Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? (21368 Views)

How Long Should A Lady Wear Engagement Ring Before The Actual Marriage? / For All Those Wearing Engagement Ring Since January / New Trend Of Wearing Engagement Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by gumzee(f): 7:00am On Jan 16, 2013
I can't wear an engagement ring 4 more dan six months
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by sugar001(f): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2013
I wore mine for a year.... And i wore it only when i want to form...
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by badooo(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2013
nkemmu: To me only village gurls wear dat ring.wats d essence?you can be engage in your mind jare.wats this wearing for?
Verily i say unto you, u are a vilage girl... U no knw as e dey go
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by badooo(m): 8:11am On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Temi231(f): 8:15am On Jan 16, 2013
haahahahahahaha.....Yeye.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by badooo(m): 8:15am On Jan 16, 2013
DANILSA: WHY DE HELL SHOULD A MAN BE COMMITTING FORNICATION FOR 4 YEARS? undecided THE MAX SHOULD BE 1YEAR BUT PREFERABLY 3-6 MONTHS, I NEVER ALLOWED MY SISTERS WEAR ENGAGEMENT RING, SO WHAT THEY DO IS WEAR IT IF THE GUY IS COMING AND LATER PUT IT IN THE WALLET. tongue tongue cheesy

Vry bad role model... U teach ur sisters to trick their life partner to be. Vry shameful act

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by badooo(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2013
Sweetlemon: I won't be wearing mine till a month to the wedding. After the dates have been fixed
It depends on your guy sha... Bt dat decision may make d guy neva tok 2 u abt marriage
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Melahou(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2013
how long is not the issue
its what comes out of it that matters.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by vivianc(f): 8:54am On Jan 16, 2013
I think most peeps don't understand dating and engagement. There is a misconception here, u can date a guy for 100 years if u wish, and all this while he might show u signs or even tell u he will marry u. But when engaging a girl with a ring comes to play, it should happen when the couple are sure that they are getting married few months away.

Wearing an engagement ring for more than a year is a serious joke. The whole thing loses its value and flavour and becomes a caricature; something to make fun of.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Akeud(m): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2013
mawojuuche:
engagemt ring is 4 fashion... A much more serious guy financially can stil win a gal already engaged
True talk guy, no lady wil reject a fortune!
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by klear(f): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2013
I think it is sheer wickedness to make a lady wear an engagement ring for more than a year (unless s.thing drastic happened to stall the wedding e.g death of a family member) If you are not ready to bear the financial burden of a wedding (a common excuse although in my opinion it is us that put such burdens on ourselves)why give her an engagement ring? as if giving a ring will make the millions to fall from the sky. Giving a ring means you are ready to tie the knot having considered everything involved. As for the men who will claim they were pressurized into giving her a ring before you are ready to walk her down the aisle...You are not man enough to get married (today she pushed you to marry her,tomorrow she will also push you to steal millions )

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by JamesLucia: 9:41am On Jan 16, 2013
i hate engagement ring cos guys use it as an avenue to hv sex wt a girl as many times n dump her. me i can't wear engagement ring.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 16, 2013
grin
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by debonair99: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Funny question. Different strokes for different folks. You guyz are talking of how long to wear an enagagement ring, what about "wearing a wedding ring: how long? Bcus what I see around this days especially from the so called "newly wedded couples" is so alarming.I personally attended a friend's wedding sometimes april last year and behold under one week dis guy don commot him wedding ring.I was so surprised and his wife was even complaining bitterly over this act and she also had stopped wearing hers too, till date but couples don't wear ring anymore! And they are not up to a year but they are happily married anyway lol!
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by chikeorji123(m): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
As for me once l propose within 2-5 month the wedding date have already been fix! with 1month pregnant as bonus for me...*licking lips*..

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
chikeorji123: As for me once l propose within 2-5 month the wedding date have already been fix! with 1month pregnant as bonus for me...

Typical Ndigbo!
undecided
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by NoQualms1(f): 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012: And why is it that only ladies wear engagement rings? Why cant men also wear engagement rings so that other ladies will know he's been taken?
Abi o.

Well, as for me, I don't believe in using an engagement ring without the wedding ring. So, I'll wait till my engagement ceremony (usually a day before wedding in my culture) takes place before using it.
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Evans4O: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
The parties involve should decide how long they want to finalize their mariage plans. Which means, that will determine how long the engagement period will last
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by aogohi: 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
Suzy talk say if the guy no ready for pocket what then is the essence of proposing?Na goat e tether for tree?even if na goat,pessin dey side dey wait to untie am?
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by saintugo(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
The Duration Of Putting On An Engagement Ring,To Me Is Strictly Individualistic,It Depends On Both Parties And How They Feel About It,Even My Gfriend Of Over 2yrs Wants Me To Get Her An Engagement Ring,But I Told Her Its Best We Did Things Stage By Stage,Cos Am The Kinda Guy That Does Things Differently.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by daguru(m): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
na wa o,some people said they would have fixed a date for the wedding before they wear engagement ring,engagement ring is given on the day u ask her if she wil marry you,so how can u fix a date before u ask her?how abot if she says no and u have fixed the wedding date?

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by debbydominic(f): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
efe2luv: I proposed to my wife 2yrs before we got married....Then i had just concluded my NYSC,there was no job but i loved her and hoped for the best....that was a simple way to prove to her that i wanted to settle down with her...lo and behold just 8months after i got a job and after a year we got married.....and now i am doing very well working for an oil firem and she is enjoying the rewards of her wait.....So it really doesnt matter how long its just sinscerity of heart and ladies sure know when a guy has prospects and is sinscere...Lessons for ladies.....

I totally agree!

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Danyl(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2013
chacha3: u are so on point
Obinrinnnnn, so many women are in the relationship for the money....
Re: Wearing Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 08, 2013
I don't think engagement ring is needed and the time it's worn if you get one depends on each couples own situation. I think it is the meaning that you no longer are dating, that you have chosen eachother and is an outwardly symbol of the commitment. It can also serve as a tangible reminder of the love you know your hearts share and also as a statement that you are off the market to outsiders to reduce unwanted advances. Ultimately to each his own as long as the couple is happy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Belong To The World’s Rarest Personality-type If You Have These Abilities. / Should I Confront The Girl That purposely Accused Me of getting her pregnant? / Unmarried Ladies Out There: Do You Want To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.