Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position (24558 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2013
Make una sofri sofri dey praise this man,lots of people praised and said the same thing about Obasanjo in 1999 when he said he had become born again,we all said the same thing about GEJ,calling him humble,God sent and all that.

He hasnt been confirmed minister yet.He hasnt even had his first bait yet,we dont even know if his self discipline,integrity could withstand the temptations of Abuja when they start coming.

If he has got the magic wand,i think he should be sent to Ajaokuta steel.

Its too early to start getting excited.

Politics in nigeria can change saints to demons..

Lets praise him after he has done the job and vacated office with his head and integrity held high.

Remember one brilliant prof...Maurice Iwu,very smart and clever but rubbished by nigerian politics,remember Bath Nnaji,also very brilliant and highly professional individual but left office with scandal.

I wish this man Nebo well and pray he leaves whatever ministry he heads better than he found it.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by vanstanzy(m): 10:16am On Jan 17, 2013
okpara ugo:

We groomed him in ESUT before loaning him to UNN in a transfer window.

"All the same, he was one of a kind, a charismatic leader, and i know he still is. I just hope govt. corruption doesn't spoil his good name."
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by AK481(m): 10:22am On Jan 17, 2013
BayoAA:

Common AK 48!! You are getting this thing wrong. How can you compare a Medical doctor with a nurse? It is just like Comaparing an Engineer with a Technician!!! In the medical world we have Gyaenecologists, Pedeatrics, etc and in the engineering world we have your powerful Electrical engineers, Mech, civil, Electronics, Medical etc. Anyway I rest my case. No need to flog this too long. Take it or leave it.

I leave it
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by NONSLEEKLTD: 10:32am On Jan 17, 2013
AK 48:

This is still a shame,although a lesser shame.
Ven.Engr.prof.chinedu ositadinma nebo(to show una say I know am wella) is a professor of material and metallurgical,no doubt.he is good,no doubt.

But......this is a power industry that should be headed exclusively by an electrical engr with years of experience in a working power industry(say us,sa,uk.....)

On a second look at it,it gladdens my heart as an engr that a fellow "theoritical"engr is appointed in an engineering industry,which is better than names like..arc nuhu wayas,bar,mr....
Good management skills is what yields good results in such robust ministries........having direct expertise in the specific area is just a plus.I for one is a mechanical engineer,but somehow am fairly grounded in civil eng and electrical engr.....But that aside,what ministries need are good managers that will treat their portfolios like businesses and them as the CEO or GM
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2013
centje: the man who started post utme and so many other innovations,the man who brought sanity to unn,stopped hand outs,unnecessary levies,sorting etc...
Simply put...He is a good man

D guy was famously called "MR LET MY PEOPLE GO" way back in ESUT before he left to become the VC of UNN. Even if u've got concrete in ur skull, he won't fail u in his course! U'll get at least an "E". D guy sold handouts when he was my lecturer in ESUT (MME dept) before he left to become VC in UNN. It's d same guy that said the Anglican Bishop of Enugu diocese (Rt Rev Chukwuma) committed adultery wit a church member, but later retracted his statement (he talks too much without thinking). He got suspended as a clergy in 1999 and was only re-admitted after a high power delegate (including the Chief judge of Enugu and some other influential people) came to plead on his behalf! My conclusion is that, the guy (if he hasn't changed his over talk talk attitude) will do similar stunts as a minister and will immediately get the stick
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Anytime an IGBO Man or Woman is given delicate appointment, the whole country is happy cos we give the country our best unlike others sides( SW and North) tongue
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2013
wise_many2k:

D guy was famously called "MR LET MY PEOPLE GO" way back in ESUT before he left to become the VC of UNN. Even if u've got concrete in ur skull, he won't fail u in his course! U'll get at least an "E". D guy sold handouts when he was my lecturer in ESUT (MME dept) before he left to become VC in UNN. It's d same guy that said the Anglican Bishop of Enugu diocese (Rt Rev Chukwuma) committed adultery wit a church member, but later retracted his statement (he talks too much without thinking). He got suspended as a clergy in 1999 and was only re-admitted after a high power delegate (including the Chief judge of Enugu and some other influential people) came to plead on his behalf! My conclusion is that, the guy (if he hasn't changed his over talk talk attitude) will do similar stunts as a minister and will immediately get the stick

Just shut your dirty mouth, Your points are useless and sound stu.pid
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Just shut your dirty mouth, Your points are useless and sound stu.pid

Huh!!! Who released this animal from the Zoo undecided
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 17, 2013
As this Prof has had accolades trailing him all the way from ESUT to UNN to the Federal University in Ekiti, I offer my congratulations in advance, in the hope his appointment would accelerate reform within the power sector.

Forgive me for looking beyond his much touted piety as a Christian minister, as this counts for little in a land where Reverend Jolly Nyame was once regarded as "a first among equals" grin
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by lekantruth: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2013
I think this should be one of the good decisions made by the present administration. I met Prof just last month in his office as the VC of FUOYE in Ekiti state when I was resuming for duty as one of the lecturer of the said university. My 20 min or so discussion I had with him gave me an impression that he is a disciplinarian and an erudite scholar that loves innovative and new ideas on how things should go and not just the old brigade way of doing things. His nomination is a big loss to FUOYE. Congrats Prof
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by jay2k(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
Does he know anything about the ministry he is about to head?
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness
dats d truth bro...no dout d fact dat he was jesus in d university community (unn),,dat's not a guarrantee to sending a medical Dr to d ministry of justice as an atoney general. So if i may ask is prof nebo a professor of what dicipline..nd dose he fit in to d soposed potfolio
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Kcinho(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
I tink my former vc was a lecturer in the metallurgical engineering dept. So i feel he should have basic knwledge of wat he's going to face at least.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by 1ndidi2(f): 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
centje: the man who started post utme and so many other innovations,the man who brought sanity to unn,stopped hand outs,unnecessary levies,sorting etc...
Simply put...He is a good man

Indeed he is "A GooD man" his days back@ UNN was my best days back @ d uni. He is a down-to-earth-no-nonsense man!!!
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by zizie: 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
You have said it all.

mekula:

He is an Engineer by training, and a rev. who doesnt take shaiyt. A reformer, hard headed but very diplomatic. Ask anybody that knew him in his days as VC in ESUT, UNN and presently Ekiti. He assumed the mantle in UNN when the 'cabal' headed by former FCT minister late Prof. Ikejiani Clark was so strong and had run the school down to decimals. Cultism was at its peak and examinations could not even hold. The man is gangstar sha! He just came and imported the methodolgy he used in ESUT. 'Continue writting your exams even if your neighbour is shot in the hall'. Believe me, that quelled things plenty as all the bad boys simply activated travel mode and didnt bother with exams and for once in a long time, the school wasnt closed down. He ran an open office where students could go report a lecturer to him directly for any malfeasance and all the students had his mobile number. Believe me, lecturers started behaving themselves fast! Come and see the speed with which he started reforming the school. I pray he brings the same ingenuity to the power sector.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by OperaMini1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
I wish him well, only that i foresee the end of his career, courtesy of these (c)evil servants.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
Gabbysky:
In ur assertio,n a Technician must be a nobody ehh? Or must be that one on the roadside, believe me, without good Technicians to execute, every good effort by the Engineers will be rubbished.
Though I'm an Engineer, I still respect every Technician I come across for some hidden skils and knowledge they have that I don't.
@OP, me thinks its a wise choice for Prof Nebo, my hope is if he'll be allowed to deliver.
God Bless Nigeria!

Engineer Gabbysky, Why not look before you leap (with all due respect). The basis of this comment is that someone said why is the Ministry of health always been headed by a Medical doctor and not a Nurse because I said Prof. Nebo, a Met & Mat Engineer, fits a power ministry.
Is a Medical Doctor/Nurse and Engineer/Technician not a good correlation? Correct me if I am wrong. I am practicing Engineer myself and my success strongly depend on the ability of my techy....so I give it to any techy who knows his/her job.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Elgaxton(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2013
Kcinho: I tink my former vc was a lecturer in the metallurgical engineering dept. So i feel he should have basic knwledge of wat he's going to face at least.
Yeah he taught me KINETIC METALLURGY in my final year.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by sulymon(m): 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Prof. Chinedu O. Nebo will definitely transfrom the power sector. A renawn professor of Met & Mat aπϑ our former viable vice-chancellor at the federal uni oye ekiti. He'll always be remembered wi†̥h legacy aπϑ his wide range of experiencel. A notable Vice chancellor whom out of his busy schedules also ready †̥ partake in lecturing activities... We will miss him @fuoye!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander And His Fellow Apc Comrades Already Celebrating Obaseki Victory / Minister Of Defence Dan Ali In Russia / Shiite Muslim Women Protest: "Bastard Buhari, Release Our Leader/Teacher" (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.