Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Not Every Sin Leads To Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Every Sin Leads To Hell (18653 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by tevinsolt: 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
“All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.”

All unrighteousness is sin,
Hebrews warns against committing a sin that has no possibility of repentance (He 6:6, 26-27). The sin in Hebrews was the return to using Old Testament sacrifices after full realization that the sacrifice had come – Jesus’ death on the cross.
There is no possibility of repentance as long as one operates on Old Testament sacrifices because that prefers the type to the antitype. Christians can commit a sin leading to premature physical death. Prayer will not change this fact (5:16).
John does not want to be misunderstood by his statement in the previous verse that there is no need to pray for the Christian who commits the sin unto death. He does not want to minimize the seriousness of violating a holy God or to discourage Christians from praying for all carnal Christians.
Sin violates God’s objective and absolute standards for life. “Unrighteousness” is the underlying principle for the commission of sin. Unrighteousness is injustice – it is the desire to break out of God’s will, authority and objective standards for right.
Any “unrighteousness” or lawlessness against the authority of God’s standards for life is sin. There is no exception to this – “all.”
“All unrighteousness” is an occasion for intercessory prayer except for the sin unto death (5:16).
and there is sin not leading to death
On the other hand, there is a sin “not leading to death.” Intercessory prayer will change this situation, but not the sin unto death of the previous verse. Spiritual Christians should definitely pray for carnal Christians having not committed the sin leading to death. Intercessory prayer is important to deliver the carnal Christian from divine discipline. Unconfessed sin always invites discipline.
PRINCIPLE: There is a limit to God’s tolerance of sin in our lives.

source:http://versebyversecommentary.com/1-john/1-john-517/

2 Likes

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Mintayo(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
No need of arguments-all unrighteousness is a sin;anything done outside faith is a sin;if you know what is right and you do not do it,you v committed sin, no small or big sin-sin is sin!
God does not hate a sinner,He only hates the sin the sinner commits and he will judge any sinner who does not repent and forsake his/her sins!
All sins once forsaken can be forgiven but a sin against the Holy Spirit wil not be forgiven!
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by jpcomrade: 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.Ezekiel 18:20
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012: All Unrighteousness is sin but not every sin leads to hell:

1 John 5:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Question is how do u know what sin leads to hell? That is where this scripture comes in:

1 Thes. 5:22
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."

For all those castigating the Op for quoting scriptures, I wonder if you didn't read the line in bold.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by franel4NL: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Question is how do u know what sin leads to hell? That is where this scripture comes in:

Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin
Matthew 12:31
Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by YorubaOmoge: 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
Lololol @ shall never be forgiven
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by jpcomrade: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
hustla242: "For the wages of sin is death ” Rom 6:23: All sin leads to death and judgment without Jesus, but does that mean all sins are equal?

“The one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin” (John 19:11)- Not all sins are equal

The blood of Jesus purifies us from every sin” (1 John 1:7): Every sin no matter how small, big etc can be forgiven.

I believe these are the messages we should preaching and avoid useless arguments that generate controversy.
 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.James 2:10
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by dexmond: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
^^^^ @femi4, u are right
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by misreal(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)

my prayer is dat God shud av mercy on u....cos u r spreading heresy
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
Syncan:

I beg to dis agree with you, the Op made no interpretation on the post, he simply quoted scriptures, more so his last quote in that piece makes his view very clear, I really see no problem with the post.
You are a man of wisdom.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by victorazy(m): 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yes I may permit that all sins may not lead to death for example: ur living in d same room wif ur friend and one day some cult guys came in looking for him to kill him. You guys saw them entering and your friend ran and hid under the bed just for you to attend to them. They asked "where is your friend" you replied "he is not around, infact he didn't come in last night" and they left. You'v saved the life of ur friend but u lied which is a SIN (u will not go to hell) thanks.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by hustla242: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012:
You are a man of wisdom.

Your topic can mislead people though

1 Like

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
1 cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is
3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by BankuTilapia: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)

Absolute NONSENSE, did u Jux woke up from COMA?
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by livebullet(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
huni_naija: what type of sin if i may ask?

is sin not sin in the eyes of God no matter how small?

Sin isnt sin....D sin against the holy spirit d bible says isnt pardonable...but we hear oda sins r pardonable so how can sin b sin...if sin was sin do u knw d mere desire to sin witout actualy materializin it cud take u to hell? If that b d case then show me who isnt guilty cos evn ur preacher on d pulpit has his desires of d flesh!

na wa for man's interpretation of the bible!!
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
Syncan:

For all those castigating the Op for quoting scriptures, I wonder if you didn't read the line in bold.
Most of those folks are simply blind...as if I wrote the Bible.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
misreal: my prayer is dat God shud av mercy on u....cos u r spreading heresy

I agree with God having mercy on him, I doubt if the poster will agree less, but I would have love you made bold in his post, the line you consider heretic.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by kumbalo(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
bigfat03: [size=25pt]Sin is Sin and it Qualifies YOU for Hell fire straight [/size]
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by livebullet(m): 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
victorazy: Yes I may permit that all sins may not lead to death for example: ur living in d same room wif ur friend and one day some cult guys came in looking for him to kill him. You guys saw them entering and your friend ran and hid under the bed just for you to attend to them. They asked "where is your friend" you replied "he is not around, infact he didn't come in last night" and they left. You'v saved the life of ur friend but u lied which is a SIN (u will not go to hell) thanks.

sound illustration!
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
hustla242:

Your topic can mislead people though
But that was never my intention...only trying to show these folks what's in the Bible. Afterall I didnt write the Bible...or how is the quoted Bible verse supposed to be interpreted?

I stand to learn.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by badesco(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
Are you a fanatic? if yes them i am not surprise about oncaption. Anyway sin remain a sin irrespective of the type, therefore any sin will lead to hell and the only thing that can make somebody to avoid hell is to abstain from sin in any form.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by livebullet(m): 3:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=gonzaga]That is why the Catholic Church defines the doctrine of Mortal sin and Venial sin. All sins against the 10 commandments are mortal sins, while other minor offences are venial sins.

God is a just God and in justice, God will not condemn a man who had been killing innocent people for money rituals with a man who steals food to eat in order to survive with the same judgement. Though both have committed a sin, the circumstance and intentions are different.

For a sin to be committed, 3 factors must come into play; the willingness, the opportunity and the act itself. For instance, a virgin who willingly goes to a man's house to get the real deal and another who was going on an errand an got raped had both lost their virginity. The difference is that; one lost hers through a willful sexual act while the other was forcefully taken. God in His justice will not subject these 2 virgins to the same judgement.

I most times get very pissed when I hear people saying sin is sin. Even in our normal day to day life, do all offences against the law carry the same punishment? The Catholic Church can not err in matters of faith and morals. The Bible in talking about death does not mean physical death. The death been talked about here is eternal damnation. For those who commit sins that are not unto death, the Catholic church teaches that they go to a place of purgation called PURGATORY. Here, they make expiation for all those sins before they can see God. Purgatory is in fact, a demonstration of God's justice. God is so righteous that he cannot behold the slightest of sins. Yet, His justice does not allow him to condemn all sinners to the same judgement.

When next you hear someone saying that sin is sin, ask him/her to interpret this portion of the Bible.

THIS SAYS IT ALL !!!
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by BANGASOUP1: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
gonzaga: That is why the Catholic Church defines the doctrine of Mortal sin and Venial sin. All sins against the 10 commandments are mortal sins, while other minor offences are venial sins.
God is a just God and in justice, God will not condemn a man who had been killing innocent people for money rituals with a man who steals food to eat in order to survive with the same judgement. Though both have committed a sin, the circumstance and intentions are different.
For a sin to be committed, 3 factors must come into play; the willingness, the opportunity and the act itself. For instance, a virgin who willingly goes to a man's house to get the real deal and another who was going on an errand an got raped had both lost their virginity. The difference is that; one lost hers through a willful sexual act while the other was forcefully taken. God in His justice will not subject these 2 virgins to the same judgement.
I most times get very pissed when I hear people saying sin is sin. Even in our normal day to day life, do all offences against the law carry the same punishment? The Catholic Church can not err in matters of faith and morals. The Bible in talking about death does not mean physical death. The death been talked about here is eternal damnation. For those who commit sins that are not unto death, the Catholic church teaches that they go to a place of purgation called PURGATORY. Here, they make expiation for all those sins before they can see God. Purgatory is in fact, a demonstration of God's justice. God is so righteous that he cannot behold the slightest of sins. Yet, His justice does not allow him to condemn all sinners to the same judgement.
When next you hear someone saying that sin is sin, ask him/her to interpret this portion of the Bible. Watch out for a post on Mortal sins and Venial sins.
and dz 2 is wisdom.GLORY 2 Jesus.AM PROud of u,rem say statns of d cross na by 5.pm o

2 Likes

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by patostation(m): 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=FXKing2012]All Unrighteousness is sin but not every sin leads to hell:

King James Version (KJV)

@ OP, the Bible Talks about "The sin that leads to DEATH" not "sin that leads to HELL". When you correct the mistake, I'll advice you about various types of sins
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by dokunbam(m): 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
i know oya all the pastors and imam

more comments, let them know that looting Nigeria is sin punishable on earth and in the hell fire.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=pato station][/quote]
The Bible wasnt talking about physical death but spiritual death which is the second death.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by chiteny(m): 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)

OP, I highlighted those two phrases to show you the difference between what you said and what the bible said. The two key words there are "Hell" and "Death". They both mean different things.as the bible rightly says, all unrighteousness is sin. But not all sin lead to death; death in this case representing physical death. If a man sees his brother commit sin that does not lead to his death, he stands in the place of responsibility to help him see his wrong and correct him in love; thus giving him life.

This is the simple explanation for that scripture. Sin leads all men to Hell, no matter the kind.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by aku626(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
That passage isn't talking about hell or death (physical) but spiritual.

16-17For instance, if we see a Christian believer sinning (clearly I'm not talking about those who make a practice of sin in a way that is "fatal," leading to eternal death), we ask for God's help and he gladly gives it, gives life to the sinner whose sin is not fatal. There is such a thing as a fatal sin, and I'm not urging you to pray about that. Everything we do wrong is sin, but not all sin is fatal.(MSG)
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of
all.

Romans 8:1
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. .... and
particularly the everlasting and unchangeable love of God in Christ, the source ....
and is evidential of their right unto it, as well as of their being in Christ.

First verse is to prove to you that no sin is greater than the other. Sin is sin.

Second verse is to show you that there is no condemnation for Christians who believe in Jesus for your life is hidden in Him. Technically as a christian, you can't commit sin. Then you may ask what happens when you break the law, you should also know that we are no longer bound by the law.

My brother, if we were still bound by the law, no one not even the pope will make heaven. No good thing you do can take you to heaven. Our holiness is like a filthy rag unto God.

It is by the grace of God through Christ Jesus we will make heaven not our deeds. Did you know that christian patriarchs did not go to heaven when they died, in referring to Father Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Methuselah, David, Solomon and the whole bunch. They all went to hell but God was kind enough to create a bosom for them to rest until the gates of heaven were again opened for man to enter. And this happened after Jesus went to Hell to collect the keys to heaven, yes, Jesus went to hell and spent three good days there.

These days the word of God is barely preached in church and Christians are too lazy to read the bible and see the wonderful things the Holy trinity have done for us Christians.

If you really want to be a christian and not a person of mere religion, then learn to acknowledge the ministry of the Holy Spirit, He is more than ready to teach you all things. Things that if you knew, no pastor, reverend, bishop, arch bishop, cardinal, pope, babalawo, prophet will threaten you with the possibility of going to hell.

Finally, I wonder what the whole heaven rush is about. Only 144, 000 saints will make heaven-not catholic saints o because na over sabi dem de do. Saints are Christians, everyone called saints by Paul in the bible were all Christians and some of them were neck deep in real abominable doings, you should read the book of romans to see for yourself. 12, 000 saints each from the 12 tribes of Israel. Don't you think that number has already been met since father Adam?

Well there will be a new earth and a new heaven but bro, I want to be in the new earth, I want to live the way I do now but forever and in perfect health. Travel the world, go to exotic places and do so many things I do not know of yet.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by aku626(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
There are sins that war against spiritual life in the soul, and the life above. We cannot pray that the sins of the impenitent and unbelieving should, while they are such, be forgiven them; or that mercy, which supposes the forgiveness of sins, should be granted to them, while they wilfully continue such. But we may pray for their repentance, for their being enriched with faith in Christ, and thereupon for all other saving mercies. We should pray for others, as well as for ourselves, beseeching the Lord to pardon and recover the fallen, as well as to relieve the tempted and afflicted. And let us be truly thankful that no sin, of which any one truly repents, is unto death.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
badesco: Are you a fanatic? if yes them i am not surprise about oncaption. Anyway sin remain a sin irrespective of the type, therefore any sin will lead to hell and the only thing that can make somebody to avoid hell is to abstain from sin in any form.
If the only thing that can make somebody avoid hell is to abstain from sin in any form, then nobody can make heaven because nobody can completely abstain from sin according to Eccle. 7: 20 - "For there is not a just man upon earth, that does good, and sins not."

Accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour and asking for forgiveness anytime we err is what can help us avoid hell.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by aku626(m): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
contrary to what your posting says the passage you quoted does not truly go along. Every sinner would go to 'HELL FIRE'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.