dont think so... i think it may be something deeper than that. These same stupid mentalities are what caused africa to be underdeveloped in the first place.

im just waiting for more ppl to comment so i can talk deeper about the issue at hand...
gat u......buh it suprises me wen pple still behave as such after all dis years of independence from colonialism
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dondav: True
tanx man
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
Conversely, other nations are now valuing Nigeria/Nigerians far better than they had in the past. (Just for the oil/beautiful people? stay tuned and find out)
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
Flytefalls: Conversely, other nations are now valuing Nigeria/Nigerians far better than they had in the past. (Just for the oil/beautiful people? stay tuned and find out)
where are u from?
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
luvable sam: where are u from?
Must we go there undecided. I'm foreign, currently UK smiley
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Flytefalls:
guessed so cos i saw a picture of u around d effel tower in paris on ur profile,besides a couple of non Nigerians like u appreciate us here but i tink we undervalue ourselves here
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
luvable sam: guessed so cos i saw a picture of u around d effel tower in paris on ur profile,besides a couple of non Nigerians like u appreciate us here but i tink we undervalue ourselves here
I love Nigerians cheesy. I wouldn't say Nigerians undervalued themselves. Nigerian pride is common knowledge!
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
Flytefalls:
I love Nigerians cheesy. I wouldn't say Nigerians undervalued themselves. Nigerian pride is common knowledge!
i know u do obviously......so u in london ain it?
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
luvable sam: i know u do obviously......so u in london ain it?
Haha! Adorable_Sam, don't derail your own thread.
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
Flytefalls:
Haha! Adorable_Sam, don't derail your own thread.
hmmmmn u av even derailed further with a change in my username......back to topic guys
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
Dondav: True
it is my brother n am so becoming distrbed about the trend
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by seunfly: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
We have this slave mentality, we use our master as a standard even if the master does not know a bit of such thing.
We seems to take oders mentally from our mental master.
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
seunfly: We have this slave mentality, we use our master as a standard even if the master does no know a bit of such thing.
We seems to take oders mentaly from our mental master.

Dint c some of these comments till today. Just funny
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
Flytefalls:
I'm alien , currently krypton undecided
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by 50calibre(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Inferiority complex goes hand in hand with poverty, real talk! Watch those who value others more than their own, or ashamed to be associated with Nigeria, they are usually poor or from a poor background.
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by luvablesam(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
50calibre: Inferiority complex goes hand in hand with poverty, real talk! Watch those who value others more than their own, or ashamed to be associated with Nigeria, they are usually poor or from a poor background.
U really raised a diff angle to the issue.

Does the background of a person matter in such matters?
Re: 'Nigerians' And The Foriegner Factor by 50calibre(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
luvable sam:
U really raised a diff angle to the issue.

Does the background of a person matter in such matters?

Absolutely!! Poverty plays a very large role in most of the choices people make. It all comes down to poverty or illiteracy.

(1) (Reply)

----- / Ladies,what Your Lower Back Tattoo Suggests To A Man / Please I'm Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.