Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees (38818 Views)

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH / A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / 87 Students Bag First Class In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 28, 2013
musiwa14: Do you still support goodluck

FIRST PIX IS MECH ENGR WORKSHOP, THEN CROP SCIENCE/ANIMAL SCIENCE/SOIL SCIENCE. FROM THE SAME SOURCE U POSTED DID U NOT SEE THE FFG OR ARE U SO FIXATED ON PAINTING UNN IN BAD LIGHT?

BIOTECHNOLOGY CENTER
NEVERMIND
COMPUTER LAB WITH OVER 400 SEATING CAPABILITY
SENIOR STAFF CLUB HOUSE FOR STAFF RECREATION
ALL PIXES POSTED SO FAR ARE FROM NSUKKA CAMPUS ALONE, NONE FROM UNEC, ABA.

IT PAINS ME THAT I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MORE PIXES ESPECIALLY FROM CLASSROOMS AND AUDITORIUMS AROUND THE SCHOOL.
THE 18K CUTS ACCROSS SEVERAL CAMPUSES AND SCHOOLS AFFILIATED TO UNN LIKE ALVAN IKOKU, UMUDIKE, IKERE EKITI E.T.C SO STOP BEATING YOUR SELF UP. YOU HAVENT RESPONDED TO THE UNILAG STATS I POSTED EARLIER, JUST LOOKING FOR IGBO TO BASH. SMHFU. AGENT OF DESTABILIZATION. WHO SENT U TO ATTACK PROF. NEBO? SORRY ENH! TELL THEM U FAILED. THE MAN'S NOMINATION HAS ALREADY BEEN APPROVED, SO GO HANG!

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 28, 2013
musiwa14: Do you still support goodluck

FIRST PIX IS MECH ENGR WORKSHOP, THEN CROP SCIENCE/ANIMAL SCIENCE/SOIL SCIENCE. FROM THE SAME SOURCE U POSTED DID U NOT SEE THE FFG OR ARE U SO FIXATED ON PAINTING UNN IN BAD LIGHT?

BIOTECHNOLOGY CENTER
NEVERMIND
COMPUTER LAB WITH OVER 400 SEATING CAPABILITY
SENIOR STAFF CLUB HOUSE FOR STAFF RECREATION
ALL PIXES POSTED SO FAR ARE FROM NSUKKA CAMPUS ALONE, NONE FROM UNEC, ABA.

IT PAINS ME THAT I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MORE PIXES ESPECIALLY FROM CLASSROOMS AND AUDITORIUMS AROUND THE SCHOOL.
THE 18K CUTS ACCROSS SEVERAL CAMPUSES AND SCHOOLS AFFILIATED TO UNN LIKE ALVAN IKOKU, UMUDIKE, IKERE EKITI E.T.C SO STOP BEATING YOUR SELF UP. YOU HAVENT RESPONDED TO THE UNILAG STATS I POSTED EARLIER, JUST LOOKING FOR IGBO TO BASH. SMHFU. AGENT OF DESTABILIZATION. WHO SENT U TO ATTACK PROF. NEBO? SORRY ENH! TELL THEM U FAILED. THE MAN'S NOMINATION HAS ALREADY BEEN APPROVED, SO GO HANG!

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by lonelydora: 5:12am On Jan 28, 2013
UNN is a school where there is virtually no social life. Go to UNN (both campuses) and see their population. When i was there, Diploma students alone are about 15,000. That number of 116 1st class is even small compare to the way students read their books. GREAT LIONS AND LIONESSES!!! I miss all the OKPA Nsukka and FRANCO Hostel Life(barking like dogs for 'Tankers')

2 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by caesarjayjay: 5:57am On Jan 28, 2013
musiwa14: You can see from the video, that a first class student to be from UNN , that can not speak english well and listen to her..

And Goodluck just reward the man who made the life this students this way... minister..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvkPZm4YYc

You are a bloody lying retard! Open your ears wide. That is a matriculating student not a convocating student. She is only talking about her dreams

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by calcal: 7:41am On Jan 28, 2013
first class or pass their IQ remain same as H-school.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Tinablack: 7:46am On Jan 28, 2013
Idacrux:
shut up ur mouth,what did u know abt. lions/lionesses in d great den.....u can't even scaled through unn post-ume let alone becoming a lion.the standard of unn is still on point and unn is the only uni. dat promotes her staffs/students with meritocracy...hail versity of nigeria for the sake of truths.

Sorry, did I jst hear a Goat bleat? Wuld nt want 2 indulge in E-fight wit U. I dnt nid u 2 agree wit me.

AND SHUT D BLEEP UP!
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Tinablack: 8:06am On Jan 28, 2013
Nwa Anambra: A UNN graduate is always ahead of you NATURALLY.

NATURALLY nt ACADEMICALLY. U said it urself.

Belive it or nt,UNN s living on her Past Glory!

V bn der often. Ibiam hostel s more like my 2nd home. I knw UNN beta sweet.

Nd STOP fooling ur self. UNN s no longer wat it used 2 b.

Its jst d skeletal remains we c.

Ds days d so called lions abi lioness no longer roar in d society dae BLEAT.

Take it or leave it.
U dnt av 2 agree wit Me...

NB) hell helps u, u abuse me. I will send u on exile wit words.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by eaglechild: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2013
Tinablack:

NATURALLY nt ACADEMICALLY. U said it urself.

Belive it or nt,UNN s living on her Past Glory!

V bn der often. Ibiam hostel s more like my 2nd home. I knw UNN beta sweet.

Nd STOP fooling ur self. UNN s no longer wat it used 2 b.

Its jst d skeletal remains we c.

Ds days d so called lions abi lioness no longer roar in d society dae BLEAT.

Take it or leave it.
U dnt av 2 agree wit Me...

NB) hell helps u, u abuse me. I will send u on exile wit words.
Slow down pretty
Don't get so bitter about being refused admission.
Just forget about the past and move on.
Everyone musn't be a lion/lioness.
Just be contempt with what you have and God will surely bless you.
If you still want to be a lioness, just work harder or consider a PGD, there is nothing hardwork and determination cannot do.
Bend down study harder and you'll make it.

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by SimplySEA(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2013
musiwa14: either matriculating or not. she cant speak english.... that should be a concern for anyone..

many graduate from there too , have the same problem..

31 1st Class Students Out Of 5,556 Graduates In University Of Ilorin by darilldrems: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
he University of Ilorin made history again as it produced the highest number of first class graduates in the history of the institution during the 2011/2012 academic session.

This was contained in a speech delivered by the immediate past vice chancellor, Professor Is-haq Oloyede, recently, during an interactive session with the press at the university auditorium. The immediate past vice chancellor also disclosed that the university produced the highest number of Ph.D. degrees during the same academic session...

Continue Reading at http://universitiesofnigeria.com/31-1st-class-students-out-of-5556-graduates/
na wa o. Na so first class de easy....?
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by alpattini(m): 8:58am On Jan 28, 2013
I think that the number of graduated student comprised that of their affiliate schools like Alvan Ikoku College of Education, One in Nise in Anambra State, etc.
UNN is not that type of school that advertised by awarding un-deserved students with first class honors.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Tinablack: 9:08am On Jan 28, 2013
eaglechild:
Slow down pretty
Don't get so bitter about being refused admission.
Just forget about the past and move on.
Everyone musn't be a lion/lioness.
Just be contempt with what you have and God will surely bless you.
If you still want to be a lioness, just work harder or consider a PGD, there is nothing hardwork and determination cannot do.
Bend down study harder and you'll make it.

Funny, I ws already a graduate nd studyn 4 my masters wen I startd visitn unec

So sweetheart, kindly tink b4 u spew.

D truth tho bita must b told.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2013
babyosisi: [size=28pt]Great Lions and Lionesses![/size]

Where are the lions and lionesses in the house?
did you just call me grin

2 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Funjosh(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2013
I wish them goodluck and patient.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 28, 2013
Miss Roseline oluchukwu Ejindu of department of electronic engineering emerged the best graduating student for the 2011/2012 session.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by eaglechild: 10:19am On Jan 28, 2013
Tinablack:

Funny, I ws already a graduate nd studyn 4 my masters wen I startd visitn unec

So sweetheart, kindly tink b4 u spew.

D truth tho bita must b told.
I'm happy for you pretty.
If you still have any fixation on UNN you can consider a PHD there.
Have to warn you though they are very picky and your grades must be impressive.
Don't want you to be bitten twice.

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
al_pattini: I think that the number of graduated student comprised that of their affiliate schools like Alvan Ikoku College of Education, One in Nise in Anambra State, etc.
UNN is not that type of school that advertised by awarding un-deserved students with first class honors.

Leave the slow pokes. I just posted figures from unilag and ibadan and nobody is complaining, but unn, everybody p.r.ick dey stand. The slowpoke called musiwa would post pixes from a new futminna that was built the other day and none from his Unillorin. How convienient! Address the stats first before anything else.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
Some background for those who wish to know. The bolded are the main campuses which do not include affilliates like fed coagric umudike, alvan ikoku college of edu, coed ikere ekiti, e.t.c. So the figure of 18k+ can be justified if you take all these campuses and institutes into cognizance. Mind you the figure includes degrees and diplomas e.t.c.

...The University has four campuses – Nsukka (University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN), Enugu (University of Nigeria Enugu campus, UNEC), Ituku-Ozalla (University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH) and Aba (University of Nigeria Aba campus, UNAC).

The main campus of the University is located on 871 hectares of hilly savannah in the town of Nsukka, about eighty kilometres north of Enugu, and enjoys a very pleasant and healthy climate. Additionally 209 hectares of arable land are available for an experimental agricultural farm and 207 hectares for staff housing development. There is regular road transport between Nsukka and Enugu, and Nsukka is also quite easily accessible from all parts of Nigeria. There are modern shopping facilities and a large market in Nsukka town. The Nsukka campus houses the Faculties of Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Education, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Veterinary Medicine.

The former Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Enugu, was incorporated into the University in 1961, and its buildings now form the Enugu Campus (200 hectares) of the University located in the heart of Enugu, the administrative capital of Enugu State of Nigeria. Enugu is a modern city, accessible by air, rail and road. The Faculties of Business Administration, Environmental Studies, Law and Medical Sciences are located at the Enugu Campus.

The teaching hospital (UNTH) attached to the University is presently sited at Ituku-Ozalla (25 kilometres south of Enugu) on a 500 hectare site. It also hosts the Faculty of Dentistry and Health Sciences and Technology.

The Aba campus (UNAC) hosts the Institute of Nigerian Languages.

A former campus was opened in October 1973 in Calabar, Cross River State. The campus at Calabar became a full-fledged University of Calabar in October 1977.

The official name of the University is University of Nigeria[7] and the official acronym of the name UNN. "UN" stands for University while the last "N" stands for Nigeria. This acronym is also shared by the main campus of the University, Nsukka (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). Thus technically, the name University of Nigeria, Nsukka refers to the main campus at Nsukka only while the name University of Nigeria refers to all the campuses of the University. References may be made to the location of the other campuses by mentioning the names of the cities where they are situate rather than a blanket description with the name Nsukka. Students at the Enugu Campus prefer to write the name of their school as University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC)[8] if they must add the location of their school. Students from other campuses of the school also prefer same. Official documents of the school describes the school as simply University of Nigeria. They also make the dichotomy when referring to different campuses of the school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Nigeria,_Nsukka
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
Some notable alumni from the school

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_notable_faculty_and_alumni_from_the_University_of_Nigeria,_Nsukka

Alumni
Lam Adesina, Governor of Oyo State, Nigeria (1999–2003)
Akpan Isemin, Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria (1992–1993)
Dora Akunyili, Federal Minister of Information and Communication, Nigeria (2008–2010) and Director-General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)(2001 – )
Sullivan Chime, Governor of Enugu State, Nigeria (2007 – date)
Glory Chuku, former MBGN
Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President, Nigeria
Joy Emodi, Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra North Senatorial Zone, Anambra State) 2003 -
Obiageli Ezekwesili, Vice President (Africa Region), World Bank and Federal Minister of Education (2006–2007) and Solid Minerals Development (2005–2006), Nigeria
Aituaje Iruobe (WAJE), singer and songwriter
Ousman Jammeh, Gambian Foreign Minister (2009–2010)
Marcia Kure, artist
Gregory Ngaji, Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Cross River North Senatorial constituency, Cross River) 2003 - 2011
Chris Ngige, Governor of Anambra State, Nigeria (2003–2007) and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra State, Anambra Central Senatorial District), 2011 – date
Chimaroke Nnamani, Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Enugu East Senatorial District, Enugu State) and Governor of Enugu State (1999–2007)
Okwesilieze Nwodo, Governor of Enugu State, Nigeria (1992 – 1993)
Jide Obi, former singer
Peter Obi, Governor of Anambra State, Nigeria (2006 – date)
Peter Odili, Governor of Rivers State, Nigeria (1999–2007)
Olu Oguibe, Professor of Art and African-American Studies and interim Director of the Institute for African American Studies at the University of Connecticut, Storrs
Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs, Nigeria; MBGN 1988, Miss Intercontinental 1989
Chris Okotie, Televangelist and pastor of the Household of God Church International Ministries
Jacob K. Olupona, Professor of African Religious Traditions and Chair of the Committee on African studies at the Harvard Divinity School with a joint appointment as Professor of African and African American Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University
Zack Orji, actor
Fabian Osuji, former Federal Minister of Education
Oserheimen Osunbor, Governor of Edo State, Nigeria (2007–2008) and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Edo State, Edo Central Senatorial District), 1999–2007
Arunma Oteh, Director-General, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria and Vice-President for Corporate Services, African Development Bank Group (AfDB) (2006–2009)
Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Governor Central Bank of Nigeria (2004–2009)
Niki Tobi, Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Nigeria (2002–2010)
Obiora Udechukwu, head, Fine Arts Department, St. Lawrence University, New York
Patrick Utomi, Presidential candidate for the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in the Nigerian April 2007 elections and former Director of the Center for Applied Economics, Lagos Business School, Pan African University
Uzo, New York based film director and producer

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
Osita Onuma, an alumnus of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, was the overall best graduating postgraduate student at the Imperial College and the entire University of London with an aggregate of 98.85 on a 100-point scale in the 1998/99.

http://theeconomyng.com/news72.html

The Guardian, News
Saturday, April 29 , 2000
Obasanjo hails Nigerian genius

>From Emeka Nwankpa, Abuja

PRESIDENT Olusegun Obasanjo has congratulated Mr.
Osita Onuma, a Nigerian who recorded the best academic
result at the Imperial College of Science, Technology
and Medicine, University of London.

Following Onuma's feat which is said to be
unprecedented in the history of the 124-year-old
institution, the President has directed Nigeria's High
Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Prince Bola
Ajibola, to attend the University's convocation on May
6, where Onuma would deliver a valedictory address as
the best student.

The Nigerian, a post-graduate student, scored 98.85 on
a scale of 100 points. He was also said to have scored
4.96 out of 5 points, during his undergraduate
programme at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

In his April 22 letter to Onuma, the President asked
him to call personally on him in Abuja whenever he
(Onuma) returned home, for a personal congratulation.

According to Obasanjo, Onuma's performance has proven
that quality would always triumph despite odds that
seemed insurmountable.

He added that Onuma was a role model whose
achievements would certainly inspire all Nigerians to
success in their different endeavours.

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.nigeria/browse_thread/thread/efc1876683dfe2f4/e04badff837a194c%3Fq%3D%2522Osita%2BOnuma%2522%23e04badff837a194c&ei=iGwTS6eaOpW8Qpmqic0O&sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&source=groups&usg=AFQjCNEU-BtN7P4hE5esGzw6BlcVJkTHIA?pli=1

http://www.african-spectrum.com/2000/06/front/f1.html
http://nigeriaworld.com/letters/0715400.html
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
A school living in past glory wouldnt produce an outstanding student like Osita, would it?

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
@Musiwa
UNEC library alone is bigger than your entire unilorin library. No accomodation at all in unilorin where 34,000 students would be grappling for 3000 bed spaces

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/education/unilorin-hostels-for-only-8-8-of-students/

http://www.punchng.com/news/34000-unilorin-students-vie-for-3000-bed-spaces/

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
mekula: @Musiwa
UNEC library alone is bigger than your entire unilorin library. No accomodation at all in unilorin where 34,000 students would be grappling for 3000 bed spaces

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/education/unilorin-hostels-for-only-8-8-of-students/

http://www.punchng.com/news/34000-unilorin-students-vie-for-3000-bed-spaces/

Mekula, you're doing great on the thread.
Good job! Keep it up.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
Why do Nigerian universities look so horribly out of place? Jeez! There is a reason why the students can not come up with good research works and projects. Wow! Something needs to be done to put the whole institutions on right footing.

That UNN images are disturbing to say the least.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Mekula, you're doing great on the thread.
Good job! Keep it up.

Dont mind the maggot! coming here to talk nonsense and posting pixes of old blocks. The newer ones that litter the school nko? I have not even posted several pixes of the numerous lecture theatres and auditoriums plus other landmarks because I cant find pixes anywhere. Those who are in the school now(UNN) can help me update the half-baked unilorin alumnus on happenings there so he doesnt mislead other Nairalanders. They keep talking about past glory to encourage themselves whereas graduates from UNN are steadily whooping ass. The authorities of the school are striving hard to maintain that standard and it aint easy given the prevailing economic and social conditions.

pls musiwa add this to your homework;

Joel Nwakire develops biodiesel from jatropha plant. Mind you Joel Nwakaire received an award in the Young Professionals in Science Competition category organized by the African Union in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He won the first prize in this category. he just graduated from UNN in 2004. Go figure!

http://www.kumatoo.com/joel_nwakaire.html
http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/?p=4036
The recent report of the development of bio-diesel from vegetable oil by a student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, (UNN), Joel Nwakaire, is cheering. His achievement, which involved the cracking of a problem which was reported to have baffled Rudolf Diesel, who developed the diesel engine, as far back as 1912, aptly testifies to the heights that Nigerian researchers can attain if given the right research environment.

Diesel researched into the use of vegetable oil from peanuts to drive motor vehicles and other mechanical engines, but Nwakaire, of the Department of Agricultural and Bio-resource Engineering, used non-consumable vegetables like Jatrophan and algae to produce what may be Nigeria’s first bio-diesel.

He used a scientific refining process called verification to scale the obstacle of viscosity and clogging of the oil. The refining process has been reported to be simple, functional, easily replicated, affordable and environmentally-friendly. The breakthrough won a star award in a competition in Kenya, recently.

Nwakaire’s feat, however, brings to the fore the neglect of and disinterest of our science and technology authorities in the research endeavours and products of aspiring and established Nigerian scientists.
All too frequently, we read in the newspapers of Nigerians developing or inventing one useful product or the other, but nothing is seen to be done by the relevant government agencies to perfect and commercialize the inventions for public use thereafter.

This, undoubtedly, is a dampener that reduces the passion of scientists for creative endeavours. Many of such inventions announced in newspapers, become nine-day wonders, and are soon forgotten. The majority of the inventors eventually abandon the products in frustration, for more profitable ventures. This should not be so. There is the need for the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology and other relevant agencies to support Nigerians who demonstrate technological and scientific ingenuity to perfect their products for commercial utilization.

This is very important for a country that is in dire need of genuine technological revolution. Nigeria should not forever be a consumer of technological products from other countries. The government should provide an enabling environment for researchers to thrive and facilitate all necessary wherewithals to perfect developed products.

The Science and Technology Ministry should liaise with the engineering, science and technology departments of universities and polytechnics to ensure that credible and genuine research efforts are supported as is done in the developed countries.

Students who demonstrate strong aptitude for technical research and development should be granted scholarships to universities in the developed countries to further develop their research and technical skills. Thereafter, such students should be empowered to return to the country to perfect their inventions and adapt them for commercial production and usage.

The government needs to be sincere in its support for technical entrepreneurial development. Our research institutes should explore the potentialities of these inventions, support them and come up with definitive statements on their relevance to encourage other scientists.

Corporate organizations should also be involved in supporting the development and perfection of genuine scientific and technological breakthroughs. The present tendency towards the tremendous support for music, dance and other aspects of the creative arts by corporate organizations should be extended to technology development.

These companies should strive to support intellectual endeavours, and not limit their horizon to only areas in which they can pull crowds and reap immediate financial returns. Corporate social responsibility should be extended to the support of research and development of technical products to create world-class goods that can yield huge returns for all Nigerians and possibly boost exports. The government and corporate organizations should not be narrow-minded and shortsighted in the choice of ventures that they support but aim at backing endeavours that can move the nation forward.

We also urge the Departments of Entrepreneural Studies in the universities and polytechnics to take more than a passing interest in inventions emerging from engineering and science departments. There should be some synergy between the departments with the objective of perfecting the products for commercial use.
We commend Joel Nwakaire on his accomplishment. He, in conjunction with his department, should go a step further by approaching institutions and agencies that could help in perfecting his dream of powering motor vehicles and other mechanical engines with locally produced bio-diesel.

Nwakaire’s venture is indeed worthwhile. With dwinding revenue from petroleum exports and the rising cost of the product locally, any effort to develop an alternative to petrol is welcome and should be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
all4naija: Why do Nigerian universities look so horribly out of place? Jeez! There is a reason why the students can not come up with good research works and projects. Wow! Something needs to be done put the whole institutions on right footing.

That UNN images are disturbing to say the least.

I hope the above post addresses ur concerns. Forget about bad belle images musiwa posted. All schools in Nigeria and many developed countries still have old blocks, some for historic significance.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
mekula:

I hope the above post addresses ur concerns. Forget about bad belle images musiwa posted. All schools in Nigeria and many developed countries still have old blocks, some for historic significance.
Old blocks is not an excuse. I am talking about the deplorable states of Nigerian universities infrastructure. Stop accepting the least! The UNN is a dusty environment in those photos.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 30, 2013
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by adim2(m): 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
I hate it when some people sit behind τheir computers and type nonsense.
Some r of the notion that a UNN graduate cannot compete with uniilorin graduate (i laugh in chinese). I am currently serving in Abia state and i see the dull students ilorin r producing and they r comparing themselves with a UNN graduate. Funny enough this secondary schools Are the first to attack the first five generation universities. Even FUTO students too are online and even running their mouths. For your information we are doing great and if Ɣøû think the lions are still leaving on past glory and first class is been purchased in UNN, we challenge you to an intellectual battle. Please choose the venue and place. Tell us your school and department. We still have people representing.

And if u r so sure of ur school post names of current and past alumni and i bet you, if your school do not fall in the bracket of the first generation schools we will triple the names for you. With our current and past alumni

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by bigfrancis21: 12:03am On Jan 31, 2013
adim2: I hate it when some people sit behind τheir computers and type nonsense.
Some r of the notion that a UNN graduate cannot compete with uniilorin graduate (i laugh in chinese). I am currently serving in Abia state and i see the dull students ilorin r producing and they r comparing themselves with a UNN graduate. Funny enough this secondary schools Are the first to attack the first five generation universities. Even FUTO students too are online and even running their mouths. For your information we are doing great and if Ɣøû think the lions are still leaving on past glory and first class is been purchased in UNN, we challenge you to an intellectual battle. Please choose the venue and place. Tell us your school and department. We still have people representing.

And if u r so sure of ur school post names of current and past alumni and i bet you, if your school do not fall in the bracket of the first generation schools we will triple the names for you. With our current and past alumni

Daalu nwanne m. In fact, nalu aka!
As for those doubting the 18,000 figure, I have the UNN 42nd Convocation Ceremony brochure bearing all the names of the graduands, their respective degrees, and colleges! While going through the brochure I was surprised to learn that there are more than 5 campuses affiliated to UNN than I earlier thought. Even the College of Education Ikere-Ekiti and Yaba College of Technology, located in far-away Yoruba land! I mean this phenomenon is unprecedented! Interestingly, all these graduands from these far-away colleges, plus the UNN ones, will all obtain the mighty UNN certificate that speaks volumes! How cool that is. That's the d0pe!
Now tell me Musiwa, how many other universities in Nigeria has many colleges affiliated to it? How many affiliations can U Ilorin boast off? Yet you come here running your mouth. It will take donkey's years for UIlorin to get to where UNN is today, intellectually, structurally, globally and what have you. Come to Nsukka campus and see the massive development taking place under the leadership of Prof. Bartho Okolo. He's firing on from where Prof. Nebo stopped.
If you have many colleges all over the country, including the ones in the slums of your village, tirelessly scrambling to join UNN, what does that tell you? UNN isn't living in their past glory after all.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by adim2(m): 7:17am On Jan 31, 2013
Tanx bro.

I get upset when some people prematurely concludes that UNN are living on past glory and yet we are bringing out young men and women who are making nigerian's proud. And when they start hearing our own names, their children will simply tell our children that UNN is living on past glory. What a myopic view. Aroma the first person to win ten million on who wants to be a millionaire is an alumni of UNN. he is not even among first 10,000 great lions and lionesses that the school has produced and is still producing.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 31, 2013
mekula: A school living in past glory wouldnt produce an outstanding student like Osita, would it?

This has nothing to do with UNN, the student is simply brilliant.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by babblu91: 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
hi simpleseyi you online now
anybody having oracle 10g dumps
i need to write it by this week can u send me the
latest dumps for iz0001, iz0042, iz0043

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / Prisons Are Better Than Our Hostels - OAU Students Cry Out (pictured) / Computer Science Lab In UNIBEN: Before & After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.