Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,283 members, 7,815,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Marriage Is Not Based On Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Not Based On Love (2556 Views)

Ladies STOP Selecting Men, Based On Where They Work. / Ask A Retired Womanizer Any Question On Love, Sex & Marriage. / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Not Based On Love by TRUESAINT1(m): 2:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Hello people, i started a new blog on love matters. I want to have your opinion on this topic "Marriage Is Not Based On Love". And when i say Love, i mean Agape (God's kind of love). Love is very basic and has it's reach far beyond marriage.

I don't intend to say much, what is your view on this. Please write your comments, i would reply them as soon as i can.

You which to see the article on "Marriage Is Not Based On Love", you can check out on my blog.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by braine(m): 2:25am On Jan 25, 2013
Everything is based on love, marriage inclusive. Maybe you should explain how you came to your conclusion.
Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by bisi16(m): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2013
braine: Everything is based on love, marriage inclusive. Maybe you should explain how you came to your conclusion.
Marriage to me shld be based on understandn btwn 2pple, not luv... If u luv each other bt dnt undstand each other, na wahala..
Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
Although love is a very strong factor that holds marriage, i personally believe that marriage should not be based only on love but more on commitment. It is a known thing that what we feel and call love will still fade after some times.what keeps a marriage going at that point is commitment to make each other happy, to be faithful to each other and to be their for each other.
Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 26, 2013
OP,ur on point. I hav heard many ppl especially older women like my mum say it is not based on love . I quite agree cos y else would a lady date a guy for five years n get married to another she barely met a month ago? Afterall,love isn't blind,dis goes a longway to show dat ppl get married as a result of COMPATIBILITY. Notin more,notin less! Peace out!!
Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by TRUESAINT1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
braine: Everything is based on love, marriage inclusive. Maybe you should explain how you came to your conclusion.

Love is very foundational. And it is because of this same reason that marriage can not find it's shelter under love. Love is required for every and love relationships. A mother and daughter relationship requires love. Love is required among friends. The bible even admonishes us love our enemies. It's true that love is even required in a marital home among husband and wife. So, to limit love to marriage and say that marriage should be based on love, it inappropriate. I'm not saying love is not required, but i'm saying that another unique reason should be the foundation of a marriage.

When i say, marriage is not based on love, the point i'm coming from is that; Love is not the required element to make a marital union lasting. This is quite different from the reason you should get married.

I would like to share with you my thought on what should be the true foundation for marriage, but i don't want to be ahead of myself. I promise to come back to this page to update the post. Meanwhile, you can check out the blog article on "Marriage is not based on Love" from my blog.
Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by TRUESAINT1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
amourpure: Although love is a very strong factor that holds marriage, i personally believe that marriage should not be based only on love but more on commitment. It is a known thing that what we feel and call love will still fade after some times.what keeps a marriage going at that point is commitment to make each other happy, to be faithful to each other and to be their for each other.

I love the angle you are coming from Amourpure. The bases of marriage should be on commitment. You made those marital vows 2 stick with each other no matter what. Marriage is about remebering those vows and staying committed 2 each other.

What a question I would like ask is, what are u really committed 2? Is a marriage of 2 people, fighting and bearly trying 2 manage each day as it comes, a successful marriage? After all, they are committed 2 staying it through better or worse?
Re: Marriage Is Not Based On Love by TRUESAINT1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
amourpure: Although love is a very strong factor that holds marriage, i personally believe that marriage should not be based only on love but more on commitment. It is a known thing that what we feel and call love will still fade after some times.what keeps a marriage going at that point is commitment to make each other happy, to be faithful to each other and to be their for each other.

I love the angle you are coming from Amourpure. The bases of marriage should be on commitment. You made those marital vows 2 stick with each other no matter what. Marriage is about remebering those vows and staying committed 2 each other.

A question I would like ask is, what are u really committed 2? Is a marriage of 2 people, fighting and bearly trying 2 manage each day as it comes, a successful marriage? After all, they are committed 2 staying it through better or worse?

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Burial / Can This Feeling Be True? / Can You Be With Your Dream Lady? Check Yourself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.