Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? (16186 Views)

Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo) / Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amechi Dancing To Davido's "Aye" At APC Lagos Mega / LAGOS MEGA RALLY: Jonathan Stalled $1.354bn Lekki Deep Sea Port - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by larride(m): 5:52am On Jan 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I swear I tire ooo cry cry cry
Eko Ile:

Na so I see am too o..

I no fit stand this FASHOLA guy sha, the man built 17 skills acquisition centers and they are all for the elites, even the 15 new water work sef, na only the elites go drink the water.

I taya for the man sha....smh...

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by EkoIle1: 6:03am On Jan 22, 2013
sucess001:

If LASG must use bigots to try influence public opinion...am sure it can do better than use someone uncouth and without brains like u.

Ur statements don't even make sense. Am tryin hard to distill some sense buh I can't. I was born in lag so I didn't 'come' to lag. Ethno centric bast.ard dt u r. Like I said earlier...u re a shame to properly upheld yoruba principles.

Who are lagos taxpayers? Are taxes not collected from all and sundry living in Lagos? So y den exclude some pple from benefitting from d state's resources? An intelligent person wud ask these questions...buh no...not you.

This lagos govt hasn't even provided subsidized or any form of housin for any body. Their disguised attempt to do anytin on housing was its stupid provision of d Tenancy law which made tins worse....

And rily...u re senseles.s to call someone u dnt knw a lazy azz. I wrk in a financial institution and earn my pay...buh am sure ur definition of hardwork is bootlickin govt functionaries.

So tell me...how much do u get for marketing brainless and visibly incoherent policies of d LASG?

This dumb clown is still here shouting and making noise? Is there any reason why you should be taken seriously you sad and miserable loser preaching doom and gloom for Lagosians everyday.

The fact that you typed and posted the disgusting quote below means you are a scum bag and for you to call the man a bastard just because you are full of hate and bitterness obviously means you know a lot about bastards in your house and and the rest of your village...

sucess001: fashola is a b.astard! forgive my language!

Slit your wrist and die.. Oloshi evil spirit
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

What are you talking about? Making the school self sustained with tuition is not privatization and if you think it is, then who are the private investors or private companies in charge? The students right.

Abeg make some sense..
you need some brains and a some knowledge of contemporary events to understand why i said that.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2013
Originalsly: Let me try to make some sense.The university is cut loose...it has to be funded by tuition since that would be about the only source of income. The cost of tuition would be so high tbat only the elite can afford to send their kids.Since the institution would now be strapped for cash to either pay the lecturers on time or/and to attract Grade A lecturers...some of the present lecturers would leave and the standard of the university would fall.Are the elite going to enroll their kids there? No. The dwindling number of students would be unable to sustain the cost of running the university which would then be closed. Still owned by the State...what do you think the State will do then? Two things...either put it up for sale or subsidize its operation by a private entity.Either way...the tax payers would be shafted ... since if sold...it would be way below its market value and if subsidized...the taxpayers would be paying for the maintenance and other costs while the private entity pocket the tuition fees. My guess is the private entity that would buy the university would be no other than one of the mega churches.I tried!
Usually at first the goverment removes it assistance from it and after a year or two the whole media will be crying everyday that LASU needs investment from the private sector or else it would close down, the media would be repeating all this whether it is true or false, then the buyers who has been waiting all along would just come and invest to save the school.
They would never explain to you that private investment to save the school means Privatising the school.
They would never bring up the option of goverment assistance since nobody wants that and if it was brought up they would tell you that the school is now independent and self sustaining as if that makes sense.
When people put more pressure for government support they will bring up the arguement that goverment can not manage the school to bring out its maximum potential, goverment is corrupt,government is lazy, government is complacent etc and what the school really needs are private investors who would run the school very well and make the school make more profit.
The masses are ignorant and they usually accept these explanations.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 7:50am On Jan 22, 2013
djustice:

Your lies will eventually lead you to complete ruin and utter desolation, which will permeate whatever miserable generations you leave behind. Is it Fashola that told you that he's only borrowing at 1%? The bonds alone have a guaranteed return of 13% per annum to those that buy them. May you go insane and lose your cognitive abilities altogether for this sick lie you came to tell on behalf of your paymasters. May misery and lack be your constant companions till you crawl back into the hole you came from. Oloshious fellow.
Thanks so much for the information, he refused to name the lenders when i asked him to so i also suspected him of fallacy.
There are many REACTIONARY elements all over nigeria whose job is to lie and confuse the populace. May God help Us.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2013
larride: I finished my secondary school in a public school, the govt. paid for my waec, my junior ones are also going to public school, I know a number of people that withdrew their children from private to public school, schools are being re-constructed and re-modeled, free books and standard quality teachers. I guess that's meant for the elite also grin grin
The street which house my church has been tarred after been neglected for over a decade. No street along Ojodu-Berger through omole hasn't been tarred, I guess those roads are for the elites also and the poor man must pay for using those roads grin grin
LUTH which a family friend went too and get treated and even collected free drugs is also meant for the elites. grin grin
The maternity homes that are being built are for the elites also tongue
I'm very sure that only the elites will use the metro rail line when completed, I'm sure its the elites that make use of the BRT, I'm sure none of the masses will be allowed to pass through the badagry expressway when completed and commisioned because its just for the elites. grin grin
I'm sure that only the elites can pass through the BRT lanes without being arrested embarassed embarassed
I'm sure the office of the Public Defender is open only to the elite.

Why must Fashola led Government focus his view just on the elites. This is really frustrating. tongue
building roads and free drugs does not make any sense when the people who will be using it have been driven out of the state.
I really doubt you free drugs story, i knew somebody that died at LUTH on 27th Dec and the next story is how to settle the huge hospital bill. I don't know about the public schools and i still doubt that too and will make my enquiries.
As for the road wait till they start making gardens and sidewalk and we will see how many of the low income earners will still be in those areas.
The rail project was a huge scam, a project that was initiated to steal public funds with. My friends(foreigners) brought the news to me and they make fun of the black africans for a long time it was so painful.
How can a grown up man go and buy an extremely OLD AND DECOMMISSIONED train at 148% percent the price of a new modern tech train ? Please tell me. HOW CAN A GROWN MAN DO THAT ? Please don't rile me up this afternoon. Thieves!!
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by sucess001(m): 8:36am On Jan 22, 2013
larride: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I swear I tire ooo cry cry cry

so you know his policies are wrong or are you just cowardly eating your words?

Eko Ile:

This dumb clown is still here shouting and making noise? Is there any reason why you should be taken seriously you sad and miserable loser preaching doom and gloom for Lagosians everyday.

The fact that you typed and posted the disgusting quote below means you are a scum bag and for you to call the man a bastard just because you are full of hate and bitterness obviously means you know a lot about bastards in your house and and the rest of your village...

Slit your wrist and die.. Oloshi evil spirit
[quote author=larride]

you claim to be working and earning your pay yet you have enuf time to go thru all my posts. i understand sha...surfing social media and being paid is someting only an idio.t like you can call earning your pay...

....And yes i said it...he is that and more. And am sure when i say that, i say so for the Makoko people that were displaced, the Lasu students sittin @ home cos they cant afford the fees, and the lekki residents being extorted thru the dubious toll gates.

He, along with you are bas.tards... for fanning the flames of ethnic hate in your posts( anyone can go thru your posts to realise this). since "Eko' belongs to you, Fashola and your father's village...y dont u stop collecting taxes from non indigenes....oponu like you are.

Your mother has failed in not aborting you cos you add no value to the Nigerian society...perhaps only to propagate the ethnic doctrine.

Word of advice. Use your brains when u write...its un-utilised currently.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2013
The Rail Project was a wholesome scam to use the public funds to build investments for private exploitative individuals. The lagos state does not even run it according to this:
The railway equipment including electric power, signalling, rolling stock, and fare collection equipment will be provided by the PRIVATE SECTOR UNDER A CONCESSION CONTRACT. LAMATA is responsible for policy direction, regulation, and infrastructure for the network.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Light_Rail

further enquiries pointed out that even after paying hundreds of Billions for the outdated,old and decommissioned train the Lagos state Goverment does not own up to 30% percent of it according to the CONCESSION AGREEMENT IT SIGNED WITH ITS PRIVATE INVESTORS.
Before tomorrow my friend would provide me with a scanned copy of the relevant parts of the Agreement and i will post it for all to see. Ignorant Nigerians don't know when they are being played. What is all those billions of tax payers money for if the government does not even own up to 40% of it nor can it even run it. Thieves .
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2013
1. It is a big pity I could not finish my analysis yesterday...... but I will react to your counter arguements
2. Those whom government have social contract with are simply what it is. The people that voted the government in power, the opposition parties that did not vote the government yet have a stake in the system, the citizens.....what's difficult for you to get in that.
3. If anybody has no legitimate means of livelihood, lives under the bridges, in motorparks, robs at odd hours, continue to have babies they cannot care for only to leave them on the streets and never see them again, parents of kids that should be in school but are in hold up cleaning windshields etc. These people are better off returning to the village. They'll get better quality of life returning to farming, fishing or any artisanal job they do there. Have you being to those shanties we're talking about. Have you being to place where people pay for floor spaces to sleep per night? How will a city cope with the crowd that they do not have a hold on the data of their existence. For God's sakes there was a time where some people built ramshackle sheds are Olushosun dumpsite at Ojota........all in the name of they came to Lagos an hustle. The unfortunate thing is that this is what the western media will feast upon, creating a wrong impresssion of the state of things.
4. I make no apologies if my post reeks all the rubbish you posted down there, besides your jaundiced views deserves no better rebutal. Feel free to lay it on.....
5. I will not dignify your last line with an answer as obviously you're one of the lazy bones that sit abroad and throw banters at what you know little about.

thoth:
What do you mean by those whom the Government has social contract with ?
Which people are the ones that have no legitimate business in Lagos ?
Your post reeks of arrogance and ignorance, a rash elitist view of the majority. I am quite tempted to ignore it but i won't. So i will ask you this simple question.
Since you know what affordable housing means can you tell us when and where the Lagos state government has provided one ?
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2013
1. You want to know what they have done or will do? Please simply avail yourself with the information in the public domain....telling you anything is worthless
2. It shows crass and crude ignorance on your part to say Lagos State ridiculously increased school fees. Have you been to any of the so called state universities? I graduated from LASU 14year ago. Do you believe we can continue to sustain what we call state universities at that rate? I have been to OSU, OSUA (Later UNAD) and they are even worse. It is only rational that the nexus between the state of some of our institution and the decline in employability is not far fetched. I am not even sure if any of the top organization will even give our State Universities any look, talkless of wanting to employ their fresh grads.
3. I have no idea of the project I am defending?? you're simply ridiculous....

thoth:
Have you noticed how often you have used the word "will" ? Lagos state government will do this and do that , what has it actually done ? The only thing it has done is ridiculously increasing the tuition fees, if it has done anything else please tell us.
You have no idea of the projects you were defending and LASU will no longer be funded by the Lagos state which means it is no longer a state university ? What then is the work of the Government ?
If all you said is true then i guess they are on their way to privatise the university.
Your whole post lacks content and too arrogant to pick any useful point from. You might as well replace the whole write up with " i don't care" and it would be the same.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
mapet:
2. Those whom government have social contract with are simply what it is. The people that voted the government in power, the opposition parties that did not vote the government yet have a stake in the system, the citizens.....what's difficult for you to get in that.

May God save Nigerians from people like you.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
mapet: 1. You want to know what they have done or will do? Please simply avail yourself with the information in the public domain....telling you anything is worthless
2. It shows crass and crude ignorance on your part to say Lagos State ridiculously increased school fees. Have you been to any of the so called state universities? I graduated from LASU 14year ago. Do you believe we can continue to sustain what we call state universities at that rate? I have been to OSU, OSUA (Later UNAD) and they are even worse. It is only rational that the nexus between the state of some of our institution and the decline in employability is not far fetched. I am not even sure if any of the top organization will even give our State Universities any look, talkless of wanting to employ their fresh grads.
3. I have no idea of the project I am defending?? you're simply ridiculous....

Please what am i to take from this post of yours ? If you truly graduated from university from 14 years ago and we estimate your age from that information then it is either you are lieing or you are extremely uncivilised to participate in a public debate.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2013
1. When your heart is at the bottom of the hole it has sunk into, then may be you'll wake up to reality.
2. There is a huge difference between a Civil Servant and "those who hawk food on the street". For starters a Civil Servant pays tax. A Civil Servant is enumerated. A civil Servant is registered to pay for and enjoy the infrastructure and services provided by the government as a stakeholder.
3. Now, get something clear. Hawking food on the streets takes different dimensions. Even in advanced countries we have people hawking food on the streets and they make remitance to relevant authorities. For all you know, these people make good living. I am looking beyond these category of people. I am talking about the "Osanles" "Agberos", "Oraisas", their wives, the kids they breed, I am talking about people that will come to any open and available space, make ramschakle shelters, people who live in abandoned buildings etc.
4. I agree with you that some civil servants may live in unsavory states but that is a different issue. We are still an evolving society. There are different issues we have to battle with. Someone just raised the issue of family planning, population control, state of the economy in Nigeria, cost of living in Lagos in itself. You will even find in situation some people with decent clerical jobs in the private sector living in "room-and-palour". But let it not be lost on us that, some people actually take to living in these condition as a means of cutting their cost and expenses as well. I lived in Ikorodu for 7years. I watched the population in that axis baloon up. If you go to places like Imota, Igbogbo, Eyita etc you will be amazed that people you will rate within the low class; Mechanics, welders, vulcanizers, market-sellers etc are building their own houses.
5. Affordable housing is meant for all citizens that avails themselves to it....not "the poor" as you put it. There are various means of solving the housing problem, but truust me, if you're looking at a scenario where government will just build houses and "hand-out" it to the "poor", then you're talking of somewhere else. Therein lies my argument of the social contract. The only way people will be able to get the houses will be for a form of enumeration or registration. Besides government will not allocate a house to you if you don't have a legimate means of livelihood or you don't pay tax. Even the market women pay tax. There are tax collection kiosks in markets....so it will still revolve round the issue of on what basis will government provide houses for those people.
6. I just posted upthere that Lagos State government conducted it's own census. As lately as 2011, Fashola's government also had enumeration of houses. The government takes track of the people it's supposed to provide services for. The diffenrence will be the gap between those enumerated and those not, those that can be accounted for and those not. I am still waiting for your reaction on where to place the contribution of those displaced from slums in terms of taxes. Are they exempted?

cap28:

my heart sinks when i read these kind of posts because i realise just how selfish, arrogant and greedy many nigerians are. What is the difference between a person who works in the civil service and a person who hawks food on the street - are both not victims of the same elitist govt? many of these so called civil servants can not even afford decent accommodation and live in unsanitary living conditions that no sane person in the western world would ever agree to live in.

what do you mean by those who have no legitimate business in lagos - most nigerians flock to lagos looking to find a means of livelihood so how can you describe such people as having no legitimate business in lagos - people like you are the same type of people who flock to western countries, throw away your nigerian passports and start pleading to be given political asylum in western countries - how would you feel if the authorities in those countries say to you - you have no legitimate business here, no means of livelihood and therefore need to be deported immediatley? how would you feel? many nigerians cross the sahara desert on foot and expose themselves to all sorts of hardship because they know that at the end of it they might just gain entry into a country with social safety provisions that cater to vulnerable people.

and for your information affordable housing is meant for the poorest people in society not the middle class, and as a matter of fact there is no middle class in nigeria because this group was wiped out in the 1980s when babangida started implementing the first wave of austerity measures known as SAP.

As far as knowing the number of people who reside in lagos state - is it not the job of the state govt to conduct regular censuses and collate a fully functional databse containing information about its residents?
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2013
My brother, abeg help me ask them once more o......
Eko Ile: So I just land lagos from my village poor with no money or place to stay. Now the government of lagos state must give me free or subsidized accommodation at the expense of lagos tax payers...

NL people and their comedic ideas sef.....lmao

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 10:56am On Jan 22, 2013
So you think it is honorable to land in another man's country, with no credible and legitimate reason and (dubiously) seek asylum? Haba! no wonder you make case for .....

Did you just plan to sound ridiculous or what do you mean Fashola get's money to fund his project from.......?

cap28:

but you have no problem landing in foreign countries and expecting the host country to give you political asylum and entitlement to state benefits - isnt it the tax payers of those countries that are footing the bill in such cases?

what is even funnier is the fact that the poor of lagos are actually subisiding the fat useless and corrupt state govt , where do you think Fashola is getting the money to fund most of his projects - let me give you a clue - it begins with a t and ends with an r.

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 10:57am On Jan 22, 2013
You're just simply ridiculous
thoth:
May God save Nigerians from people like you.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2013
I am uncivilized to participate in a public debate You're simply bereft of any sound thinking....do I sense you're frustrated?

thoth:
Please what am i to take from this post of yours ? If you truly graduated from university from 14 years ago and we estimate your age from that information then it is either you are lieing or you are extremely uncivilised to participate in a public debate.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by mapet: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2013
1. Mr. Man, your dellusion granduer is simply jaw dropping.
2. You are your beer-parlor friends are as ridiculous as your lame duck arguments here. I knew you'll be found out as no other but simply on a mission to discredit Fashola. No wonder you could not stand the heat of a credible and sound arguement.\
3. Sitting your but in France and throwing around loose bits and pieces of information that you claimed you got from some faceless friends is just as stupid as you posted them
4. Lagos state never hid the fact that the rail project is a PPP arrangement, hence you're not telling us anything new.
5. You're true to type, your ilks have been found out on this forum and yours is no different

thoth: The Rail Project was a wholesome scam to use the public funds to build investments for private exploitative individuals. The lagos state does not even run it according to this:
further enquiries pointed out that even after paying hundreds of Billions for the outdated,old and decommissioned train the Lagos state Goverment does not own up to 30% percent of it according to the CONCESSION AGREEMENT IT SIGNED WITH ITS PRIVATE INVESTORS.
Before tomorrow my friend would provide me with a scanned copy of the relevant parts of the Agreement and i will post it for all to see. Ignorant Nigerians don't know when they are being played. What is all those billions of tax payers money for if the government does not even own up to 40% of it nor can it even run it. Thieves .
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
mapet: 1. Mr. Man, your dellusion granduer is simply jaw dropping.
2. You are your beer-parlor friends are as ridiculous as your lame duck arguments here. I knew you'll be found out as no other but simply on a mission to discredit Fashola. No wonder you could not stand the heat of a credible and sound arguement.\
3. Sitting your but in France and throwing around loose bits and pieces of information that you claimed you got from some faceless friends is just as stupid as you posted them
4. Lagos state never hid the fact that the rail project is a PPP arrangement, hence you're not telling us anything new.
5. You're true to type, your ilks have been found out on this forum and yours is no different

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
silly outlook, poverty is not a badge of honour, kick out the poor, destitute and homeless and build the black man a city he can be proud of

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by teskyg: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Fashola is a good guy.He is doing a great job but we need a human face to be able to carry on the good work.I see a lot of comments from here asking people to go back to their villages if they find Lagos less attractive anymore.I worked in a Telecom firm and have to be base in Lagos cos this is where our head office is.There are a lot of people too who are in my position.A fiat decision by Government for all Banks,Telecoms,Embassy and other organisation to move their headoffices to Abuja will end the charade called Lagos.We just seen recently with the relocation of LNG to porthacout.
I will also like to point out that its wrong for people to advocate for settlement for displaced people especially those trading and leaving in Illegal areas.
You don't expect Fashola to settle an Aboki who turn the street to chicken market after relocation from his village in Sokoto to Lagos without following the laid down process of legally acquiring a business premises to do his business.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Hardfact: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ermmm, plz, is it:

MegaCity,

MagaCity,

MeagreCity,

MuguCity, abi na

MegaPity?

You know say these days we no dey too sure?
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by djon78(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
when I look at the blackman I weep.
the political elites have sold Nigeria to the dogs and amongst themselves, pdp, acn, cpc, apga, anpp are all the same with the same characteristics no difference.

I keep on saying what Nigeria needs is a kind of leader like castro, like hugo chavez, a leader that will rally the ordinary masses, open their eyes to the power they have and take back the country from this devilish and wicked political class, but the greatest problem stoping this from taking place is ethnic and religious bigotry which was injected and inflamed on the masses by this same political class and has blinded ordinary nigerians

speaking on the issue of housing, the problem of poor or non input by the goverrnment on housing is a general problem across the country but why lagos own is unique is because of the high and exhorbitant cost of housing compared to other states.

let me give an example of my experience on one of my trips outside the country. I was in kuala lumpur Malaysia 4 a short course/training a couple of months, now I was lodged in residential apartment not hotel to reduce cost. the shocking thing I noticed was hw much cheap the apartment was compared to the facility in it. now the apartment was in a condor,which comprised of three 30 floor building with a swiming pool, lawn tennis court, gym facility, green lawn in the ground and centre of the condor. now the amount For each of this apartment in naira equivalent was 60 000 per month and I paid for the few months i stayed 4 my course monthly. what made me weep in my heart is that the apartmentwas finer, better equiped than the so called luxury apartment we have in Ikoyi and VI whch can sometimes go as high as $100 000, and I later found out that such types of quality, cheap, affordable partment with great failities was all over the country funded and subsidised by the goverment of that country 4 the average man to enjoy and have comfort but when u come here apartments that are of less quality go as high as $100000.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by thoth: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
djon78: when I look at the blackman I weep.
the political elites have sold Nigeria to the dogs and amongst themselves, pdp, acn, cpc, apga, anpp are all the same with the same characteristics no difference.

I keep on saying what Nigeria needs is a kind of leader like castro, like hugo chavez, a leader that will rally the ordinary masses, open their eyes to the power they have and take back the country from this devilish and wicked political class, but the greatest problem stoping this from taking place is ethnic and religious bigotry which was injected and inflamed on the masses by this same political class and has blinded ordinary nigerians

speaking on the issue of housing, the problem of poor or non input by the goverrnment on housing is a general problem across the country but why lagos own is unique is because of the high and exhorbitant cost of housing compared to other states.

let me give an example of my experience on one of my trips outside the country. I was in kuala lumpur Malaysia 4 a short course/training a couple of months, now I was lodged in residential apartment not hotel to reduce cost. the shocking thing I noticed was hw much cheap the apartment was compared to the facility in it. now the apartment was in a condor,which comprised of three 30 floor building with a swiming pool, lawn tennis court, gym facility, green lawn in the ground and centre of the condor. now the amount For each of this apartment in naira equivalent was 60 000 per month and I paid for the few months i stayed 4 my course monthly. what made me weep in my heart is that the apartmentwas finer, better equiped than the so called luxury apartment we have in Ikoyi and VI whch can sometimes go as high as $100 000, and I later found out that such types of quality, cheap, affordable partment with great failities was all over the country funded and subsidised by the goverment of that country 4 the average man to enjoy and have comfort but when u come here apartments that are of less quality go as high as $100000.

Such things does not make sense to the Nigerian man, they are used to the self destructive ways of doing things.
Policies of Great leaders like Hugo Chavez to emancipate the people will not make sense to Nigerians because to them they do not rhyme with western capitalist dictated fodder. The policies that the chinese took over the years that made them a great nation today would sound stupid to the elitist,ignorant and self hating nigerians.
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by djon78(m): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
why I am giving this long description is because the average nigerian is being ripped off by the political class and govt be it pdp, acn, etc. take for instance the toll gate in lekki axis the area I reside hw much did that road cost that warrant 150 naira 4 suv and 120 naira 4 sedan, that is almost $1 per car, calculate the no of cars that pass that toll to and fro a day, the estimate is over 1 million cars a day and I heard the concession is 4 30 years then u will realise the kind of rip off by the govt in Lagos. I am not against toll but it shld have had a human face say 50 naira to 30 naira for each class of vehicle. and there is another toll at chevron on the same axis, to collect another double toll for those living down ajah. also I heard that the new bridge linking lekki with Ikoyi will be tolled at the rate of 350 4 sedan and 500 4 suv this is in excess of $2 per car, how much did that bridge cost to warrant such high price.
many lagosians are blind they dont know that they have sold themselves and their children for to slavery to the political class in lagos for years to come, likewise same goes for all over the country. take 4 example concerning the toll gat where in the world will u toll $1 or $2 equivalent for these tolls in lagos, i quote no where for such short distance, it is the highest rip off I ve ever seen.but some will come here to support such rip off because most of them are blind, have gone to other climes where civilised people live their life. I say it again the rip off by the political class is evil, wicked. with all these money their lives are still miserable. like the wonderful femi kuti I say I sorry 4 nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by anulaxad(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
LOOK,LAGOS IS A SIMPLE AS THIS: angryLAGOS IS A PITIFUL DISGRACE FOR A COUNTRY THAT HAS BEEN PUMPING OIL FOR MORE THEN FIFTY YEARS.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by martinosi: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
cap28:

and for your information affordable housing is meant for the poorest people in society not the middle class, and as a matter of fact there is no middle class in nigeria because this group was wiped out in the 1980s when babangida started implementing the first wave of austerity measures known as SAP.

As far as knowing the number of people who reside in lagos state - is it not the job of the state govt to conduct regular censuses and collate a fully functional databse containing information about its residents?

TRUE TALK
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by martinosi: 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
cap28:
i find it saddening that some nigerians on this forum do not understand that Fashola does not and will never represent their collective interests, the mark of a civilised soceity is when you have a safety net in place that ensures that the most vulnerable people in society are not reduced to destitution due to cruel and callous govt policies designed to ensure the rich stay rich whilst simultanenously reducing the poor to scavengers. The irony is that many of these same people have fled nigeria to escape these kind of conditions and have been fortunate enough to benefit from living in countries that provide these same social safety nets to their populace.

REAL TALK...i just mediate now on Nairaland on great minds & their thoughts...
Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by martinosi: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
thoth:
there are alternatives and development is procedural. The revenues of Lagos state is enough to develop Lagos state. Developmental process should be all encompassing meaning it should include all the citizens, any exercise that is just made for a small class of people or less than 50% percent of the populace is flawed and should be looked into.
What my post really tried to elucidate is the devilish intent of the LENDER , the Heartlessness of the small cabal which is the BORROWER and the impending misery of the Masses which makes up the DEBTOR.
Please answer this question: Do you see anything wrong in borrowing 10 billion Naira(@ 26% interest) to build a Mega Cultural center
)

U HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by cap28: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2013
djon78: when I look at the blackman I weep.

thank god we have people like you in nigeria who are still able to reason properly.

many nigerians are suffering from a psychiatric illness known as stockholm syndrome where they defend and make excuses for the same people who are responsible for their poverty and misery:

[b]Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy, sympathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]
Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they no longer become a threat. [5]
Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture-bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.[6][7][8][/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: Mega City Or Mega Madness? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
thoth:
This how the typical blackman thinks. Join the 1% you said.
Don't be suprised his post will make a lot of to some Nigerians.
act and don't complain, complaining is for babies. Whiteman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Joins Anambra South Senatorial Race To Liberate Igbos / BMO Rejects UN Hunger Crisis Report In Nigeria / FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.