Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

What Is Imo State Best Known For? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Imo State Best Known For? (45249 Views)

Is Imo State Currently The Least Developing State In Southeast? / 5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Is Imo State Not Supposed To Be Rescued by The New Government? What's this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by odumchi: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2013
Joowilliams:
Saro Wiwa? Na wa o!

Saro Wiwa is the name of an Igbo musician, not to be confused with the political activist Saro Wiwa who is of Ogoni origin.

Abagworo: Itu mbu uzon is in Bende LGA. A boundary community of Abia and Akwa-Ibom/Cross river.

Isn't Itu Mbuso in Akwa Ibom? Although there is a clear Ibibio cultural presence in Abia, I would've said that the closest thing that there is to an indigenous non-Igbo group would be the Ikpanja people. They are an Ibibio subgroup that live very close to (almost on) the Akwa Ibom-Abia boundary; they frequently canoe to Arochukwu and engage the locals in trade.

NRI PRIEST:

Imolites are probably the most educated in Igboland,I give that to them.

Now let's get to the business you just started; You see, people like you are the real reason why Umu-Omanbala will always retaliate and tear you lots down. This thread was started for Imo but you came here to bash Umu-Omanbala because your irredeemable insecurities won't let you.....Yes,we are Omanbala and we call rice "Lice",call London "rondon",richer "licher". But guess what else,if it wasn't for Omanbala you will amount to a baaastaard! You dare call fearless Omanbalas "lilly livered","chest beating" illiterate traders. I'm not surprise because this isn't the first time I have heard such garbage from Imolites and your Enugu weaklings!
But let me spell one thing out for you hateful heart.......OMANBALAS are the ALPHA and OMEGA of IGBO LAND! ITS THE WAY GOD MADE IT....ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL BUT YOU CAN KEEP HATING. If you eediots dare me to attack Imolites I will gladly do so and make a mince meat out of you monkeys....We will always lead in Igboland because God made it like that!

Your chauvinism has grown detrimental to the unity and image of the Igbo here on this website and has become a danger not only to us, but to all umu Igbo in the world. Mentalities such as yours are the reasons why the Igbo are the way they are today. I strongly advise you, and all those who partake in such hatred, to rethink and desist from such behavior, and in doing so, save yourselves embarrassment.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Afam4eva(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2013
odumchi:
Your chauvinism has grown detrimental to the unity and image of the Igbo here on this website and has become a danger not only to us, but to all umu Igbo in the world. Mentalities such as yours are the reasons why the Igbo are the way they are today. I strongly advise you, and all those who partake in such hatred, to rethink and desist from such behavior, and in doing so, save yourselves embarrassment.
People like him are detrimental to the unity of Igboland and they have to be purged out.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by odumchi: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
People like him are detrimental to the unity of Igboland and they have to be purged out.

Let's hope that it hasn't gotten to that stage.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2013
odumchi:

Now I can see why you were chosen to be the Eze..
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chino11(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Frankly, the level of hatred shown by many Anambrians on Nairaland against Imo indigenes is noticeable even by non-Igbos. Nothing from Imo goes without condemnation from you or Chino and yet when I tell you that we ain't same people you'll be arguing .

My friend if you ever mention my name again in your sentence I will add more salt to what people are already saying about your imo state. This is the same thing I have known about you people for decades that people are coming to see now. Its unfortunate but it sux for one to come from your state of origin.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chino11(m): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
odumchi:

Is it the reason you were made eze of NL? Afan nwa wawa is now a MOD, he has been busy flexing his muscle that side by deleting people here and there.

Instead of you guys to face this bad image that the majority of people of NL are complaining of here about a particular state on NL, but you have decided to digress and leave more important isses
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
odumchi:

Isn't Itu Mbuso in Akwa Ibom?

Itu Mbu Uzon is in Abia as seen on that map and link I posted. Here's another link to it from a newspaper.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/politics/orjis-legacy-projects-are-for-posterity/

building a total of five churches and assisting in the building of 65 churches and has remained the backbone of the Itu Mbuzo Mental Home and the Motherless Babies Homes with increased scholarships for indigent students including those nominated by churches.”

http://www.everyculture.com/Africa-Middle-East/Ibibio-Orientation.html

The Ibibio are located to the south and southeast of the Igbo, in southeastern Nigeria. This includes the former Calabar Province (the Itu Mbuzo subgroup is in the Bende Division) , Owerri Province, and certain villages of the Obong. The Eastern Ibibio, or Ika, have attached their village groups to the Ndokki Igbo of Owerri.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by PointB: 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Heheheheheheee grin grin grin

So you are trying say that Imo State is not synonymous with high level lose women abi?!

I dey laugh!!

If I talk now, una go disqualify me from next year election.. grin

Anyways, carry o!! We dey watch!!

Quit pandering.
It wont hurt you to say something nice about a sister state, would it?
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by oilyngbati3(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Now I can see why you were chosen to be the Eze..

alh haram = okija juju = coogar
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by nku5: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
Beautiful girls and tourism.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by odumchi: 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
chino11:

Is it the reason you were made eze of NL? Afan nwa wawa is now a MOD, he has been busy flexing his muscle that side by deleting people here and there.

Instead of you guys to face this bad image that the majority of people of NL are complaining of here about a particular state on NL, but you have decided to digress and leave more important isses

I am not sure whether or not you derive pleasure in tarnishing the image of others, but to be blunt, all you're doing is making yourself look like a fool. When in the assembly of non-Igbo, you proclaim Igbo to be superior; when in the assembly of Igbo, you proclaim Anambra to be superior; when in the assembly of umu Anambra...

I hope you can see where I am heading with this.

Abagworo:

Itu Mbu Uzon is in Abia as seen on that map and link I posted. Here's another link to it from a newspaper.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/politics/orjis-legacy-projects-are-for-posterity/

building a total of five churches and assisting in the building of 65 churches and has remained the backbone of the Itu Mbuzo Mental Home and the Motherless Babies Homes with increased scholarships for indigent students including those nominated by churches.”

http://www.everyculture.com/Africa-Middle-East/Ibibio-Orientation.html

The Ibibio are located to the south and southeast of the Igbo, in southeastern Nigeria. This includes the former Calabar Province (the Itu Mbuzo subgroup is in the Bende Division) , Owerri Province, and certain villages of the Obong. The Eastern Ibibio, or Ika, have attached their village groups to the Ndokki Igbo of Owerri.

Oh, okay. I didn't know this. Nsogbu adii.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2013
Abagworo:

Frankly, the level of hatred shown by many Anambrians on Nairaland against Imo indigenes is noticeable even by non-Igbos. Nothing from Imo goes without condemnation from you or Chino and yet when I tell you that we ain't same people you'll be arguing .

Choose who you are and see if I give a fffuck. By the way,try and respond to your brother who threw the first punch before you face me.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Imolites are probably the most educated in Igboland,I give that to them.

Now let's get to the business you just started; You see, people like you are the real reason why Umu-Omanbala will always retaliate and tear you lots down. This thread was started for Imo but you came here to bash Umu-Omanbala because your irredeemable insecurities won't let you.....Yes,we are Omanbala and we call rice "Lice",call London "rondon",richer "licher". But guess what else,if it wasn't for Omanbala you will amount to a baaastaard! You dare call fearless Omanbalas "lilly livered","chest beating" illiterate traders. I'm not surprise because this isn't the first time I have heard such garbage from Imolites and your Enugu weaklings!
But let me spell one thing out for you hateful heart.......OMANBALAS are the ALPHA and OMEGA of IGBO LAND! ITS THE WAY GOD MADE IT....ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL BUT YOU CAN KEEP HATING. If you eediots dare me to attack Imolites I will gladly do so and make a mince meat out of you monkeys....We will always lead in Igboland because God made it like that!
dearest me!alfa and omega of iboland indeed!careful with all this ur chestbeating infront of your kinsmen.the days when aba was the hub of manufacturing and the igbo man's ingenuity was riding high for all the world to see,we never heard abians beating their chest against their other kinsmen.now we have anambrarians doing well in their chosen profession(trading) and what?the rest of us are suddenly behind you?have you ever imagined what would be the lot of you and your kinsmen if Nigeria moves from being a consumer driven economy to one tthat is technologically or knowlegde driven?or r you the only one that does not know your present affluences rides on our current import driven economy?don't join issues with me I beg you because I will not spare you and ARABA people.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by shady26(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
chino11:

My friend if you ever mention my name again in your sentence I will add more salt to what people are already saying about your imo state. This is the same thing I have known about you people for decades that people are coming to see now. Its unfortunate but it sux for one to come from your state of origin.
you are certainly a simple one and it does not really have anything to do with were you come from,just my personal opinion of you so far.do somthing about to impress me shallow one and stop hiding in bigoted threads,yesterday it was yoruba and you were the igbo champion,today its imo people u r the champion from anambra.r u really mature and exposed in real life?cos if you were,u would know better than to insult people of different ethnicity than yours.u prolly went all anambra owned schools,only worked for anambra employers in anambra only companies,also started anambra customers only businesses,emplyed only anambra people,sought for only anambra clients,used only cars,goods etc manufactured only by anambra ppl,went to anambra owned hospitals to be attended to by only anambra doctors,governed by laws enacted by only anambra people,used roads tiled by only anambra people,entered airplanes made and even piloted by anambra people and the shit continues.since you think like this,u probably will have serious complex problems meeting germans,japs,chinese,koreans,english,who knows even ghanaians.....grow up kid its a complex world out there
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by EASTSIDAZ: 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hmmmm thread carefully boi
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chino11(m): 6:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
shady26: you are certainly a simple one and it does not really have anything to do with were you come from,just my personal opinion of you so far.do somthing about to impress me shallow one and stop hiding in bigoted threads,yesterday it was yoruba and you were the igbo champion,today its imo people u r the champion from anambra.r u really mature and exposed in real life?cos if you were,u would know better than to insult people of different ethnicity than yours.u prolly went all anambra owned schools,only worked for anambra employers in anambra only companies,also started anambra customers only businesses,emplyed only anambra people,sought for only anambra clients,used only cars,goods etc manufactured only by anambra ppl,went to anambra owned hospitals to be attended to by only anambra doctors,governed by laws enacted by only anambra people,used roads tiled by only anambra people,entered airplanes made and even piloted by anambra people and the shit continues.since you think like this,u probably will have serious complex problems meeting germans,japs,chinese,koreans,english,who knows even ghanaians.....grow up kid its a complex world out there

Mehn..I cannot stop laughing here. grin grin grin grin grin

Small boy you need to go back to school, probably primary six to learn spelling and rest of them. The fact is that the entire NL descended on you ediots about your wayward and loose women and all you could do is to attack Anambrans. All these people exposing how they go about fvcking your girls for a peanut..are they all from Anambrans?

You guys have a complex issue. Just like NRI PRIEST said, Anambrans are the beginning and end of Igboland. Anambra state produced the most educated people Nigeria talk about today. Anambra produced the best and brightest the world is proud of, the Azikiwes, Achebes, Cardinal Arinzes, Ikembas, the Emeagwalis, the Orizus, the Ugkabi Asikas, the Okadigbos, the Chike Obis etc, infact if I continue NL will not contain.

Anambra produced the first president, the first vice president, the first senate president and first speaker in the history of Nigeria. The question for you is this....is it only Anambra that is in the SE? NO, but they are always at the fore-front. Even up till today, Anambra people are still very much relevant in the Nigerian system than any other SE state. It is Gods' doing and not by chest-beating.

I want you to go back and face all these people that are exposing your silly and useless girls here on NL. I have been calm since I saw this thread, but I will go off the hook to add salt to the injury if you push your luck further.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by ak47mann(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Obere asiri one week,nnukwu asiri one month akodebe.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Biafrarep(m): 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
chino11:

All well meaning Igbos on nairaland should as a matter of urgency call Chino and his ilks to order, or declare them persona non Grata. why is Chino so obsessed with Anambra? Spyder opened a thread on the beauty of Enugu to the admiration and pride of all Igbos yet Chino came with evil intention to damage that thread, now he is trying to do same with Imo! every state in Igboland contributes in making us great. Any more insult from him on Imo will be met with equal venom on his state. Those who live in glass house should not throw stones, I equally have enough diatribes in my arsenal that would cast a pal of opprobrium on him and his entire state, though I would not want to do that because I am pan Igbo and wont like to wash our dirty linen in public but my patience is at the very tip of the cliff. Biko unu duo nwa amadi a odu ka ihere hapu ime anyi n'ile maka ngbe ndi ofenmanu ga eji ya kowa anyi onu, ekwuchala mu nkem!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by manny4life(m): 12:02am On Jan 23, 2013
This is exactly the same reason why I stay away from threads like this, it's always Anambra vs other states? Can we all have peace? Geej, what's all this bickering - my state is better than yours? Can we all get along?
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Metalgoong(m): 1:26am On Jan 23, 2013
Biafra rep: All well meaning Igbos on nairaland should as a matter of urgency call Chino and his ilks to order, or declare them persona non Grata. why is Chino so obsessed with Anambra? Spyder opened a thread on the beauty of Enugu to the admiration and pride of all Igbos yet Chino came with evil intention to damage that thread, now he is trying to do same with Imo! every state in Igboland contributes in making us great. Any more insult from him on Imo will be met with equal venom on his state. Those who live in glass house should not throw stones, I equally have enough diatribes in my arsenal that would cast a pal of opprobrium on him and his entire state, though I would not want to do that because I am pan Igbo and wont like to wash our dirty linen in public but my patience is at the very tip of the cliff. Biko unu duo nwa amadi a odu ka ihere hapu ime anyi n'ile maka ngbe ndi ofenmanu ga eji ya kowa anyi onu, ekwuchala mu nkem!

Shut the fvck up!!
Your game is lame! . . . you aint got no shit on Anambra state. . .
yeah, Anambra rules grin grin grin grin
Go ahead and release the so called diatribes in your arsenal!

Mkpi na agba ewu!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:31am On Jan 23, 2013
Biafra rep: All well meaning Igbos on nairaland should as a matter of urgency call Chino and his ilks to order, or declare them persona non Grata. why is Chino so obsessed with Anambra? Spyder opened a thread on the beauty of Enugu to the admiration and pride of all Igbos yet Chino came with evil intention to damage that thread, now he is trying to do same with Imo! every state in Igboland contributes in making us great. Any more insult from him on Imo will be met with equal venom on his state. Those who live in glass house should not throw stones, I equally have enough diatribes in my arsenal that would cast a pal of opprobrium on him and his entire state, though I would not want to do that because I am pan Igbo and wont like to wash our dirty linen in public but my patience is at the very tip of the cliff. Biko unu duo nwa amadi a odu ka ihere hapu ime anyi n'ile maka ngbe ndi ofenmanu ga eji ya kowa anyi onu, ekwuchala mu nkem!

My brother,I do respect your stand point on the Igbo unity and agenda very much and I applaud you for your steadfastness,however,we Omanbalas will not keep quiet and watch some nonentity drag the name of our great Omanbala through the mud. Having said so,I will advice my fellow Igbo to caution those bad eggs who has been badmouthing Anambra,a state that has given the Igbo an unequal pride and integrity. If you peruse through this thread you will find out that the Omanbalas never wrote any demeaning thing about Imo but still some Imolites ignored the purpose of the thread and started bashing Omanbala and that is unacceptable by all standards. Go through my post history and you will never see where I bashed ndi Imo but they have constantly attacked us for no good reason and you expect us to keep quiet ? Mba nu,nwanne!
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by PointB: 3:07am On Jan 23, 2013
Chino and Nri Priest are overly sensitive in their defense of Anambra State. You hardly see any of these scuffle without their names popping up in the thread.
One thing the fail to understand is that Anambra needs no defending; and their continual diatribe against other SE state as they attempt to defend Anambra only keep creating a seemingly atmosphere of disunity.

I urge both of them, and all others involved in the shameful activity to kindly desist. If does no one any good.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Onlytruth(m): 3:59am On Jan 23, 2013
PointB: Chino and Nri Priest are overly sensitive in their defense of Anambra State. You hardly see any of these scuffle without their names popping up in the thread.
[size=13pt]One thing the fail to understand is that Anambra needs no defending[/size]; and their continual diatribe against other SE state as they attempt to defend Anambra only keep creating a seemingly atmosphere of disunity.

I urge both of them, and all others involved in the shameful activity to kindly desist. If does no one any good.

The bolded beats me too.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Onlytruth(m): 4:04am On Jan 23, 2013
@Bros Chino and Odenigbo Aroli,
We are all umu Igbo; umunne. I know that there will always be never-do-wells among us (umu igbo), like the guy who first attacked Anambra state on this thread for no sensible reason; I would always think that ignoring such a person completely, elevates rather than demotes Anambra state and her citizens. How can I be wrong on this one my brothers?
My position on this issue has never changed; I am no longer Eze; just one of you.

Nna e, ejelu m uno, wee choputa na umu Anambra enwerodili efe igosi pictures ma obu videos ife na eme na Anambra state.
Ife di iche iche n'eme, mana onwerodi onye nwelu efe iseputa ya na internet. Ike wee gwu m! lol
Eji m ye wee muta nnukwu ife. Bikonu ka anyi rapu isa okwu n'enwero isi.
Dalu nu rinne.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Onlytruth(m): 4:05am On Jan 23, 2013
@Topic

EDUCATION
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by CzarChris(m): 6:31am On Jan 23, 2013
Kaa mu kwu o ka o ramu na onu.
Umuigbo ndi nno na ebe a, ezigbo ihere mee gbu kwa unu nile. Owu di gini di? Kee nke ndi Anambra na ndi Imo putara nga na eteh onwe ha unyi na ihu.
Onyere obodo akwuna na anoha? Kedu ihe unu putara nga na ezuzu? Ihere eme gbulam. Ele ebe ndi obodo ozo dika ndi ofe mmanu na ndi ka na etukwu anyu mamiri na apo onwe ha iyi otuah.
Chai, ihe a o wu aka anyi gi achi onwe anyi ehh?
Biko nnu kwusi nu ihe nka unu na eme ebe a. Igbo wu otu. O wu nu ka oram na onu. Onye nwere nti ya nuru ihem kwuru.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chino11(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2013

You must be an imbe to say that. Why not go and meet the OP who opened the thread to expose you lots? Did you ever go thru the thread to read what your brothers did when they left the knive that killed them and keep attacking Anambra. Whatever it is come on board with it, we will see who throws in the towel. Ediots that should face the public humiliation that people of NL are throwing at them..
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chino11(m): 7:12am On Jan 23, 2013
PointB: Chino and Nri Priest are overly sensitive in their defense of Anambra State. You hardly see any of these scuffle without their names popping up in the thread.
One thing the fail to understand is that Anambra needs no defending; and their continual diatribe against other SE state as they attempt to defend Anambra only keep creating a seemingly atmosphere of disunity.

Nwanne I will advice that you got thru the thread. You will be amazed to see that at no point did I write any negative thing about imo state until some fools started assuming that all the people exposing the ills among imo people thought that it was the handiwork of Anambrans to humiliate them. They started it first that is my point..
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by chino11(m): 7:15am On Jan 23, 2013
Onlytruth: @Bros Chino and Odenigbo Aroli,
We are all umu Igbo; umunne. I know that there will always be never-do-wells among us (umu igbo), like the guy who first attacked Anambra state on this thread for no sensible reason; I would always think that ignoring such a person completely, elevates rather than demotes Anambra state and her citizens. How can I be wrong on this one my brothers?
My position on this issue has never changed; I am no longer Eze; just one of you.

Nna e, ejelu m uno, wee choputa na umu Anambra enwerodili efe igosi pictures ma obu videos ife na eme na Anambra state.
Ife di iche iche n'eme, mana onwerodi onye nwelu efe iseputa ya na internet. Ike wee gwu m! lol
Eji m ye wee muta nnukwu ife. Bikonu ka anyi rapu isa okwu n'enwero isi.
Dalu nu rinne.

Meritorious Eze Ndigbo. I ga adi.

Thank God that you saw through the thread about the rebel that first jabbed Anambra on here. I was neutral all thru until they started.
Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by Abagworo(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2013
@biafra rep,It is useless to think of a Biafra or whatever. Anambra has been in the news lately for kidnapping, killing of 4 kids and 50 dead bodies, can anyone point out where an Igbo from another State condemned Anambra for all that? The answer is "NO". Imagine if such things happened in Imo. I know fully well that we are not related in any way because our values and ideologies defer greatly and it is useless to try and claim one people when we are not. As I always maintained, if Ojukwu was from Imo State, most Anambra natives would have never involved themselves in Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Imo State Best Known For? by muktarl: 8:15am On Jan 23, 2013
Lets forget all these bickering and return to the original discussion. Imo state girls are good at what they do. I enjoy them here in ph wellu welu. Their price for a poo is not high at all. If you go to a place called OCABIQUE in ph, over 97% of the girls you will find their are all imo state people. All those girls that you find at imsu, nekede etc are not far from being prost1tutes, because I have met so many of them each says she is a student and an imo indigene.

https://www.nairaland.com/1167972/experience-girls-imo-state/2#13967236

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Kemepadei Bodmas For Inciting Nigerians against Buhari / Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords / Ibrahim Yar’adua And Saratu Sodangi's Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.