Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

What Is Imo State Best Known For? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Imo State Best Known For? (45250 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / 5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Is Imo State Not Supposed To Be Rescued by The New Government? What's this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
Czar-Chris:
Kaa mu kwu o ka o ramu na onu.
Umuigbo ndi nno na ebe a, ezigbo ihere mee gbu kwa unu nile. Owu di gini di? Kee nke ndi Anambra na ndi Imo putara nga na eteh onwe ha unyi na ihu.
Onyere obodo akwuna na anoha? Kedu ihe unu putara nga na ezuzu? Ihere eme gbulam. Ele ebe ndi obodo ozo dika ndi ofe mmanu na ndi ka na etukwu anyu mamiri na apo onwe ha iyi otuah.
Chai, ihe a o wu aka anyi gi achi onwe anyi ehh?
Biko nnu kwusi nu ihe nka unu na eme ebe a. Igbo wu otu. O wu nu ka oram na onu. Onye nwere nti ya nuru ihem kwuru.
why would that untrained boy chino come out to insult imo state saying it sux to come from imo and how imo girls are prostitutes.what trash!if he does not personally apologize on this thread to imo women,am going taking it out on him and his kind not just on this thread but on any thread I find them breathing igbo unity!talk of ibo unity in one breath and insult my sisters in another,yet u r concerned about their bride price...ekwe kwana ka ala kii nu aja ocha n'anya!which I don't wish u.o na asurum oyibo "it sux to be from your state"mtcheeew!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Czar-Chris:
Kaa mu kwu o ka o ramu na onu.
Umuigbo ndi nno na ebe a, ezigbo ihere mee gbu kwa unu nile. Owu di gini di? Kee nke ndi Anambra na ndi Imo putara nga na eteh onwe ha unyi na ihu.
Onyere obodo akwuna na anoha? Kedu ihe unu putara nga na ezuzu? Ihere eme gbulam. Ele ebe ndi obodo ozo dika ndi ofe mmanu na ndi ka na etukwu anyu mamiri na apo onwe ha iyi otuah.
Chai, ihe a o wu aka anyi gi achi onwe anyi ehh?
Biko nnu kwusi nu ihe nka unu na eme ebe a. Igbo wu otu. O wu nu ka oram na onu. Onye nwere nti ya nuru ihem kwuru.
why would that viRRAGE boy chino come out to insult imo state saying it sux to come from imo and how imo girls are prostitutes.what trash!if he does not personally apologize on this thread to imo women,am going taking it out on him and his kind not just on this thread but on any thread I find them breathing igbo unity!talk of ibo unity in one breath and insult my sisters in another,yet u r concerned about their bride price...ekwe kwana ka ala kii nu aja ocha n'anya!which I don't wish u.o na asurum oyibo "it sux to be from your state"mtcheeew!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
You guys should stop all this rubbish.

Some people need to be humbled. Abia is the most viable Igbo State but they are not making noise and denigrating other Igbos while Anambrians whose home is the least viable, forcing them on exile to Abia, Lagos, Kano and all across Nigeria. Awka is a village till next 50 years. The finest Igbo rural area is also Abiriba in Abia State. The most influential Igbo clan is Arochuku in Abia State. The largest Igbo clan is Ngwa in Abia State.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Some people need to be humbled. Abia is the most viable Igbo State but they are not making noise and denigrating other Igbos while Anambrians whose home is the least viable, forcing them on exile to Abia, Lagos, Kano and all across Nigeria. Awka is a village till next 50 years. The finest Igbo rural area is also Abiriba in Abia State. The most influential Igbo clan is Arochuku in Abia State. The largest Igbo clan is Ngwa in Abia State.

Most viable state based on what ? We have more Imolites in Anambra than we have Anambrarians in Imo. Anambrarians travel out to expand their businesses and not because Anambra is not liveable. Awka is still a new capital and it will take time for it to develop. I have never been to Abriba but I will invite you to pay a visit to my Villa in Umuoji,Uru Ndi Agu and see for yourself,you eediot. I don't even wanna mention other towns in Anambra that will take your breath away! I wanna know what makes Aochukwu the most influential town in Abia talk more of Igboland?? How Arochukwu natives has governed Abia?? You are a complete monkey!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by oboy3(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hmmm,so abagworo=shady26
nna o di kwa egwu o
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by PointB: 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
You guys should just quit it. I see no headway!
Maybe the MOD should just move the thread to Ethnic/Tribal Politics section.

That's what it has degenerated into anyway!

MOD pls over to you.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
Abagworo: @biafra rep,It is useless to think of a Biafra or whatever. Anambra has been in the news lately for kidnapping, killing of 4 kids and 50 dead bodies, can anyone point out where an Igbo from another State condemned Anambra for all that? The answer is "NO". Imagine if such things happened in Imo. I know fully well that we are not related in any way because our values and ideologies defer greatly and it is useless to try and claim one people when we are not. As I always maintained, if Ojukwu was from Imo State, most Anambra natives would have never involved themselves in Biafra.

So,tell me where those dead bodies came from and who killed them?? And I guess there hasn't been murders in Imo,lately. You will always have problem with the Omanbalas because of your weaknesses,it didn't start today. Remember?
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
A big shame to all of you, if this is how unity and tolerance is, tufia, I don't wanna be a part of it --- The gods of our land forbid this mockery of yourselves. Imagine how all of you guys are denigrating yourselves even before the eyes of your "supposed" enemies, ifele o na emekwa unu?

As an Anambra young man, from Nnewi, this is the most childish bickering I've ever seen even amongst ourselves. What does it matter if Enugu is the pride of the east, or Imo is the center of education or Anambra is the seat of economic productivity or Abia is the manufacturing powerhouse? Like serious, WHAT THE F.V.C.K DOES IT MATTER? angry angry angry angry

No one state can achieve all of the above, lots of people need thorough exposure, from the shores of NY to the hills of Los Angeles, different cities contribute to what makes the "UNITED STATES" of America. NY is the pride of U.S. when it comes to "MONEY MATTERS". Florida takes the excellence of superb Tourism, Texas and CA gives the pride of Oil and agriculture respectively, YET CA maintains the KING of the Technology center, VA is the seat of Defense, and the list is just countless.

I ask again, WTF does it matter if one state is better than the others when it comes to a field? Imo takes the lead in education because that's what they're good at, meanwhile Enugu is the excellence of tourism and peace, because that's what they excel in, Abia may look awful to most, but believe it, if they get it together, they can convert Aba made to higher quality "Made in U.S.", Anambra does come to mind to be a center of economic activity because of large market operation.

Rather than stay here and continue bickering whose di.c.k is bigger how about yall come together and achieve something together? Like someone said, Anambra doesn't need defending at all because if Anambra had it together, it will not be in the same place it is. So same thing could be said of Abia (and Aba and it's industries). Rochas in Imo has taken the good deeds of promoting education, while Chime has does well in promoting infrastructural standards. ALL SEastern states have great potentials in thier different fields, so everyone needs to shut it and get it over with.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Threads like this provide a different perspective on some things.

One of my new years resolution was never to engage myself in racial, tribal or any sectional debate.

People will always find a reason to be "prejudiced" against a group anyway:

Other races may be prejudiced against you because you are Black.

Other Blacks may be prejudiced against you because you are African.

Other Africans may be prejudiced against you because you are Nigerian.

Other Nigerians may be prejudiced against you because you are Igbo.

Other Igbos may be prejudiced against you because you are from a different state.

Even those sharing your state with you may be prejudiced against your hometown.

And who just don't like you as an individual are a whole other story.

A waste of viable time lawyering on behalf of your "group" in its differing layers when you could make the best of your own life despite other people's opinions. Because you cannot please everybody all of the time.

People are naturally divisive anyway and when it comes down to it it is every man for himself and his loved ones.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Onlytruth(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
But I seriously think it is time for someone to call Abagworo to order in this Nairaland. I mean seriously!
Abagworo is the single biggest enemy of Igbo unity in this forum by his ways in this forum which he thinks nobody notices. Abagworo would kiss any non-Igbo a.s.s shamelessly and mindlessly, but would constantly try to attack Anambra state as if Anambra is his worst nightmare. Go throughtout Nairaland, you will constantly see Agagworo's constant side comments and idiotic innuendos and false historical and cultural perspective that only adds fuel to the fires of our disunity.
In my book, one Abagworo (who is committed and steady in his smear campaign on Anambra state) is far more dangerous than ten Chinos. At least Chino never pretends, and only shows up when Anambra or Peter Obi is attacked ,even as subtly as Abagworo does it; we all notice but Chino reacts.

@Abagworo, you are too old to be engaging in nonsensical smear campaign against your "sister" state. I personally don't believe that you are FULLY Igbo. You once alluded that your mother is from one of the "SS" tribes. So, whenever you state that Igbo are not one, I agree because YOU are NOT my brother. cool
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Onlytruth(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
manny4life: A big shame to all of you, if this is how unity and tolerance is, tufia, I don't wanna be a part of it --- The gods of our land forbid this mockery of yourselves. Imagine how all of you guys are denigrating yourselves even before the eyes of your "supposed" enemies, ifele o na emekwa unu?

As an Anambra young man, [size=14pt]from Nnewi[/size], this is the most childish bickering I've ever seen even amongst ourselves. What does it matter if Enugu is the pride of the east, or Imo is the center of education or Anambra is the seat of economic productivity or Abia is the manufacturing powerhouse? Like serious, WHAT THE F.V.C.K DOES IT MATTER? angry angry angry angry

No one state can achieve all of the above, lots of people need thorough exposure, from the shores of NY to the hills of Los Angeles, different cities contribute to what makes the "UNITED STATES" of America. NY is the pride of U.S. when it comes to "MONEY MATTERS". Florida takes the excellence of superb Tourism, Texas and CA gives the pride of Oil and agriculture respectively, YET CA maintains the KING of the Technology center, VA is the seat of Defense, and the list is just countless.

I ask again, WTF does it matter if one state is better than the others when it comes to a field? Imo takes the lead in education because that's what they're good at, meanwhile Enugu is the excellence of tourism and peace, because that's what they excel in, Abia may look awful to most, but believe it, if they get it together, they can convert Aba made to higher quality "Made in U.S.", Anambra does come to mind to be a center of economic activity because of large market operation.

Rather than stay here and continue bickering whose di.c.k is bigger how about yall come together and achieve something together? Like someone said, Anambra doesn't need defending at all because if Anambra had it together, it will not be in the same place it is. So same thing could be said of Abia (and Aba and it's industries). Rochas in Imo has taken the good deeds of promoting education, while Chime has does well in promoting infrastructural standards. ALL SEastern states have great potentials in thier different fields, so everyone needs to shut it and get it over with.

So na i bu nwa Anaedo? No wonder.
Which village?
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Onlytruth: But I seriously think it is time for someone to call Abagworo to order in this Nairaland. I mean seriously!
Abagworo is the single biggest enemy of Igbo unity in this forum by his ways in this forum which he thinks nobody notices. Abagworo would kiss any non-Igbo a.s.s shamelessly and mindlessly, but would constantly try to attack Anambra state as if Anambra is his worst nightmare. Go throughtout Nairaland, you will constantly see Agagworo's constant side comments and idiotic innuendos and false historical and cultural perspective that only adds fuel to the fires of our disunity.
In my book, one Abagworo (who is committed and steady in his smear campaign on Anambra state) is far more dangerous than ten Chinos. At least Chino never pretends, and only shows up when Anambra or Peter Obi is attacked ,even as subtly as Abagworo does it; we all notice but Chino reacts.

@Abagworo, you are too old to be engaging in nonsensical smear campaign against your "sister" state. I personally don't believe that you are FULLY Igbo. You once alluded that your mother is from one of the "SS" tribes. So, whenever you state that Igbo are not one, I agree because you are NOT my brother. cool
Nonsense.
I think i agree with you...Abagworo is also fond of fanning the embers of competition amongst Igbo states. I don't know if he derives joy from this.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
chino11:

Afam get your facts right. I have since avoided anything that will bring clash among igbos and not until this shady of a guy started bashing anambra and left the very people that are exposing them here on nl. I will indulge you to go thru thread to find out how this bashing all started. I never started it was just watching from the sideline. Again there nothing like anambra superiority in existence
tot as much,no balls.did u not tell one guy here it sux to be from his state?same language yorubas use on ibos.just get down ur knees and apologize and stop whining .
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by manny4life(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Onlytruth:

So na i bu nwa Anaedo? No wonder.
Which village?

Yes o, abu'm onye uruagu, Akaboeze'm,

Haha, no wonder about what?
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think i agree with you...Abagworo is also fond of fanning the embers of competition amongst Igbo states. I don't know if he derives joy from this.

I've only done Anambra vs Abia and nothing more. I will still do it again if they attack my Imo. That my mother is from South-south does not make me less Igbo. IMHO I am the highest defender of Igbo unity on this forum but I dislike what many Anambrians do and I hit them back with facts.

I understand where Onlytruth is coming from. It is in the culture section where I opened a thread on the origin of various Igbo clans. I wasn't the originator of the history but the people themselves.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Biafrarep(m): 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I beg to differ, Chino is the architect of Igbo disunity on nairaland not Abagworo
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
o'boy:
Biafra rep ko ngwa rep ni
go ahead teach us yoruba language after insulting us and our sisters.shame on you....ina asu yoruba
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Abagworo:

I've only done Anambra vs Abia and nothing more. I will still do it again if they attack my Imo. That my mother is from South-south does not make me less Igbo. IMHO I am the highest defender of Igbo unity on this forum but I dislike what many Anambrians do and I hit them back with facts.

I understand where Onlytruth is coming from. It is in the culture section where I opened a thread on the origin of various Igbo clans. I wasn't the originator of the history but the people themselves.
No, you can't be the highest defender of Igbo unity if you keep denigrating other Igbo states just because someone insulted Imo or Abia. The same people you're talking about have insulted Wawa people but you don't see me up in arms attacking Anambra state. The worse i have done is to curse out the person and not to take it out on Anambra.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
Biafra rep: I beg to differ, Chino is the architect of Igbo disunity on nairaland not Abagworo
Being the architect is not the issue. The issue is always getting involved in this kind of sectional supremacy.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
No, you can't be the highest defender of Igbo unity if you keep denigrating other Igbo states just because someone insulted Imo or Abia. The same people you're talking about have insulted Wawa people but you don't see me up in arms attacking Anambra state. The worse i have done is to curse out the person and not to take it up on Anambra.

Now you've hit the nail by the head. Have you seen an Imo, Abia or Ebonyi Nairalander do that? I remember how I fought them when they were mocking Ebonyi State and Abakaliki people. Then you were asking if there were no Ebonyians on Nairaland. I also fought them on the "Enugu pride of the east" thread.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Now you've hit the nail by the head. Have you seen an Imo, Abia or Ebonyi Nairalander do that? I remember how I fought them when they were mocking Ebonyi State and Abakaliki people. Then you were asking if there were no Ebonyians on Nairaland. I also fought them on the "Enugu pride of the east" thread.
Silence is the best answer for a f00l. If you pay these people no attention, they'll get tired and resign from trolling. But you engage them by committing the same crime you accuse them of committing. is this how we're going to build a tolerant Igboland? At times i get tired of being Igbo sef because everybody just wants to assert themselves thereby causing confusing. This is the reason why Ojukwu said that Igbo people are the most difficult people to rule.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by WarriPikin1: 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mod, leave this thread alone o ! Let us see Ibo people killing themselves. Tomorrow they will start telling us they are united and must have biafra.Ibo people are smart individually,but always petty and very very stupid as a group. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by oboy3(m): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
shady26: go ahead teach us yoruba language after insulting us and our sisters.shame on you....ina asu yoruba
who insulted you and your sisters,show me one post i insulted Imo,i'm based in owerri and my sister husband is from Njaba l.g i av been there once
i even opened a thread that i would love to learn the owerri dialect but i hate when people drag Anambra state in the mud
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Biafra rep: its obvious that you are a kid still reveling in juvenile tendencies. Though I will not go ballistic because of the bigger picture, that notwithstanding, I will like to lay bare some facts. Nigerians know those that will pour chalk into capsule and sale it as drugs, just because they want to make money! Nigerians know those that would package coloured kai-kai and sell it as alomo bitters! Nigerians know those that would use their long suffering mother to do ritual just to make blood money! Nigerians know those that would contribute money to build ASPAMDA in Lagos even when the international market in their state is a glorified market square! Nigerians know those that would risk their lives remain in Maiduguiri even when the indegins are relocating just because they wont leave their business! Nigerians know those who claim to be rich yet there state is poorer than Taraba! Nigerians know those who claim to be educated yet they cant pronounce 'ROAD'! .........., If at this point you still do not recognise this state of iconoclastic ironies then you must be from Congo!
dee biko cheere ozuola!hara biko!asi na onye ara na agba aju uri na oha,umunna ya ka ihere na eme.these guy chinoo(feminine igbo name)and his group have no shame.I am aware other tribes were insulting imo women at the beginning of this thread but then what justification has an anambra born ibpo to join them?I could ignore strangers calling my mother names in the market,but if my younger one joins them,I will beat the living daylights out of him and that on full glare of the market.imagine him asking why I singled them out,you can see how they reason,no sense of brotherhood!let them pray hard biafra does not come to fruition cos if it does,I pity their lot in it.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by OkparaIgbo: 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Umunne I am ashamed.. undecided See the stupidity you lot have displayed in the presence of the whole Nigeria and World at large.! Seriously so many Igbo people need to be flogged and sense restored to their brains. angry I am still proud of being Nwa afor Igbo irrespective of state and when we get Biafra, I advocate the TOTAL REMOVAL of state of origin.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by muktarl: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
We are enjoying ourselves here with imo madafackas: grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1167972/experience-girls-imo-state/3
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Most viable state based on what ? We have more Imolites in Anambra than we have Anambrarians in Imo. Anambrarians travel out to expand their businesses and not because Anambra is not liveable. Awka is still a new capital and it will take time for it to develop. I have never been to Abriba but I will invite you to pay a visit to my Villa in Umuoji,Uru Ndi Agu and see for yourself,you eediot. I don't even wanna mention other towns in Anambra that will take your breath away! I wanna know what makes Aochukwu the most influential town in Abia talk more of Igboland?? How Arochukwu natives has governed Abia?? You are a complete monkey!
@abagworo,u can see were there foolish chestbeating stems from,IGNORANCE!he has not been to abiriba(small london) and probably no other place but his VIRRA(tnx to auto text editing)and he thinks by the 2 DEKI and 3 DEKI(as thy call it)local structures they hav,then they r the alfa and omega of iboland.ibo people don suffer,what an insult!

1 Like

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by manny4life(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
shady26: dee biko cheere ozuola!hara biko!asi na onye ara na agba aju uri na oha,umunna ya ka ihere na eme.these guy chinoo(feminine igbo name)and his group have no shame.I am aware other tribes were insulting imo women at the beginning of this thread but then what justification has an anambra born ibpo to join them?I could ignore strangers calling my mother names in the market,but if my younger one joins them,I will beat the living daylights out of him and that on full glare of the market.imagine him asking why I singled them out,you can see how they reason,no sense of brotherhood!let them pray hard biafra does not come to fruition cos if it does,I pity their lot in it.

Allow me to interject - I don't see the need for pity. Pittance is for those without life or hope, and for the same reason yall are here ranting and raving is exactly why that cannot come true. You guys spend so much energy trying to define who's the best, that you leave out the most important things that bind us together. Do you honestly believe that one state can do without the other? Are you seriously kidding me? Hasn't the test of trials and time thought us anything? Where's the spirit of tolerance?

Sometimes, I try to stay away from threads like this because all I ever see is HATE, yes you heard me, HATE. You as much as everyone else is guilty of same crime that Chino is.If it were in the court of law, no one is gonna ask you "who started it first", you're guilty by association.

I once remembered once when Chino attacked me because I had a different opinion of how Gov. Obi invested in the breweries Sabmiller factory rather than infrastructural needs. I debunked all the ROI investment claim and everything as opposed to infrastructural development equating to economic good. Chino and Blink182 if I'm correct, literally attacked me, resorted to calling me awful names. I just ignored him and had few words for him, it did not change my stand.

My point is, if you reply to every attack that is thrown at you, you'll spend so much time doing defending that it becomes futile.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by muktarl: 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
OWERRI IMO STATE IS A ROTTEN PLACE, DON'T DARE RAISE YOUR FAMILY THERE. ITS A LIONS DEN

READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

Once you hit the ground, you will feel the vibe of Owerri, the capital of Imo State. The city is warm, with many things to keep visitors engaged. Known for its robust hospitality industry, Owerri is the destination of fun seekers. Visitors to Owerri will always have fond memories of the city as well as the longing to return. They will remember the nightlife. They will remember that most of the fine restaurants, hotels and fun spots are places to be in the night.

They know that Owerri has its fair share of nightclubs. While some of the clubs operate on their own, others are built inside hotels. Those who lodge in the hotels that operate nightclubs are admitted free, upon showing their room keys. Others pay gate fee. Expectedly, going by the active nightlife in the city, Owerri is brimming with prostitutes. Investigations revealed that commercial sex workers flock around popular hotels and fun spots, looking for men to hook.

Most of these sex workers are students in tertiary institutions in the state and neighbouring states. In the day, these students appear somewhat respectable on campus, but at night they wear a different cap. By their dressing you shall know them. They appear in low waist trousers, short gowns/micro mini skirts, midriff and breasts revealing tops and patrol premises of hotels with nightclubs.

One of the commercial sex workers told Saturday Sun, at the Rappour Hotel nightclub, that she comes around to earn money and take care of herself and siblings. Ijeoma, as she called herself, said: “I come to the club about three times a week to catch some fun, but nothing goes for nothing.”

Mr. Livinus Manukwem, an Owerri based businessman, the situation could not have been otherwise, every factor considered. “The sheer number of tertiary institutions in and around Owerri naturally creates the environment for people to indulge. I think there are more higher institutions in Owerri than in any other town in the country. Those setting up such facilities in Owerri are smart business people, taking advantage of the environment or situation. It is just like locating an industry where the raw materials for production abound,” he argued.

Open sex club One of the nightclubs offering “special services” is located unobtrusively off All Seasons Road, New Owerri. The club begins business from about 8pm. However, activities reach fever pitch from 10pm and continue till the wee hours.

This hangout is a white bungalow that hardly gives itself away. It looks like the regular club inside but without heavy décor and neon lights at the entrance. The regular dance hall is always almost empty, making one wonder how they manage to stay afloat. But if you wait long enough, you will notice young and middle aged men strolling into a passage on the left side of the dance hall. And that is where the real action is.

To go past barrel-chested bouncers manning an inner door, you must pay a gate fee of N1,000. There is an adjoining room also and both have something in common: Wild sexual obscenity.

The rooms are not well illuminated but bright enough for you to see what is being offered. Once you step in, the sight that greets you is that of a number of naked girls or at various stages of nudity. The girls in bra and pants soon shed every piece of clothing, as the show gathers momentum.

The nightclub parades these girls in appreciable number. Unlike some strip bars where only a handful of girls entertain, this nightclub has them many. And they come in various sizes and shapes: slim, flat, tall, short, fair, dark. Again, unlike most nude clubs, where go-go girls exhibit their stuff on a platform, in this fun spot the girls offer more or less personal service. They move from one patron to another, showing the stuff they are made off.

Saturday Sun was at the nightclub recently. As soon as the reporter and two of his friends sauntered in, naked girls began to hover around them. About 12 of them were inside the room. Some were smoking cigarettes and drinking can beer, which is sold for N500 each.

Others were rocking to the pulsating music blasting from the speakers. They were making explicit sex remarks and gestures to the men, even as some playfully squeezed one another’s buttocks and breasts, like lesbians.

Shortly after the reporter walked in, Flavour’s monster hit, Ashawo, began to play. The tempo of the music seemed to energize the dancers and they did exotic dance steps and got wilder.

In corners, some of the girls were engaged in lap dance with men, who grabbed the opportunity with both hands, kissing, sucking breasts and caressing the lower region of the girls. The mischievous guys were inserting naira notes in between the thighs of the girls. As the guys titillated their tits, they squeezed the hard-on of their partners even as they asked to be “appreciated.” In this nightclub, to be “appreciated” is euphemism for “I need some money.”

The inner room is a shade darker and sleazier. There, the patrons and the girls get more intimate, engaging in all manner of sexual acts. Some of the strip dancers were sitting astride men even as others were caressing themselves. One of the girls, who gave her name as Marbel, said that for N2,000 she would engage in MouthAction with a man in the dark hall. It was gathered that a patron could also take any of the girls out for the night, for an agreed sum. The price depends on the time, desperation of the girl and bargaining power of the patron, but it could be anything between N5,000 and N10,000.

Private parties It was also learnt that the strip dancers equally entertain at private or house parties. According to one of the girls, who identified herself as Maureen, “If guys want to be entertained in a private apartment or hotel room, the girls would be willing. The price tag is N5,000 per girl for an outing of between four and five hours.”

Maureen, who claims to be a graduate from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) and speaks good English, also said that during such private outings, sex can take place but it depends on the agreement between a patron and a girl.

She said: “You can have sex with a girl at the house party, but it is a personal thing. Of course, if you make a good offer a girl will not refuse it. It is a matter of cash.” She further said that if given at least two days notice, she can arrange for up to 30 girls for such special outing. She further said that payment must be made before the girls begin to drop their pants Dark, slim Maureen, who described herself as a professional dancer, sees nothing wrong with strip dancing. “It is like every other profession.

I personally like to dance and if I strip while dancing, what is the big deal? On the issue of sex, everybody is doing it. Female bankers do have sex; medical doctors have sex; actresses have sex; teachers have sex; lawmakers and ministers have sex. In fact, every person is having sex with the people they like or under whatever arrangement. It’s just that people pretend a lot. Some civil servants have sex with more men in a week than strip dancers,” she said.

An insider told Saturday Sun: “Some of the strip dancers are students and they pay their bills with the money they make. But all the dancers are not students. Some of the girls come from poor homes, so they use what they make at the bar to take care of themselves and families. Single mothers and young widows are also among them. Some of them come from such places as Port Harcourt, Aba and Asaba to Owerri where they are not known to perform after which they go home. Some of them only come at weekends.”

It was also gathered that more girls are coming to the club almost on daily basis seeking to be registered as strippers. One of the requirements is that the girls must be 18 years and above.

http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/general/37456-owerri-hottest-nude-club-parades-prostitutes-who-are-students-in-tertiary-institutions.html

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by muktarl: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
Infact me I gwo charter them go kano....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by muktarl: 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
The increasing menace of commercial sex trade in Owerri, the Imo State Capital has become a big source of worry to the Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and the Imo women who are determined to take necessary action to nip it in the bud.

At separate fora both the governor and the women of Imo have not only regretted the ugly trend but also disclosed their plans to attack the menace once and for all, with a view to stopping it.

Speaking last Wednesday in Owerri Okorocha as a matter of fact ordered the immediate closure of strip clubs in the State Capital where women dance nude for a ransome.

Okorocha described the existence of such clubs in Imo as strange and devilish.

He said the operation of such clubs have debased Igbo culture and compounded the eroding morality of the youths.

He said his government would no more tolerate their destructive activities. Okorocha also warned that any club found admitting under-aged persons into their clubs or selling alcoholic drinks to them would be shut down.

The governor ordered the demolition of a house at Oru East LGA and a filling station at Mbaitoli LGA alleged to be owned by kidnappers, assuring that kidnapping will be a thing of the past in the state.

Governor Okorocha also warned cultists operating in the state that his government was ready to deal with them just like child traffickers who he observed were also on the increase.

Corroborating the governor, the Imo women in conjunction with the Bureau on Religious Affairs, Government House have condemned the operation of strip(nude) clubs in the state, saying it is debasing to womanhood.

The women lamented that the increasing spate of prostitution in the state is so dangerous that their daughters are now being negatively influenced and even conscripted to the act by non citizens of Imo.

On their action plan, the women Nigerian Horn gathered have put all machinery in motion to take to the streets this Friday.

They said they, would do all in their powers with the support of the Imo State government to ensure the permanent closure of all strip clubs in the state as a way of fighting the thriving business of prostitution in the state.

Nigerian Horn checks revealed that the business of commercial sex hawking in Owerri is far beyond what goes on in other neigbouring state capitals. This makes Owerri, favourite destination for men and women who troope into the state to enjoy the sex trade.

http://www.nigeriahornnewspapers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1112%3Aprostitution-in-imo-women-set-to-battle-nude-club-owners&catid=50%3Astate-news&Itemid=27

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Kemepadei Bodmas For Inciting Nigerians against Buhari / Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords / Ibrahim Yar’adua And Saratu Sodangi's Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.