Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife (30860 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Was the sister just standing there getting beat?

She should have rushed him.

The last time someone tried to belt me, you bet I grabbed that belt. And that was the last time someone ever rose their hand on me.

What nonsense. At a married age, pesin still dey beat you with koboko? ah ahnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
kitty kat: Do you then think that a sister of a man has the right to go to the man's house and beat up the wife?

did she beat her?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by A40(m): 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
chamotex:

Baba, fi story le fun ijapa.
This issue is not hard to understand.
The whole consesus here is there any sort of violence is not acceptable.
You guys are defending the fact that it's wrong because she is a WOMAN..

.no matter how you look at it, it's preferential treatment.
She slapped the brother and the way he reacted was wrong but she can't be hiding behind the fact that she's female after she got kobokolized.
A solitary slap is not enough reason for the man to take out kobokos and start whooping a grown woman. That guy had better hope the woman doesn't have grown male kids
Forget the bull these inconsistent feminists be selling. Man is still Man and Woman is Woman. Even Bible talk say Woman na the Weaker vessel

chamotex:
As a man, if I slap my junior brother and he replied me with a 'pacquiao type knockout blow' and I pass out, I have no right to start claiming the 'elder brother' card afterwards.

It's sad when a lot of people lay claims to the 'Im a woman so I shouldn't get beat' jumbo mumbo on here.
That is man to man combat lol you should get laughed at. The woman is not built to be as physically strong as the man
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
A-40:

A solitary slap is not enough reason for the man to take out kobokos and start whooping a grown woman. That guy had better hope the woman doesn't have grown male kids
Forget the bull these inconsistent feminists be selling. Man is still Man and Woman is Woman. Even Bible talk say Woman na the Weaker vessel

That is man to man combat lol you should get laughed at. The woman is not built to be as physically strong as the man

So since she is the 'weaker vessel' and not built to be as 'physically strong as the man' why she go slap person wey be the stronger vessel and physically stronger than her in the first place? Abi she didn't realise that?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
@All

I really appreciate your excellent contributions.

From the comments so far, I realized almost everyone blamed the sister, some blamed the brother as well, but only few think the wife deserved any blame. I can understand the reason being that a lot of women have suffered unjustly in the hand of their in-laws

As they say, there is no smoke without fire, I actually narrated this story from the accounts of the wife and the husband, the wife being a friend to my girl, there is every possibility that some details are missing, nevertheless, most of you have already hit the nail on the head.

The wife probably played the role of a devil in the whole episode, she said some nasty things about her sister in-law, she locked herself in the house and refused to come out , when the sister-in-law was getting beaten she was happy, what if it was the sister that smashed object on her husband and gets injured in the process, would she be happy, no one should be happy about any form of violence against another person, no man will be happy seeing his wife beaten in such a manner no matter how bad or wrong she was. If the man is a military officer, that will be "isu ata yann yann - yam pepper scatter scatter grin grin grin grin"

Like some people said, the sister deserved it, ok what about the wife, she also deserved some lessons on how to relate with in-laws as well.

Because you married a man does not mean he belongs to you alone, he's still a brother and a son to other people as well. There must be mutual respect, if you sincerely and consistently give love you will reap love

As some people observed, it's true issues have been going on in the family for a while and it's like a circle

'A' offends 'B', 'B' reacts to 'A' and 'A' gets offended and reacts again to 'B' and so on and on and on in circle

For those that praised the guy, I don't see how that violence has solved any problem, if she can not fight back immediately she would want to fight back somehow someday and the circle will continue, we need to eschew violence at all cost as no one can predict exactly how it will end, we should rather maintain love and peace with all men

I'm still expecting ideas on how they can resolve the matter

Many Thanks
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 20, 2013
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by drnoel: 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
donchris369: Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.
Fully agree but some elder sisters carry that thing in their head too much that they make mistakes..
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2013
To all of you saying that men shouldn't beat women because they are the weaker sex, this is for you:

https://www.nairaland.com/1168747/mistress-strangles-lover-4-children
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by wlex8(m): 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
chaircover: Did you say that the wife is your girlfriends friend . . . . and I recall you saying somewhere that your girl was firmly on the wifes side and the sister deserved the beating!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! No comment! lipsrsealed

You are right she is a friend to the wife and she's firmly on the wife's side that the sister deserved the beating

I'm of the opinion that even though the sister was wrong to some level, the brother also went too far in the beating, likewise the wife erred.

Thks
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by mbulela: 12:05am On Jan 22, 2013
AjanleKoko:

That's how you know pipol wey no get wife for house.
Na so e easy? wink

@Topic,
Any man that uses physical violence on his wife any woman is definitely certifiable. A complete nutter.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by AjanleKoko: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2013
^^^
Thanks jare.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Dynmyt: 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
donchris369:
Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.
If am the sister, he can do dat if i have crossed my boundary, of which i reapect myself. I myself just think of myself as a married woman who also have in laws would i want my own inlaws to come amd beat me in my husband's house. Superiority complex among Nigerian inlaws need to stop. Every sister in law should stay in the 4king husband's house. You love your bro so much why dont u marry him so anoda woman dont get tge chance to enjoy what you 'labour' for. If am that your sister's husband ehn, i will send her out of my house and you the bro who put her over his own wife should go ahead and marry her. What will cause a respectable married woman to leave her husband's house to fight another woman in her own house if not bland disregard for the person who put money in her palmwine gourd?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Have These Kinds Of Names? / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home / If They Shoot Us We Will Not Retaliate...Day 2 #endbadgovernance Lagos Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.