Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Not Every Sin Leads To Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Every Sin Leads To Hell (18655 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by TayoD1(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
@topic,

In the real sense of the Word of God, only one sin actually leads to hell, and that is the sin of not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. The scripture you alluded to in 1 John 5 is not referring to hell. It is actually referring to physical death, as happened to Annanias and Saphira his wife. We see several instances of such even in the old testament. Moses committed a sin unto death which kept him from the Promised Land.

From all indications, the sin unto death is unique to the individual and how God deals with them. I believe strongly that God would let each person know when they continue on the path of disobedience that would make God ask them to come home. That is the sin unto death.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by thaoriginator: 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sin na sin, sinbad! You wan take corner corner justify ur sin abi? Well I no blame una sha!
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Odunharry(m): 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
huni_naija: what type of sin if i may ask?

is sin not sin in the eyes of God no matter how small?

na wa for man's interpretation of the bible!!
me taya slf o...d thing is we shud jux abtain 4m sin
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by vanstanzy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
FXKing2012: All Unrighteousness is sin but not every sin leads to hell:

1 John 5:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Question is how do u know what sin leads to hell? That is where this scripture comes in:

1 Thes. 5:22
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."

Do u know what u have just done? U have just unleashed the pagans, atheists and satanists on this thread. No time

for any lengthy arguments, so am outta here! Happy viewing and contributing! wink wink wink
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
chiteny:

OP, I highlighted those two phrases to show you the difference between what you said and what the bible said. The two key words there are "Hell" and "Death". They both mean different things.as the bible rightly says, all unrighteousness is sin. But not all sin lead to death; death in this case representing physical death.
I beg to differ on this: Anytime the Bible talks about death it's always spiritual death, not physical death.

I may be wrong though.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
aku626: contrary to what your posting says the passage you quoted does not truly go along. Every sinner would go to 'HELL FIRE'

Who is a sinner? That's the question. One who commits sin? I doubt, some will have commited sin in life and will still be saved as indicated below.

1 cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is
3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

[/quote]
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by godonzoki(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
1st Cor 6:9-19 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. 15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Ho[color=#990000][/color] THIS CLEARLY POINTS OUT THE DIFF KINDS OF SIN AND WCH ONE IS CONSIDERED AS THE GREATEST SIN WCH IS D SIN OF FORNICATION. SOM SIN GET LEVEL SHA.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
honey001:

That means u can't comprehend simple English.

Why do a lot of Religious folks go with very sensitive anger buttons that they press themselves
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by tevinsolt: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
sin is a sin it all leads to death. but everyone is not gonna be judged on the sane basis
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by emmygod: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
when simple truth are spoken people argue uneccessary. God and man re thesame except in sin. No wonder the bible says we re smal God. Since man has conscience and give jugement as gravity offences commited. Indeed God mercy supercedes man. Those that claims that all sin re eguall re liers. Any of you will not allow your parents and familes be murdered as just a sin. If one steal a pen it is till sin. We dont pray to sin but there is gravity. Proud of catholic church and there teaching.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by tefund(m): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Question is how do u know what sin leads to hell? That is where this scripture comes in:

the exact opposite..every sin leads to hell
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by bokohalal(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nigerians and foreign religions. O ma se.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by valiacademy: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
What role does faith play?
Why was Rehab the prostitute saved instead of others with a better profile.
Shall the just live by faith or by observing the laws?
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by katolistic(m): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
CeCe Billz: Wetin dis mumu op dey talk? Sin na sin weda big or small! Dey dia de dull first, no go repent de deceive urself
Don't mind him, You can't understand the word of God with human wisdom, you must be able to hear from the Holy spirit. Will always pray for OP that God will reveal himself to you
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Vivipop(f): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ride on my brother...
gonzaga: That is why the Catholic Church defines the doctrine of Mortal sin and Venial sin. All sins against the 10 commandments are mortal sins, while other minor offences are venial sins.

God is a just God and in justice, God will not condemn a man who had been killing innocent people for money rituals with a man who steals food to eat in order to survive with the same judgement. Though both have committed a sin, the circumstance and intentions are different.

For a sin to be committed, 3 factors must come into play; the willingness, the opportunity and the act itself. For instance, a virgin who willingly goes to a man's house to get the real deal and another who was going on an errand an got raped had both lost their virginity. The difference is that; one lost hers through a willful sexual act while the other was forcefully taken. God in His justice will not subject these 2 virgins to the same judgement.

I most times get very pissed when I hear people saying sin is sin. Even in our normal day to day life, do all offences against the law carry the same punishment? The Catholic Church can not err in matters of faith and morals. The Bible in talking about death does not mean physical death. The death been talked about here is eternal damnation. For those who commit sins that are not unto death, the Catholic church teaches that they go to a place of purgation called PURGATORY. Here, they make expiation for all those sins before they can see God. Purgatory is in fact, a demonstration of God's justice. God is so righteous that he cannot behold the slightest of sins. Yet, His justice does not allow him to condemn all sinners to the same judgement.

When next you hear someone saying that sin is sin, ask him/her to interpret this portion of the Bible. Watch out for a post on Mortal sins and Venial sins.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Hugo7(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
says it all
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Ubenedictus(m): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
salt 1: Op you are on risky ground if you're looking for the sin you can commit and still not go to hell. I fear this holy God too much for that .

"Thou(God) art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity" Hab 1:13

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law" James 2: 10,11

The verse you mentioned is a favourite of Catholics. They make distinction between mortal sin and sin that cannot kill.

The beloved John didn't give any illustrations to his statement and neither will I.
i think john made a point, not all sin leads to death that is what d bible says we either accept d truth or we reject it.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Onilokun(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
All soul that sinneth shall die.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mintayo: No need of arguments-all unrighteousness is a sin;anything done outside faith is a sin;if you know what is right and you do not do it,you v committed sin, no small or big sin-sin is sin!
God does not hate a sinner,He only hates the sin the sinner commits and he will judge any sinner who does not repent and forsake his/her sins!
All sins once forsaken can be forgiven but a sin against the Holy Spirit wil not be forgiven!
u only interprete d first sentence d 2nd sentence says "there is sin which doesnt lead to death" interprete dat.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by free2ryhme: 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
Syncan:

I beg to dis agree with you, the Op made no interpretation on the post, he simply quoted scriptures, more so his last quote in that piece makes his view very clear, I really see no problem with the post.

Is the thread topic title not misleading or was it meant to attract attention
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by imunest: 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)

How else will u interprete the above scripture even after stressing that not all sin leads to death. Mind you, this statement does not encourage you to sin (that can be seen from the post). Even if all wrong doing is sin, there is what we refer to as gravity of sin (deadly and undeadly sins). Looking for a sharp difference between them? Am sorry, there is actually none. The most important thing is to abstain from all appearance of evil.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

Is the thread topic title not misleading or was it meant to attract attention

There is nothing misleading in truth. To attract attention may be correct, even truth attracts attention.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2013

King James Version (KJV)

my dear sin is sin, we have no small or big sin, every work of unrighteousnes will land you to hell. that is why the bible says "let anyman that nameth the name of God depart from iniquity, immediately you are born again there are some sinS you musnt stubble into again, i call them "delibrate sïn"
then other sins that easily beseth us like anger, exagerations, selfishness, backbitting, etc with the grace of God and your consciousnes wich is brought about by selfcontrol will lead you through the sanctification of these sins untill you become holy and pure, that is why as a child of God who is heavenly conscious at evry point in time he hungers and desires to know God the more cos untill Jesus comes you cannot justify yourself no wonder the bible said "strive to enter" if the righteous are scarcely saved how much the unbelievers.

my dear in a nutshell please stop twisting the bible to suit you 'THE LETTER KILLETH BUT THE SPIRIT GIVETH WISDOM"
DO NOT ADD NOR REMOVE TO THE WORD OF GOD THERBY DECIEVING YOURSELVES AND OTHERS THAT WISHED TO BE DECIEVED.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by timilehin007(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

my guy i think ur bible is different or better still u must be reading it upside-down
you go school so...? Better still ko...next time use or maybe..
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by onnairaland(f): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
Big sin o, small sin o. Sin is sin n yet some sins are bigger dan d odas. Weda u sin small, na sin, n u sin big, na sin. Wat I will Neva do is say how God will punish sinners, His ways are not our ways.
D truth is wen u sin, u offend our God. What to do? Reject sin! In dat way, u' ve shown u love n respect God whom we all knw detest sin. Even if u arw taught dat dere is small sin n big sin like I was, simply ask 4 grace not 2 commit any n strive 2 please God.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Akpaife(m): 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
honey001: Pray for divine interpretation of the word of God, so that God will open ur inner heart and understands the word of God better. Stop spreading this type of message.
Thank u honey dats a simple truth
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Ubenedictus(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
aku626: contrary to what your posting says the passage you quoted does not truly go along. Every sinner would go to 'HELL FIRE'
define "a sinner"
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Every sin leads to hell jor, I'm not even gonna finish reading this topic. Mtchew such a waste of time!
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Elevation(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.