Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? (2595 Views)

Married Men,why Do You Remove Your Wedding Ring?. / Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? / Why Do Single Women Date Married Men Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
I've always wondered why some of us guys lock down ladies for so long in the name of "dating"?
Some for as long as 7 years with nothing to show (not even ring), given a thread I just responded to.
More so, why are this ladies allowing themselves to be locked down like this?

She would have been approached by other very ready men, but because she is in a "relationship" and she wants to be "faithful", she keeps them at arms length....until they move on along.

The sad fact is if at the end of all that, he decides not to go further and the thing ends, you then get thrust back out into the market...possibly a bit over-due past your prime, now trying to compete with younger girls.
God help you if this "relationship" of yours took you past 30 with no solid plans.

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by freecocoa(f): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2013
The only way I can stay in a relationship that long is, if I started daring the guy when I was 14 or 15.

I often wonder at girls who are in such relationships, them strong sha.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 31, 2013
Brothers, I consider this just pure wickedness. Never start anything exclusive with a lady that you know you can't finalize or terminate within AT MOST 3 years.
Anything past that is being selfish.

This is how frustrated, old, single women are born. It's not always that they "messed around" in their youth.
In fact, the ones that messed around know that they are at least there because they were enjoying themselves, and so have less regrets.
Better that than someone who was decent and faithful only to be dragged thru one long thing and dumped at the end of it.
It's just sad.

Looking at things from these lens, I do feel for women. It's not easy, but everyone has got to make REAL decisions.
And that means by judging the guy based on how soon-ish he would be able to commit to serious things.

2 Likes

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 31, 2013
They ain't being chained or caged the last I checked.

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by MrsChima(f): 5:48am On Jan 31, 2013
Awwww. She left huh buffie?
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 31, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Awwww. She left huh buffie?

Most people who read my thread wouldn't come to this conclusion as a taunt cheesy
It makes no sense. I guess you're just special that way.

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Mynd44: 6:09am On Jan 31, 2013
\she is always free to walk but why did she choose to stay? not the guy's fault if you ask me

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 31, 2013
2buff: Brothers, I consider this just pure wickedness. Never start anything exclusive with a lady that you know you can't finalize or terminate within AT MOST 3 years.
Anything past that is being selfish.

This is how frustrated, old, single women are born. It's not always that they "messed around" in their youth.
In fact, the ones that messed around know that they are at least there because they were enjoying themselves, and so have less regrets.
Better that than someone who was decent and faithful only to be dragged thru one long thing and dumped at the end of it.
It's just sad.

Looking at things from these lens, I do feel for women. It's not easy, but everyone has got to make REAL decisions.
And that means by judging the guy based on how soon-ish he would be able to commit to serious things.
Society has changed. Women marry and divorce at will what the big difference.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by jmoore(m): 7:13am On Jan 31, 2013
Is the woman in the relationship a learner?
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by KINGwax(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2013
REALITY101: They ain't being chained or caged the last I checked.
don't mind the kid, he's confused. There's a clear difference btw datin and courting

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by ichidodo: 9:45am On Jan 31, 2013
I feel ure pain op,but that is life. Almost made my first love a victim, locked her down from 2003 to 2011. Though we loved each other to pieces, i knew deep in my heart dat i would not b ready when she was 'set' and thus 'encouraged' her to find some1 else. Now she has a fiance and stil hates mi 4 bailin out though understood why.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by sexybash(f): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2013
some girls decide to lock themselves, grin if the guy is not ready then babe move on, we keep saying is the mans fault not considering that there must been another babe that was coming for the guy to smiley and the girl did not allow him also , we only complain here because most times the guy is the deciding factor smiley
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 31, 2013
WOMEN: Why allow yourself get locked down for so long, or are you a learner?

Abeg which kain one sided thread be this?
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
It's not like the woman is being forced to remain in the r-ship. True, it's selfish for a man to lead a woman on when he knows there's no future with her, but women themselves need to shine their own eyes and realize when a r-ship is not going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Arewa360: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
If you started dating the guy when you were 14, and then married him at 22, that is allowed. But in a situation where you started dating him when you were 25, and he still hasn't waved a ring in your direction after 5 years, then you are seriously a learner
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
The truth is this- Most of the women in this situation did not find a man as good as or better than their current man to marry. Human beings are inherently selfish by nature. We always look out for our selves. I assure you if she had found someone good enough she would have bailed. Now this goes for the men too most times you keep a woman for this long because you are hoping to find something better. Longer throat dey worry una. When a man finds a woman he has strong feelings for, who meets most of his needs he is always in a hurry to take her to the altar. Everybody knows this.

And sometimes the man is not in a good place financially or emotionally so he does not have the courage to add someone else to his plate of worry. Sometimes the woman just loves and believes in her man enough to wait for him. Some men are deceivers, some are confused they can't make up their mind,some are afraid of commitment in all these what stops the woman from putting herself and her needs first (not in a selfish way though)before acting the Florence Nightingale script with the man.

Somehow we can tell if 7 years will lead to the altar.However it is NEVER advisable for a woman to keep all her eggs in one basket when the basket looks as if it might come apart which is why ladies keep your legs closed to avoid unnecessary attachment to the wrong person and in the event of having done the deed it still doesn't mean you stay there even when your senses tell you to move it. Why play the victim? you are not that helpless. Same goes for the men when its time to move it, move it.

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by MrsChima(f): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
2buff:

Most people who read my thread wouldn't come to this conclusion as a taunt cheesy
It makes no sense. I guess you're just special that way.

Special and extremely smart. Winks.

Come here buffie let me kiss ur forehead. Feel better suga? grin
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by AZeD1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Boy meets girl in the 1st year of uni(State school), 4 years turns to 6 because of strike, Nysc adds one more year, then they both go for Masters in the US which takes 2 years. So 6 + 1 + 2 = 9 years.
OP whose fault is that?
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by ikekings(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
I ask myself this same question... A guy and a girl in a relationship for more than two yrs... I don't like such at all.... I don't roll like that anyways... My limit is just a year and we go our separate ways since it won't lead to marriage... @post not only to the men.. But, the women also... Why allow themselves to be on locked down for long?
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by cowgurl: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
aww, how sweet of you to care about 'em ladies. Guys, quit being selfish and stop locking them ladies down ;>
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Mynd44: 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
cowgurl: aww, how sweet of you to care about 'em ladies. Guys, quit being selfish and stop locking them ladies down ;>
The girls should get wise and stop being silly
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by claremont(m): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
The ladies also have the choice to walk away from such a relationship. If the ladies choose not to exercise that choice, the men shouldn't be blamed for it.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Na gurls wey wan wait now...! Me i date one year,if i see no prospects.. I move on..
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by cowgurl: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mynd_44: The girls should get wise and stop being silly
too bad most of them are unwise, hence, they fall preys and learn the hard way.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
cowgurl: too bad most of them are unwise, hence, they fall preys and learn the hard way.
And I stand in a corner laughing at them
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by cowgurl: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mynd_44: And I stand in a corner laughing at them
hahahaha-quite laughable indeed.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
A-ZeD:
Boy meets girl in the 1st year of uni(State school), 4 years turns to 6 because of strike, Nysc adds one more year, then they both go for Masters in the US which takes 2 years. So 6 + 1 + 2 = 9 years.
OP whose fault is that?
The system is cruel shocked
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Mynd44: 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
cowgurl: hahahaha-quite laughable indeed.
It is funniest when they then go to the guys they turn down begging them for a chance

1 Like

Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by chikeorji123(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
Flytefalls:
The system is cruel shocked
l don't think so nne m.
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2013
cowgurl: aww, how sweet of you to care about 'em ladies. Guys, quit being selfish and stop locking them ladies down ;>

were you locked with a hand cuff?...why can't the ladies leave when they're tired of the relationship?.aint you the same type that do scream, LOVE CONQUERS ALL THINGS, LOVE IS ENDURING blah blah blah?.so what's wrong in her staying faithfull to the guy/girl even if the relationship doesn't end up in marriage?.she chose to stay for a reason and if didn't end well, we blame the person at fault which can be either the male or female.it aint gender specific!!

Haven't you seen a situation where a guy breaks up with a girl and she keeps coming back, even trying to frustrate any girl he's dating at the moment?

@OP, it aint guys fault...relationship breaks up..some last, some don't...sometimes it's the guys fault, sometimes it's tha ladies fault.it aint gender specific
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by cowgurl: 8:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
hey you up there,

I do not have a problem with what the poster posted, on the contrary, I do appreciate his concern.
secondly, you were right-I do believe in love but for your info, I also do believe it ain't blind-couples need to be wise while dating whoever they choose to and yes at the same time-take blames when @ fault(no gender bias)

and yeah, ' v seen such scenarios played out where girls do such crap-truth is it's saddening and maddening that all I wanna do is give them a wake-up slap.

so you see, you got me all wrong-so next time, you look carefully before leaping so you don't incure my wrath...
Re: MEN: Why Lock Her Down For So Long? by MrsChima(f): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
ikekings: I ask myself this same question... A guy and a girl in a relationship for more than two yrs... I don't like such at all.... I don't roll like that anyways... My limit is just a year and we go our separate ways since it won't lead to marriage... @post not only to the men.. But, the women also... Why allow themselves to be on locked down for long?

Shaddap mumu! tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Found Out That My Girlfriend Is E-romancing Someone On NL! / Help: I'm In Love With A Commercial Sex Worker!! / How A Nairalander Broke Up With His Lover Yestarday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.