Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:26 PM

116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees (39351 Views)

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH / A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / 87 Students Bag First Class In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Some courses are 5 years some 6yrs.

Student population reduces as you go higher cos people drop out carryover etc

If Final year is 18,000 then Year one/Matriculating students would be like 40,000

Check the link I posted for US University population and its nowhere near that figure

@dayokanu, 18000 is actually the total number of graduands across the board.

Interesting how someone who picks up a certificate after even a week-long course, at any university, is now considered a graduate (note: I am thinking about Tyra Banks of Harvard and some well known Nigerian politicians here grin)

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
they will say is igbo bashing.. but if i was the president, and i wanted to pick a VC from the east, i would have picked the VC of Enugu state university of technology who got kidnap because i look at the school. and i notice that during the period he was VC, he upgraded the school facilities. It shows he has a heart for what he does .. and not prof Nedo who did little to nothing for UNN as VC.. so it is not about Igbo bashing..
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
Musiwa concentrate on the thread at hand
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Interesting how someone who picks up a certificate after even a week-long course, at any university, is now considered a graduate (note: I am thinking about Tyra Banks of Harvard and some well known Nigerian politicians here grin)

Oh yes

Thanks for unravelling the mystery
Certificates and diplomas are included
That explains it
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
31 1st Class Students Out Of 5,556 Graduates In University Of Ilorin by darilldrems: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
The University of Ilorin made history again as it produced the highest number of first class graduates in the history of the institution during the 2011/2012 academic session.

This was contained in a speech delivered by the immediate past vice chancellor, Professor Is-haq Oloyede, recently, during an interactive session with the press at the university auditorium. The immediate past vice chancellor also disclosed that the university produced the highest number of Ph.D. degrees during the same academic session...

Continue Reading at http://universitiesofnigeria.com/31-1st-class-students-out-of-5556-graduates/
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
Trivia :Do you know that University of Calabar started off as a campus of UNN?
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Reading the original post didnt suggest so cos I thought it was a newspaper error all along. Cos Higher degrees dont usually have first class, 2-1, 2-2 classification I hope I am right

He said that out of 18,150 graduates, 116 excelled in First Class, 4,405 made 2nd Class Upper Division; 10,048 made 2nd Class Lower Division and 2,633 went home with 3rd Class.

The certificate, Diploma in conflict resolution, Certificate in pleasing your husband, Diploma in turning water to plamy might be the reason

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
the way , they do it in the university of ilorin.. then, was to have foreign examiners from the USA or UK grade us. this is how we were been grade, those days. mostly visting professors from UK or USA.

This is why they could only graduated 200 students of 500 students from engineering.
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
[size=28pt]Great Lions and Lionesses![/size]

Where are the lions and lionesses in the house?

7 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
musiwa14: the way , they do it in the university of ilorin.. then, was to have foreign examiners from the USA or UK grade us. this is how we were been grade, those days. mostly visting professors from UK or USA

And you are laughing at someone's English
Chai Musiwa nna a

3 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
babyosisi:

And you are laughing at someone's English
Chai Musiwa nna a
i don laugh tire for here maka chukwu! grin grin grin
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
berem: i don laugh tire for here maka chukwu! grin grin grin

O di kwa egwu my sister
See musiwa that speaks cut and join with his "is and was , do and does" climbing on top of one another grin grin grin grin
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
slowpoke, i just write shiit on the internet..

The way, they grade us, when i was in the university of ilorin. They mail out our exam papers to foreign examiners from the USA or UK to grade the student of engineering. I dont know how they do it now.. But then, that was how it was done.
That way, we meet international standard and so that the prof are not bias.

Is that not the way, they do it in UNN...

2 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
musiwa14: slowpoke, i just write shiit on the internet..

The way, they grade us, when i was in the university of ilorin. They mail out our exam papers to foreign examiners from the USA or UK to grade the student of engineering. I dont know how they do it now.. But then, that was how it was done.

grin

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by FLEXnDO: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2013

Ok,I have read cautiously while smh,I think its time to clear things up.

Last year unn graduated 10k students and 81 firstclass,I was shocked so I went further to know why the huge number of graduate.

During my investigation I found out that the actual graduate for unn and unec were about 4000,and the extra 6000?

Were from their abia state campus " and an affiliated college of education" I think alvan ikoko college of education.

Alvan is a colledge of education affiliated to unn and they graduate 2geda.to clear ur doubt ,musiwa I think u should go look for the graduating souvenir and see those graduating.
Faculty of education(inclusive alvan)has more than 70 percent of the total graduates.

No more blind argument musiwa.
Case closed!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by FLEXnDO: 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2013

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
why are you telling lies.. I have look at the university, when one of the prof, does not know how to speak english well... You notice I complain when Goodluck appointed Prof Nebo.. I complain because I believe he lack the capability to handle the set position and the fact is , I look at the University facilitics and compare it with the rest of Nigeria. I notice, it looks like they have been stealing all the money sent to that university.

And i dont see the logic in sending a prof from that school who was suppose to fix the problem and could not as a minister. This is one of the reason. And the other was the fact that , he is mechanical engineer and not electrical engineer.

And if Prof Nedo did a bad job been the VC of UNN, he will do a bad job as minister. This is why I would oppose him becoming a minister. I think there are many prof who can be minister, but it should be based on merit..

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
when you look at first generation universities in Nigeria.. It shows all of the money sent to UNN have been stolen over many years...
This Is UI, Ife, ABU..

You will notice, some school manage their money well, some school stole the money.

This just one campus of the university of ilorin. It has second campus, which I did not attend. So i do not have its pictures..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCOzrUc5YYo

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
FLEX n DO!:

Ok,I have read cautiously while smh,I think its time to clear things up.

Last year unn graduated 10k students and 81 firstclass,I was shocked so I went further to know why the huge number of graduate.

During my investigation I found out that the actual graduate for unn and unec were about 4000,and the extra 6000?

Were from their abia state campus " and an affiliated college of education" I think alvan ikoko college of education.

Alvan is a colledge of education affiliated to unn and they graduate 2geda.to clear ur doubt ,musiwa I think u should go look for the graduating souvenir and see those graduating.
Faculty of education(inclusive alvan)has more than 70 percent of the total graduates.

We are now talking This sounds so logical and makes more sense

3 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Sibrah: 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
@musiwa, if Goodluck can leave Bayelsa in the condition he left it to become Nigeria's best ever 'Presido' . . . why can't the former UNN VC do same?
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
Sibrah: @musiwa, if Goodluck can leave Bayelsa in the condition he left it to become Nigeria's best ever 'Presido' . . . why can't the former UNN VC do same?

You may want to read the thread below to see testimonials about Nebo
Unless your mission is that of mischief then in that case you can dance with Musiwa

https://www.nairaland.com/1164851/prof-chinedu-nebo-nominated-ministerial
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 26, 2013
babyosisi: Trivia :Do you know that University of Calabar started off as a campus of UNN?

yes. Even the university of port harcourt
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
The university has not recorded such a high number of first class graduates in a long while. Some departments have not had a student graduate with a first class in years but this is starting to change probably due to the introduction of the post ume.

2 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
And it seems like girls are taking the lead academically in UNN. There are female first class graduates than male. Boys dey slack angry angry
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by koolJ1(f): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
All y'all arguing about the number of graduands from UNN...did y'all know that apart from 2 campuses and a college of medicine,UNN has another campus in aba? And an extended program run in Alvan Ikoku college of education owerri? That makes 4 campuses including sandwich program! The number wld have been more were it that UNN still runs the diploma program so pls,do some research/fact-finding b4 being stupefied. 4 campuses churned out 18,000 graduands,not 1.

3 Likes

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by obi4eze(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
musiwa14: why are you telling lies.. I have look at the university, when one of the prof, does not know how to speak english well... You notice I complain when Goodluck appointed Prof Nebo.. I complain because I believe he lack the capability to handle the set position and the fact is , I look at the University facilitics and compare it with the rest of Nigeria. I notice, it looks like they have been stealing all the money sent to that university.

And i dont see the logic in sending a prof from that school who was suppose to fix the problem and could not as a minister. This is one of the reason. And the other was the fact that , he is mechanical engineer and not electrical engineer.

And if Prof Nedo did a bad job been the VC of UNN, he will do a bad job as minister. This is why I would oppose him becoming a minister. I think there are many prof who can be minister, but it should be based on merit..

grin grin grin
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 11:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
you may call me igbo basher.. But here are pictures to show you Igbo people stole all of the money sent to fix UNN. When you compare with the fact that , if you check the record, Universities of Ilorin never collected 1/3 of the money UNN collected.. So it about money management..

They stole all of the money.

unn

http://img13.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img13/5971/1359231725pvl.smil
Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 12:39am On Jan 27, 2013
look at the picture of UNN, really make me want to weep that people could steal this way.

We are talking of Billions sent to this university. Haba, Igbo people..

The truth is. There is a need for Godly leadership in Igboland.. UNN is sad to see.. it make the heart weep, that Billions have been stolen. it is just sad.. and Goodluck want to make this man minister.. It is sad for nigeria.. i pity you people.

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by musiwa14: 12:49am On Jan 27, 2013
hi hi Anty olololo

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by outofthebox: 11:22am On Jan 27, 2013
musiwa14: You can see from the video, that a first class student to be from UNN , that can not speak english well and listen to her..

And Goodluck just reward the man who made the life this students this way... minister..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvkPZm4YYc
Google suppose pick this girl oo

1 Like

Re: 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees by fittty(m): 11:36am On Jan 27, 2013
If this were to be a private Institution some slow pokes would start trash talking.... Smdh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? / Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.