Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Being A Nigerian Housewife - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Nigerian Housewife (24542 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2013
coogar:
stop making your own argument.....
where exactly did i mention fathers have no responsibility in taking care of his own children? someone has to bring home the bacon. both parents cannot stay at home providing proper child care. the mother has to be the one to stay at home as she's the one that carried the pregnancy, she's the one that can breastfeed! while all this is happening, the man is at work providing the financial support and when he gets home - he gets to spend quality t
I am not making my own arguments, you are making it seem like only a mother should spend quality time with kids. She bore the kids and breastfed them doesn't mean she should spend all the time with them. Again, untill you bring a statistical finding or some other kind of proof that children who had full time housewives as mothers grow up to be better than children with working mothers, don't claim that more quality time ultimately produces better children.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Truckpusher(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: You don't know me so don't generalize please! Read my response to Coogar.
but it was very easy for you to generalize that being a housewife was a gift solely for ladies that aren't mentally gifted?...maybe i need some education unless you're a being a hipppp...hippppp *stuttering* somebody already shouting hurray...pocrite

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2013
coogar:

fücking hell - that's a very daft comment to make!

It's probably just as daft as this.

coogar:

why can't she? why did she conceive the child if she cannot dedicate her whole life into raising them. yet you blame the breakdown in the society when you see kids misbehaving - can you not see your hypocrisy? when people become parents, the responsibility is a full time one not half-baked so forget the idea of chasing a career while abandoning your kids - it's selfish!

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 11:57am On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: Did I say all stay at home moms are not mentally gifted?
repeat what you said and let me put it apart brick by brick.....

ngozievergreen: So, can sb tell me how a working class lady will combine housework/home mgt and office work dat ends by 4pm

the general consensus is to strike a balance - 50% effort at work and 50% home management. at the end of it all, they would be mediocre at work and half-useless in bringing up their kids. some people need lobotomy to get their heads checked!

ileobatojo:
It's probably just as daft as this.

thanks for using the word probably - it then means you are not sure!
in bukatyne's case - i am very certain she made a daft comment! when kids misbehave in the society, whose fault is it? the alignment of the moon and stars or the crap upbringing you gave them while chasing your yeye salary? every twisted kid out there always blames their upbringing for their outcome. food for thought! even the good book says nurture your child well so you can have peace!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by onimine(f): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2013
I am a workin mum and can't dream of been a full time house wife. I love my kids and I am always dere 4 dem. Everything boils down 2 plannin.I do school runs most times and I hardly miss open days or PTA. Its not easy but I survive. I take my annual leave in august so I can b at home wit dem. I also don't joke wit my weekends. U don't have 2 b with ur kids 24hrs a day 4 dem 2 turn out while. My mum was a working mum and 6 of us turned out well.

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2013
Truckpusher: but it was very easy for you to generalize that being a housewife was a gift solely for ladies that aren't mentally gifted?
Did you read my post? I said I think it's a gift and NOT all housewives are not mentally gifted. Do you know what a gift is? Some people are excellent in Mathematics and can't grasp Government. Some people are talented in singing but can't dance to save their lives. They may learn dancing but they wouldn't be as good as those who have the gift. 'Abinibi is different from ability'... Nice
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: Did I say all stay at home moms are not mentally gifted? Did I equally say all working moms are mentally gifted? Infact, Some working mothers should stay at home b'cos they might do better in that area.

You are struggling to comprehend your own posts grin.

bukatyne: I don't know how some women cope with been an housewife. I was at home while I job hunted and believe me, I felt my life was wasting away. I would wake up, cook, clean ... to the next day without achieving anything. No impact in my world, no problem to solve etc. I believe house wifery is a gift for those who are not gifted mentally. We can't all be good in everything.

That's what you wrote earlier o
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
House gini?house wife? Tufiakwaaaaa. So all the mone my parents paid for my fees will go to waste eh kwa? Tufia

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
ngozievergreen: So, can sb tell me how a working class lady will combine housework/home mgt and office work dat ends by 4pm
Well, if she has a husband who is not a lazy bum, then he would assist her instead of leaving all the work for her.

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Truckpusher: but it was very easy for you to generalize that being a housewife was a gift solely for ladies that aren't mentally gifted?...maybe i need some education unless you're a being a hipppp...hippppp *stuttering* somebody already shouting hurray...pocrite
Do you know what a gift is?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
naijababe:

You are struggling to comprehend your own posts grin.

That's what you wrote earlier o
Did you note the word gift? Do you know what gift means?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
fellis:
Well, if she has a husband who is not a lazy bum, then he would assist her instead of leaving all the work for her.
You don't know it's a taboo for a husband to do house work?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: Do you know what a gift is?
please explain to us what a gift is.....
you said housewives are not mentally-gifted which means they are not up there mentally - i.e. they are dullards! why are you tryin to choke on what you said abi someone else posted for you?

ileobatojo:
Pls try me. In fact, the geekier the better. It's the raw, hard facts I'm looking for.
And by the way, I noticed the subtle change in your position. Now you're trying to shift it to infancy period only. No worries, even then, I still need to see the evidence you have that working mothers are more likely to raise children who are bad for society purely because they are working, during infancy or beyond!

maybe you need to go and read my earlier comments on the first page about this before you start having distorted notions about my position. children can be from age 0 to 18 till sometimes 21!!! if you then think i meant teenagers need 6 hrs of parental care then you are more deluded than i once thought. mind you, i didn't give you much from the onset. there's not been a shift in my position since the start of this thread - you did the same thing last night telling me i have shifted until i emphasised the "staying at home" bit!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
coogar:

thanks for using the word probably - it then means you are not sure!
in bukatyne's case - i am very certain she made a daft comment! when kids misbehave in the society, whose fault is it? the alignment of the moon and stars or the crap upbringing you gave them while chasing your yeye salary? every twisted kid out there always blames their upbringing for their outcome. food for thought! even the good book says nurture your child well so you can have peace!

And with this statement/ clarification, I can comfortably remove the word probably. It's a very daft generalization through and through.

Again what evidence do you have that all children of working mothers have a crap upbringing?!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
This coogar needs to be put on a leash . . . undecided

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Truckpusher(m): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: Do you know what a gift is?
this was exactly your daft comment.."I believe house wifery is a gift for those who are not gifted mentally* if in your house one isn't mentally gifted and it's a gift then you've been on med...don't defend it you screwed up big time and should apologize to housewives some of them are first class products that wants a life free from the daily struggle especially if the man is a financial wizard and he makes it rain, what else do you want?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by onimine(f): 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
In response 2 ngozievergreen: U can cook stew, soup, beans , jollof rice etc dat can take d home 4 say 2wks on a sat. Go to d market once a month 2 buy foodstuffs and provisions etc. U can wash clothes 3 times a wk with washing machine. Everything thing boils down 2 ur mindset and proper planning. Its not easy but I wuld feel I wasted my energy makin gud grades in school

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: Did you note the word gift? Do you know what gift means?

I didn't realise that stacking shelves at Tesco or raking in thousands in bonuses as an investment banker is now at par with inventing penicillin. Making an impact my foot! Just admit that you goofed and we can move on.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Truckpusher(m): 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ujujoan: This coogar needs to be put on a leash . . . undecided
Coogar is saying the truth and the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
And with this statement/ clarification, I can comfortably remove the word probably. It's a very daft generalization through and through.
Again what evidence do you have that all children of working mothers have a crap upbringing?!

where did i say children of all working mothers have a crap upbringing? must you talk from your arsë? i said parents who don't put in quantity/quality time in raising their kids would produce misfits. stop making your own arguments and arguing daftly!

Ujujoan: This coogar needs to be put on a leash . . . undecided

oh shut up, my friend!
what do you know about the topic of discussion? when we get to the exportation of kolanut and palmwine, you would get my invitation. until then, get a comfy chair and watch!!!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
coogar:

please explain to us what a gift is.....
you said housewives are not mentally-gifted which means they are not up there mentally - i.e. they are dullards! why are you tryin to choke on what you said abi someone else posted for you?
I am not choking on my words.. I said 'I think housewifery is a gift for people who are not mentally gifted'
1. I didnot say all housewives are not mentally gifted and vice versa
2. A person who is not mentally gifted is NOT a dullard; he/she might be an average student.
3. A woman who is not gifted in housewifery can still be a housewife though she might not be as efficient as a woman with the gift.

I don't know why some posters are taking this the wrong way. Can we all be geniuses? Can we all be good in home keeping? Can we all be excellent cooks? Can we all excel in everything?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
Truckpusher: Coogar is saying the truth and the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow. grin grin grin
What truth
The world is really changing . . . So rambling now translates to 'truth' undecided
Odikwa serious. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by damiso(f): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
naijababe:

Yes if you are a quality parent grin. Speaking for myself, I hope I never find myself in a situation where I feel I need a career to survive, quitting my job has been the best thing to happen to me and my family. I don't want to do the rat race thing again abeg!!!

Naijababe chop knuckle grin grin grin.Walahi there are a million and one things that i feel i have a passion for outside what i do for a living
All this also entail me using my education,the only difference is i might not earn so much money doing them.

For now make my pikins dey enjoy a less stressed mummy.You should have seen me early last yr 7 months preggers with a clingy 2 and a half yr old.And that was even with hubby doing dropping and more or less taking her off me at the weekends cry
Gosh i was so grumpy.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Truckpusher(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
naijababe:

I didn't realise that stacking shelves at Tesco or raking in thousands in bonuses as an investment banker is now at par with inventing penicillin. Making an impact my foot! Just admit that you goofed and we can move on.
She goofed big time!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
coogar:

oh shut up, my friend!
what do you know about the topic of discussion? when we get to the exportation of kolanut and palmwine, you would get my invitation. until then, get a comfy chair and watch!!!

Who let the dogs out undecided
Please marry your wife and lock her up at home to baby sit and bre.st. feed, but stop disturbing us here abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Truckpusher(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ujujoan:
What truth
The world is really changing . . . So rambling now translates to 'truth' undecided
Odikwa serious. undecided undecided
i'm going for lunch when i come back i'll reply you accordingly...enjoy grin grin
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by ifyalways(f): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Unserious thread meant for entertainment purpose only cheesy
OP and nearly all the contributors are Internet Nigerians. it's all theorys,hearsay and a figment of their imaginations.

The only housewives,full time housewives in Naija are found in VGC,Chevron,Lekki and Ikoyi.They are either trophy wives or educated babes married to Politicians or super rich biz men.They don't need no work and they don't spend their time cleaning,cooking or babysitting either.They have nannies,cooks and helps,they live for shopping,partying and clubbing.

I don't see how they make better moms than their counterparts selling fish at Obalende mkt 6 to 6 each day.

5 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
coogar:

where did i say children of all working mothers have a crap upbringing? must you talk from your arse? i said parents who don't put in quantity/quality time in raising their kids would produce misfits. stop making your own arguments and arguing daftly!

Oh my God! Can you pick a position and stick with it? Hasn't your argument been that mothers should not have children unless they are able to stay at home with them? Or else they will produce societal menaces? Can you stop dancing back and forth? So are you now saying working mothers can raise good children? So why the hell have you been shouting up and down on this thread?

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Originalsly: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Have read a few of the comments and am shocked to read women condemning women for being housewives.Call it laziness, old fashioned or whatever...a wife should be a housewife and her priority to nurture the kids and family and manage the home. Only if necessary should she be working.Too many professional/career driven parents in their pursuit of achievement manage to provide all the material things for their kids but the parent child bond and love and interaction are almost non existant...gaining the world while losing their souls. Then we wonder why kids join gangs...why kids kill their parents...why so many young people have so little love in their heart.I think this is the most important and invisible job of a housewife...raising the family right.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
damiso:

Naijababe chop knuckle grin grin grin.Walahi there are a million and one things that i feel i have a passion for outside what i do for a living
All this also entail me using my education,the only difference is i might not earn so much money doing them.

[b]For now make my pikins dey enjoy a less stressed mummy.[/b]You should have seen me early last yr 7 months preggers with a clingy 2 and a half yr old.And that was even with hubby doing dropping and more or less taking her off me at the weekends cry
Gosh i was so grumpy.

Tell me about it. These days, I am happily doing the 'hot-dog' dance with my kids when all I wanted to do back in the day was struggle through dinner and head for bed.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
bukatyne: I am not choking on my words.. I said 'I think housewifery is a gift for people who are not mentally gifted'
1. I didnot say all housewives are not mentally gifted and vice versa
2. A person who is not mentally gifted is NOT a dullard; he/she might be an average student.
3. A woman who is not gifted in housewifery can still be a housewife though she might not be as efficient as a woman with the gift.

I don't know why some posters are taking this the wrong way. Can we all be geniuses? Can we all be good in home keeping? Can we all be excellent cooks? Can we all excel in everything?

i have never seen this huge amount of drivel in my entire life.
if someone is not mentally gifted, it simply means the individual is a rëtard or mentally-unbalanced!

• housewifery being a gift for mentally-deficient women means the role is for mentally-unbalanced housewives.
• a person who is not mentally-gifted is not average - the person is a complete nitwit in roles that are mentally tasking!
• housewifery requires a huge dose of mental alertness, it requires intelligence, technical knowhow, etc...

you cannot dig yourself out of this pit, admit you brainfarted and we can all move on!

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
ifyalways: Unserious thread meant for entertainment purpose only cheesy
OP and nearly all the contributors are Internet Nigerians. it's all theorys,hearsay and a figment of their imaginations.

The only housewives,full time housewives in Naija are found in VGC,Chevron,Lekki and Ikoyi.They are either trophy wives or educated babes married to Politicians or super rich biz men.They don't need no work and they don't spend their time cleaning,cooking or babysitting either.They have nannies,cooks and helps,they live for shopping,partying and clubbing.

I don't see how they make better moms than their counterparts selling fish at Obalende mkt 6 to 6 each day.

LMAO

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

I Impregnanted My Best Friend's Only Daughter / Names For Twin Girls / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.