Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering (38898 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / I Want To Know About The Freemasons. Are They Really Satan Worshippers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ijawkid(m): 12:46am On Feb 01, 2013
jmoore: Do you live with these givers? Please say what you are sure of. Even Kings and Queens brought gifts to King Solomon.

solomon was a king..........kings have no choice but to be given gifts even if they have it all......besides no right thinking jew would give his/her belongings to solomon(who was wealthy) when there are other less priviledged jews....is oyedepo a king??....i expected you to had given an example of a christian...........go and read the book of acts and see how giving was practiced amongst early christians.........after reading compare it with the rubbish that is been done today under the cloak of offerings.....if these givers were with there bible trained consciences they would not even give a man who owns more than 2 private jets a dime more or else 700 cars as offering...let them focus on the poor membersssssss...........

2 Corinthians 8:14-15
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack—that there may be equality. 15 As it is written, “He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack.”[a]

how do you apply this scriptural principle in the church when the rich keeps giving a fellow rich man gifts??............

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by jmoore(m): 12:48am On Feb 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

Don't tell me that is how your God works? "Settle me and i will bless you"

Remember "seek ye the kingdom of heaven and every other thing will be added. "
those who work in the house of God should be rewarded thats why God instructed that Christians should give to the church. "The every other thing that will be added" will it fall from the sky? It will come from humans. It is not your money therefore leave them. Most of those that are quick to speak for the poor hardly do anything for the poor. If a rich man sends a poor man's kid to abroad on a scholarship it hardly makes news but if the same rich man gives a car to his pastor then it will make headlines. smh
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ijawkid(m): 12:52am On Feb 01, 2013
jmoore:
those who work in the house of God should be rewarded thats why God instructed that Christians should give to the church. "The every other thing that will be added" will it fall from the sky? It will come from humans. It is not your money therefore leave them. Most of those that are quick to speak for the poor hardly do anything for the poor. If a rich man sends a poor man's kid to abroad on a scholarship it hardly makes news but if the same rich man gives a car to his pastor then it will make headlines. smh

can you support the above with facts??.....

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by AZeD1(m): 12:53am On Feb 01, 2013
jmoore:

Who is the church?

As for the second part in bold fonts, read the portion of the bible where it says your right hand should not know what your left hand is giving. Do you give to make the news or do you give to show off?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 01, 2013
Wise-talk:
I like the words (blah x3, boohoo). These are words emanating from your volumes of illiteracy. More senseless words may make you dumb, better go for prayers before your case gets worse.
Okay, religionist with a peanut brain. Be happy for being brainwashed by your pastor.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 01, 2013
as a good pastor as claimed, he his now ''rich enough''. he should sell those cars and give the money to charity or the less privilege. he already has enough cars with private job. this would definitely do no harm to you.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by joyli: 1:02am On Feb 01, 2013
grin grin grin The members are CRAIZICALLY Bless
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 01, 2013
What is a good location to start a church in Lagos
Someone should advise me
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 1:17am On Feb 01, 2013
nwando: What is a good location to start a church in Lagos
Someone should advise me
Why not buy shares from Oyedepo's church?!
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 01, 2013
manmustwac: NO! They weren't forced to give him. THEY WERE BRAINWASHED!!! angry angry angry

and you know this how?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by mykuye(m): 2:17am On Feb 01, 2013
uboma: can anyone confirm the op's post. Source of information pls
surely its true, i witness it i was even partake in buying electronic like 42'' plasma tv samsang (#42,000) washing maching (#18,000) recharge radio (#500) all new tear rubber
some cars were sold for #80,000 and u can buy as many as possible Goods u like not even for their church member alone na for my korokoro eye
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by OCcool: 2:20am On Feb 01, 2013
Give, it shall be given unto u, gud measure, pressed down, shaken 2geda and running over shall men give 2 ur bosom. For d same measure u measure 2 others shall be measured to u (Luke 6 vs 38)
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by dinggle: 2:32am On Feb 01, 2013
I weep for the members, when they have needy neighbors, it is to impress a pastor?....Kai! these are truly the last days, common sense no longer exist among Christians.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ujesha: 3:09am On Feb 01, 2013
I think people need to be properly inform about this issue and record be set straight. Nobody donated cars to Papa during cross over night. The cars in question were given to the church during last shiloh as sacrificial offering and it has been the tradition of our church over the years and people has been bless through it. Thanks
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by badassnigga(m): 3:20am On Feb 01, 2013
undecidedgullible n brainwashed followers
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by badassnigga(m): 3:28am On Feb 01, 2013
gullible n brainwashed followers undecided
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by uboma(m): 3:37am On Feb 01, 2013
CohenJane:

"It was reported that..." So, don't take it serious. By the way, on a blog post ...? I can't believe that!

I share same thots with u
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by uboma(m): 3:44am On Feb 01, 2013
Goshen360:

No, MMW, If they were NOT forced but did it on their own account, that's not brainwash. It's just like you giving you money to whoever or whatever you choose to and somebody telling you why did you do that? Are we suppose to say you're also brainwashed for doing what you did? Let's not be quick to judge please.

I remember reading a part in the Bible where Jesus Christ told a certain rich man to go sell his belongings, give the proceeds to the poor and come be his follower. Jesus never said 'donate ur belongings to me'. These people were simply brainwashed. believe it or not. I am sure there are poor ones in their midst who can't afford to eat three times daily or even pay their children's school fees...
Food for thot...

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by yusmanmoha85(m): 4:00am On Feb 01, 2013
ijawkid: hmmmmm......

cant the givers give those cars to the poor ones amongst them??...must it go to the already wealthy daddy G.O??....
My brother I wonder ooo... They fail to understand dat it pay more to give to d poor dan d rich.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by yusmanmoha85(m): 4:20am On Feb 01, 2013
all4naija: Okay, religionist with a peanut brain. Be happy for being brainwashed by your pastor.
I pity pple like u. Not all pple dat cal themself men of God r realy 4rm God. Brainwashed by fraudster and be happy? May God help u.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by uboma(m): 4:23am On Feb 01, 2013
mykuye:
surely its true, i witness it i was even partake in buying electronic like 42'' plasma tv samsang (#42,000) washing maching (#18,000) recharge radio (#500) all new tear rubber
some cars were sold for #80,000 and u can buy as many as possible Goods u like not even for their church member alone na for my korokoro eye

A suposedly 'house of God' becomes a market overnight. What did Jesus do to those buying and selling at the house of God?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Engineer96(m): 4:48am On Feb 01, 2013
No matter how anyone sees it.
Christianity is a better religion for me. This involves money but your life is preserved. Moreover, these are free will donations.
Compare this with the blood sucking, killer and anti life religion and tell me which one is better.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by cheleku(m): 5:10am On Feb 01, 2013
Metallurgist: Xtainity is but a chamber of commerce

Did you just say Christianity? I certainly hope you don't mean christianity. That you have qualms with a clergyman doesn't warrant taking on Christianity at large. Be careful. A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Okwyjesus(m): 5:29am On Feb 01, 2013
Am sure those church members didnt borrow the money from any of ur family members to buy those cars. why giving yourself headache.

You cant stop people that do what have kept them ahead of you. Remain in your shallow understanding and leave people who know better than you alone. Wise fools everywhr in NL.....Abegggggggggg.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by bongila(f): 5:34am On Feb 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

Givers never lack but they might also never have excess. Christians should really read about Jesus teachings on giving.

“Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogue and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full” (Matthew 6:1-2).

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed (Proverbs 19:17)

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?(1 John 3:17)

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.(Proverbs 14:31)

He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”(Luke 14:12-14)

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”(Matthew 19:21)

Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor(Proverbs 22:9)

And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need(Acts 2:44-45)

Nice sermon,have you started selling off your earthly possessions to cater to the poor?
Do this first then come back and discuss on seed sowing.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by frederal(m): 5:44am On Feb 01, 2013
At last, only d word of God(Holy One) shall stand. Its good to give to the Lord.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Originalsly: 5:50am On Feb 01, 2013
Hmmm...suddenly they all decided to present cars as offering...ok...but since when are offerings to be sold? Bunch of bandits.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Turbocharged: 6:08am On Feb 01, 2013
You just repeated the same thing Judas said some 2000year ago.
Maybe 2 of u hv the same mindset and destiny. #justthinking#

ijawkid: hmmmmm......

cant the givers give those cars to the poor ones amongst them??...must it go to the already wealthy daddy G.O??....
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Jarvis(m): 6:10am On Feb 01, 2013
manmustwac: NO! They weren't forced to give him. THEY WERE BRAINWASHED!!! angry angry angry
u are so so ryt.....even the educated ones fa!
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ijawkid(m): 6:22am On Feb 01, 2013
Turbocharged: You just repeated the same thing Judas said some 2000year ago.
Maybe 2 of u hv the same mindset and destiny. #justthinking#

Lol.................its like you didn't read the 2 corinthians 8:14 I quoted abi??...........and please don't compare judas' case with mine...........Judas had an alterior motive when he uttered those words(not that his suggestion was bad in itself)...he was a thief while I'm nÓt..... also Jesus who was given a very expensive gift which prompted judas' comment wasn't a rich fellow.........giving gifts to the rich is foolishness and an eye service giving .................such kind of fake giving is described all over the scriptures..................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.