Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? (21369 Views)

How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before The Actual Marriage? / For All Those Wearing Engagement Ring Since January / New Trend Of Wearing Engagement Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Maximum of 6months,after that the ring should be tucked away until their is a concrete marriage plan.I only wore mine for a month.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by otikpoko(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
...and the next topic will be...why will someone date me for two years without engaging you.
The next one that will follow is "i will be happy if he engages me for five years provided he marry's me" tongue.
If you complain about wearing an engagement ring for two years, how about people who date for more than 5 years without marriage? or before becoming married to each other eventually.
If you look at it the reverse, it means that if a guy dates you or vice versa, it means you must get married within two years na undecided.
My opinion is that provided he is serious and you trust each other, then you are good to go.
Sometimes i keep wondering...how about if he engages you and to get married that same year but he lost his job, it means you will run away because he has no job and you cant wear the ring for too long quo?

4 Likes

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by IYANGBALI: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
At least 25 years,human beings cannot be trusted
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by aburoburo(f): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
baby_123: 2years ke. The marriage date should have at least been agreed upon at most 2months after proposal now. Who can wear engagement ring for 2years. Omo, that na "gba jen simi"[color=#990000][/color] levels o. The babe is not really engaged. They just put her on hold. undecided

Lol - I agree
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by vanstanzy(m): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
IYA NGBALI: At least 25 years

Seconded! grin grin grin
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
2 years old engagement ring op ?haha..d gal must be frustrated as to b waitin for dis 1man. or abi na love ? anyway no particular time can be marked out. anytime is ok. depending on their choice.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by ocelot2006(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Well, my wife wore hers for 5 years till we got married.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
*solid*:
I came across a guy advising a lady to remove and throw away an engagement ring she's been wearing for 2 years without walking down the isle.

Now, I've got few questions:

Whats the normal time range a lady is expected to wear an engagement ring, as in, a guy proposes and d lady accept and he presented a ring to signify seriousness.

Secondly how long is too long to wear an engagement ring?

One hour
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
byvan: Maximum of 6months,after that the ring should be tucked away until their is a concrete marriage plan.I only wore mine for a month.

Are you finally married now or u still dust the ring?

Thank God for your life.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
I won't be wearing mine till a month to the wedding. After the dates have been fixed
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Dygeasy(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
jennann: Is there any real purpose of an engagement ring when we all know it can still be taken off and be replaced by another from someone else?
so you can say yes to two different marriage proposals??
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by MrNazreal: 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
As long as 4ever. lolz!!!
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
*solid*:
I came across a guy advising a lady to remove and throw away an engagement ring she's been wearing for 2 years without walking down the isle.

Whats the normal time range a lady is expected to wear an engagement ring, as in, a guy proposes and d lady accept and he presented a ring to signify seriousness.

Secondly how long is too long to wear an engagement ring?

IMHO an engagement should not last more than one year
If after 6 months no concrete plans are being made towards a wedding,the woman should open her eyes and open herself up for other possibilities
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nuzo1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
The only ring I will offer my wife-to-be is a wedding.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
As for me, I really don't fancy ring thing and engagement ring thing.The reason is simple: engagement is no wedding plus a ring is actually not a sign of faithfulness or love.A ring is just a fashion statement. I can decide to leave at anytime I want to as engagement is no marriage, no matter how expensive the ring is.
But then 6months is the maximum to wear an engagement ring. Once its 6months and then no sign, talk or action of wedding which should be willingly from his mind, I will move on by 12am the next day.
No chance for nonsense!
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
As long as they're engaged, there's no time limit on these things. As long as you both know you're willing to do it whenever.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by kazadose(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote
author=*solid*]I came across a guy advising a lady to remove and throw
away an engagement ring she's been wearing for 2 years without walking
down the isle.

Whats the normal time range a lady is expected to wear an engagement
ring, as in, a guy proposes and d lady accept and he presented a ring to
signify seriousness.

Secondly how long is too long to wear an engagement ring? [/quote]
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by AceVentura: 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
An engagement ring pushes away prospective suitors so in my own opinion, 18months tops unless factors like wedding finances is @ play.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by FXKing2012(m): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
And why is it that only ladies wear engagement rings? Why cant men also wear engagement rings so that other ladies will know he's been taken?
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by eldoradoxx: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
chacha3: I won't advise anybody to wear an engagemt ring for over a year,what is the essence of wearing it for long as if its a wedding ring. If there are no immediate plans on ground for the wedding then I don't see the need of wearing it even.
Someone sarcastially " If engagement ring don dey your finger for over 2yr, that one don turn to keyholder ooo" hahahahahahahaha
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
cool
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
okpara ugo:

Are you finally married now or u still dust the ring?

Thank God for your life.

Cool question,the one month covered the paying of bride price,the trad wedding,the white wedding and finally the legal wedding.That was several years ago.when will you propose to a lady or do u lack the guts and the resourses??are u married

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by baby124: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
FXKing2012: And why is it that only ladies wear engagement rings? Why cant men also wear engagement rings so that other ladies will know he's been taken?

oooh hooo! you don get am. They want to trap the lady while they go around town looking like free men, till the wedding day. grin cheesy
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by masterpiecer(m): 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Until the marriage takes place. On the wedding day, they get wedding rings. That's what I would do anyway.

No amount of time is too long. Life happens. Finances, personal issues, etc., are all capable of offsetting a wedding. People should wed when they are ready and not due to pressures from family and friends.[/size]

Now dats coming from a smart head

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by otikpoko(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sometimes, some females dey suprise me shocked shocked. Una tink say to get good money easy angry angry angry?
Make una bring d moni make e use am marry una den later e pay u back tongue tongue tongue so dat u no go wear d ring too long ni grin grin
If you cant wait, then go marry another man! angry angry
All the same, the bible makes it clear that expectation delayed makes the heart sick. Therefore a man should not engage a girl he well knows that he is not going to marry soon. Woman get time and wen d time pass, too bad. Den d man go say u don too old den e go leave u marry anoda oshelenge angry angry.
Girls use your head as well and know your man as well angry
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by huninaija(f): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Some men just hand out engagement rings to keep the woman tied down, thinking he's taking her down the aisle when he has other plans in mind, including other chicks...

If a man proposes to me and there are no wedding plans within 3 months of being engaged he can like to eat the the engagement ring... No time undecided
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Yvete(f): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2013
one year max!
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by efe2luv: 4:26am On Jan 16, 2013
I proposed to my wife 2yrs before we got married....Then i had just concluded my NYSC,there was no job but i loved her and hoped for the best....that was a simple way to prove to her that i wanted to settle down with her...lo and behold just 8months after i got a job and after a year we got married.....and now i am doing very well working for an oil firem and she is enjoying the rewards of her wait.....So it really doesnt matter how long its just sinscerity of heart and ladies sure know when a guy has prospects and is sinscere...Lessons for ladies.....

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by efe2luv: 4:27am On Jan 16, 2013
By the way i forgot to mention...it was a 200 naira aboki ring...and she wore it with all her heart and even kept the faded ring till date until i was able to buy her a gold ring....
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Konnektions146(m): 4:29am On Jan 16, 2013
nkemmu: To me only village gurls wear dat ring.wats d essence?you can be engage in your mind jare.wats this wearing for?
gbam! i just dnt send dis engagement ring stuff.
its never an assurance dat weddin MUST hold.
action dey say speak louder ...
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by FXKing2012(m): 6:28am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

oooh hooo! you don get am. They want to trap the lady while they go around town looking like free men, till the wedding day. grin cheesy
abi oooo
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by donvinchi: 6:30am On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=efe2luv]I proposed to my wife 2yrs before we got married....Then i had just concluded my NYSC,there was no job but i loved her and hoped for the best....that was a simple way to prove to her that i wanted to settle down with her...lo and behold just 8months after i got a job and after a year we got married.....and now i am doing very well working for an oil firem and she is enjoying the rewards of her wait.....So it really doesnt matter how long its just sinscerity of heart andladies sure know when a guy has prospects and is sinscere...Lessons for ladies.....[/quote

Thanks bro, no mind our ladies of this days. They don't understand d meaning of true love and when they see a prosperous marriage they think is a thing of 6mth ,1yr.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married? / You Belong To The World’s Rarest Personality-type If You Have These Abilities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.