Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Being A Nigerian Housewife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Nigerian Housewife (24484 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
damiso: I advocate for having some sort of income(any sort of TOTAL financial dependency on another humam being is not too wise) but someone has to be there to make time for the kids. Whether we like it or not truth is its harder when both mum and dad pull typical full time hrs.I have done it with one child and its not easy talkless of those that do with a couple of children.

. . .reasonable family planning comes to mind. I usually wonder why parents make 4 babies almost all at once and deprived the babies of their entitlements. Its never made sense to me. These parents are still struggling, praying to God to bless their hustle, and then they invite 4 more little heads from heaven to join them in their half-miserable-pay check to pay check lifestyle. Children are not puppies.

Potential parents should tie up their tubes if they aren't ready to take FULL care of their kids. The world they are coming into is cruel enough.

I'm beginning to have a rethink about my anti-abortion stance.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

that story is rubbish jor....
even when the man died, no gratuity or pension? they had no savings at all to sustain the family or who is going to buy such bullshit? this is not nollywood - the woman should speak the truth what she's done with the money the husband left for her. who says a full housewife cannot run her business from home. if she has a mini-shop not far from home where she sells crates of coca-cola, she would get by easily.......if you believe that yeye story, i don't!

Ah! cool

So now you turn against the woman eh? I knew there was something "fishy" about your stance (100% support for full-time, no-work, housewife)cheesy

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by MMotimo: 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
Botomline, it's down to trust and household income/affordability for most couples.
If you can't trust him/her, don't do it!
If it is not affordable don't do it!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by damiso(f): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
BABE!:

. . .reasonable family planning comes to mind. I usually wonder why parents make 4 babies almost all at once and deprived the babies of their entitlements. Its never made sense to me. These parents are still struggling, praying to God to bless their hustle, and then they invite 4 more little heads from heaven to join them in their half-miserable-pay check to pay check lifestyle. Children are not puppies.

Potential parents should tie up their tubes if
they aren't ready to take FULL care of their kids. The world they are coming into is cruel enough.

I'm beginning to have a rethink about my anti-abortion stance.

I have two kids and we have decided we are fine with the two.But everyone including my mum keeps saying ahan 2 is small now,is it money God will provide.They dont get that its just not about money.Some people are strong and can effectively cater to five kids emotionally,academically,psycologically and also material needs.Mbanu i am not that strong.Two i can manage for now and God willing two is all i will have.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

me ke?
i was a proper mummy's boy.....she had to stay with me for 2 weeks when i started school. i could not cope with her leaving me in the hands of strangers and some unruly rugrats screaming in my ears. after 2 weeks, i copped 2-3 playmates and she became free of my wahala. even with that, she picked me up from school immediately after school, fixed my lunch and ran through my homework with me. how can i place a price on that? who could have done that better than my mum?

Lol! So because you were attached to your mother's bosom till age 10 means every child who is not is a menace to society?

My kid spends 8 hrs in school, more on days with after school taekwondo and chess club, spends 11-12 hrs sleeping at night. Pray tell me, where do I find 6 hrs quality time a weekday to spend with him? Should I start picking him up before school closes? Or should we cut down on sleep to about 8 hrs? So you're telling me I'm essentially raising a kid who will turn out weird solely for the reason of this weekly schedule? Please, sit down.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
ileobatojo:
Lol! So because you were attached to your mother's bosom till age 10 means every child who is not is a menace to society?

can become a menace to society if not properly looked after......

My kid spends 8 hrs in school, more on days with after school taekwondo and chess club, spends 11-12 hrs sleeping at night. Pray tell me, where do I find 6 hrs quality time a weekday to spend with him? Should I start picking him up before school closes? Or should we cut down on sleep to about 8 hrs? So you're telling me I'm essentially raising a kid who will turn out weird solely for the reason of this weekly schedule? Please, sit down.

2 hrs before school in the morning, 4 hrs after school - what's so difficult in that? how far are you living from his school that you cannot have quality time with him before school or after. taekwondo lessons are just an excuse to be away from him. what's the relevance of taekwondo to a 8-10 yr old. he should be x-boxing or playstationing in those hours of learning taekwondo. let him start self-defence classes when his bones are strong enough to defend himself not now when he's still a child. parents should create time to spend with their kids! there's a common factor with all the people who turned out mentally disturbed - lack of parental care!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

can become a menace to society if not properly looked after......

2 hrs before school in the morning, 4 hrs after school - what's so difficult in that? how far are you living from his school that you cannot have quality time with him before school or after. taekwondo lessons are just an excuse to be away from him. what's the relevance of taekwondo to a 8-10 yr old. he should be x-boxing or playstationing in those hours of learning taekwondo. let him start self-defence classes when his bones are strong enough to defend himself not now when he's still a child. parents should create time to spend with their kids! there's a common factor with all the people who turned out mentally disturbed - lack of parental care!

Really? It's either your math is abysmal or you recommend I cut off 2 hrs out of my kid's sleeping time. And when this translates into school failure due to sleep deprivation, the fact that we spent 6 hrs a weekday of quality time together will take him to college right?

And did you recommend video games? On weekdays? In place of discipline instilling, life skills teaching, age appropriate physical activities? Oh lawd!

Anyway, enough with the back and forth. Do you have a source for your claim that kids who don't spend up to 30 weekday hours per week of quality time with parents lack parental care and become mentally disturbed members of society? If you do, just post it abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 2:39am On Jan 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Really? It's either your math is abysmal or you recommend I cut off 2 hrs out of my kid's sleeping time. And when this translates into school failure due to sleep deprivation, the fact that we spent 6 hrs a weekday of quality time together will take him to college right?

where's the 2 hrs you are cutting off? do you stay 20 miles away from his school? 2 hrs before he gets to school and 4 hrs after he closes is enough. if he takes a siesta during these hours, he's going to bed knowing mummy is around. there's a sense of security around him unlike going to bed knowing mummy is in Wall Street doing the paper-chase. go n learn parenting skills!

And did you recommend video games? On weekdays? In place of discipline instilling, life skills teaching, age appropriate physical activities? Oh lawd!

what is wrong with mother n child bonding by playing wii or supermario instead of being stuck in a karate class where he doesn't even know what is learning. x-boxing with him gives him a mental edge rather than the physical nonsense he does not need at that young age. are you training him to be a pilot/rocket scientist or you are training him to be a UFC fighter or a weight-lifter? get out of here. computer games at that young age helps him more than karate or even football!

Anyway, enough with the back and forth. Do you have a source for your claim that kids who don't spend up to 30 weekday hours per week of quality time with parents lack parental care and become mentally disturbed members of society? If you do, just post it abeg.

so until it's written like the 10 commandments, you are not buying it even when it's obvious it's common sense that the longer a parent spends with his child, the more balanced the child is and the more the parent understands the child? na wa o!

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

so until it's written like the 10 commandments, you are not buying it even when it's obvious it's common sense that the longer a parent spends with his child, the more balanced the child is and the more the parent understands the child? na wa o!

Stop the rigmarole. I never said a parent should not spend lots of time with their child. I'm looking for support for your magic number of 30 hrs (weekday). This top 20 blah blah blah is of no use to me whatsoever. I need to see the cold, hard facts supporting the numbers you are throwing around.

if he takes a siesta during these hours, he's going to bed knowing mummy is around.

Oh! So we're counting asleep time now? grin

computer games at that young age helps him more than karate or even football!

Oh dear lord! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 3:28am On Jan 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Stop the rigmarole. I never said a parent should not spend lots of time with their child. I'm looking for support for your magic number of 30 hrs (weekday). This top 20 blah blah blah is of no use to me whatsoever. I need to see the cold, hard facts supporting the numbers you are throwing around.

stop this bureaucracy - what's not on record does not exist bullshyte is what is affecting the present generation. until oprah or obama says so, you are never going to believe it. so take what methods that work for you!

Oh! So we're counting asleep time now? grin

hypothetically speaking - if he takes a nap in the afternoon, he does so knowin you are around him. most times he's even there dozing in your arms or cuddling up! those moments are golden - the ones kids don't easily forget!

Oh dear lord! shocked

unless you are there with him while he practises his van damme kicks, it's a waste of time! take him out of the karate classes and spend quality time with him. what does a kid under 12 needs karate for anyways? are you training him to be the next chuck norris?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

stop this bureaucracy - what's not on record does not exist bullshyte is what is affecting the present generation. until oprah or obama says so, you are never going to believe it. so take what methods that work for you!

Wait! What's that? It's not on record? There's no evidence to support your claim?! You pulled that number solely out of your rear end?! Please, say it isn't so Joe!! grin grin

unless you are there with him while he practises his van damme kicks, it's a waste of time! take him out of the karate classes and spend quality time with him. what does a kid under 12 needs karate for anyways? are you training him to be the next chuck norris?

Thank you. I like my little Jackie Chan like that!

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 3:39am On Jan 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Wait! What's that? It's not on record? There's no evidence to support your claim?! You pulled that number solely out of your rear end?! Please, say it isn't so Joe!! grin grin

i didn't - i have attended several pta meetings where this issue has been trashed out by vets. there was even a debate about this ish sometime ago that i saw but i am too knackered to search telegraph/dailymail now to provide what you need - this issue shall be revisited later.

Thank you. I like my little Jackie Chan like that!

bless him!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 29, 2013
coogar:

i didn't - i have attended several pta meetings where this issue has been trashed out by vets. there was even a debate about this ish sometime ago that i saw but i am too knackered to search telegraph/dailymail now to provide what you need - this issue shall be revisited later.

Okay o. Waiting.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by greatgod2012(f): 5:20am On Jan 29, 2013
To me, working and taking care of d house can be balanced, either take up a more flexible job or a stay-at-home business, instead of being totally dependent on d man.........it is more honourable to balance d two, rather than sitting at home all day. God forbid, if anything unexpected happens to d man, apart from d traumatic experience d woman will suffer within herself, what about what relatives, friends and others will be saying of d woman, wont she be accused of killing her husband with too much responsibilities to cater for......dont you think all those allegations could be prevented, if d woman has been somehow busy or creative in her own ways.
Well, as for me, i prefer to be a balanced working class and a housewife than not having my own personal income.
May God help us all.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by greatgod2012(f): 5:22am On Jan 29, 2013
Hhhhhmmmm, there is more to this being fulltime housewife o, i cant just subscribe to it at all.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by greatgod2012(f): 5:24am On Jan 29, 2013
Also, a full time house wife i think is a sign up for life degeneration (physically, emotionally and intellectually).
1. To start with being a full time house wife doesnt guarantee that a child would be perfect, many examples out there.
2. It leaves a lot of room for idleness which results in a woman being a gossip, a nosey-parker, quarreller etc.......as we all know, an idle hand/mind is d devil's workshop.
3. There is nothing challenging except chores and even more house chores, BUTTO WHAT END.?
I think a woman should get busy no matter how small. Not necessarily corporate work. It could be home grown business. But pls BEING A FULL TIME HOUSE WIFE IS DAMAGING TO ANY WOMAN'S LIFE. GET BUSY.
May God help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by dayokanu(m): 5:35am On Jan 29, 2013
FULL TIME HOUSE WIFE VS CAREER WIFE

House Wife
House Wife: Welcome Dear, how was the office today?

Husband : Fine o jare. How are my kids?

House Wife: They are asleep already. Change your clothes while I get your bath water ready.

(10 minutes later)

House Wife: Dinner is ready oooooooo. (She sit down and watch the husband eat, waiting for compliment).

House Wife: The landlord was here today.

Husband: (stop eating) for what again? I have paid the house rent ke!

House Wife: He brought the bills for PHCN, LAWMA, Security, Water and Sanitation. Iya Agba too phoned that she needs money for that medicine we promised her last month. Mama Kemi brought the Ankara material for her father’s burial. Its N5,000 for 6 yards. We don’t seem to have enough foodstuffs again ooooooooo.

Husband: (Grunts)

House Wife: Ehen, you promised to give me the money for my cream yesterday. Junior’s food is finished oooooooooooo. I want to do my hair tomorrow ooooooooooo to enable me attend Iya Kofo daughter’s naming ceremony. I will need some pocket money as well. Even though I don’t have a shoe that will match the colour of the lace material, I will manage the black one any way.

Husband: (begin to cough)

House wife: Oh Sorry Dear! (Rushes to get cold water from the fridge). The devil is a liar! Sorry Darling! Let me get you a pack of juice.

Husband: I am very tired Dear, I am going to bed, We will talk about this tomorrow.

House Wife: Ok, I will join you later. I want to watch this film on TV. Galaxy showed part 1 yesterday, and part 2 will be on soon.

Husband: (Staggered to bed full of anxiety, with no idea on how to meet up with these entire financial obligation)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAREER Wife

Career Wife: (Gets back from work) Ekaete! Ekaete!!! Ekaete!!! Where is this useless girl self?

Ekaete : Yes MADAM! Welcome Ma. I de come. I been de attend to the children. Dem don sleep just now.

Career Wife: Ok, get those things from my car for me right away, and get my bath water ready. Set the dinner very snappy. By the way, is Tunde back from work yet?

Ekaete : Che Oga? E nefa come back yet oooo. He been phone say na pounded yam im wan chop for dinner and I don prepare am plus the rice wey you wan chop self. But dem junior na egg and yam dem request for.

(10 minutes later)

Ekaete: Madam, de money you gif me to pay for junior dem school fees, na de receipt be dis. I don go buy the bags of rice, beans, garri, sugar, salt, semo, turkey and fish. I even go to Mile 12 for Ketu to buy the yams, cassava, onion, pepper, vegetable, fruits and meat.

Career Wife: Ok. Did Tunde give you the money to pay the bills for PHCN, LAWMA, Security, Water and Sanitation?

Ekaete: yes Madam! He even gif me money to pay for the house rent for landlord account. He gif Garba money to buy one drum of diesel for the generator, to service the generator, fill the gas. E don pay my salary and Garba own.

(Tunde enters)

Husband:Ah! Bridget, you are back already. The Traffic today is disastrous!

Career Wife: Is that so?

Ekaete: Oga Welcome Sir! Let me get your bath ready while you change your cloth. I don prepare your favourite meal as requested.

Husband: Oh that’s great, Ekaete

Career wife: OooooPh, I am going to bed. I got to be at the airport early to catch the first flight to Abuja tomorrow.

Husband: I will join you later. Got to watch the match between LIVERPOOL AND CHELSEA.

Ekaete: Oga, your dinner is set. (She disappeared into the kitchen)

Husband: (Eats his dinner alone without a companion).

Which do u prefer?

3 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by EfemenaXY: 5:45am On Jan 29, 2013
I prefer to strike a balance between the two scenarios you've just described.

No, scratch that. Lemme be totally honest here: 90% scene 2 + 10% scene 1.

Even though I'm a fiercely independent, career driven working mum, I am still a wife & understand the need for companionship / being there for him too...
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 29, 2013
Dayo cheesy... you just made my babè throway me out of the bedroom for laughing this loud cheesy! You should start writing script for nollywood cheesy...hilarious I tell ya @ cream.

I prefer scene 2 minus Ekaete ... I'm proud to say I juggle everything perfectly.... That's my strength and my hubby boast bout it too .....good organization is the key ..
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by ifyalways(f): 6:50am On Jan 29, 2013
I have never seen a poor,iliterate mans wife stay at home,fold her hands and say she is a housewife,Never!
It's always the rich,educated and middle class.
What an irony.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Tobiegal(f): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2013
Plenty gist...

After i put to bed and was home for 3months.... i literally went NUTS!

So, i figured, FHW (full housewife) aint my calling.

So, what i do is to balance work n family well... and i do so gracefully.

Coogar can go on and on... but until you are in such position(if you aint already...) then, you can never fully understand what it means for a woman to contribute her bit to the family.

I enjoy sharing responsibilities with my husband, and as far as our son goes, we spend as much time as we can with him.

To enhance our family time, because we don't believe in house-help... we all tend to move around together a lot.

So, technically, we are apart during the day... like every other family, and go home together in the evening after work/creche hours.

And guess what... it works perfectly.

So, for me, its up to the family to decide what works for them.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Syncan(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:

The bold are Gospel truth. Being a housewife is pure laziness. What would one be doing at home from 7am till 4pm washing plates for how many people? Is it a restaurant? Sweeping for 8 hours? or what

Its pure laziness for anyone to do that.

And those kind of women would now claim they should have equal stake in the marriage when they were no better than the furniture just sitting down doing nothing

Frankly speaking, I'll beg to differ in this your generalization. In the context of a Nigerian Housewife,quite a lot of them are not lazy,apart from the obvious daily laundry (which by the way is manual...courtesy of NEPA), school runs and its accompanying children after school care also come in here. You also have to put into consideration the age of the kids. Most Nigerian ladies are housewives only in the early age of their marriage.
For those who worry about income,Its all about discussions,I do not subscribe to being a housewife without your consent, so if the man is buoyant enough to agree on your staying at home as a job, he should be able to agree on an allowance. Some women work hard enough and still do not have much to save as they contribute almost all for the upkeep of their homes.
Moreso, I've seen a few women who fought at the time to keep their career against the desire of their men, they won, kept the career, and now would have wished they did not. Some made the money but lost their kids to social vices, some to abuse by house helps (very common),it is a fact that such would have been avoided or detected early enough with the woman more at home.
The challenges for a working Nigerian wife/mother is much and should not be trivialized at all by calling those who do not wish to try it lazy. The man calling her lazy actually expects her to work outside, do the domestic works,take care of her physique, and still learn to balance income with expenditure with regards to home needs.That's quite a lot, as most jobs do not consider the woman's domestic responsibility in the scheme of things. It will be better if the woman could balance the two really, but I will not call every Nigerian housewife lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by slimyem: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2013
I see no one has commented on some very traditional men who fiercely demand that their wives stay at home..and well,the wives submissively agree cool
They do not mind being the sole finacier/provider of the family and will not see reason why their wives should work even though she is very educated and no matter how much she protestsundecided
I can point to at least two families that are this way.One's my friend's and the other my uncle's.
Much as i don't suscribe to the idea of full-housewives,I really cannot judge these ones.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by greatgod2012(f): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2013
@dayokanu........from your two scenes........which one do YOU prefer, lets know what and where you are heading to?

Stop sitting on d fence.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by MyneWhite1(f): 9:21am On Jan 29, 2013
There is indeed a financial plan B, I have a savings account and an IRA. Also, my degrees are not rusting and can be dusted off with time.

ileobatojo: Not a housewife and I don't really think there is anything innately wrong with being one but I would like to ask a question. Do you have a financial plan B; or do you feel the need to have one? How will the passage of time affect the feasibility of your plan B, if any?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by MyneWhite1(f): 9:22am On Jan 29, 2013
Thank you so much, nothing more to add.

Syncan:

Frankly speaking, I'll beg to differ in this your generalization. In the context of a Nigerian Housewife,quite a lot of them are not lazy,apart from the obvious daily laundry (which by the way is manual...courtesy of NEPA), school runs and its accompanying children after school care also come in here. You also have to put into consideration the age of the kids. Most Nigerian ladies are housewives only in the early age of their marriage.
For those who worry about income,Its all about discussions,I do not subscribe to being a housewife without your consent, so if the man is buoyant enough to agree on your staying at home as a job, he should be able to agree on an allowance. Some women work hard enough and still do not have much to save as they contribute almost all for the upkeep of their homes.
Moreso, I've seen a few women who fought at the time to keep their career against the desire of their men, they won, kept the career, and now would have wished they did not. Some made the money but lost their kids to social vices, some to abuse by house helps (very common),it is a fact that such would have been avoided or detected early enough with the woman more at home.
The challenges for a working Nigerian wife/mother is much and should not be trivialized at all by calling those who do not wish to try it lazy. The man calling her lazy actually expects her to work outside, do the domestic works,take care of her physique, and still learn to balance income with expenditure with regards to home needs.That's quite a lot, as most jobs do not consider the woman's domestic responsibility in the scheme of things. It will be better if the woman could balance the two really, but I will not call every Nigerian housewife lazy.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Syncan(m): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2013
Myne White: Thank you so much, nothing more to add.

You're welcome, that's my widow's might.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by victorian(f): 11:59am On Jan 29, 2013
I can't be a full time house wife... I can never be a full time housewife.... It's not like ,it's a crime to be one but argh..! sad... My brain is always active, my body can't stay put in one place... I can't be one.. And i want my own money.. I want to be able to buy anything i need and support my hussy , when the needs arise... Without asking for permission....Op, yur trying... It's good... It works for u... But for me?, nah....except it's few months to delivering my baby , then I can sit at home...after giving birth, am off to work.. That's one agreement, I and my spouse first touched before I said Yes... Some women are trying.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Myne White: There is indeed a financial plan B, I have a savings account and an IRA. Also, my degrees are not rusting and can be dusted off with time.

I laugh in Egun. You are being so modest. You in all likelihood earn more than many here that are claiming to be 'career women'. #Ironic
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by coogar: 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
Tobiegal:
Coogar can go on and on... but until you are in such position(if you aint already...) then, you can never fully understand what it means for a woman to contribute her bit to the family.

her contribution is profound - staying at home and taking proper care of our children. how is that not contribution. go and interview widowers about how they raised their kids and maybe then you would understand that contributing your bit to the family shouldn't always be about money. what's money?

I enjoy sharing responsibilities with my husband, and as far as our son goes, we spend as much time as we can with him. To enhance our family time, because we don't believe in house-help... we all tend to move around together a lot.

i don't disagree with you - what works for A will work for A and what works for B will work for B but the blatant criticism of women who have decided to put their family before their career should stop!

So, technically, we are apart during the day... like every other family, and go home together in the evening after work/creche hours. And guess what... it works perfectly.
So, for me, its up to the family to decide what works for them.

exactly!
it's up to the family to decide what works best for them and no one should criticise one method or place one over the other. what do you value more? wages or family or striking a balance between the two?

i have already told my spouse she might not work for a while after putting to bed. a chunky fraction of my salary would go to her account as a standing order - unlike the archaic example dayokanu was giving above with wife coming to husband to ask for money like a beggar. who does such these days? if my wife is staying at home for our benefit then common sense dictates i should be paying her for the services.

3 Likes

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu: FULL TIME HOUSE WIFE VS CAREER WIFE

House Wife
House Wife: Welcome Dear, how was the office today?

Husband : Fine o jare. How are my kids?

House Wife: They are asleep already. Change your clothes while I get your bath water ready.

(10 minutes later)

House Wife: Dinner is ready oooooooo. (She sit down and watch the husband eat, waiting for compliment).

House Wife: The landlord was here today.

Husband: (stop eating) for what again? I have paid the house rent ke!

House Wife: He brought the bills for PHCN, LAWMA, Security, Water and Sanitation. Iya Agba too phoned that she needs money for that medicine we promised her last month. Mama Kemi brought the Ankara material for her father’s burial. Its N5,000 for 6 yards. We don’t seem to have enough foodstuffs again ooooooooo.

Husband: (Grunts)

House Wife: Ehen, you promised to give me the money for my cream yesterday. Junior’s food is finished oooooooooooo. I want to do my hair tomorrow ooooooooooo to enable me attend Iya Kofo daughter’s naming ceremony. I will need some pocket money as well. Even though I don’t have a shoe that will match the colour of the lace material, I will manage the black one any way.

Husband: (begin to cough)

House wife: Oh Sorry Dear! (Rushes to get cold water from the fridge). The devil is a liar! Sorry Darling! Let me get you a pack of juice.

Husband: I am very tired Dear, I am going to bed, We will talk about this tomorrow.

House Wife: Ok, I will join you later. I want to watch this film on TV. Galaxy showed part 1 yesterday, and part 2 will be on soon.

Husband: (Staggered to bed full of anxiety, with no idea on how to meet up with these entire financial obligation)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAREER Wife

Career Wife: (Gets back from work) Ekaete! Ekaete!!! Ekaete!!! Where is this useless girl self?

Ekaete : Yes MADAM! Welcome Ma. I de come. I been de attend to the children. Dem don sleep just now.

Career Wife: Ok, get those things from my car for me right away, and get my bath water ready. Set the dinner very snappy. By the way, is Tunde back from work yet?

Ekaete : Che Oga? E nefa come back yet oooo. He been phone say na pounded yam im wan chop for dinner and I don prepare am plus the rice wey you wan chop self. But dem junior na egg and yam dem request for.

(10 minutes later)

Ekaete: Madam, de money you gif me to pay for junior dem school fees, na de receipt be dis. I don go buy the bags of rice, beans, garri, sugar, salt, semo, turkey and fish. I even go to Mile 12 for Ketu to buy the yams, cassava, onion, pepper, vegetable, fruits and meat.

Career Wife: Ok. Did Tunde give you the money to pay the bills for PHCN, LAWMA, Security, Water and Sanitation?

Ekaete: yes Madam! He even gif me money to pay for the house rent for landlord account. He gif Garba money to buy one drum of diesel for the generator, to service the generator, fill the gas. E don pay my salary and Garba own.

(Tunde enters)

Husband:Ah! Bridget, you are back already. The Traffic today is disastrous!

Career Wife: Is that so?

Ekaete: Oga Welcome Sir! Let me get your bath ready while you change your cloth. I don prepare your favourite meal as requested.

Husband: Oh that’s great, Ekaete

Career wife: OooooPh, I am going to bed. I got to be at the airport early to catch the first flight to Abuja tomorrow.

Husband: I will join you later. Got to watch the match between LIVERPOOL AND CHELSEA.

Ekaete: Oga, your dinner is set. (She disappeared into the kitchen)

Husband: (Eats his dinner alone without a companion).

Which do u prefer?

That was a lame argument/rebuttal. You're trying to hard to be right and unfortunately for you, in the career woman vs. housewife "argument" there's no right or wrong side, really.

Who in her right mind will agree to be a housewife when the man can't even meet silly financial needs like cream, salon visits, school fees, etc.

A housewife is a housewife because her family/husband can handle it!!!

I have an aunt (bless her) that her husband wouldn't allow her do shît after some years of marriage. She had four kids for the man, so the man decided that its better for him to solely provide the money, and for her to FULLY take care of their 4 kids since they all girls anyways (girls need special care).

These kids are ôn point as we speak! During open days in school back then, when their mum came to visit, other kids were always jealous of them; jealous of the sweet relationship she has with her kids; first to come for open day, last to leave, she would visit her child's teachers privately and personally and so on.

Trust me, raising kids is a career in itself. Some do it well some don't. A devoted housewife raising her kid vs a workaholic is like comparing an electrical engineer to an electrician. TIME spent and devotion are important factors!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Be Careful With Your Secrets! / How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / Family Of Four Die In Their Sleep After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Kogi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.