Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? (12407 Views)

What Was Budgeted For The Federal Ministry Of Interior #saatahbudgetseries / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 7:36am On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

OK. A question for you. The food consumed in the official residence of the governor is paid for from which purse? Try to be intelligent in your answer.

Exactly! Your question exposes the rot that military rule imposed on this country. A governor is paid a salary, just like other citizens are paid salaries. How else do want him to feed his family, but from his salary? Why should tax payers pay for his meals?

There's a food budget at the Aso Rock to take care of state banquets. So I ask again, can you show me evidence of any state banquet at Lagos House?

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 7:36am On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui: LOL. Some people are exposing their plain stu.pidity. Maybe Fashola pays from his pocket. Or even begs money from his wife.

Excuse me, just a question. Are people saying state governors pay for food consumed in their official household from their pocket? I dont get it.

This is why Nigerians make me laugh - ascribing unsavoury tags to others that is more descriptive of themselves. Many Nigerians remain too feudalistic, emotional and clannish to ever think before they talk. If you and others appreciate the rudiments of State/Country budgeting then you will understand that all significant known future spending must be specified and budgeted for.

The FG has to reveal what the President spends on food in the budget because the amount is financially significant to the extent provisions must be made for it. The same does not have to hold for Governors because not everyone has to do things the way GEJ profligately does it. Indeed Fashola gains commendation for his innovative approach to cost-cutting and the pursuit of Lagos self-financing its own activities as much as possible.

To that end, the Lagos budget is one of the most transparent and most efficiently collated in the Nation. You and others should go and get a copy of the budget and find what you look for there. Then bring it here and stop talking like illiterates who claim something must exist in house B, merely because it is seen in house A, yet expect others to prove that case for them. What would be easier than OP bringing a copy of the Lagos budget here and showing us what Fashola spens on food if such exists? Are we illiterates here with no capacity for thinking? Why should this mindless idiocy continue that sees some indulging the foolish OP while others support him foolishly? These are the sort of thread shaming this forum as one fool of cretins.

Don't just talk. Get the Lagos budget and prove your case. Ultimately, if what you seek is not in the Lagos budget, then you and others should draw the only conclusion a functional and educated mind can form so you can spare us all this mischief and find better things to do with your time. That OP is foolish enough to start a silly, idiotic and asinine thread does not mean he must gain a supporting cast.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 16, 2013
@Gbawe..,that is general overview of the budget. This thread is asking for the budget sub-head for food and refreshment. If I may ask, are you comfortable with the fact that you know what FG spends on food and refreshment but no idea whatsoever about what the states spend on this same item?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:38am On Jan 16, 2013
Gbawe:

This is why Nigerians make me laugh - ascribing unsavoury tags to others names more descriptive of them. Many Nigerians remain too feudalistic, emotional and clannish to ever think before they talk. If you and others appreciate the rudiments of State/Country budgeting then you will understand that all significant known future spending must be specified and budgeted for.

The FG has to reveal what the President spends on food in the budget because the amount is financially significant to the extent provisions must be made for it. The same does not have to hold for Governors because not everyone has to do things the way GEJ profligately does it. Indeed Fashola gains commendation for his innovative approach to cost-cutting and the pursuit of Lagos self-financing its own activities as much as possible.

To that end, the Lagos budget is one of the most transparent and most efficiently collated in the Nation. You and others should go and get a copy of the budget and find what you look for there. Then bring it here and stop talking like illiterates who claim something must exist in house B, merely because it is seen in house A, yet expect others to prove their case for them. Ultimately, if what you seek is not in the Lagos budget, then you and others should draw the only conclusion a functional and educated mind can form so you can spare us all this mischief and find better things to do with your time. That OP is foolish enough to start a silly, idiotic and asinine thread does not mean he must gain a supporting cast.

Answer the question. Act your age. The food consumed by governors in their official residence is paid for from which purse? Simple question. Long meaningless english.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2:

Exactly! Your question exposes the rot that military rule imposed on this country. A governor is paid a salary, just like other citizens are paid salaries. How else do want him to feed his family, but from his salary? Why should tax payers pay for his meals?

There's a food budget at the Aso Rock to take care of state banquets. So I ask again, can you show me evidence of any state banquet at Lagos House?

Answer simple question. The food consumed at the official residence of state governors are paid for from which purse? Save us too many stories. Answer, plain and straightforward.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by nduchucks: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian, welcome back Beaf. smiley

Only the ignorant ones believe that there exists a state government which does not allocate some money for food and entertainment. While they may not have a line item in their budgets for food and entertainment, they routinely use funding from what is budgeted for Security e.t.c, for food and entertainment.

I'm afraid that it is impossible to determine the amount Lagos or any other state spends on feeding. Good luck in attempting to force any state government, via legislative action, to itemize Food and Entertainment for the governor's office. Most governors will veto such a bill.

Stop being a mischief maker, olodo.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Answer simple question. The food consumed at the official residence of state governors are paid for from which purse? Save us too many stories. Answer, plain and straightforward.

Comprehension is a problem (you can't possibly tell me you didn't see salary in what I posted). I maintain, from his salary. If you say otherwise, provide proof.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2:

Bizarre. So governors feed their family from the pocket while in the government house. You are so funny.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2013
We will soon get to page 4 and still no proof. What we have is speculation, insults, etc, but still no proof.

Ah well, the day breaks. Goodbye.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2:

Comprehension is a problem (you can't possibly tell me you didn't see salary in what I posted). I maintain, from his salary. If you say otherwise, provide proof.

Asking people to provide proof while you fail to provide any proof to your statements. No need to argue with you any further.

Maybe he pays his official drivers from his pocket too. LOL. You are too funny. Dont kill me with laugh this morning.

Provide proof that he pays from his pocket first. do it and be an intelligent man.

PS. Try to sound a bit intelligent when you talk in public.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2013
ndu_chucks: Sincere 9gerian, welcome back Beaf. smiley

Only the ignorant ones believe that there exists a state government which does not allocate some money for food and entertainment. While they may not have a line item in their budgets for food and entertainment, they routinely use funding from what is budgeted for Security e.t.c, for food and entertainment.

I'm afraid that it is impossible to determine the amount Lagos or any other state spends on feeding. Good luck in attempting to force any state government, via legislative action, to itemize Food and Entertainment for the governor's office. Most governors will veto such a bill.

Stop being a mischief maker, olodo.
You cannot make any impression on this issue thru BLACKMAIL.

No bill was passed at the federal level before the budget for feeding and refreshment was made known to all
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

Answer the question. Act your age. The food consumed by governors in their official residence is paid for from which purse? Simple question. Long meaningless english.

I don't know who gave olodos like you admission to this forum. You, like a total simpleton, pathetically holding on to one thing as if you have an Einsteinic point. No one is foolish enough to think there is nil expense associated with feeding the Governor's office. You clearly don't understand the rudiments of budgeting. This is why I mentioned "significant" as a tag to spending on food. If the amount spent is inconsequential and infrequent enough to be significant financially it may fall , for example, under sundry expenses.

You should let genuinely bright folks talk instead of running around insulting others because you think you have a point when all you continue to regurgitate is arrantly simple nonsense that shows you do not appreciate the rudiments of budgeting or even basic book-keeping.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by nduchucks: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You cannot make any impression on this issue thru BLACKMAIL.

No bill was passed at the federal level before the budget for feeding and refreshment was made known to all

No one is attempting to blackmail you. I am here to expose your mischief. If you can pick any state in Nigeria and show me a line item in the state's budget for the Governor's feeding expenses then I'll start taking you seriously on this issue.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2013
The so called food budget only exist in the imagination of the OP....

Can the Mod lock this thread pls!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by omenka(m): 8:10am On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2:

You see, I'm quite intrigued by this. You've just said it again. . . ."Every state has a budget for feeding". Can you provide proof of this? Or is it an assumption?

I usually follow the budget presentation/debate and I've never heard of a food budget for Lagos House. I can understand why Aso Rock has a food budget. . . .state banquets are usually held for visiting heads of state and you can't expect the president to fund that from his salary...but I've never heard of a state banquet at Lagos House, neither have I heard of a publicly funded food budget for Lagos House. I'm hearing about it for the first time from you.

There's a maxim in law. . . . "semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit" meaning "he who asserts must prove". You've asserted that there is a publicly funded food budget. . . Do you have proof of this? I would really like to see it.
Op, why are you pretending not to see these? Answer the damn question.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 8:18am On Jan 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

No one is attempting to blackmail you. I am here to expose your mischief. If you can pick any state in Nigeria and show me a line item in the state's budget for the Governor's feeding expenses then I'll start taking you seriously on this issue.

Don't mind him. You called him olodo appropriately. No doubt that insecure9gerian enjoys his mischief. It is just tragic he does not have the intellect to match that penchant for inane mischief. Why put the onus on others to supply information he can obtain himself? If, for a State with a very transparent budget, the information OP seeks is not available anywhere then sensible folks can only draw one conclusion - i.e the amount used to feed the Governors office is not financially significant enough to warrant separate and distinct categorisation in the budget.

This is a pathetic attempt by OP to play on the predilection of Nigerians to embrace sentiments and clannishness instead of engaging their brain. Jonathan has been criticised severely for his profligate and insensitive food budget. What better way, according to the feudal thinking of OP, to make GEJ look good than by creating the impression Fashola may have a vast feeding budget also? Never mind that this is not supported by any documentations anywhere. Some Nairalanders don't read and never seek information they can get easily, so OP knows he will gain clannish and feudal support. The bottom line is that OP can get the figure he wants if such exists because it is large enough to warrant distinct appropriation like Mr.President's own gigantic feeding allocation.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by takedat(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2013
@Sincere9gerian, abeg quit being a dunderhead. Its obvious there is no appropriation for feeding nor refreshments in the budget except you know where it is hidden under the sub-heads. If you are so interested in knowing, kindly invoke the FOI.
Not everyone exhibits gluttony in government unlike your ...... !
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2013
I can see attempts to deceptively tag the Lagos state govt feeding budget as "insignificant".

Who determines what is insignificant? What is insignificant to one man or state may be significant for another man or state. For instance N1billion may be insignificant for Lagos state but significant for Enugu state.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 8:36am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu: Can anyone even show us evidence there was a food budget to begin with

Even the Op himself is confused and dont know. he started of with certainty to uncertainty. There is obviously no food budget as assumed by the OP.

Sincere 9gerian:
Lagos state govt should come clean on what it spends on feeding because every state govt has a budget for feeding.

Less than 30mins later

Sincere 9gerian:

Every state should have a budget that takes care of such refreshment.

Op is highly unstable and dangerous.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 16, 2013
Abeg where is aso rocks laptop budget?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 16, 2013
This thread has been a waste of my time. Came to see if there would be any information on the amount budgeted for feeding but I didn't see any. When you assert something, the onus is on you to prove that which you assert. This has been a one-sided affair and I'm not happy. I came to see a good debate, I don't like the way Gbawe and Naptu rode roughshod on you.

'Sincere' my good man, you're not doing a good job. You need to buckle up. I don't like the way you keep getting a.s.s-whooped on these threads. angry

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2013
grin grin grin

TouchDown: This thread has been a waste of my time. Came to see if there would be any information on the amount budgeted for feeding but I didn't see any. When you assert something, the onus is on you to prove that which you assert. This has been a one-sided affair and I'm not happy. I came to see a good debate, I don't like the way Gbawe and Naptu rode roughshod on you.

'Sincere' my good man, you're not doing a good job. You need to buckle up. I don't like the way you keep getting a.s.s-whooped on these threads. angry

Smelly 9gerian's job is pretty hard.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by GARRIx7(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2013
TouchDown: This thread has been a waste of my time. Came to see if there would be any information on the amount budgeted for feeding but I didn't see any. When you assert something, the onus is on you to prove that which you assert. This has been a one-sided affair and I'm not happy. I came to see a good debate, I don't like the way Gbawe and Naptu rode roughshod on you.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 9:41am On Jan 16, 2013
To say there is no budget for food and entertainment when there is food and entertainment expenses is actually an indictment on LASG. You cannot spend what is not budgeted for. Governance is a constitutional thing, not a personal things. The launch of the blue rail project last week saw a lot of people scrambling for food and refreshment. Someone even tried to suggest that it was the contractor that provided the refreshment! grin

That was a lot of money spent just in one event. To suggest that such monies are not budgeted for is to admit that the LASG is being run like a private enterprise and maybe that is the case. Such amount of money cannot be called sundry expenses. That will mean the budget is not transparent and will also mean the house of assembly is not doing their job. Government, at all levels, have budget for everything down to the pen and pins used in the offices. @op. maybe someone will need to invoke the FOI to strutinise the budget. Most of those talking trash to you here have no knowledge of what is in the LASG budget. They are just paid sycophants and party thugs. You will get nothing from them so no need to engage them. They have neither seen nor read a copy of LASG budget document in their lives. grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by mu2sa2: 9:52am On Jan 16, 2013
Why the obsession with budget for food? Security Vote (vote for govt house) is where the big theft is committed. If u look at the budget for govt house for virtually all the states it is the largest. This is the money the governor and his wife or wives (so-called first ladies) play with anyhow because it is not accounted for.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:53am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope: To say there is no budget for food and entertainment when there is food and entertainment expenses is actually an indictment on LASG. You cannot spend what is not budgeted for. Governance is a constitutional thing, not a personal things. The launch of the blue rail project last week saw a lot of people scrambling for food and refreshment. Someone even tried to suggest that it was the contractor that provided the refreshment! grin

That was a lot of money spent just in one event. To suggest that such monies are not budgeted for is to admit that the LASG is being run like a private enterprise and maybe that is the case. Such amount of money cannot be called sundry expenses. That will mean the budget is not transparent and will also mean the house of assembly is not doing their job. Government, at all levels, have budget for everything down to the pen and pins used in the offices. @op. maybe someone will need to invoke the FOI to strutinise the budget. Most of those talking trash to you here have no knowledge of what is in the LASG budget. They are just paid sycophants and party thugs. You will get nothing from them so no need to engage them. They have neither seen nor read a copy of LASG budget document in their lives. grin

Have you seen or read one? Since you are making assertions here, why don't you just quote relevant part of the budget.

OR GIVE UP and start another thread -about Lagos of course.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Delafruita(m): 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope: To say there is no budget for food and entertainment when there is food and entertainment expenses is actually an indictment on LASG. You cannot spend what is not budgeted for. Governance is a constitutional thing, not a personal things. The launch of the blue rail project last week saw a lot of people scrambling for food and refreshment. Someone even tried to suggest that it was the contractor that provided the refreshment! grin

someone asserted the contractor provided the refreshment,if you think otherwise,provide your own assertion with proof.the budget of lagos state is available http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2012/SUMMARYOFPERSONNELEXPENDITURE.pdf. every subhead is broken down.you can even check the monthly budgetary allocation for transportation of the governor and deputy governor.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
Gbawe:

I don't know who gave olodos like you admission to this forum. You, like a total simpleton, pathetically holding on to one thing as if you have an Einsteinic point. No one is foolish enough to think there is nil expense associated with feeding the Governor's office. You clearly don't understand the rudiments of budgeting. This is why I mentioned "significant" as a tag to spending on food. If the amount spent is inconsequential and infrequent enough to be significant financially it may fall , for example, under sundry expenses.

You should let genuinely bright folks talk instead of running around insulting others because you think you have a point when all you continue to regurgitate is arrantly simple nonsense that shows you do not appreciate the rudiments of budgeting or even basic book-keeping.

How old is this f.ool? Dont worry about my intellect, worry about yours. Answer the question old fo..ool.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Among other things, the states also holds weekly state executive council meetings, host all sorts of guest on weekdays,etc

Note that feeding and refreshment are interchangeable.

Every state should have a budget that takes care of such refreshment. It may have been lumped together with other things but for the purpose of transparency and accountability, it has to be de-lumped, if it was previously lumped together with other budget sub-heads, and DECLARED.

And after bn de-lumped, you will then ask for the cost of ingredients to be de-lumped as well. Please educate yourself here http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=1
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Ngwakwe: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
If the Op has removed Lagos State Govt and written Abia State Govt, we would have had another set of contributions from what are presently on this board.

Forget about reading astrological meanings to the Op's motive, he just asked a simple question, lo and behold everybody is jumping on him as if he just burned a Koran in Northern Nigeria..

Nigerians deserve the types of Gov. T. A. Orji to rule and reign the whole country for forty years because of our total hypocrisy and bias.

Shame on all of us.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
seanet01: First go to your Gully erosion pervaded east and ask them how much their mummy governors are using to feed their kidnappers every year.
Lagosphobia is truly your problem
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 16, 2013
Where is the figure now

Misleading heading. Nigeria will be good under my care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PDP Wasted Nigeria’s Resources – Dogara / Reps Passes Motion To Extend Rail Rracks to Lekki FTZ, Dangote Refinery / Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.