Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife (30858 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
jidegirl12: Jacqueline beat the heck out off Caroline Manzo (SIL) after poking her nose where it didn't belong .......Caroline is over 20years older and mother figure for Chris ..... Na today?

Woman beat woman Banbashi two fighting Case closed

Let any woman try beat up a 12yr old girl till she bleeds and see if anyone would be interested in what she said to provoke you
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
jennykadry: Relax debrief and stop acting all defensive. The epistle and you posting more than necessary makes you feel unnecessarily guilty. Dayo, myself, CC or nwando have not cleared the woman. What she did is wrong wrong wrong, you don't go to people's house to harass them because you had an issue with someone that lives there. Hitting a woman let alone a married one is wrong.

I presented this case to my husband and the only thing he said was "why didn't the man ring the BIL to come take his mad wife home? If the man was at work he would have simply gone inside the house and left the mad woman outside".....

Some people are joyously giving the man a medal for defending and protecting his wife from his family. Two things would prick my brain if my husband has to protect me physically from my fellow woman:

1. My parents have failed me.

2. I have failed as a woman.

There is nothing to be proud of if I cannot physically protect myself from my fellow woman.
Lets look at it this way. Dont you think a woman that has the guts to go to another woman's house to cause trouble must already be insubordinative? What if he calls her husband but he clearly says he wont come nko (he's probably glad that someone is beating his wife for him, after having received beatings from her in the past)? I agree with the part where you said he could have just left her there alone though. But like someone said, perhaps some tension had been brewing up btw bro and sis that eventually birthed that anomaly.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I have some questions. . .

Will the beating be okay if the sister was younger and/or unmarried?

Should the brother have kept his hands to himself only because she is older than him and because he wants his wife to enjoy her marriage?

Is the sister slapping the brother justified because she is older?

Is the the Sister justified in fighting the wife because she is just the wife?!

Do we expect her to act differently if the wife was her own sister?

Will the scenario be better if it was man vs man or woman vs woman?

If the answer to all of that is NO why then are we using the qualifiers. . .married woman, older sister, sister in law, younger brother, man, woman etc? What we are inadvertently saying is that it is non-violent acts are limited to just these people. Anyone outside of that. . .it's a free for all!!

The flip side of that kinda thinking is the people who have been mentioned in the group start to believe they are immune to acting right. I can say whatever I want, do whatever I want with little or no consequences because I am in the special group. Except we just want to pretend ignorance, it is obvious this is the mentality the sister brought into the fray. . .I can do whatever I want because I am a woman, I am older, I am married and she is my in law. That someone is calling the sister out on that way of thinking does not mean she is supporting the brother giving her an azz whooping.

Life is too complex for issues like this to be reduced to a black or white, for or against type scenario.

Honestly, I think (and y'all feel free to call me naive cheesy ) life will be so much easier to navigate and people easier to relate with if we adopted a universal sets of behavior as opposed to a contextualized one?

You can't hit, beat, slap, punch people because they are PEOPLE not because they are married, single, man, woman, old, young short, fat, in laws etc.

You shouldn't treat people well just because you want something out of it. . .you should treat them well because they are PEOPLE!!

Brother is wrong for hitting his sister not because she is married or female or older but because she is a HUMAN BEING.

Sister being older does not give her the right to slap her brother.

. . . .Too much violence going around and the only way to stop it is to stop saying who shouldn't get beaten in what context and when. STOP BEATING! PERIOD!

@ Debrief
It goes without saying that you are one of the people I admire on this section and to be honest that admiration grows every day. Victims of abuse of any kind tend to see the boogeyman lurking in every corner. Those who were sexually abused as kids are prone to see every adult is an abuser, women who were physically abused tend to see all men as abusers. . .these people can't be faulted for their way of thinking, we expect it from them because of their experience.

It would have been easier for you to come here and automatically take side with one part of the violence displayed in this matter, as a former victim of domestic abuse you have earned you blinders in spades. . .you can wear it anytime you want and judge however you please but you didn't. Instead you chose to take it on as a WHOLE. . .Violence against men, violence against women. . .to you all of it is VIOLENCE AGAINST PEOPLE!

Not wanting to risk being accused of trying to snatch you from your husband, I will go easy on the admiration prose...but I'll say this - THANK YOU!!!! cheesy
Chei, i hope i wont be stepping on toes if i say i love you (just noticed that someone did that already). Anyway sha, you seem to be a very wise chic. Your husband or bf is definitely the luckiest man alive IMHO. Keep the wisdom flowing jare!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
naijababe:

Utter bollocks!!! In my family, normal brother-sister fight does not include siblings beating each other blue black. If you really believe the wife couldn't have stopped this from happening then you are simply naive about women.
Obviously, you are not aware that no fights of this nature come with a predetermined end. In other words, if its not a regulated bout, then anything can happen. Please remove women from this matter. Ok? And since its your opinion that the wife should have come out to separate the fight, i respect that.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Woman beat woman Banbashi two fighting Case closed

Let any woman try beat up a 12yr old girl till she bleeds and see if anyone would be interested in what she said to provoke you

And how's that different? Oh I forgot Va gina and p enis .... sorry grin
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Michky: Obviously, you are not aware that no fights of this nature come with a predetermined end. In other words, if its not a regulated bout, then anything can happen. Please remove women from this matter. Ok? And since its your opinion that the wife should have come out to separate the fight, i respect that.

You really think the hubby decided to beat her sister on the spot just like that?! You don't think there would have issues which probably had been allowed to fester?! Ok o I don hear, shebi na 'were' and he just decided to beat his sister just because he could.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
naijababe:

You really think the hubby decided to beat her sister on the spot just like that?! You don't think there would have issues which probably had been allowed to fester?! Ok o I don hear, shebi na 'were' and he just decided to beat his sister just because he could.

You probably missed this post (it was on this same page). Didn't get the point you were trying to drive at though. Perhaps i need to sleep over it.

Michky: Lets look at it this way. Dont you think a woman that has the guts to go to another woman's house to cause trouble must already be insubordinative? What if he calls her husband but he clearly says he wont come nko (he's probably glad that someone is beating his wife for him, after having received beatings from her in the past)? I agree with the part where you said he could have just left her there alone though. But like someone said, perhaps some tension had been brewing up btw bro and sis that eventually birthed that anomaly.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
naijababe:

You're just looking at this from the gender angle. What i'll like you to remember is this, no matter the gender, if you cause trouble, then you deserve whatever happens to you afterwards.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
jidegirl12:

And how's that different? Oh I forgot Va gina and p enis .... sorry grin

Exactly thats why even in Sport they dont pair women to compete with men. Pawa pass Pawa
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Exactly thats why even in Sport they dont pair women to compete with men. Pawa pass Pawa
Oh, so you're going down that lane eh? Lets not forget gender equality o (women presidents and so on). If women can ask for equality there, why shouldn't they get it everywhere? Don't wanna stray off topic, so i'll rest it here.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
Michky: You're just looking at this from the gender angle. What i'll like you to remember is this, no matter the gender, if you cause trouble, then you deserve whatever happens to you afterwards.

Far from it, the wife, the hubby and the sister, none came out of this smelling of roses.

Being a wife is like being an ambassador in a foreign country sometimes, you don't courting trouble where you know there's an abundance of it and you often find yourself smoothening ruffled feathers to protect your home even if you appear mumuish to those who do not understand what you have at stake.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
A-40:

Its shocking really. Like I said before one day na one day he would also protect his secretary from his wife by beating her. Let's see what the consensus would be then

She's his sister firstly a woman secondly whether younger or older he shouldn't beat her period

The brother should be a peacemaker! This same wife can pack her bags and leave tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with him asking the wife to apologize to his sister. For the sister to slap the brother obviously he didn't do enough to calm down the situation

This is where the older sister is to blame! She should not have done that. But u gotta ask if it where the wife that slapped him would he not have smiled like a man that just finished a bottle of coke

The wife said stuff that could jeopardize her marriage! Its not like the sister just saw her in her dreams and made a beeline to their house

The wife was obviously disrespectful to the elder sister. The way I see it the wife has no regards for her in-laws

Lol have you seen a professional boxing fight where a woman faced a man? I'm not saying its right but its a bit more respectable

All violence is bad I co-sign that anyway. Just saying everything has it roots and the family is the smallest unit of the society. So if we find ourselves in a violent society its because there are a lot of violent homes out there so I hope you can now see where I am going with this

Baba, fi story le fun ijapa.
This issue is not hard to understand.
The whole consesus here is there any sort of violence is not acceptable.
You guys are defending the fact that it's wrong because she is a WOMAN...no matter how you look at it, it's preferential treatment.
She slapped the brother and the way he reacted was wrong but she can't be hiding behind the fact that she's female after she got kobokolized.

As a man, if I slap my junior brother and he replied me with a 'pacquiao type knockout blow' and I pass out, I have no right to start claiming the 'elder brother' card afterwards.

It's sad when a lot of people lay claims to the 'Im a woman so I shouldn't get beat' jumbo mumbo on here.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
Michky: Oh, so you're going down that lane eh? Lets not forget gender equality o (women presidents and so on). If women can ask for equality there, why shouldn't they get it everywhere? Don't wanna stray off topic, so i'll rest it here.

Gender Equality ke? Bring Usain Bolt to compete with women or bring Klitchko to fight with Patience Ozokwor
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Gender Equality ke? Bring Usain Bolt to compete with women or bring Klitchko to fight with Patience Ozokwor

But it's okay for Patience Ozokwor to slap Klitschko first and then play the 'gender card' afterwards?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
chamotex:

But it's okay for Patience Ozokwor to slap Klitschko first and then play the 'gender card' afterwards?

If patience slap Klitschko and , Klitschko panel beat am till she bleed, Guess who Popo go carry? Dem go even forget the slap sef
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

If patience slap Klitschko and , Klitschko panel beat am till she bleed, Guess who Popo go carry? Dem go even forget the slap sef

Of course but does that make it right? That is the point.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
chamotex:

Of course but does that make it right? That is the point.

Of course, No one would tell you any of the acts was right

The wife abusing the sister, The sister coming to their house and slapping the man or the man beating the sister till she bleeds All were wrong actions

But the worst of all was the mans
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

The wife abusing the sister, The sister coming to their house and slapping the man or the man beating the sister till she bleeds All were wrong actions

Why? Because she is FEMALE?
They were all wrong...fact! But the initial action probably provoked the reaction.
If she had kept her hands to herself she most likely won't get a beating.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
naijababe:

Far from it, the wife, the hubby and the sister, none came out of this smelling of roses.

Being a wife is like being an ambassador in a foreign country sometimes, you don't courting trouble where you know there's an abundance of it and you often find yourself smoothening ruffled feathers to protect your home even if you appear mumuish to those who do not understand what you have at stake.

Now i see where you are coming from. Great point.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
chamotex:

Why? Because she is FEMALE?
They were all wrong...fact! But the initial action probably provoked the reaction.
If she had kept her hands to herself she most likely won't get a beating.

Beating someone weaker till she bled

Its like you beating a 14yr old boy till he bled because he abused or slapped you
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Its like you beating a 14yr old boy till he bled because he abused or slapped you

Oh so it would have been a tad bit acceptable if she didn't bleed?

Or let's assume it was the brother that bled...we should conclude that it is okay since she was the weaker one?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Except that the woman is not a 14year old but an adult just as the man is, in this case. This is a case between two adults for heavens sakes. Or are you trying to say that there is a law that specifically punishes men that beat women in a fair fight despite her being the cause in the first place? Dont get me wrong o. I seriously stand against any sort of physical abuse that may occur between humans. But is there any law that states that men cannot beat women or women cannot beat men, in a fair fight?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Shouldnt we be looking at the CAUSE instead of the WORST?
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Michky: Except that the woman is not a 14year old but an adult just as the man is, in this case. This is a case between two adults for heavens sakes. Or are you trying to say that there is a law that specifically punishes men that beat women in a fair fight despite her being the cause in the first place?

Laws are not equal for men and women

Thats the reason for calling them the weaker sex. Until the laws are changed the guy would till be held responsible and get the longest side of the stick
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
chamotex:

Oh so it would have been a tad bit acceptable if she didn't bleed?

Or let's assume it was the brother that bled...we should conclude that it is okay since she was the weaker one?

If she slapped and you held her hand locked her outside it would be better. Her bleeding shows the degree of beating. It means it was severe beating not mild ones
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Afam4eva(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
@dayokanu
Why are you soo obsessed with this topic. For almost a week i've seen you nowhere but here. Do you have something to share with us? grin
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Laws are not equal for men and women

Thats the reason for calling them the weaker sex. Until the laws are changed the guy would till be held responsible and get the longest side of the stick

So she didn't realise she was the 'weaker sex' before slapping the man?
This is myopic to say the least.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by chamotex(m): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

If she slapped and you held her hand locked her outside it would be better. Her bleeding shows the degree of beating. It means it was severe beating not mild ones

You didn't answer the questions I asked you
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
wlex8:

I need you guys to comment on this, how right is it for one to beat up his elder sister for his wife?

This is a true life story

His family would love to have him and his wife separated if possible and this has been going on for a while, they believe she is not a good wife.

Recently, his wife and his elder sister had exchange of words somewhere, later the same day, the sister came to their house with intention to fight with the wife over the nasty things she said about her

The wife kept the house door locked so she could not gain entrance into the house to avoid further confrontation, she later alerted her husband on the phone that his sister has come to kill her

When the husband eventually came and met his sister outside, he tried to settle their quarrel all to no avail, he also insisted the sister must not enter the house

This resulted in a fight, he finally whipped and beat up his elder sister (another man's wife) to the extent that she was dripping with blood

Question: Can you beat up your elder sister for your wife, how can this issue be resolved as every member of his family are against him including his mother, should he go and beg them or not?

Why are ppl so barbaric like this?

Does his family want to marry him themselves?

I bet his are either single or miserable in their marriage.

Nigerians will NEVER mind their business.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2013
I don't support beating women, but the sister just annoys me.

Useless miserable hag.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
chaircover: Beat up elder sister till she dripped blood!!! shocked

The wife had better not sleep with both eyes closed, cos one day he is going to beat her up too!

Boundary's sha!!! . . . . Wont the world be a much better place if people learnt to respect one another undecided

what on earth could have caused such a fight between wife and husbands senior sister.

Truee
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Michky: 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
dayokanu:

So if a female burgler gets caught trying to cart away my belongins in the middle of the night or if she is disarmed while attempting to shoot me dead; am not allowed to beat her till she dripps blood? Are you even aware that there exist women that are capable of beating men black and blue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Dad Beats Babysitter Unconscious For Molesting Son / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home / If They Shoot Us We Will Not Retaliate...Day 2 #endbadgovernance Lagos Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.