Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering (38895 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / I Want To Know About The Freemasons. Are They Really Satan Worshippers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by thirdeye(m): 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
Untill you realise that Tithes,offerings and Sacrifices are not for the pastors but to promote the work of God, All these stories will always get you angry, what comes to these pastors are prophetic offering which they don't even announce but people on their own go and bless them. As for the cars which were less than what was quoted I believe was done once a year as shiloh sacrifice, the money does not go to the personal account of the man of God but to finance the programmes and other ventures the church is involve in, in otherwords is for anything that concerns the promotion of God's work there are people handling the church account and is not personal, yes some pastors may misuse just as well as a president could embezzle. The offerings were auction to people for farr low prices, meanwhile no one has carried the news of offerings giving to less priviledged.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by AKONE(m): 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
I think people should be careful when making comments. I attended that service and i never knew anything like that took place. Nobody asked anybody to give any special offering. Nobody made any announcement. If people did that, they did it because they felt so & that is not anybody's business, not even the OP. The cars were aunctioned; given out almost free. What else do you want? I'm not a member of his Church but i think u critics need to mind ur own businesses.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
de Hitchcock: This actually happened a few weeks back but I'm only just hearing about it. According to sources in the know, during Winners Chapel Cross Over service on Tuesday January 1st in Canaanland, Ota, Ogun state, worshipers of the church made donations of over 700 exotic cars to the church. People who felt they had been richly blessed in 2012 came to the cross over service with different donations, most significant was the number of exotic brand new cars and SUVs that flooded Canaanland. The people who donated them dropped the keys and documents of the cars during offering. The church auctioned the cars at very cheap prizes to its members. Some cars were sold for as less as N300k

http://macksonokotie..co.uk/2013/01/bishop-oyedepo-gets-over-700-cars-as.html?m=1
http://lindaikeji..com/2013/01/worshippers-give-bishop-oyedepo-700.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The cars should not be auctioned to the rich members, they should be dashed to poor members.

This looks like a re-circulation of wealth between the rich and middle class , while the poor get ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Goshen360(m): 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
You people should just let this matter be. The poor you will have with you ALWAYS. I'm a bible teacher and one thing is sure, If Oyedepo had not twisted scriptures to force or coerce this people into giving; then that will be wrong and we can challenge such teachings or giving but in this case, there's nothing wrong with what the people gave because they did it at their own will. As a man purpose in his heart, so let him give - Giving can be anything.

Have you GIVEN you life to Christ? Yes, you, I mean you that is reading my post. Have you GIVEN your life to Christ?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by uwa1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
Metallurgist: Xtainity is but a chamber of commerce

Dnt say dat
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by totalbaby(f): 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
I HAVE :-)
Goshen360: You people should just let this matter be. The poor you will have with you ALWAYS. I'm a bible teacher and one thing is sure, If Oyedepo had not twisted scriptures to force or coerce this people into giving; there's nothing wrong with what the people gave. Giving can be anything.

Have you GIVEN you life to Christ? Yes, you, I mean you that is reading my post. Have you GIVEN your life to Christ?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ijawkid(m): 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
frosbel:

The cars should not be auctioned to the rich members, they should be dashed to poor members.

This looks like a re-circulation of wealth between the rich and middle class , while the poor get ignored.

Gbam....!!!!!!!.......
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by mrperfect(m): 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
If people belief that God granted their request through the ministry they have reason to thank God there.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by alaoeri: 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Goshen360(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
frosbel:

Brother Frosbel, abeg take am easy. Anybody in Nigeria that can afford to buy a car for 300,000 is NOT a poor person. Believe me!
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Juju pastor
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Chamber10(m): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
manmustwac: NO! They weren't forced to give him. THEY WERE BRAINWASHED!!! angry angry angry

Brainwashed? Did u just said that? Anyway, thank God they were not brainwash to bomb innocent people as ur people do.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360:

Brother Frosbel, abeg take am easy. Anybody in Nigeria that can afford to buy a car for 300,000 is NOT a poor person. Believe me!

I have nothing against free will offerings.

But our concern should be those who cannot afford 10,000 talk less of 300,000, these are the people who need cars to be offered free without charge.

Again, this is a good thing in terms of gesture, however I have a problem with distribution in terms of where the real needs are.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
manmustwac: NO! They weren't forced to give him. THEY WERE BRAINWASHED!!! angry angry angry

They people you call Brainwashed are far better than you, Do you even have a motorcycle not to talk of car and yet you are calling someone who God blessed and he decided to sow a seed BrainWashed. If you sow seed and it didn't work for you, you can stop sowing and let those that understands the concept of seed sowing do it and take the blessing that follows from been a giver.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Hadone(m): 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity.
Mhn... EVERYBODY IS NOW GETTING THE POINT CLEARLY. IT'S ONLY WELCOME IF YOUR ATTACK IS ON ISLAM OR MUSLIMS.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by bongila(f): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mad Cow:

Indeed you are unstoppable... You all have drifted far far beyond redemption...

May God have mercy on all of you.....

Keep hating while we keep flying high and making waves. Keeping people like you busy hating what you can't understand.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by chocopearl(f): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
homesteady: dats why Living Faith rich members are becoming richer!! Dy give freeely nd handsomely!!.....don't even ask me "wat of d poor members"....dey are nt becoming poorer...
jst take a deep breath, read ur comment over again and den listen to urself, the rich re getting richer because dey bought exotic cars for their pastor?? I always feel sad wen i see rich xtians in dis country behave dat way cos d bible we all read actually said whatsoeva u do to d ''least of ur brother's(nt to ur pastor)'' dat u do unto me!!!
STOP TRYING TO PLEASE UR PASTOR WEN UR BROTHER IS DYING OF HUNGER

4 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Goshen360(m): 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
frosbel:

I have nothing against free will offerings.

But our concern should be those who cannot afford 10,000 talk less of 300,000, these are the people who need cars to be offered free without charge.

Again, this is a good thing in terms of gesture, however I have a problem with distribution in terms of where the real needs are.

Off course I cannot argue about the real poor people who need help. My point is, for someone to buy a car at the cost of 300,000; I don't think that person is poor in own opinion. Also, to give cars worth 300,000 to 1M to someone who doesn't worth 10,000 doesn't make sense unless such person is gonna sell it and use the money for pressing needs. How is someone who is only worth 10,000 naira gonna maintain a car worth 300,000 to 1M? It's okay if the money was given to the poor but my main point is the fact that people are gonna start critizing that cars were given.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by BodyKiss(m): 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Does it mean that we don't have any charity organization in this country? It'd be more worth while to give to charity organizations than to invest in somebody's personal business. Oh Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by moonraker(m): 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360: As long as the givers were NEVER forced to give. It's nobody's business.

As long as there were no jazz involved!!!
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by tintingz(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hehehehe grin 700 cars soon now we will hear 700 jets grin . . .business house grin

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nonybb: 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Lets stop worshing our pastors! Truth hurts!

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Goshen360(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
moonraker:

As long as there were no jazz involved!!!

It doesn't necessarily have to involve jazz. Someone can be force by words - coercing or by twisting bible verses. That's what I'm talking about. Giving can be anything as long as it is from the heart of the giver(s). Mind you, I'm not a member of Winners' Chapel, for your information. We don't just crucify anybody for no genuine reason. That's unlike Christ.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by OluEmmaAss: 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
just 700 cars? Too small! What of Pastor Adeboye who got a jet as gift, and d jets is better n costlier than everyone Papa owns. The members felt he had been a blessing during d year n decided to appreciate him. He surely didn't ask for it or even need it.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by tintingz(m): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2013
Abdul Adam56: Juju pastor
jazz his members cheesy
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by FXKing2012(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
Table Leg :

Shut up!
Brainwashed foooooool!!
Sharraaaaaap! Is it your business, or anybody's business for that matter, whom I choose to give my money to? Why e dey pain you sef? Come to think of it, the loudest critics are poor folks, the rich dont care and are always willing to give as much as possible.

The man is there flying high and you are here frowning your face and looking older by the day over something that is none of your business.

Abeg go find job!
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by EasyNaijacom: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
This is a massive shame. 700 cars.
Yesterday on my way to work, I saw this man sitting on the sidewalk eating something out of a bowl, it didn't take long to notice that it was little bits of bread soaked in water.
Out of compassion, I gave him N200 and walked away.

Also, during thanksgiving in my church, I see rich men donating millions of naira to the church (already completed) while beggars sit hopelessly under the scorching sun outside the church gate. Outside the church gate!! and after church, these same men would either totally ignore the beggars trailing after them or give them 10 Naira. 10 Naira!! Shame on them all. They give money to churches as though the priests would send the money directly to God.

The best way to please God is to help other people.

We keep protesting and complaining that the level of poverty in the country is off the top but when a homeless man asks for spare change we're too busy protesting to even listen. We spit in the faces of the same people we're fighting for. We keep asking for change when we are the ones to make the change. The change begins with you.

3 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by alphaconde(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
But why dem con sell the car cheap. Dats a waste where they in rush to change everything to cash?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360:

Off course I cannot argue about the real poor people who need help. My point is, for someone to buy a car at the cost of 300,000; I don't think that person is poor in own opinion. Also, to give cars worth 300,000 to 1M to someone who doesn't worth 10,000 doesn't make sense unless such person is gonna sell it and use the money for pressing needs. How is someone who is only worth 10,000 naira gonna maintain a car worth 300,000 to 1M? It's okay if the money was given to the poor but my main point is the fact that people are gonna start critizing that cars were given.

God knows the hearts.

Giving cars, houses etc is no body's business ,but between me and you and our brethren, who are these gifts going to ?

The rich in Nigeria always donate to the rich , what about the poor ?

Give to those who cannot give you back anything in return and your reward is truly with God in heaven.

5 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
This is a massive shame. 700 cars.
Yesterday on my way to work, I saw this man sitting on the sidewalk eating something out of a bowl, it didn't take long to notice that it was little bits of bread soaked in water.
Out of compassion, I gave him N200 and walked away.

Also, during thanksgiving in my church, I see rich men donating millions of naira to the church (already completed) while beggars sit hopelessly under the scorching sun outside the church gate. Outside the church gate!! and after church, these same men would either totally ignore the beggars trailing after them or give them 10 Naira. 10 Naira!! Shame on them all. They give money to churches as though the priests would send the money directly to God.

The best way to please God is to help other people.

We keep protesting and complaining that the level of poverty in the country is off the top but when a homeless man asks for spare change we're too busy protesting to even listen. We spit in the faces of the same people we're fighting for. We keep asking for change when we are the ones to make the change. The change begins with you.

Precisely the point.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by HARDDON: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
berem: hmmm.... very soon they will start competing with Coscharis. smh for gullible Christians.

here we go again ! I usually try hard to avoid splitting heirs on topics like dis but ï'd make dis an exception:

There r principles that guild wealth. Which prayers and fasting cannot overrule.

The very first of such is Giving.

The Herbalists know this and therefore you have blood money. give a life, get money (blood fully ) τaικ of darkness mimicking light.

Nature knows this that is why there is a season you nid to sow a seed( give d ground a seed), and it in due season yield you an harvest.

Moslems know this and kill a lot of rams as sacrifices during salah

And you all propose Christains fast and pray huh? When it is expressly stated in so many chapters of the bible that giving is a Spring board to receiving? Tho very few Christians obey this and therefore look ƒoя ωнo to depend on. Or use fasting and prayers to harass God when he has told us in plain terms d principle.

Man is naturally a stingy being . If he can conquer dis, he can conquer all! After all, the only prove of Luv is Giving. Ƒoя God sö loved the world he GAVE! Hére is uя example.

Ƒoя those of Ʊ saying the poor shld ß given to, let me enlighten your poor thinking. A man is not poor because he has no money. A man is poor because he has poor mentality. Poor thinking faculty.
Giv such a man a million today, Ʊ wud still find him on d streets begging tomorow. What such a man need is mind reformation Which Bishop Oyedepo has bin Using God's word to achieve.
And to further buttress dis, ενεη Jesus said the world would always have the poor . Wonder y? Few know the principle of wealth and ενεη fewer people there are, that r willing to pay the price ƒoя dis rise

Politicians carry out ritual sacrifices ƒoя political offices.

Christains shld learn to give more dan all these aforementioned fakes.

OP , if only you can monitor dose guys that gave those offerings dis year, you wud give more than dey all come December dis year cos their reaping wud ß bountiful!

THERE IS HE THAT SCATTERTH, YET INCREASETH. AND THERE IS HE THAT WITH HOLDETH MUCH. AND IT TENDED TO POVERTY!

HEAP MANURE , IT STINKS, BUT SPREAD IT, IT MAKES THINGS GROW!

ΡΡℓ GIVE NOT ONLY TO BREAK OUT OF POVERTY BUT TO ALSO SAЧ THANK YOU LORD ƑOЯ THE GIFT OF LIFE!

and some folks seee this as brain wash in their myopic quagmire?

Simply shake мч head.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos) / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.