Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,682 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

What Is Imo State Best Known For? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Imo State Best Known For? (45196 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / 5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Is Imo State Not Supposed To Be Rescued by The New Government? What's this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Gigafx1: 9:56am On Jan 19, 2013
;DImo state is best known for HIGH COST OF BRIDE PRICE.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by princemolak(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2013
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo is a fun city, Owerri the capital"Otown" is known as the "Everyday is a Holiday place". You have exclusive hotels, night clubs, exortic bars n resturants and most of all imo state is blessed with pretty ladies well endowed n behaved. Its a place where ppl troop in over the weekend to have fun, security is guranteed becos of the structural planning of the state.

Imo state has 5 higher institutions so it tell u how academically oriented they are.

Imo State has the best organised state secretariate in Nigeria and once held the award of the best in West Africa. Imo State has oil but Gas in a highly commercial quantity infact Gas was first discovered in owerri by shell(don't remember d date). Many more facts about imo State but just know that it is peaceful, accomodating, organised and God fearing.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Tinablack: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo State is known 4 Education jst like d Ekiti pple in d west. In addition d list. Proffesor Osita duruiheakor Innocent nworkah, prof, Ekechi nworkah...

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by BuBBle1(f): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2013
My Imo is known for our high affinity to Education,Blessed and hardworking people,Well known Celebrities/Stars and Mind Blowing/Memorable delicacies.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by seunajia: 10:00am On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44:

Then you are not well informed my friend. I agree there is an abnormal level of prostitution in the state but please don't even doubt the level of education we are talking about. Seek ye knowledge for it is golden

Hehehe. From my post you should know I know Imo well, too much sef. Academics? Nah say sth else.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by MadCow1: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo State is best known for:

1. 419 - Imo State is the fraud capital of the East.

2. Hotels & loose women - The name Ada Owerri is no joke. The loose women are not necessarily Imo State indigenes o! And every street in Imo State has at least 3 (no star) hotels.

3. Relaxing and Chilling - Since government is the highest employer of labour, there is really no serious work going on in Imo State so they lose early from work and party like there ain't no tomorrow.. The only other state that parties harder than Imo State is CrossRiver State.

4. Kidnapping... Imo State is presently the Kidnapping capital of Nigeria.

5. Education - which is nothing to write home about. The only decent higher institution in Imo State is federally owned.

6. Nollywood - IMO state folks litter nollywood, since there is no other economic source of income in the state, I guess acting is the next best thing..

To be continued......

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by senateservices(m): 10:01am On Jan 19, 2013
valicious1:
Naeto c is from emekuku owerri imo state. His mother was the former minister for aviation, obasanjo's fuucktoy & now ambassador to ireland Dr kema chikwe .

are really in your sence, y insulting someone like that! ode.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2013
High cost of bride price,imagine charging a suitor #2m to marry. No wonder in a wedding pix,the man is always frowning,while the woman smiles.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by sushieater: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Ofe Owerri
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by itsik(m): 10:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo is know for the high number of hotels. On average I think it should be 4 hotels per street. And also 5 tertiary institutions in just owerri town.
And the best part, since they have a lot of hotels and many tertiary institutions, the number of gurls and ladies in the town is much. I think owerri has the highest or should be the second highest in the number of love peddlerd in a city. That in owerri I can sleep with a fine young student love peddler for as low as N1k or even N1.5k. And they are happy and grateful. Some are cheaper than that. Some u won't pay, cos the just want u to come with ur flashy car and pick them from their hostel, to show their friends the type of men that wants them and the car that came to take them off or drop them. That's the in thing in owerri.
And they are also know for flexing, enjoyment or partying. That's the typical owerri person.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by safarigirl(f): 10:02am On Jan 19, 2013
ebamma 3: 70 percent of prostitutes in nigeria are from imo state
...but Benue state has the highest prevalence of HIV...it's not by force to post bros, there is no need to insult people's wives and sisters..you could even end up marrying one of the 'pr0st1tutes'

2 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by illuminutty: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2013
uihebom: when will you grow up? Why you no wan get sense why why why !!!!

when Imo stops being the state with the most expensive bride price.
when all the over-aged nubile women in Lagos stop being Imo women.
when most of the sex workers in Lagos stop being Imo women.
when most of the 419ners in Nigeria stop being Imo indigenes.
when most of the Igbo people in Lagos who have NOT seen their village in the last 30yrs stop being Imo indigenes.
MORE LOADING...IF YOU LIKE WAIT!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by valicious1(m): 10:09am On Jan 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
I never said anything about Naeto C. I was referring to Bracket. I know Naeto C's mother is Kema Chikwe.
Ok I thought you meant the two guys in your own bracket.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Vykiano(m): 10:09am On Jan 19, 2013
Kidnapping....(4 now o.)...

Imo is still kwn for free education.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by safarigirl(f): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2013
its ik: Imo is know for the high number of hotels. On average I think it should be 4 hotels per street. And also 5 tertiary institutions in just owerri town.
And the best part, since they have a lot of hotels and many tertiary institutions, the number of gurls and ladies in the town is much. I think owerri has the highest or should be the second highest in the number of love peddlerd in a city. That in owerri I can sleep with a fine young student love peddler for as low as N1k or even N1.5k. And they are happy and grateful. Some are cheaper than that. Some u won't pay, cos the just want u to come with ur flashy car and pick them from their hostel, to show their friends the type of men that wants them and the car that came to take them off or drop them. That's the in thing in owerri.
And they are also know for flexing, enjoyment or partying. That's the typical owerri person.
My brother, there are prosti's everywhere. Why does everyone use UNILAG babes to generalize prostis if Owerri is their headquarters?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by igbsam(m): 10:14am On Jan 19, 2013
They are known for collecting the highest amount for bride price. Those people can push u to rob or even go for money ritual if u want to marry their daughter.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by dejijohns(m): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2013
ebamma 3: 70 percent of prostitutes in nigeria are from imo state
where U wan kum put Edo st.??

5 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by valicious1(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2013
senate services:

are really in your sence, y insulting someone like that! ode.
Wisenup boy! Who doesn't know? Are you a learner.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by ideology(m): 10:17am On Jan 19, 2013
the number of hotels is the state is too much, and they are still building more .
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by vislabraye(m): 10:19am On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: It also includes: Flora Nwapa, first female novelist in Nigeria. Pita Nwana, first Igbo novelist. F.C Ogbalu.
Mobi Oparaku, Uche Okafor, Pius Anyiam, Kevin Onwana, Aloy Agu, Angus Ikeji, Emma Osigwe, Bengy Nzeakor, Austin Eke, Pat Ekeji, Sam Okparaji, Celestine Bayero, Dick Tiger, John Chiedozie, Henry Nwosu, Tony Ukaechu, Ben Akwuegbu etc, Alloy Agu, Emmanuel Amuneke, Uche Nwoha.
Politics. King Jaja, K.O Mbadiwe, Sylvester Ugoh, Sam Mbakwe, RBK Okafor, Collins Obi, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Francis Nzeribe, Evan Enwerem, Rochas Okorocha etc.
Entertainment. Sir Warrior, Kabaka, Dan Satch, Sunni Bobo, Saro Wiwa, Genevive Nnaji, Onyeka Onwenu, Saint Obi, Jim Ikyke, Francis Duru, Kanayo. Kanayo, Rita Dominic, Emeka Rollers, Kenneth Nnebue, Emmalex, Bruno, Aki, Mazi Elekwachi Ukonu, Clad Eke (Jegede Sokoya), Lomaji Ugoji (Icheoku), Charlie Boy.
etc.
Law. Mike Ahamba, Chudifu Oputa, Ben Nwabueze, Chief Ogwuegbu etc.
History: Adiele Afigbo, Isaaac Uzoigwe.
Psychology. Dennis Ugwuegbu.
More to come soon

Add Arthur Nzeribe to the list.
Plus their ladies are some of the finest in Nigeria.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 10:21am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo is simply the heart of Igboland. It is the only State made up of 100% Igbo natives. Imo people like clean environment, clean cars and dressing well. A university degree is considered a prerequisite to starting life whether you want to be a trader or artisan. Then finally Imo consists of several Igbo groups and not just Owerri/Oratta. We have the Oguta which is same group with Ukwuani in Delta, Egbema which is same with Egbema in Rivers, Ohuhu/Ezilihite(Mbaise) which is same with some Abia groups, Ngor which is same with Etche in Rivers, Ohaji which is same with some Ikwerre groups in Rivers, Isu which is the largest group, Oru, Orsu which is same with some Anambra, Agbaja and more.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abrahman: 10:21am On Jan 19, 2013
The present administration is known for PARTY PARTY PARTY.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Saheed9: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2013
Kidnapping
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013
Abagworo: Imo is simply the heart of Igboland. It is the only State made up of 100% Igbo natives. Imo people like clean environment, clean cars and dressing well. A university degree is considered a prerequisite to starting life whether you want to be a trader or artisan. Then finally Imo consists of several Igbo groups and not just Owerri/Oratta. We have the Oguta which is same group with Ukwuani in Delta, Egbema which is same with Egbema in Rivers, Ohuhu/Ezilihite(Mbaise) which is same with some Abia groups, Ngor which is same with Etche in Rivers, Ohaji which is same with some Ikwerre groups in Rivers, Isu which is the largest group, Oru, Orsu which is same with some Anambra, Agbaja and more.
The bolded is not true. Apart from Anambra, i don't know any SE states that are not made up of 100% Igbo natives. At least i'm sure of Enugu.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo state is known to Have Very Very Hot Gals with an unquenchable hunger for 'johnny'
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by vislabraye(m): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2013
its ik: Imo is know for the high number of hotels. On average I think it should be 4 hotels per street. And also 5 tertiary institutions in just owerri town.

O boy nah there you come from? For as low as 1k. shocked. O boy if them post man there he no go wan come back cheesy
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo state is known 4 prostitution,kidnapping nd robbery. Dont pruf me wrong o
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Yujin(m): 10:27am On Jan 19, 2013
Tusky44: Imo state is known for education. It stands behind Anambra in producing world renowned brains but far behind when it comes to business and entrepreneurship. Anambra is the father and mother of all Igbo land.
The topic is about Imo and not Anambra. There is no need for the comparison.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by ITbomb(m): 10:35am On Jan 19, 2013
All Seasons Hotel and Ladies Free Nite
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Bigflamie(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2013
Imo is the place for ngwori, some peeps here knows exactly what i'm talking about. ;DImo is the place for ngwori, some peeps here knows exactly what i'm talking about.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by franchizy(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2013
Andre Uweh: It also includes: Flora Nwapa, first female novelist in Nigeria. Pita Nwana, first Igbo novelist. F.C Ogbalu.
Mobi Oparaku, Uche Okafor, Pius Anyiam, Kevin Onwana, Aloy Agu, Angus Ikeji, Emma Osigwe, Bengy Nzeakor, Austin Eke, Pat Ekeji, Sam Okparaji, Celestine Bayero, Dick Tiger, John Chiedozie, Henry Nwosu, Tony Ukaechu, Ben Akwuegbu etc, Alloy Agu, Emmanuel Amuneke, Uche Nwoha.
Politics. King Jaja, K.O Mbadiwe, Sylvester Ugoh, Sam Mbakwe, RBK Okafor, Collins Obi, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Francis Nzeribe, Evan Enwerem, Rochas Okorocha etc.
Entertainment. Sir Warrior, Kabaka, Dan Satch, Sunni Bobo, Saro Wiwa, Genevive Nnaji, Onyeka Onwenu, Saint Obi, Jim Ikyke, Francis Duru, Kanayo. Kanayo, Rita Dominic, Emeka Rollers, Kenneth Nnebue, Emmalex, Bruno, Aki, Mazi Elekwachi Ukonu, Clad Eke (Jegede Sokoya), Lomaji Ugoji (Icheoku), Charlie Boy.
etc.
Law. Mike Ahamba, Chudifu Oputa, Ben Nwabueze, Chief Ogwuegbu etc.
History: Adiele Afigbo, Isaaac Uzoigwe.
Psychology. Dennis Ugwuegbu.
More to come soon

We also ve Otokuto, Ikedi Ohakim, Achike Udenwa.
Imo state is known for kidnaping, Robbery, cultism, Mbomchi girls, Fone snatching, Greed Etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Omisore Eating Guguru (Popcorn) In Market Square / Atiku Presidential Declaration. Pictures / Photos Of A Local Police Station In Kaduna That Have Gone Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.