Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter (22456 Views)

CAN Blasts El-rufai Over Alleged Comment On Jesus Christ / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goodmike7: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2013
aweleokolo:

That is our problem in this country. Too many educated illiterates. They can read but they can't understand. Its quite tragic how we jump to defend Christ where he isn't even being attacked. We forget that Christ himself put back the soldier's ear that Peter cut off.

But he never rebuked peter too.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by mu2sa2: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2013
CohenJane:

Let's be honest with ourselves here, it takes a very courageous person to make a mistake, realize it and apologize. El rufai, i'm made to understand, has apologize about this matter. As a matter of fact, it was a retweet, and he said he didn't mean it the way people are carrying it about. what else do we want him to do?
Maybe they want el-Rufai to commit suicide in addition to his apology. CAN is proving its critics right- by acting as if it's an extension of PDP.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goodmike7: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2: There's this question that persistently pops up in my mind whenever I log on to nairaland. Who is a christian?

Is it someone who chants "christian" from morning to night everyday, or do you determine who is a christian by his behaviour?

However you place who a christian is,the WORST christian is BETTER than the BEST muslim
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goodmike7: 10:40am On Jan 31, 2013
mu2sa2: Maybe they want el-Rufai to commit suicide in addition to his apology. CAN is proving its critics right- by acting as if it's an extension of PDP.

Aboki shut up
The guy that did the cartoon stuff about mohammed(piss on him)after apologising did you guys stop your killings and protests. ??
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by aweleokolo: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2013
pro01:

And what is the meaning of retweet? Does it not mean that El Rufai endorses the original tweet?

Obviously, you dont use twitter. A retweet is not an endorsement.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Fantacy1(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...
U speak lik coward man! Y didnt he site dat example wit Muhamed and his controvacial religion if he had no oda plans? A child who desired 2 cal his fada an animal cud likewise say: "Dady u ar a Lion" as if praising him
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by bobbydbobo: 11:06am On Jan 31, 2013
bobbydbobo: Honestly, critical thinkers who annalyse the tweet et retweet wld knw that in fact, it was portrayin that in as much as Jesus Christ is upright, some pple wld still blindly throw their support for Jonathan nd Spoil Jesus's name cos they want to support Jonathan. The underlynin analysis there is he agrees that Jesus is upright nd was neva married,but dos pple wld find a way to mar his name.,Nd now I wonder y this is too much to see nd pple just chant War, Quarell and anyfin wen it comes to religion nd other things. I am a christian, so pls don't fink its an "unbiliver". But like Carl Max said, Religion is the Opium of the Masses. Religion has Marred nd affected our reasoning negatively in this part of the world. Tho I have an unshaken faith in whom I serve, I must say I'm beginig to get dissapointed in Religion as a whole, Faith stands tho. Religion has so blocked our ability to stand togeda nd seek a common goal to achieve. 90percent of those on Nairalands are youths nd above, imagine a voice of above 1million of us agreeing on things and stand against a corrupt society, with voices trancending or tribes and religion. Check out 90percent of forums here, its always a religious or tribal war. Before u insult me for being blunt, remember: The Will to absorb a man's reason, understand and digest it, without necessarily accepting it, is being the master of Wisdom.
on this, I stand still.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Iykopee(m): 11:06am On Jan 31, 2013
tintingz: mumu why didnt you blame the christian handler who tweeted the mockery

If u are not a goon of d highest order, what is el rufai's bizness in a christian tweets? Can't he learn to mind his bizness for once? Aimless oaf.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by skyfall: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7:

Yes oooo,na so dem dey do. Religious extremists to the core.

I tire o. Religious people should take it easy. They're spreading too much hate in the world. And they tell us exactly the opposite.

And when I say religious people, I'm not referring to any particular side. AFAIAC, all religions are the same.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2013
skyfall: @Pyguru
Pls can you tell me what exactly is wrong with my post that you keep banning me? I don't understand.

I can see a lot of very rude comments here and those are not banned.

Does it have to do with your religious sentiments?

goodmike7:

Yes oooo,na so dem dey do. Religious extremists to the core.

grin It's always very funny when I see people refer to Pyguru as if it is a human being.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
Lets settle these little differences, both religion need not step on one another. El-Rufai admitted he was wrong already, CAN and everybody as commented too. So let make simple peace fellow Nigerians.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by bodejohn(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
Funny goons are many here.

I asked a simple question, is it possible for a Muslim to mention the name of his Mohammed in the manner of this controversial tweet?

All you guys asking for the head of El Rufai, what are you going to do to Zeebook, a Christian and RCCG church member who started the controversy?

Some Christians are just plain hypocrites!!!

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7:

How you take know say na christianna your papa brother ni?

@zeebook = Bukola Ogunyemi
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 11:12am On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7:

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword".
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by nagoma(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2013
dabrake:
I wonder what's wrong with that quote or is CAN telling us they are gifted in illiteracy? A simple figure of speech.

No wonder the catholics pulled out.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by aweleokolo: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2013
xtayle:

Catholic and Islam are the same. Apart from the Charismatic movement in Catholic, its just like Islam. Catholicm is fetish and it was handed down by the then Emperor (Constatine) of Rome whose government could not stand the rapid growth of the Church in the Roman Empire. So he started killing Xtians but d more he killed them d more the become. He then designed his acceptable mode of Xtianity patterned after the Roman Goddess - the queen of heaven (AKA holy mary) and called it catholic. Then a law went out compelling all subject of Rome can only practice Xtianity d catholic way else you are dead.

Catholic faithfuls use rosary and their islamic counterparts use tesbiu. Its a dogmatic and satanic doctrine without biblical support. Their probable grouse for leaving CAN cannot be too far from the current leadership of d association who is a radical penticostalist. They cannot stand the spiritual flow of penticost.

You managed to read a few books or watch a few documentaries and then come here to tell us that Islam is the same as Catholitism?
You will not log out now and respect yourself and your small brain?

What you know about the Rosary? How is it equal to the tesibi?
Is yuor Bible equal to the Quran?

Anu ofia. angry

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by skyfall: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2:

grin It's always very funny when I see people refer to Pyguru as if it is a human being.

We have to vent our anger now. Even if it's a robot, somebody set the logic it's using.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by xtayle(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2013
gratiaeo:
You have decided to show the whole world how stupid and ignorance you are.... So after all this caution U̶̲̥̅̊ ~a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥~ still smoking?

What do u know? Nothing! You belong to the gutters of mediocrity......
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by aweleokolo: 11:18am On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7:

“So Jesus said to Peter, ‘Put the sword into the sheath; the cup which the Father has given Me, shall I not drink it?’” Go and read your bible please.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Iykopee(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013
aweleokolo:

You managed to read a few books or watch a few documentaries and then come here to tell us that Islam is the same as Catholitism?
You will not log out now and respect yourself and your small brain?

What you know about the Rosary? How is it equal to the tesibi?
Is yuor Bible equal to the Quran?

Anu ofia. angry

A Big anu ofia
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by naptu2: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013
skyfall:

We have to vent our anger now. Even if it's a robot, somebody set the logic it's using.

Very true.

(Although it might be better to direct your anger at the person that set the logic it's using).
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by aweleokolo: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2013
its funny how I'm seeing Christians saying " If it were Mohammed...blah blah blah, the Muslims would have taken to violence...". Are we now to behave as some Muslims do? As children we were taught to say "What would Jesus do?" but as grown adults we have lost that great wisdom. Its a shame. Lets all do as some Muslims do and then call ourselves devote Christians
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by skyfall: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2013
naptu2:

Very true.

(Although it might be better to direct your anger at the person that set the logic it's using).

Thank you jare.

In my language they say "if you want the deaf to hear a story, you say it in presence of his children."
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by touchmehard: 11:29am On Jan 31, 2013
Be that as it may, and from whichever angle one decides to look at the issue, the final conclusion is that ELRUFAI IS SIMPLY A FOOL

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by omaboy: 11:38am On Jan 31, 2013
CAN should face more serious business than to address such an irrelevant issue. What Elrufai said about GEJ and its aids is nothing but the truth.Christianity as a wonderful religion have outgrown such a fanatism.
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
aweleokolo:

Obviously, you dont use twitter. A retweet is not an endorsement.

You people are funny. There is no need to be academic with these things just because you want to defend El Rufai. How can you say categorically that a retweet is not an endorsement? You might say it is not always an endorsement, but of course you realise that it can serve as an endorsement and is widely used as such - i.e. to show that you support or agree with a point of view expressed in the original tweet, or at least that you find it interesting or identify with it. EXCEPT you retweet a comment only to condemn it - which is certainly NOT the case with El Rufai's senseless 'retweet'. Since you use twitter an awful lot, you should know these things.

Chris Syme, Social Media Today
http://socialmediatoday.com/chrissyme/150984/why-do-you-retweet

Why Do You Retweet? Maybe you'll see yourself in one of these groups:

1. To amplify or spread tweets to new audiences.

2. To entertain or inform a specific audience, or as an act of curation.

3. To comment on someone's tweet by retweeting and adding new content, often to begin a conversation. (El Rufai did not retweet to condemn the comment; he retweeted to laugh at the comment. WTF does that imply?)

4. To make one's presence as a listener visible.

5. To publicly agree with someone. (Is this not what "endorsement" means in the context I used the term? ? ?

6. To validate others' thoughts.

7. As an act of friendship, loyalty, or homage by drawing attention, sometimes via a retweet request.

8. To recognize or refer to less popular people or less visible content.

9. For self-gain, either to gain followers or reciprocity from more visible participants.

10. To save tweets for future personal access

4 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by ethicalUser(m): 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Admin keep on barning members one day una go dey beg users to come this site..Nonsense
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Oluwaadajo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Goon, who reponded to my comment first? so u cant stand the heat then why are u in the kitchen? Fire on with ur hypocritical Christain life also.

You are wrong. You are arguing blindly.

I doubt if you are a true Christian .

Is 'goon' a Christian word ?

So many so called Christians are HYPOCRITES.

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Oluwaadajo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Too many hypocrites!

Many have no idea what it takes to be a Christian but come on NL shouting all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Mhudi: 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
We should be objective and honest in our thoughts and commnentaries.If it was a christain that made such careless so call joke using Prophet Mohammed,the aftermath would have been riot and crisis in some sections of the country.
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Mhudi: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Make similar statement in a place like Kano using The Prophet Mohammed instead; in less than a minute, you will be transformed to spirit as your execution would be too swift and fast that you don't know when the heart stops breathing
aweleokolo: its funny how I'm seeing Christians saying " If it were Mohammed...blah blah blah, the Muslims would have taken to violence...". Are we now to behave as some Muslims do? As children we were taught to say "What would Jesus do?" but as grown adults we have lost that great wisdom. Its a shame. Lets all do as some Muslims do and then call ourselves devote Christians

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by ethicalUser(m): 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
We all need to respect our religious differences. El Rufai is literate enough to know the implications of retweeting such message irrespective of the religious background of the user.
If not for the level of corruption in this country the Ram head should have been in jail after allocating several properties in d FCT to his friends and relatives.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Will Be Over Soon, Says Buhari. / Bolanle Ambode Presents Ramadan Gifts By Aisha Buhari In Lagos / No 5 Million Votes For Buhari In Kano - PDP Mock APC, Buhari For Renting Crowds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.