Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? (12413 Views)

What Was Budgeted For The Federal Ministry Of Interior #saatahbudgetseries / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

That is not how to fault a budget. What is important to each state is very different. You and I might not like it but that is the way it is. Many of those states fully sponsors their students to try and force them to get good education else they will not even have 1 graduate in 5 years.

@lastpope, and you can defend this type of budget? I recall that u said you have abt 40+ pple in your employment, am not sure your budget wld look like Bauchi's

"The Bauchi State government budgeted N138.7 billion for 2012, an increase of about N21 billion over the amount in 2011. Yuguda intends to finance the 2012 budget with N69 billion from FAAC, a paltry N7.3 billion as IGR and another N58 billion as loans. In what should be a violation of any sound fiscal responsibility law, nearly 40% of the budget will be financed through borrowing for two years in a row. In 2011, Bauchi State’s domestic debt was about N91 billion, so by the end of the year, Bauchi would be in debt to the tune of some N150 billion. Public debt charges this year is some N6.3 billion and rising. It looks like Yuguda is determined to leave behind a debt-ridden, if not financially insolvent state!"
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 10:55am On Jan 16, 2013
TouchDown: This thread has been a waste of my time. Came to see if there would be any information on the amount budgeted for feeding but I didn't see any. When you assert something, the onus is on you to prove that which you assert. This has been a one-sided affair and I'm not happy. I came to see a good debate, I don't like the way Gbawe and Naptu rode roughshod on you.

'Sincere' my good man, you're not doing a good job. You need to buckle up. I don't like the way you keep getting a.s.s-whooped on these threads. angry

My brother, next thread insecure9gerian will start will be one where he is seeking information regarding the number of planes Fashola has in his fleet in an attempt to gain crude and inane justification for how his messiah, GEJ, unnecessarily, profligately and callously maintains a bloated number of Airplanes yet seeks further funds to augment this condemnable fleet. Jonathan just disgraces Nigeria with his antics that are nauseating, blatant and "I don't give a damn" show of inhuman greed and amazing leadership lack of empathy.

My guy, see for yourself and note that the likes of Inscere9gerian and his supporting cast should not be taken seriously. Inspect what is written below ,indicating callous waste, and align it with the consideration that Nigerians are some of the most wretcehedly poor people on earth to note what GEJ is. The man is hollowly called "fresh air" and "transformation" by nauseating sycophants like Insincer9gerian yet the reality shows GEJ is transforming nothing. In fact he is worsening waste, bureaucracy, bloated governance, corruption and heightening inefficiency everywhere.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-spends-n9bn-annually-on-10-aircraft-presidential-fleet/

FG spends N9bn annually on 10-aircraft presidential fleet

DECEMBER 5, 2012 BY OYETUNJI ABIOYE

INFORMATION obtained from government aviation agencies and airline operators has revealed that President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration spends an estimated N9.08bn annually on the Presidential Air Fleet.

PAF has the third largest fleet of aircraft in the country. According to findings, the PAF contains a total of 10 aircraft, coming closely behind Aerocontractors Airlines, which has a total of 14 aircraft.

Arik Air, the largest commercial airline in the country, has a fleet of 23 aircraft.

Figures obtained from the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority revealed that N9.08bn is spent to maintain the 10 presidential jets every year.

The PAF include two Falcon 7X jets, two Falcon 900 jets, Gulfstream 550, one Boeing 737 BBJ (Nigerian Air Force 001 or Eagle One), and Gulfstream IVSP.

Others are one Gulfstream V, Cessna Citation 2 aircraft and Hawker Siddley 125-800 jet.

Cost of running fleet

According to a former Minister of Information, Professor, Dora Akunyili, each of the two Falcon 7X jets purchased in 2010 cost $51.1m, while the Gulfstream 550 costs $53.3m.

The factory price of other aircraft in the fleet could not be easily obtained online. However, airline CEOs put the average price of Falcon 900 at $35m, Gulfstream IVSP as $40m, Gulfstream V at $45m, Boeing 737 BBJ at $58m, Cessna Citation is $7m and Hawker Siddley 125-800 at $15m.

This brings a combined estimated value of Nigeria’s PAF to $390.5m (N60.53bn).

According to airline chief executives and industry experts, airlines spend between 15 and 20 per cent of the cost of an aircraft on its operation yearly. They say that averagely, a little less than one-fifth of the cost of the plane is spent every year on insurance, flight and cabin crew, maintenance, fuelling, catering and training.

Going by the fact that at least 15 per cent of this amount is spent annually on operating the PAF, it means about $58.57m (N9.08bn ) is spent annually on running the planes .

Nigeria happens to be one of few countries of the world with a large PAF.

[size=14pt]Other countries’ fleets[/size]

[b]Most major countries in Europe and Asia maintain mostly two aircraft in their Presidential Air Fleet, according to Wikipedia.

According to the website, Japan maintains only two Boeing 747-400 planes in its Presidential Air Fleet.

The two aircraft, mostly for the Prime Minister, the Emperor, Empress and other members of the Imperial Family, is operated by the Japan Air Self-Defence Force.

The aircraft were constructed at the Boeing factory at the same time as the United States’ Air Force One. Both Japanese aircraft were delivered in 1990.

Wikipedia also confirms that the Netherlands government operates only two aircraft, one Fokker 70 and one Gulfstream IV, as a means of transport for the Dutch Royal family and government officials, such as the prime minister and other ministers.

They are also used also to attend international conferences, and also for private trips by the Queen and the Prince of Orange.

For long haul trips the Royal Dutch Airline is used. Often the upper deck of a Boeing 747 is used.

The Queen of England and Prime Minister David Cameron often go on British Airways chartered flights for long trips. UK’s Cameron was recently criticised by the UK media for chartering a foreign plane instead of a British’s.

According to Wikipedia, The Royal Squadron of the Royal Air Force maintains a fleet of Agusta A109 helicopters, BAE-125 mid-sized business jet and BAE-146 regional airliner to support short travel by the Royal Family, the Prime Minister and senior members of the British Government.

Countries like Ghana, Algeria and a host of others in Europe maintain only one aircraft in their PAF.
[/b]

Domestic airlines

The latest revelation on Nigeria’s PAF size is coming amid dearth of aircraft among domestic airlines, which lack adequate finance to buy more planes to meet up with the soaring domestic passenger capacity.

Apart from Arik Air and Aero, each of the remaining domestic airlines does not possess even half of the number of aircraft in the PAF, according to findings by our correspondent.

IRS Airlines has only four operational aircraft in its fleet; Dana Air has four aircraft; Firstnation, three aircraft; and Medview Airlines, two aircraft; figures obtained from the industry revealed.

In recent months, domestic travellers have been scrambling to get air tickets due to lack of capacity on the part of the other local airlines, after the suspension of operations by Dana Air, Air Nigeria and FirstNation Airlines respectively.

Apart from Arik and Aero, most of the domestic airlines fell behind the PAF in terms of the number of aircraft in their fleet.

These include Air Nigeria, Dana Air, IRS Airlines, FirstNation Airlines, Medview Airlines, Overland Airways and Associated Airlines.

Airline CEOs opinions

Some airline CEOs, who pleaded anonymity, raised concerns over the economic sense behind the large mix of brands of aircraft in the President Air Fleet.

They said although the fleet size was large, the cost of operation would have been cheaper if they had maintained only two brands, instead of more.

According to them, the various brands of aircraft in the fleet will cost the Presidency more in terms of money being spent on aircraft maintenance, insurance, engineers, flight and cabin crew among others.

“If you look at the Presidential Fleet, you have at least five different brands of aircraft manufacturers. In that single Presidential Fleet, you have Boeing, Falcons, Gulfstream, Hawker and Cessna: that is not less than four different brands from various countries. I don’t know the economic sense in this. The fleet needs to be streamlined from five to just two brands. The aircraft can’t see each other. It means each of those planes will have its own flight crew, cabin crew, engineers, dispatchers etc. It is a mismatch. The Presidency will be spending more to keep all of them in the skies. Going by airline economics, you spend less when you focus on a single brand or at most two. You will get support from the manufacturers and then you spend less,” the CEO of a domestic airline, who pleaded anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the matter, told our correspondent.

“Look at IRS, it has only one brand, all its four planes are all from Fokker; look at First Nation, it has only Airbus. All its three planes are all Airbus A319. Look at Dana, all its four planes are all Boeing MD-83s. Look at Aero, It has only Boeing and Bombardier planes, just two brands. That is how to run a fleet of aircraft with economic sense. You don’t need more than two. Globally, it is the same thing. South West Airlines in USA has hundreds of planes and they are all from one single brand, Boeing. I think they need to streamline the fleet to just two brands to minimise the cost of running them. By that, there will be a reduction in the number of the crews they will be using to fly them” the CEO added.

Spokesman for the President, Mr. Reuben Abati, could not be reached for comments on the PAF. Telephone calls made to his telephone line was not picked, while a text message sent was not also replied.

PAF workforce

According to the NAF’s website, PAF’s current staff strength consists of 47 NAF officers, 173 airmen/airwomen and 96 civilian staff, both technical and administrative.

“The operational headquarters of the Fleet is located at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, while the administrative personnel are at the Federal Secretariat. The fleet has a liaison office at the Presidential Villa. Flight operations, training, aircraft maintenance and general running of the fleet are funded by the Presidency,” according to the website.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

Actually that post of mine u qouted was a response to urs that went off from the topic itself.
When u say entertainment, what do u mean? who is fashola entertaining? We have seen pictures of fashola receiving guests and he doesnt entertain. u will need to prove that fashola entertains probably with fanta or coke or lacasera and then ask how much he used to purchase such in a financial year. Again take a look at fashola receiving another visitor. Not even water. The place is not even configured for such. so simple.

Come to think of it, na wa for fashola ooooo, haba grin

Demdem, this is one of the most ridiculous and unintelligent things I have ever heard! So you think entertainment is when the governor puts a bottle of moet on the table while talking to his guest? Haba! I thought you were better than this. You are justs disgracing me, walahi! angry

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Demdem, this is one of the most ridiculous and unintelligent things I have ever heard! So you think entertainment is when the governor puts a bottle of moet on the table while talking to his guest? Haba! I thought you were better than this. You are justs disgracing me, walahi! angry

it goes beyond that but most obviously starts from there. That is why we are asking u to bring out evidence of such things occurring at all. If after the public gathering, there is an exchange of envelopes or feast going on afterwards, let us know. U av said nothing so far.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 11:00am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

That link is a financial summery not a budget breakdown. There are no details of expenditure there!

@lastpope, you have fallen my hand by this statement. Am disappointed! This is a document of 56 pages that tells the whole world how much was budgeted and how much has bn spent so far carefully detailed and presented at the State Executive meeting by Hon Comm Ben Akabueze. Pls go and read it again and be educated http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

@lastpope, and you can defend this type of budget? I recall that u said you have abt 40+ pple in your employment, am not sure your budget wld look like Bauchi's

"The Bauchi State government budgeted N138.7 billion for 2012, an increase of about N21 billion over the amount in 2011. Yuguda intends to finance the 2012 budget with N69 billion from FAAC, a paltry N7.3 billion as IGR and another N58 billion as loans. In what should be a violation of any sound fiscal responsibility law, nearly 40% of the budget will be financed through borrowing for two years in a row. In 2011, Bauchi State’s domestic debt was about N91 billion, so by the end of the year, Bauchi would be in debt to the tune of some N150 billion. Public debt charges this year is some N6.3 billion and rising. It looks like Yuguda is determined to leave behind a debt-ridden, if not financially insolvent state!"

Have you ever heard of the word "subjective" and "relative"? I dont have to defend the budget. Am just letting you know that you cannot say a budget is bad because the items are not like LASG budget. Is that not clear enough? I dont even want to read the bauchi budget because I believe the items will annoy me. Like if I see millions being spent on pilgrimage. But, my point is, that might just be what is obtainable in that part of the world. In terms of borrowing, you could say the same for LASG. They are borrowing massively too!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2013
It's funny how some people are implying that the LASG does not budget for food. Which money do they use in purchasing the food they eat at Alausa? All the dinners they host all year round, where does the money come from? Is it Fashola's private money that he uses to do all these things?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

it goes beyond that but most obviously starts from there. That is why we are asking u to bring out evidence of such things occurring at all. If after the public gathering, there is an exchange of envelopes or feast going on afterwards, let us know. U av said nothing so far.

This statement can only come from someone who have never been to a government function. Even in advanced countries, about all government functions have some form of entertainment. You have just showed you are no where close to government but are just a pawn in the scheme of things, no offence! grin grin grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2013
You need a proper job.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

@lastpope, you have fallen my hand by this statement. Am disappointed! This is a document of 56 pages that tells the whole world how much was budgeted and how much has bn spent so far carefully detailed and presented at the State Executive meeting by Hon Comm Ben Akabueze. Pls go and read it again and be educated http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35

My good friend, you are throwing links around like ping pong! I have already seen the one that has some breakdown and there is no governors expenditure there. That is why I posted that of the chief of staff.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by infohenry(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2013
seanet01: First go to your Gully erosion pervaded east and ask them how much their mummy governors are using to feed their kidnappers every year.
Lagosphobia is truly your problem
That you are in existence is one reason this country wil never move forward. Nonsense so accountability is only for FG.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2013
@lost pope

For example, look at Governor Dickson who became a governor months ago entertaining and enjoying life grin Dont u think its will be much more reasonable if this thread was directed at the bayelsa governor demanding how much he budgets for entertainment in a financial year? This is more like it.

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by ba7man(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Have you ever heard of the word "subjective" and "relative"? I dont have to defend the budget. Am just letting you know that you cannot say a budget is bad because the items are not like LASG budget. Is that not clear enough? I dont even want to read the bauchi budget because I believe the items will annoy me. Like if I see millions being spent on pilgrimage. But, my point is, that might just be what is obtainable in that part of the world. In terms of borrowing, you could say the same for LASG. They are borrowing massively too!
Now, if you truely care about State Government budgets,expenditure and making Nigeria better, your target Should be States like the same Bauchi that annoys you and Niger Delta States that receive so much but deliver nothing. Questioning the best run state in Nigeria will only pass you off as an Oposition seeking to discredit the efforts of your rival.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 11:11am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

This statement can only come from someone who have never been to a government function. Even in advanced countries, about all government functions have some form of entertainment. You have just showed you are no where close to government but are just a pawn in the scheme of things, no offence! grin grin grin

shut up. it happens well here in PH and Bayelsa but it will be wrong for me to conclude and see it as a general trend.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 11:11am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Point of correction, i didnt compare Lagos Budget wt Bauchi budget. I only used Bauchi as an example of Bad Budget wen u said there are none.

True, Lagos is borrowing massively, but for the umpteenth time, read this properly and you will see how LASG services its debts.http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35
LASG does not use loan to service debts. LASG IGR is enough to run the engine of the state and they can tie proceeds of the their projects to pay back loans see one explanation here https://www.nairaland.com/1164136/fashola-denies-obtaining-15m-export-import
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:12am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem: @lost pope

For example, look at Governor Dickson who became a governor months ago entertaining and enjoying life grin Dont u think its will be much more reasonable if this thread was directed at the bayelsa governor demanding how much he budgets for entertainment in a financial year? This is more like it.

Demdem, I will not follow you on this your BRT ride! Just for the last time. There is always entertainment in government functions and events and no one has said it is wrong in the first place. The only thing the @op asked is how much was budgeted for it. GEJ Aso rock food expenses is not even wrong and no one has said it is. The only debate is how much and how justifiable the amount is. Stay on topic!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 11:15am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Demdem, I will not follow you on this your BRT ride! Just for the last time. There is always entertainment in government functions and events and no one has said it is wrong in the first place. The only thing the @op asked is how much was budgeted for it. GEJ Aso rock food expenses is not even wrong and no one has said it is. The only debate is how much and how justifiable the amount is. Stay on topic!

And we are saying (at least for now) Fashola does not entertain grin grin We have pictures to butress this fact. Bring urs up also and lets discuss it. grin grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

My good friend, you are throwing links around like ping pong! I have already seen the one that has some breakdown and there is no governors expenditure there. That is why I posted that of the chief of staff.

You have seen it but you have not read it, cos if you have, you will respect the transperency and accountability of LASG
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:18am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

Point of correction, i didnt compare Lagos Budget wt Bauchi budget. I only used Bauchi as an example of Bad Budget wen u said there are none.

True, Lagos is borrowing massively, but for the umpteenth time, read this properly and you will see how LASG services its debts.http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35
LASG does not use loan to service debts. LASG IGR is enough to run the engine of the state and they can tie proceeds of the their projects to pay back loans see one explanation here https://www.nairaland.com/1164136/fashola-denies-obtaining-15m-export-import

Simple way to describe it is, one mans meat is another man's poison! LASG people want good roads, bauchi people want pilgrimage! You cant exactly classify that as good and bad. Its subjective! Do you see Bauchi citizens demonstrating on the streets that their money should be used to build good schools instead of being spent on pilgrimage or bride price for men who want to marry widows? You need to understand my point and lets move on so we dont derail the thread...
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by naptu2: 11:19am On Jan 16, 2013
Page 5! And still no evidence of state banquet or food budget!

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:22am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

You have seen it but you have not read it, cos if you have, you will respect the transperency and accountability of LASG

For the umpteenth time, if you go to Abia state, you will see a well outlined budget in their budget office. That does not mean they are doing nada! Rochas started performing from day one without a written document. You are talking sentiments. Lets stay on topic.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2: Page 5! And still no evidence of state banquet or food budget!

You dont have to have the heading food budget! Everyone doesnt have to use the same heading and outline for their financials. I have already posted the LASG chief of staff expenditure. That is some huge stuff!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Actually, from the documents I have seen so far, it will very difficult to audit the LASG! The items are not detailed. The auditor will have to make a lot of assumptions. "Personnel Expenses" is a very vague term! It can range from a cigarette to a tissue paper to cinema tickets! lol
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 11:32am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope: Actually, from the documents I have seen so far, it will very difficult to audit the LASG! The items are not detailed. The auditor will have to make a lot of assumptions. "Personnel Expenses" is a very vague term! It can range from a cigarette to a tissue paper to cinema tickets! lol

The Auditor will always ask for supporting documents. receipts, vouchers etc. That budget is auditable especially when implemented (whatever that means). Dont start again with that madness. stick with ur entertainment story.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope: Actually, from the documents I have seen so far, it will very difficult to audit the LASG! The items are not detailed. The auditor will have to make a lot of assumptions. "Personnel Expenses" is a very vague term! It can range from a cigarette to a tissue paper to cinema tickets! lol

@lastpope; @lastpope; @lastpope!!! How many times did i call you?? Conduct audit? with a quarterly review document? A document that only highlights? What do u want to see there, Hon Comm stating how much Baba Kamoru the head driver collects??

At ds juncture, I don waka!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:36am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

@lastpope; @lastpope; @lastpope!!! How many times did i call you?? Conduct audit? with a quarterly review document? A document that only highlights? What do u want to see there, Hon Comm stating how much Baba Kamoru the head driver collects??

At ds juncture, I don waka!

That is why it isnt a budget. A budget is done before you implement, not after. So in a budget, you cant just say "personnel expenses". It wont fly. It would have being nice if the actual budget is available!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva: It's funny how some people are implying that the LASG does not budget for food. Which money do they use in purchasing the food they eat at Alausa? All the dinners they host all year round, where does the money come from? Is it Fashola's private money that he uses to do all these things?

Then why don't you bring the precise figure here? I don't know why so many of us are hellbent on disgracing the expensive formal education our parents paid for. It is ridiculous for anyone to think the State bears no cost for feeding the office of the Governor. The substantive point is that the cost associated with feeding the office of the Governor, if insignificant, does not have to appear as an independent entry in a budget. That is the point OP and his acolytes here remains too thick to appreciate.

It is topics like this, and the response to it, that makes me appreciate what Nigeria is and why many Nigerians are not optimally developed to the extent this is reflected as tangible impacts on the nation's greatness ala innovative workforce capable of effective and critical thinking.

If there is no documented figure anywhere detailing budget allocation for the feeding of the Governor's office, why run around with gossip, fabrication and assumptions when a reasonable and balanced person will work with reality and the official figures available/unavailable to make decisions? The only conclusion critical thinkers , used to working with facts, can draw is that there is no substantial expenditure attached to feeding the office of the Governor of Lagos State. Anything else is market woman gossip.

No body is information minister to others here and we should all stop displaying intellectual laziness that shames our Nation. Folks should simply supply official figures here to back their insinuation that there may be a significant amount spent on feeding Fashola. If they can't do that, then I suggest they shut up
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

The Auditor will always ask for supporting documents. receipts, vouchers etc. That budget is auditable especially when implemented (whatever that means). Dont start again with that madness. stick with ur entertainment story.

Demdem, you are stealing my lines... grin grin grin

I have really impacted your life. Admit it! grin grin grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 11:40am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

That is why it isnt a budget. A budget is done before you implement, not after. So in a budget, you cant just say "personnel expenses". It wont fly. It would have being nice if the actual budget is available!

Your wish is my command: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=1 (Actual Budget) & http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=34
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Demdem, you are stealing my lines... grin grin grin

I have really impacted your life. Admit it! grin grin grin

lostpope, i have my reasons for that and gat nothing to do with u grin
besides the word audit means - official scrutiny of accounts.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by kutchs: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

@kutchs, you are the simpleton. pls educate yourself before u post online.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-sound-govt-sensible-budget/114107/
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/lagos-sound-government-sensible-budget
"Lagos state is one of the few in the country which has a well detailed and structured budget made available to the public on the state Government’s website which is fully functional. The budgets are properly explained and broken down by the MDAs with expenditures and revenues properly accounted for. Also, the state posts its budget performance reviews online which indicates transparency and accountability in governance. It is ironic that even with the enactment of freedom of information and fiscal responsibility acts, most State Governments still hide their budgets and breakdowns from the citizens of their states and the general public."
Guk or whatever the heck ur name is, you are simply a lost case. Ur paymasters will surely be disappointed by ur performance 2day, oh! wait a minute thats actually what they pay u to do.
When I saw the two links u provided I thought to myself here finally is the answer to the question the op asked but lo and behold on opening and going through them I discovered they are as empty as most of u fashola apologists.
Pls can u tell me how the contents of the two posts by thisday and saharareporters answer this burning question?n Where in these posts is it stated in blue and black how much Lagos State budgeted for feeding in 2013? Posting budget review online is not the issue here get it son.

I assume you have forgotten the question asked so I will do u a favour by reposting it: What was budgeted by Lagos for feeding in 2013?. That is the question so all ur ranting should be about answering it ok?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:44am On Jan 16, 2013
Gbawe:
If there is no documented figure anywhere detailing budget allocation for the feeding of the Governor's office, why run around with gossip, fabrication and assumptions when a reasonable and balanced person will work with reality and the official figures available/unavailable to make decisions? The only conclusion critical thinkers , used to working with facts, can draw is that there is no substantial expenditure attached to feeding the office of the Governor of Lagos State. Anything else is market woman gossip.

That there is no detailed budget doesnt mean that there is no expenditure. You are confusing yourself there. There is expenditure so there should be budget. Even the document on quarterly expenses on the LASG site omitted the expenses of the governor while all other personel expenses were included. That means there is no transparency. The reason you can question the FG is not because only the FG has such budget but because only the FG has put theirs in the public domain. The @op is asking for LASG details to be put in the public domain and he is very right!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished / Nigerians: We Don't Live In Paradise And We Know It / Buhari Departs On 3-day-visit To Kenya (full Details )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.