Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife (30859 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / HELP!!! My Elder Sister Asking Of Sex From Me And Seducing Me / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
I love what the man did!!!!his sister should go get a life and leaver her bros home in peace.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by A40(m): 12:14am On Jan 16, 2013
kitty kat: Ppl shd stop supportingg eveil. In Nigeria, we always like to overstep boudaries. How can a married oman go to another woman's house to fight her. Even if she is ur sister inlaw and so what?

D man even tried to stop her and she refused. Now Op doesn't know or doesn't want to remember if she struck d first blow. This ensured in a fight. When ppl are fighting, its a moment of temporary madnes. I am sure that man must have forgotten say na I'm sister I dey beat. He didn't try shaa to make her start bleeding. But IMHO , this fight asnt abt the wife anymore, it was abt trespassing and stubbornness.
I don't believe any woman should be pleased about it. Not even the wife! I get he is trying to protect his wife but for me the wife should not have sat back and endorsed such violence.
Think about it if he can beat his elder sister. One day na one day he would beat you too

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by omonikiba(f): 5:32am On Jan 16, 2013
beating up the sister is something i will definately not support cos his family will not be happy he should have used wisdom to handle it. buttttttt, my people, lets not judge from the surface, people's believe is that wife should be treated low, let that sister be in the same shoe am sure she wont lock herself indoor, she will come out and fight that inlaw. i experienced this same thing last week, my sister inlaw, ofcourse elder living with us put up a fight with my hubby and no one here will be will to hear all she said, i was even begging her to let peace reign but she bounced on me and i hear hell, today now, she saw that my kegs were empty and she filled them up and shouted (cos i was in my room) i have helped you to fetch water ooo, meanwhile, i had to prayerfully forgive her cos i understand more than her and will not allow unfirgiveneess to hinder my prayers. i immediately picked up my phone and pinged my hubby, he laughed and said dont be carried away, be on guard.

this elder sister is a woman can she take it? how can you leave your husband's house and go to your brother's house to fight his wife? she should have called the brother and report her nasty words and then wait for his action, definately if the woman is wrong and listen to her hubby she will call to beg her and if not then she can involve her family. i know no family will judge right, but the truth is that wife is somebody's sister and daughter too. in my case, my inlaws pity me cos they know her kind of person and they warned us not to accept her na we no hear.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 16, 2013
omonikiba: beating up the sister is something i will definately not support cos his family will not be happy he should have used wisdom to handle it. buttttttt, my people, lets not judge from the surface, people's believe is that wife should be treated low, let that sister be in the same shoe am sure she wont lock herself indoor, she will come out and fight that inlaw. i experienced this same thing last week, my sister inlaw, ofcourse elder living with us put up a fight with my hubby and no one here will be will to hear all she said, i was even begging her to let peace reign but she bounced on me and i hear hell, today now, she saw that my kegs were empty and she filled them up and shouted (cos i was in my room) i have helped you to fetch water ooo, meanwhile, i had to prayerfully forgive her cos i understand more than her and will not allow unfirgiveneess to hinder my prayers. i immediately picked up my phone and pinged my hubby, he laughed and said dont be carried away, be on guard.

this elder sister is a woman can she take it? how can you leave your husband's house and go to your brother's house to fight his wife? she should have called the brother and report her nasty words and then wait for his action, definately if the woman is wrong and listen to her hubby she will call to beg her and if not then she can involve her family. i know no family will judge right, but the truth is that wife is somebody's sister and daughter too. in my case, my inlaws pity me cos they know her kind of person and they warned us not to accept her na we no hear.

Are you guys currently still letting her live with y'all?
There is nothing YOU can do about it, but I as a man sha, I would have had some REAL talk with my sister and laid out the options as plainly as possible so there is no room for missappropriation.

"If there is going to be this much friction between you, my wife, and myself, then it simply won't be viable that you remain in my house indefinitely. I love peace in my household. The options available to you are to either improve your behavior or find somewhere else to live. It's either one or the other. There is no middle ground on this matter from this point onwards." Any rude response to this rather polite statement should instantly be taking as a choice of option B. At which point if things need to get thrown out the house at that point then so be it. It will teach the sister respect. No time for nonsense.

If a man does not protect his wife and household from meddlesome in-laws WHO FREAKING WILL?!!!!
If your wife goes to their house to go and fight, then that is her problem if she gets beaten up. She left the domain of coverage.
But no-one, and I mean, NO-ONE comes into my domain to come and harm my wife or family. It shows a lack of respect to me and will be dealt with accordingly (most likely not with fists, unless defensively).
They are to report matters to me.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 16, 2013

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 16, 2013
donchris369: Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.

What would you have been doing before apparently your junior brother would feel the only way to proceed was to beat you? When it comes to certain things, "junior" or "senior" does not matter. It is left to you as an individual not crossing a certain line.
I don't like violence...I also cannot stomach agitators of violence. By default I personally wouldn't respond the way this guy did, but then again, I was not there so I don't know what fully occured and what was omitted. People love to pick details of a story to tell so it can seem "sweet". All I know is this, where certain types of women are concerned, when there is smoke, there was certainly a fire that led to that smoke.

People hardly switch emotion from "sis please calm down" to "I will kill you B**ch!" just like that.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Abbey2sam(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2013
donchris369: Wow, beat my sister because of my wife even to the extent of dripping blood. Wow... When we were struggling together from childhood, going to primary school, secondary school and even university, pulling things through together where was my wife. When we were drinking garri together in our struggling days in a very harsh condition, where was my wife. When people were making carricature of my family, even taunting us where was my wife. Now am a made man, rich and get myself a wife, i should now turn against my family. Beat my elder sister for what? If i didnt make it in life, will my wife look my way at all, but, i guess my sister will still put effort to make me a made man. Op did you say my elder sister? my elder sister is probably a senior to my wife, so why should my wife say nasty things about her to disrespect her? Wow.... I love my wife but, i will never turn against my family because of her. GOD forbid bad thing. Oya, i know all the married women in the house will want to take on me now. But, ask yourselves if your junior brother you sufferred for beats you up because of his wife, no matter the reason how you will take it.

You are a fool for those jargons you wrote up there, I couldn't read all so I read the first three lines.
The family want him to seperate from his wife,is that a good thing?
No matter how rude the wife is and the husband decided to stay married to his wife, the family should let him be;that's his own cross to bear.

The sister was wrong by going to someone elses house to fight them, she should have put the fact that she's someones wife into consideration before going to fight someone elses wife.

She got served

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2013
Madam CC let's not get things twisted, This is not about wife or in lwa, it is about a woan who resorted to violence not only against her in law but against her brother.
I am against violence against anyone. If as a woman you decide that violence is the best way to get your point accross then you don't go crying when you are given the same measure you put in.
Let's not turn this man into some savage beast, he would have done a better job of self control yes, but just because you are a woman doesn't give you the right to go slapping and breaking into peoples houses even when you are restrained.
This is the kind of woman if she lived abroad who will always get her husband in trouble, she can't let go, if she slaps him and he doesn't respond she can hit her self and say he hit her.
What kind of person will insist on breaking into another persons home to harm them?
Is she a god? Why can't she calm down?

A lady came here some time ago to say her husband was violent, her story didn't correspond and we asked her she came out with the truth that she had locked the doors and blocked him while he was upset and trying to leave and he simply pushed her from his way and didn't hit her.
I am a victim of violence but it won't cloud my judgement to automatically assume that only women are abused. If a woman decides to act likea thug she will get a thugs treatment.

These brand of women who will ride on the gender back and commit all sorts of evil like Ambassodr Wiwges wife I will never support.
I am not a violent person, I will not even resort to returning insults talkless of slapping and hitting a man because then I am the violent one and the other person is acting in self defence.

The day the wife decides to beat up her husband then she should expect him to defend himself. Simple.

She is not a god, she acted violently and the man defended himself even though extremely, any court will say the same, He/ she who throws the first punch is the guilty party, in this case she did.

Don't go acting like a thug when you don't have thug power to defend yourself. Being a woman is not a free card to harrass people and assume they won't defend themselves.

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2013
@chaircover, How much damage is done to ANYBODY is highly dependent on how many times the person adamantly keeps coming back for more instead of just quitting. grin
Its not always the case that they were mounted and battered cheesy
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 16, 2013
I have to agree with CC here.

But at the same time, Coogar and 2buff's posts were quite straight to the point. I kinda saw where they are coming from
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 16, 2013
Will my husbands Sister behave like a thug? The day a family Member decides against pleas to break into my home and beat me and proceeds to slap my husband ( which won't happen because they are sane) I can't say this is what my husband will do.
I shared here how I have an almost 5 year running battle with my husband who till this day has refused to let his cousin visit again after the man said nasty things about me.
No amount of pleading and voice reducing has changed his mind, even when people come in groups the poor man has to stay in the car or walk down somewhere but my husband has refused to change his mind over something that happened when we newly married.
Because women are weak so we should go around acting crazy, slapping, breaking peoples homes and expect to be petted?
So violence can only be done against women? She is the violent aggressor here, just that she got more than she bargained for, if she had gained entrance and beaten the weaker wife to a state of unconciousness, am sure you will be saying let them handle with caution.
People should not hide under in law ship or gender to commit evil abeg.
Use another defence and not gender, a woman should not go around slapping and hitting. The sister too why didn't she calm down? Was it not the same provacation she was reacting to that made her slap her own brother?
This happens when you let yourself get blinded by anger.
Abeg leave gender out of it, she was the violent one, if a wife does the same to her husband she is also the violent one, abuse has nogender

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2013
Let me ask you this; Would you have been okay if it was his brother who did that and was beaten? This is a yes or no question no story
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2013

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 16, 2013
chaircover:

Instead of us to abhor violence now, we are giving reasons.

True
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by vanitty: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2013
What a foolish thug of a man. Regardless of how frustrated you are, you shouldn't react with your fist. I wonder what iyawo was doing when egbon was receiving blood dripping beating.
Everyone should be careful around him, even iyawo herself.
One day, he might just snap and break her neck.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2013
Madam CC, You are the one choosing to ignore the violent party here.
Read through the posts, she gave the first slap.
She was the violent one here, I am not justifying or excusing violence just saying the truth that men are not solely the violent parties, the woman was the violent one here, she won't get a free pass from me because she is a woman.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Geomac: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2013
I know that the SIL went too far but NO MAN BEATS MY WIFE AND GO FREE.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Geomac: 9:24am On Jan 16, 2013
chaircover: If only people could see into the future and look at the larger picture.

People, especially women are commending the man for protecting the wife. Is that the only way he can protect his wife and show that he is in control? by beating his sister (a woman o!) to stupor undecided

Those same fists will soon be used on the wife one day (or wont she offend him one day?) and she will come crying and everyone here will call him wife beater, animal, craze man and so on. It has started now and people are high fiving him.

God forbid my husband will NEVER NEVER raise his hands against no sister or no woman for that matter and I personally will never allow it. Surely there must be a way round it before it deteriorates to that level.

Violence begets violence and I can assure you that this man has only just discovered his fists and he wont be stopping anytime soon.

. . . .and no I am not supporting the sister cos she has crossed her boundary and was very very wrong to go and fight her SIL in her own house.

+1000

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 16, 2013
This is what happens when you marry ghetto kids as wives,they end up as street fighters.the man is a disgrace to his family.
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2013
why would my sister come to my house to make trouble with my wife she is not only disrespecting me, she is also insulting me. she is telling me i cant handle my wife and she wants to do d job for me. If she was happy with her marriage, she wont be disturbing mine. she should go and settle her own marital problem and leave mine. if she is adamant on giving me problem, i might be left with no other option........ (but beating, dat one go hard oooo) no marriage is perfect, but u should leave two married adult to live their life!!!!!!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2013
[b]I can beat my elder sister, my younger sister, my elder brother, my younger brother, my mother & my father for my wife...

YES!!! I said it!!

The story painted by the op is rather sketchy for us to judge fairly. However, before the beatings, there would have been a series of events that normally would have spanned atleast several months if not years. I would have listened to all parties, formed an unbiased opinion and then made my decision..

My mother beat up her mother-in-law (My dads mum) in his presence o, way back in the early periods of their marriage. He didnt do a darn thing to my mum. He simply took my grandma to a hotel, paid her bills for the night and sent her back to her own husbands house and gave her a strict warning not to return until she learns to love and accept his wife (MY MUM).. Today, my mum and my grandmum are inseparable. Now nobody remembers when my grandmum went and brouht another girl as my fathers wife despite the fact that he was already married with a kid o!!

My point here is this.. When once I am married, I am married. Its my wife and I. NOBODY not my family members or her family members have the right to give her a hard time in my home except me. Not even our children.

I support what the man did. If his sister was being a rabied biitch, then he needed to put her down.. PERIOD!!!

A married mans immediate family is his WIFE!!! [/b]

3 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by greatgod2012(f): 9:38am On Jan 16, 2013
As i have said b4, i cant allow my hubby beat up her sister, not even any woman, there are other better ways this type of issue can be resolved and also, looking at it from another angle, d man just beat up another man's wife, if care is not taken, he may graduate to a wife beater........just thinking....
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2013
~Bluetooth:
This is what happens when you marry ghetto kids as wives,they end up as street fighters.the man is a disgrace to his family.

i really dont get ur point bros. are u yabbling d wive, sister(beaten) or the d man (beater) grin grin grin
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 16, 2013
debrief08: Madam CC, You are the one choosing to ignore the violent party here.
Read through the posts, she gave the first slap.
She was the violent one here, I am not justifying or excusing violence just saying the truth that men are not solely the violent parties, the woman was the violent one here, she won't get a free pass from me because she is a woman.

Thank you!
As in, I love it how people (especially your gender) just love to tune out certain aspects of an event and focus on the one thing they have chosen to focus on.
The thing is, if that same woman slapped them as women, they would still batter themselves bloody. Yet feel the need to sit on some high-chair to start judging a man when he responds physically to physical assault.

They start to get all "psychological" and "philosophical" about the man's response and about how he will now undoubtedly become a serial rapist/killer/beater/etc because of his simple retaliatory act... taking great care not to even look upon the female instigator of violence with the same analytical pair of goggles, lest they find themselves judging their own selves undecided ....and nobody likes that cheesy
Hypocrites! grin

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dammytosh: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2013
He did not beat up his elder sister for his wife. The Topic is misleading and a lot of lazy Nairalanders will not bother reading before hitting the reply button.

He beat his sister for intruding into his private residence. Please leave the wife out.

Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by ozodigboo(m): 9:46am On Jan 16, 2013
kitty kat: Do you then think that a sister of a man has the right to go to the man's house and beat up the wife?

@ kitty kat _ very good question. u settled the whole argument.

1 Like

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2013
2buff:

Thank you!
As in, I love it how people (especially your gender) just love to tune out certain aspects of an event and focus on the one thing they have chosen to focus on.
The thing is, if that same woman slapped them as women, they would still batter themselves bloody. Yet feel the need to sit on some high-chair to start judging a man when he responds physically to physical assault.

They start to get all "psychological" and "philosophical" about the man's response and about how he will now become a serial rapist/killer/beater/etc because of his simple retaliatory act, failing utterly to assess the twisted, mental, and stupid psychology/philosophy of the female instigator of the violent scene.

lol
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by dammytosh: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]I can beat my elder sister, my younger sister, my elder brother, my younger brother, my mother & my father for my wife...

YES!!! I said it!!

The story painted by the op is rather sketchy for us to judge fairly. However, before the beatings, there would have been a series of events that normally would have spanned atleast several months if not years. I would have listened to all parties, formed an unbiased opinion and then made my decision..

My mother beat up her mother-in-law (My dads mum) in his presence o, way back in the early periods of their marriage. He didnt do a darn thing to my mum. He simply took my grandma to a hotel, paid her bills for the night and sent her back to her own husbands house and gave her a strict warning not to return until she learns to love and accept his wife (MY MUM).. Today, my mum and my grandmum are inseparable. Now nobody remembers when my grandmum went and brouht another girl as my fathers wife despite the fact that he was already married with a kid o!!

My point here is this.. When once I am married, I am married. Its my wife and I. NOBODY not my family members or her family members have the right to give her a hard time in my home except me. Not even our children.

I support what the man did. If his sister was being a rabied biitch, then he needed to put her down.. PERIOD!!!

A married mans immediate family is his WIFE!!! [/b]

Don't worry, plenty gullible female nairalanders will be willing to contact you to beat your mum and watch you take her to the hotel and pay her bills.

Your mum knew how weak your Dad was (Who brings another wife for a man who is man enough) and that is why she could beat your grand ma. I pity you and hoppe your Dad does not get beaten soon. cos there is law of Karma.

You don't beat anybody for any reason , get her arrested. Stop celebrating your mum's disgraceful act and your Dad's clueless response.

4 Likes

Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2013
deleted
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2013
kitty kat: Do you then think that a sister of a man has the right to go to the man's house and beat up the wife?

Absolutely not!
Re: He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife by royalguru: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2013
First of all what happened that made the sister to leave her own husbands house to fight her brothers wife. This story is one sided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home / If They Shoot Us We Will Not Retaliate...Day 2 #endbadgovernance Lagos Team / 2 Missing Kids Found In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.