Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,576 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Not Every Sin Leads To Hell - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Every Sin Leads To Hell (18657 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Syncan:

Dear brethren please, please, please,look up 2pet3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction". The Ethiopian Eunuch was a good example of what to do,Christianity did not start today and do not think there is a question concerning scripture that has not been tackled before. It is clear that the passage in 1Cor3:13-17 is a passage talking about judgement of people that have died. Dear brethren, no one is actually sure of heaven until you die in the lord,"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall".1Cor10:12. This was told to believers and not unbelievers.When the apostle paul wrote saying "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" he wasn't talking to unbelievers, no he was talking to believers. You do not go to sleep saying "I have accepted Jesus as my personal lord and savior, I am saved", you have to put your belief into practice by doing what Christ has told us to do, because "Faith without good work is dead of itself" James2:17. It is erroneous to think that someone whose work will burn when tested, will be in heaven already. The scripture passage said "...will suffer loss, but even he will be saved, yet so as by fire" 1Cor3:15.Why do you just trivialize the matter by saying the person who is yet to be saved is in heaven already but will not be elevated in rank? Are you not the one now disputing Rev21:27, "nothing unclean shall enter..."? "The Holy spirit spoke to me" that's what is putting Christendom in total disarray.Who was more under the influence of the Holy spirit than Peter? Yet did you not see the difference on his stand on circumcision with that of Paul? Was it not after the council that they said "...it has pleased us and the Holy spirit..."Acts15:28. Only if you can say that your word is final, that is, it has pleased you and the Holy spirit... will your interpretation of scripture be flawless.Anything else is subject to probability of error as seen in your assertions in bold. Let's be open to learning, that we may know the truth and be free in deed.
My brother,we dnt have to fight over this ! After all the bible said we should compare scriptures with scripture !In the very few times i have studied and compared scriptures,i'm yet to see the bible contradicting it self ! Please let's take it easy.
Now,i never said a sinner who failed to repent of his sins will go to heaven becos i'm yet to see it in the holy bible ! I said we all who are saved wre saved by the grace and not of works and i quoted scriptures for that !
Now see different scriptures other than the ones quoted earlier to support that our good works never brought us salvation !
''Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it'-Ephesians 2:9'
''He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, Titus 3:5 Just to quote a few !
You quoted Ephesians 2:12-'Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,'' Now Apostle Paul isn't saying we should do works to earn Salvation.If that is what he meant by this scripture,then it will mean that he(Paul)is contradicting himself ! The words of the Apostle was inspired by God and can not be contradictory ! Any explanation that says it is for us to do work to earn salvation is totally wrong and in due time or season,the holy spirit will convict the person,people or the church of the meaning of this scriptural saying ! Let's be open for the holy spirit to teach us.
What Apostle Paul is saying when he said we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling is nothing but to bring out that which you already have ! Means let the light (salvation through faith )that you already have so shine that it might be seen and when tested with fire(i.e the process of purification just as Gold and silver passes through fire)it will still stand and earn you a reward ! To work out ur salvation with fear and trembling in summary is to show the evidence of the salvation you already have. It has got to do with every good thing that comes out of a genuine born again christian.It is all encompassing but does NOT mean we should do all that to earn salvation. It has to do with the fear(reverence or complete respect or humility for God) Go out for soul winning.Give arms to the poor for you to also have treasures in heaven.In other words,it means the total exhibition of the fruits of the spirit !
All these good works above weren't what brought you the salvation but they should be seen once you are saved !
'You said faith without works is dead'. I agree becos the bible says so.But the works comes after faith and not works before faith ! It is ur faith that brings out the works knowingly or un knowingly to you. There is no way you can claim you have faith and has got no works to show for it. But you can have the works without the faith !-So,Paul is saying,if you have faith,then you will exhibit the works and not the other way round. It's just like saying you will go into the swimming pool and not be wet ! How possible is that ? But you can be wet without going into the pool !
May God help us to understand what the spirit is saying !
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
Waoooo...this is really inspiring, is she now a Christian?
Not yet but she really want's to know more about Jesus and i'm believing the holy spirit to take control.I hav done my own part and i'm still on it !
Thanks
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mbaemeka(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Please listen to @m.k.o2005. His message embodies the truth.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2013

God is a just God and in justice, God will not condemn a man who had been killing innocent people for money rituals with a man who steals food to eat in order to survive with the same judgement.

[/quote]
Some times i try not to start up an argument but some times there are things you see and you wonder if 'Christians' don't study their bibles ! I can't just help but to want to engage some people with the scriptures.WHO KNOWS,THEY MIGHT SHOW ME OR TEACH ME SOMETHING NEW !
''Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10, NIV)
See also this scripture:Revelation 21:8''But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
Do not be deceived,a man who steals food to eat will be in same place with a ritualist if they both fail to repent of their sins and die ! If Lazarus had stolen the rich man's food in that story as told by Jesus,do you think he would have made heaven ? He did not still but instead the bible said he waited for the crumbs to fall off the rich man's table and he ate there of ! If he had stolen bread form the rich man's table,the best God would have done for hime would hav bin to blame the rich man for allowing his brother(Lazarus the poor man) to fall-stealing. But they will both end up in the lake of fire. My brother,if u are hungry and no food in sight,pls endure and dnt go and steal ! Thief na thief no let any body deceive you !
God help us
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
mba emeka: Please listen to @m.k.o2005. His message embodies the truth.
May God bless you for the understanding given to you on this topic. May we both not be a cast away wen the trumpet shall sound.
God Bless us
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Syncan(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
m.k.o2005:

My brother,we dnt have to fight over this ! After all the bible said we should compare scriptures with scripture !In the very few times i have studied and compared scriptures,i'm yet to see the bible contradicting it self ! Please let's take it easy.
Now,i never said a sinner who failed to repent of his sins will go to heaven becos i'm yet to see it in the holy bible ! I said we all who are saved wre saved by the grace and not of works and i quoted scriptures for that !
Now see different scriptures other than the ones quoted earlier to support that our good works never brought us salvation !
''Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it'-Ephesians 2:9'
''He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, Titus 3:5 Just to quote a few !
You quoted Ephesians 2:12-'Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,'' Now Apostle Paul isn't saying we should do works to earn Salvation.If that is what he meant by this scripture,then it will mean that he(Paul)is contradicting himself ! The words of the Apostle was inspired by God and can not be contradictory ! Any explanation that says it is for us to do work to earn salvation is totally wrong and in due time or season,the holy spirit will convict the person,people or the church of the meaning of this scriptural saying ! Let's be open for the holy spirit to teach us.
What Apostle Paul is saying when he said we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling is nothing but to bring out that which you already have ! Means let the light (salvation through faith )that you already have so shine that it might be seen and when tested with fire(i.e the process of purification just as Gold and silver passes through fire)it will still stand and earn you a reward ! To work out ur salvation with fear and trembling in summary is to show the evidence of the salvation you already have. It has got to do with every good thing that comes out of a genuine born again christian.It is all encompassing but does NOT mean we should do all that to earn salvation. It has to do with the fear(reverence or complete respect or humility for God) Go out for soul winning.Give arms to the poor for you to also have treasures in heaven.In other words,it means the total exhibition of the fruits of the spirit !
All these good works above weren't what brought you the salvation but they should be seen once you are saved !
'You said faith without works is dead'. I agree becos the bible says so.But the works comes after faith and not works before faith ! It is ur faith that brings out the works knowingly or un knowingly to you. There is no way you can claim you have faith and has got no works to show for it. But you can have the works without the faith !-So,Paul is saying,if you have faith,then you will exhibit the works and not the other way round. It's just like saying you will go into the swimming pool and not be wet ! How possible is that ? But you can be wet without going into the pool !

Indeed i fight not. I only wonder if you have problem with what I am saying in black and white or with what you think I am saying.

First you have to be a believer.

Second, you have to "take heed lest you fall" 1Cor10:12. This is only achieved through continued prayer, hearing/reading the word of God,doing good deeds and avoiding occasion for sin.

Third, I entirely disagree with the claim that ones a person is born again, he will never commit sin.There are a thousand and one imperfect acts in man which we often overlook as sinful. More so it is still within reality that someone who is born again can fall into a grave sin such as adultery for example, that's why you are warned to take heed. "The devil like a roaring lion is moving around looking for who to devour"1Pet5:8 is not for unbelievers but for believers. Tell me you've not seen great men of God falling, and some rising again after the fall.

Fourth, when a believer falls into sin as mentioned in third above, what is left for him/her after realization of this, is to be genuinely sorry for this, make restitution if possible, ask God for forgiveness, believe he/she is forgiven, and do good works; for "charity covers a multitude of sin" 1Pet4:8. Let us not be liars, we are not perfect, we get angry, we use harsh words, we avoid doing good for fear of harm, we miss prayers due to laziness, we hold malice sometimes etc. Yes we desire not to do these, and often work hard to mortify our flesh, even these we cannot do without grace. Yet we often find ourselves falling, what do we do? pick up ourselves, dust of the earth and move on again.

Do not make argument easy for you by saying I'm putting good work before faith,what is good work without faith, is it not like a filthy rag before God?

Let me stop for now again.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
m.k.o2005:

May God bless you for the understanding given to you on this topic. May we both not be a cast away wen the trumpet shall sound.
God Bless us
You've been a blessing, are you a pastor? Where do you worship?
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 10:31am On Feb 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
NO ! I'm not a pastor but i have passion for the word of God.'I listen to all men of God'and i go straight to the word of God to check out their word vs the word of God !
I worship with Redeemed Christian Church of God ! But i dnt follow any of my church doctrines that contradict the word of God. Though I'm watching out if i will see any tomorow. There is no perfect church ! But when Christ comes,the church will be made perfect.The bible say we(True Christians) Shall see Christ and live and shall be like HIM(PERFECT)
God bless you
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by mko2005: 11:35am On Feb 24, 2013
Syncan:

Indeed i fight not. I only wonder if you have problem with what I am saying in black and white or with what you think I am saying.

First you have to be a believer.

Second, you have to "take heed lest you fall" 1Cor10:12. This is only achieved through continued prayer, hearing/reading the word of God,doing good deeds and avoiding occasion for sin.

Third, I entirely disagree with the claim that ones a person is born again, he will never commit sin.There are a thousand and one imperfect acts in man which we often overlook as sinful. More so it is still within reality that someone who is born again can fall into a grave sin such as adultery for example, that's why you are warned to take heed. "The devil like a roaring lion is moving around looking for who to devour"1Pet5:8 is not for unbelievers but for believers. Tell me you've not seen great men of God falling, and some rising again after the fall.

Fourth, when a believer falls into sin as mentioned in third above, what is left for him/her after realization of this, is to be genuinely sorry for this, make restitution if possible, ask God for forgiveness, believe he/she is forgiven, and do good works; for "charity covers a multitude of sin" 1Pet4:8. Let us not be liars, we are not perfect, we get angry, we use harsh words, we avoid doing good for fear of harm, we miss prayers due to laziness, we hold malice sometimes etc. Yes we desire not to do these, and often work hard to mortify our flesh, even these we cannot do without grace. Yet we often find ourselves falling, what do we do? pick up ourselves, dust of the earth and move on again.

Do not make argument easy for you by saying I'm putting good work before faith,what is good work without faith, is it not like a filthy rag before God?

Let me stop for now again.

My brother,i totally agreed with all you said becos they are scriptural ! Some times,interpreting the word of God and also people's word pose a lot of challenges to us(Even me) !
You said we have to be a believer ! It is by faith we believed in the first place.If i am not a believer then nothing for me !
You have to take heed lest you fall ! No doubt.It was not taking heed that saved me in the first place but my believe in HIM and acceptance that made HIS grace to be sufficient for me ! Now the Apostle says i should be carefull lest i fall out of HIS saving grace that initially came to me as a result of Grace !
I never said once you are saved you can not sin No ! But i said the word of God said that A christian does not LIVE in sin ! To fall into sin is very very different from LIVING in sin.See the Words of John in 1 John 2:1-''My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: When we get saved,it is our spirit man that received this grace and become regenerated but the body is not regenerated. So,when we are saved it is still very possible to sin but the bible is saying we can not be sinning always and still claim we are Christians ! No wonder apostle Paul said ''shall we continue in sin that GRACE might abound?He then concluded it by saying; 'GOD FORBID'!What i only posited out is to show you scriptures that it is not our works that saved us in the first place but the grace of God ! I then showed you also from the scripture that works comes after we have been saved !Becos,once you are saved,the works will be there to testify to people around that AH ! there is the grace of God upon this man ooo ! I gave an illustration that once you take a dive in the pool,you MUST be wet ! And wen we do not see water on ur body we can start to ask if you truly went into the pool ! Have you wondered why the bible said that by their fruit we shall know them ? It is becos even if you try to fake the fruit of the spirit,it will not take long for the fruit of the devil in you to manifest.Now fellowshipping with God brings speedily to you the fruit of the spirit ! The fruit of the spirit can not come to one who is yet to accept and be regenerated no matter the good works you do !The fruit of the spirit helps you most times if not always to keep your body in check. Our soul is another matter different from the bODY AND SPIRIT.But it sure have a part to play in in our been kept on check.Our soul which has to do with our mind and emotions,accepts all sorts of negative things but the bible says that when these things come into our mind,emotions(soul),that we should use the word of God to ward them(negative thoughts)off ! See what Apostle Paul said we should do as born again Christians:''Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;''-2nd Corinthians 10:5. So even as born again Christians,negative thoughts still come into our souls(mind)Is we do not do the thing as instructed by Apostle Paul in 2nd Corinthians 10:5,we will allow our body (flesh)lead us to sin !Do you still Remember what Christ said about our thoughts if we do not do anything concerning them ?''But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."[/b]Mathew 5:28
Like you said above that we should always study the word and some others.Yes that is true. It entails working out your salvation.If you love God,all these things you will do.If you are still growing(babe)of cos you will be guided to do these thins !See what Paul is saying concerning this very one:''And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.''-Romans 12:2.- It was not all these that brought the salvation but the GRACE THROUGH FAITH in the BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST !
[b]Let us not be liars ! we are not perfect-
Very true.No man is perfect.No church (denomination)is perfect.We may be like HIM(jesus)but the perfection comes when HE will be back for us.Infact see what the bible says concerning this one:1 John 3:2-''Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.''-
God bless you and thank you so very much for the wonderful session (bible discussion with me)!
God help us all
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Ubenedictus(m): 11:41am On Feb 24, 2013
digospel2: [b]Sin is sin of a truth.[/[/size]b][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt] All unrighteosness is sin means you are either right or wrong in your actions and every wrong doing amount to sin. The wages(reward) for sin is death(spiritual) Romans 6:23. God in I Samuel 15:23 ,classify rebellion,witchcraft,stubborness,iniquity and idolatry as one that is equal sin. Likewise Galatians 5:19 - 21, grouped all sin as works of the flesh that can hinder one from inheriting His kingdom. once you miss the kingdom of God you are heading to hell which is the second and final death. So please, don't be deceived; stealing a cup of garri carries the same penalty with armed robbery and abortion leading the sinner to hell(death). It is the old law that group sin for death and those not for death e.g. adultery attract stoning to death. Therefore get understanding when the Bible make reference to the old law and know what the new law prescribe. REPENT FROM ALL SIN FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.
so john was preaching the old law abi
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2013
m.k.o2005:

NO ! I'm not a pastor but i have passion for the word of God.'I listen to all men of God'and i go straight to the word of God to check out their word vs the word of God !
I worship with Redeemed Christian Church of God ! But i dnt follow any of my church doctrines that contradict the word of God. Though I'm watching out if i will see any tomorow. There is no perfect church ! But when Christ comes,the church will be made perfect.The bible say we(True Christians) Shall see Christ and live and shall be like HIM(PERFECT)
God bless you
I equally attend RCCG but I have a few teachings/doctrines I dont quite agree with. I prefer to believe in what I see in the Bible as I underdtand it.

Would love to have your opinion on the following threads:
www.nairaland.com/863724/tithes-offerings-first-fruits-apply

www.nairaland.com/862598/tattoo-body-evil

www.nairaland.com/1206247/why-call-pastors-father-when#14469024

www.nairaland.com/884830/jesus-wept-john-11-35

Stay blessed.
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Ubenedictus(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lxgking: Gud write up, but So in conclusion, wat u re meaning is that, SOME SINS RE SIN, bt NOT ALL SINS RE SIN...my conclusion nw dear, is dat sin is sin...nd if u re of d mindset dat u re doin a small sin, while others re doin greater sin,so God in his infinite mercy would mayb overlook urs or send u 2 purgatory(small hell), then u re on a longtin, because d bible made us 2 understand dat 1sin leads 2 manysins nd dat no stain would be allowed into d kingdom of God(no mata how small), so my dears, we shuld be careful of how we think nd reason, nd ask God 4 4giveness of our every sin(no mata how CLAIMED big or small), do u pple even know hw many times we commit adultery everyday of ourlives( MATTHEW 5:27-30), nd u my dears re here giving pathetic excuses of ur small nd big sins, wat madness nd stupidity,be careful; O' HOLY FATHER.. "FOR EVERYONE HAVE SINED AND IS FAR AWAY FROM GOD'S SAVING PRESENCE"(romans 3:23.) ...our arguing nd weak nd excuseful minds can also rephrase it dat "for all who committed GREAT sin has sinned nd ar far away 4rm god's saving grace" an in so doin committed sin by changing d word of God, 2 suit his own purpose, so my dear, LETS BE CAREFUL OF HOW WE THINK...note that am a catholic also....tank u nd God bless.
d write never said some are sins and others arent he simply showed u that even d bible classify sins
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by Ubenedictus(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
m.k.o2005:

this is undastandable, salvation is by faith but the bible makes it clear that our reward is by works

1 Like

Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
Re: Not Every Sin Leads To Hell by FXKing2012(m): 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^^ What is sick is when Christians are not well informed thus wallowing in ignorance .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Re-marriage When Ones Spouse Is Still Alive..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.