Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter (22455 Views)

CAN Blasts El-rufai Over Alleged Comment On Jesus Christ / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by takedat(m): 9:15am On Jan 31, 2013
aurenflani:

With all these hawkish biitchery posts of yours, his response is both intelligent and mature compared to your myopic gabbages.
Abeg pay her no mind, let her continue ranting with her shrivelled fingers. She is one stupi.d schizo biitch!
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by tintingz(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2013
mathskill: El rufai is not the originator of the tweet he only retweeted what a CHRISTIAN tweeted.Most people that are calling him names are doing so out of ignorance because they did not read it but got their information from a second source better still dnt know what is being discussed,daft intellect cos they read it but are unable to understand the message he is trying to pass across or as in the responce of CAN pure plain mischief because they understand his message but in other to play to the gallery and pursue the PDP agenda rubbish their main antagonist.That said, a person of El rufai's standing should be more than aware of the polarizing nature of religion in Nigeria and shouln't have made any reference in relation to JESUS no matter how well intentioned,i dare say he learn't his lesson the hard way.
dude you make sense 200+ Likes grin
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2013
Cruxxy: Since he has apologized, i think he should be forgiven.
Christains are civilized people.

Who are Christains?

Many followers of Christ cannot spell their own religion correctly.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2013
1) El-Rufai did not compose the original tweet.

2) The original tweet did not insult Jesus.

3) If I made that statement I definitely would not apologise (it's left to those who did not understand it to get some education).

4) However, El-Rufai apologised.

5) The fact that some other people would have gone on a killing spree if similar comment was made about their religious figures does not mean I should do the same.

6) Some people who are trying to "defend christianity" on this thread are not even demonstrating christian behaviour (swear words, lack of forgiveness, etc).

4 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 9:20am On Jan 31, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Who are 'Xtains'?

what a question. tell me whats ur end game and spare me all these.

ok, searched about u and saw this:

SELFWORTH:

What religion is 'xtainity'?

Followers of Christ are Christians. It's Christianity . Stop this nonsense on NL .

dont have time for craps. carry ur kasala commot abegii
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Kposkila: 9:21am On Jan 31, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...
my friend if dat name shud b treated wit respect nd not meant to b used anyhow,if it were prophet mohamed a christain used, i tel u sum chrs n xt
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by shamson: 9:21am On Jan 31, 2013
playcharles: You should all shut ur mouth, if it where a christian who said Muhammad had slept with Biliki, imagine what the reaction wud have been? they would have demand the head of the person.... grin grin grin just kidding...C A N with their maggout mouth, wethin concern una with politics

Imagine yourself, Muhammad is a furnicator and you don't want negative reaction.
You must be an slowpoke
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2013
Haywhymido: Xtians Forgiving nature? D association actually put dat in question dem self. Whereas, he had said sorry 4 his jokey comment. There is a clear misunderstandin in wot he said. May CAN n oda xtians shd read it wit mor calmness.

Who are ' xtians' ?

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:
what a question. tell me whats ur end game and spare me all these.
ok, searched about u and saw this:
dont have time for craps. carry ur kasala commot abegii

Ignorant people will always refuse correction.

I am a Christian not a ' Xtain'.

I can see there are many Xtain and Xtians on NL. I guess that explains their behaviour.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by tintingz(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Iykopee: if stupidity is not beclouding his sense of reasoning he shud have used mohammed to drive home his point rather dan mock jesus christ...any way, no problem....we'll cartoonise mohammed as usual and set d con3 on fire coz u muslims are raven bellicose feckless scoundrel........if a xtian shud make such comment against mohammed u islamic zombies wud start killing people in d north.
mumu why didnt you blame the christian handler who tweeted the mockery
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Ignorant people will always refuse correction.

I am a Christian not a ' Xtain'.

u are the stony heart refusing to have an open mind here. u are a Christain and i am a Xtian. kill urself if u have issues with that. Nonsense.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 9:32am On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

u are the stony heart refusing to have an open mind here. u are a Christain and i am a Xtian. kill urself if u have issues with that. Nonsense.

What do i care whether you investigate me or not?

Do you have to respond to my comment?

Please move on with your 'Xtain' life and find something better to do with your life.

Hypocrites who call them Christians but do NOT realise united we stand divided we fall.

They exhibit characters of the devil but call themselves followers of 'Christ' .

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by maclatunji: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2013
Aro Okigbo:
if it was truely offensive to muslims, how many people una don kill?

I don't know about killing and killers. Since you are asking for death, we should ask you about the bolded, it seems to be your forte.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by midetinz(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2013
haba mana...shebi He don apologise! why can dey open freshwound again! JESUS christ is a forgiver and he forgives. so what on earth is the prob if u claim to follow jesus christ ,then forgive afterall he made a public apology via twitter! must CAN appear in NEWS everyday?
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...

Where is your brain Try to imagine, if a Christian retweeted something insulting Muhammad. Will the said Christian be safe after apologizing? What if it was a joke? (Danish cartoon).
I'm personally not bothered because I know the truth, but a Muslim saying that is wrong because of the way they would react to jokes on Muhammad.
If a boy tells me my father is an armed robbery, I will only laugh because i know the truth, but if my father goes out every night, I will react differently (aggressive/violent).
P.S. I LAUGHED when i read el-rufai's tweet
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by MahatmaGhandi: 9:36am On Jan 31, 2013
was it a christian that tweeted it ?, a US ambassador was killed because of a video he knew nothing about, what do you have to say about that ? what you forbid dont share with your teeth. the joke is not the offense this is not to encourage such jokes though,the offense is the fact that same cannot be said of el rufai's prophet without heads rolling.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2013
There's this question that persistently pops up in my mind whenever I log on to nairaland. Who is a christian?

Is it someone who chants "christian" from morning to night everyday, or do you determine who is a christian by his behaviour?

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Do you have to respond to my comment?

Please move on with your Xtain life.

Goon, who reponded to my comment first? so u cant stand the heat then why are u in the kitchen? Fire on with ur hypocritical Christain life also.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: was it a christian that tweeted it ?, a US ambassador was killed because of a video he knew nothing about, what do you have to say about that ? what you forbid dont share with your teeth. the joke is not the offense this is not to encourage such jokes though,the offense is the fact that same cannot be said of el rufai's prophet without heads rolling.

Yes, @zeebook (the person that tweeted it) is a christian
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SELFWORTH: 9:45am On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2: There's this question that persistently pops up in my mind whenever I log on to nairaland. Who is a christian?

Is it someone who chants "christian" from morning to night everyday, or do you determine who is a christian by his behaviour?

Don't mind them jare!

They are mostly hypocrites who do not know their Genesis from Lamentations . A lot of them think they are Christians but Christ does not know them.

By their fruits , we shall know them.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by soulfood(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2013

For all those liking what this tonitelli said,i don't get you all. So of all characters that have lived and are living, El Rufai had to use our Lord and Saviour who is seated in heavingly places and one with God as his metaphor/comparison? Why did he not use Buhari or Mohammed? or don't they have women around them too? And now he is saying he did not mean it that way. If you re-tweet something, it means you like the idea behind it and would want your followers to see it. The guy has apologized okay but no one should come here and try to justify him, neither should he try to prove he was right or play politics with the criticism.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2013
soulfood:

For all those liking what this tonitelli said,i don't get you all. So of all characters that have lived and are living, El Rufai had to use our Lord and Saviour who is seated in heavingly places and one with God as his metaphor/comparison? Why did he not use Buhari or Mohammed? or don't they have women around them too? And now he is saying he did not mean it that way. If you re-tweet something, it means you like the idea behind it and would want your followers to see it. The guy has apologized okay but no one should come here and try to justify him, neither should he try to prove he was right or play politics with the criticism.

2 questions for you:

1) Was it El-Rufai that composed that tweet or Zeebook?

2) Is Zeebook a christian or a muslim?
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by dapotemi: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2013
pro01:

And what is the meaning of retweet? Does it not mean that El Rufai endorses the original tweet?

On twitter,Retweet is nt ALWAYS endorsement!infact,on elrufai's bio,he wrote retweets are nt endorsement!though i condemn ђã†̥ Elrufai did,but i tink we r takin it too far.WE ARE NOT MUSLIMS,we shud nt behave like dem.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Demdem(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2013
dapotemi:

On twitter,Retweet is nt ALWAYS endorsement!infact,on elrufai's bio,he wrote retweets are nt endorsement!though i condemn ђã†̥ Elrufai did,but i tink we r takin it too far.WE ARE NOT MUSLIMS,we shud nt behave like dem.

Well said. Though i see nothing wrong in El-rufais action.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by true2god: 10:03am On Jan 31, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Where is your brain Try to imagine, if a Christian retweeted something insulting Muhammad. Will the said Christian be safe after apologizing? What if it was a joke? (Danish cartoon).
I'm personally not bothered because I know the truth, but a Muslim saying that is wrong because of the way they would react to jokes on Muhammad.
If a boy tells me my father is an armed robbery, I will only laugh because i know the truth, but if my father goes out every night, I will react differently (aggressive/violent).
P.S. I LAUGHED when i read el-rufai's tweet
I feel u wella, especially on the last illustration u gave. U r on point.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by tinnymerit(m): 10:04am On Jan 31, 2013
so why cant he used muhammed as an example since hes a muslim.Do you know what will happen if maku and others use muhammed in their response to el-rufai?.I now know truly xtianity is the real religion of peace and not islam.peace.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by skyfall: 10:15am On Jan 31, 2013
@Pyguru
Pls can you tell me what exactly is wrong with my post that you keep banning me? I don't understand.

I can see a lot of very rude comments here and those are not banned.

Does it have to do with your religious sentiments?
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Theodora(f): 10:20am On Jan 31, 2013

You are so right....... but then I believe that comments should be made with care. Referencing religious figures in statements and comparing them to individuals who are unwilling to accept that they have faults; but would rather accuse others who have pointed out that fault people is rather low.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goodmike7: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2013
ballabriggs: Another statement by Christian Bokoharam led by Bi-chop Ayo Orisha-gear-four a renowned ganja man. Of what use is this statement if not to cause further confusion over nothing.

You see why the Catholic Bishop's pulled out of this sham association, they are just too mature to be drawn into such pettiness.

Orisha and his gang in CAN have done more to ridicule Christianity in Nigeria through their militia and chop-I-chop Christianity and so what is the whole fuss about the tweet.

Rest In Peace to the Christian Association of Nigeria

Ode!!!!!!!
CAN is different from PFN
Mumu

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goodmike7: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2013
skyfall: @Pyguru
Pls can you tell me what exactly is wrong with my post that you keep banning me? I don't understand.

I can see a lot of very rude comments here and those are not banned.

Does it have to do with your religious sentiments?

Yes oooo,na so dem dey do. Religious extremists to the core.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by aweleokolo: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2013

That is our problem in this country. Too many educated illiterates. They can read but they can't understand. Its quite tragic how we jump to defend Christ where he isn't even being attacked. We forget that Christ himself put back the soldier's ear that Peter cut off.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goodmike7: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2:

Yes, @zeebook (the person that tweeted it) is a christian

How you take know say na christianna your papa brother ni?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Poses With Mike Ozekhome & Family In Abuja (Photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Will Be Over Soon, Says Buhari. / Bolanle Ambode Presents Ramadan Gifts By Aisha Buhari In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.