Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter (22458 Views)

CAN Blasts El-rufai Over Alleged Comment On Jesus Christ / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by cupid4ig(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
kj_hova:

Hey dude. Retweets don't necessarily mean endorsement. Many times, I have retweeted people I totally disagree with just so my #ff can get the message.
if retweet dont mean endorsement they why do u want ur followers to get the msg? pls dont start a blind argument. when u retweet it simply means u agree with what the person tweeted
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by cupid4ig(m): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
ballabriggs:

So if I mention you in my tweet calling you a "fool" and you retweet, you have endorsed it that you are a fool?
stfu see the way u are thinking, if someone call u a fool in tweet will u retweet it? or u will reply the person warning him or even ignore it. pls be true to ur self. i have seen el-rufia blocked people just because they dont agree with his opinion on some of his tweets. he blocked me just because i asked him a question one certain time like that. he even went ahead and insulted me telling me that my parent are a disgrace that is why i can ask him question.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by cupid4ig(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Omo-Olomu:
if t ar conversant wt twiter u wld hv knwn dat most pple write it on their profile page dat retweet is nt endorsment. Luckily elrufai also wrote same. My advice to u is go nd learn more abt diff social media.
oga u cant retweet what u dont agree with. for example someonw tweeted u saying lagos is the best developed state in nigeria. if u retweet it is because u agree with him/her but if u dont what u have to do is to reply him/her sayin its not true its or u can say in his own opinion. this show u dont agree with him. but if u retweet it it simply means yes u agree. pls lets be true to our selves

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by chreldb(m): 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Ignorant people will always refuse correction.

I am a Christian not a ' Xtain'.

I can see there are many Xtain and Xtians on NL. I guess that explains their behaviour.

Christian = Xtian

just as

Christmas = Xmas.

It is nothing but short hand notation.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

You are wrong. You are arguing blindly.

I doubt if you are a true Christian .

Is 'goon' a Christian word.

my friend shut the Ffuck up. so because i use the word goon, am no xtian right. IIdiot.
Your next question should be "Is Ffuck a xtian word?"
Hypocrite, who are u to determine if one is a xtian or not?
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
chreld_b:

Christian = Xtian

just as

Christmas = Xmas.

It is nothing but short hand notation.

u dey mind the hypocrite. U get time oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by talk2me006(m): 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7:

Aboki shut up
The guy that did the cartoon stuff about mohammed(piss on him)after apologising did you guys stop your killings and protests. ??
Are u ok?
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Deeman87: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2:

Yes, @zeebook (the person that tweeted it) is a christian
Hahahaha..... Am laughing in igbo, now zeebook is a christian, do u knw him or is zeebook a biblical name? Naso if bokoharam bomb church dem go say na christian bomb am...some pple are tinking tru d anus
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by abeldav(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
He's been reprimanded,just so he doesn't think what he did what right,buh then its good to leave it for God.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Iykopee(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
simple question to all muslims....if dat tweet was done in d name of mohammed wud el rufai retweet? we r not credulous to believe el rufai retweeted without ulterior motive...u muslims will be d first to start killing people when mohammed comes under lambaste....nigerians are sensitive to religion issues. El rufai shudnt start anoda round of his stupidity dis year.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by kjhova(m): 3:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
cupid4ig: if retweet dont mean endorsement they why do u want ur followers to get the msg? pls dont start a blind argument. when u retweet it simply means u agree with what the person tweeted

Don't know how deep you are with twitter dude, but when anyone in my Inner Circle send a retweet I sure will see it unlike if I had to scramble through a full day's timeline. This does not automatically equate to endorsements. A friend retweeted all of Odemwingie's rants against Keshi for me to see, does that mean he supported the rants? I for one know he didn't. Get the drift?
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by free13: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7:

Aboki shut up
The guy that did the cartoon stuff about mohammed(piss on him)after apologising did you guys stop your killings and protests. ??

Aboki will always be Aboki.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by xtayle(m): 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
bobbydbobo: . Insulting u would be way too stupid of any1, ild rather laff cos this is getting me so ............lmfao! Where did u get this form of history? Y do pple just wake up these days nd form their own form of history, distorting things that should be preserved for posterity's sake. Instead of telling u d whole long story, ild rather let u fish for urself. 1: find out who Constantine was, how important he is in christianity, find out howmany centuries after christianity Islam emerged, and then go and seek historical knowledge of the two, nd change ur post from being 100percent wrong, to watever uve learnt after reading up.

Tell us ur own history and who Constantine was. May be u are catholic and see urself as a Christian but am telling you that you are not. Constantine may be important to you because Catholic was his grand design. What are you doing that is biblical? Where in the bible are u told that mary should pray for christians or that she's d mother of God? Even celibacy is unbiblical. How come you have special book you follow in conducting church service or is it mass u call it? How come the process of choosing a new Pope is not different from how they choose a new king in yoruba land? Where in the bible is it staed as church doctrine to confess our sin to a rev. Father? Is there anything like rev father in the bible?

Read Romans 8:14. The church started breaking into anglican, methodist, seventhday, etc searching for the truth when people realised catholic is a deception after constatine died
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by kjhova(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
In my opinion, El Rufai or CAN are only symptoms of the deeper problem in Nigeria. The real problem with a large section of Nigerians is ignorance, bigotry, xenophobia & deep seated hatred of opposite opinion. Sadly, these are all the ingredients required to produce a poor, backward & barbaric enclave like ours. A place where noise is prized above reason.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by elfico(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
It was very wrong of El-Rufai to use such an analogy. He as Muslim and a respected figure (though not to everyone) should have known better. We muslims revere Jesus just as christians and what is said is much an insult to Islam as it is to Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by abacus(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
gramci: Only a fool will trust a man after apologising for insulting his own family!

I might forgive you, but be sure I won't forget.

Only fools like you and your fellow CAN leadership can not differentiate between tweet and retweet. Is Mallam ElRufai the only one that retweeted the message? Why using him a scape goat?. The originator of the message is a christian, what are you fools/bigots going to do to that? He apologized still you want his head.

I stop taking CAN serious a long time, during OBJ days, he declared them his foot. Another reason I dont attend church affiliated to CAN.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by free13: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
abacus:

Only fools like you and your fellow CAN leadership can not differentiate between tweet and retweet. Is Mallam ElRufai the only one that retweeted the message? Why using him a scape goat?. The originator of the message is a christian, what are you fools/bigots going to do to that? He apologized still you want his head.

I stop taking CAN serious a long time, during OBJ days, he declared them his foot. Another reason I dont attend church affiliated to CAN.

Dumb Aboki.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by kpencheruwe: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
homesteady:

are u a learner? Do u need a native doctor or magician to tell u he was insulting JESUS??

In what did he insult jesus, dont over flogg issue.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by abacus(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2013
naija_swag: Nigerians and the way the use twitter. Anything they see they retweet. I stopped using twitter because of the level of ignorance and stupidity, obscenity and foolishness exhibited there. When you retweet, you have affirmed a tweet. It's like agreeing or reechoing what someone said. There would have been protest and burning of houses and mayhem if any Christian did likewise to Islam. That apology was even arrogant. The guy is a religious bigot.
Why cant you start your burning and mayhem? DONT judge on hearsay, go find the truth and the truth will set you free.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by bodejohn(m): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Iykopee: simple question to all muslims....if dat tweet was done in d name of mohammed wud el rufai retweet? we r not credulous to believe el rufai retweeted without ulterior motive...u muslims will be d first to start killing people when mohammed comes under lambaste....nigerians are sensitive to religion issues. El rufai shudnt start anoda round of his stupidity dis year.

The tweet was made by a Christian, I am sure a Muslim will not make such tweet about his Mohammed.
If you hang a maize cub on your backside, do not blame the birds that will follow you.
We need fix the log in our eyes before we treat the speck in another man's eye.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
touch_me_hard: Be that as it may, and from whichever angle one decides to look at the issue, the final conclusion is that ELRUFAI IS SIMPLY A FOOL

Agreed. There is no controversy on that one.

The only controversy is to get Christians to speak in one voice and be united.

As always , on NL this is an impossible task.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by abacus(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
free13:

Dumb Aboki.

Which 1 you be? Oritsajefor.. GEJ .. Labaran .. Okupe .. Abati .. Omokri ..
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by free13: 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
abacus:

Which 1 you be? Oritsajefor.. GEJ .. Labaran .. Okupe .. Abati .. Omokri ..

Very dry. lipsrsealed
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by abacus(m): 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
vislabraye:

They should padlock his fingers from tweeting instead grin.

Elrufai made a bigoted statement in trying to pass across a credible point. I shouldn't be surprise.
Meanwhile, CAN should have ignored him. They should know that he's seeking attention.
You are wrong sir!
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by femi2131: 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Christianity is a religion of PEACE just as Islam is too..but,it quiet unfortunate that recently some christian want to fight back in any slight opportunity..those muslim know as fighters to me are the idiot among the muslim just as christian too have it...so,we are all the same..CAN JESUS christ don't teach us that Ooº°˚ ...el rufai don apologise what else...
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

my friend shut the Ffuck up. so because i use the word goon, am no xtian right. IIdiot.
Your next question should be "Is Ffuck a xtian word?"
Hypocrite, who are u to determine if one is a xtian or not?

Yet all these animals claim to represent God! Your language, talk and attitude speaks more about you than you think. Is this how you talk in your church? Did you learn all these gutter language from the bible . I doubt it. You know in your heart , u are lying that you are a Christian .

Someone has already said ignorant people on NL think its by shouting and abuse that we know they Christians.

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2: There's this question that persistently pops up in my mind whenever I log on to nairaland. Who is a christian?

Is it someone who chants "christian" from morning to night everyday, or do you determine who is a christian by his behaviour?

The Christians on NL are from another planet.

They hate each other and send abuses to each other . They publicly denounce each other and use gutter language against each other.

I mean just read the comments on this thread.

None of the above characters can be seen in Jesus Christ yet they claim to be followers of 'Christ'.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

u dey mind the hypocrite. U get time oooo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
bodejohn: Funny goons are many here.

I asked a simple question, is it possible for a Muslim to mention the name of his Mohammed in the manner of this controversial tweet?

All you guys asking for the head of El Rufai, what are you going to do to Zeebook, a Christian and RCCG church member who started the controversy?

Some Christians are just plain hypocrites!!!

You can say it AGAIN.

1000 million LIKES

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Yet all these animals claim to represent God! Your language, talk and attitude speaks more about you than you think. Is this how you talk in your church? Did you learn all these gutter language from the bible . I doubt it. You know in your heart , u are lying that you are a Christian .

Someone has already said ignorant people on NL think its by shouting and abuse that we know they Christians.

Idiot. Now i know that u are a confirmed hypocrite. Didnt u just adopt a post up there in which El-rufai was just called a fool.
Now u have the audacity to accuse me and "de-xtian" me because i use a foul language. u are just a mmoron.
I am a xtain, believe otherwise if u want to. thats ur ffucking business.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Idiot. Now i know that u are a confirmed hypocrite. Didnt u just adopt a post up there in which El-rufai was just called a fool.
Now u have the audacity to accuse me and "de-xtian" me because i use a foul language. u are just a mmoron.
I am a xtain, believe otherwise if u want to. thats ur ffucking business.

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

wettin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre / New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Tests Positive For COVID-19 With Her Security Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.