Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering (38893 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / I Want To Know About The Freemasons. Are They Really Satan Worshippers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Phonon: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
What were they being led by?IRRATIONALITY?I am sure those that donated those cars have family members or friends who would have had one financial problem or the other that the money would have helped solve.When people say they are led by the 'spirit',it does not necessarily mean the Holy Spirit.
Vanneni: Are offerings meant for the pastor The post says the cars were given as offerings and they were cheaply sold and the money would definitely have been put into the church's account. The worshipers did as they were led.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Truckpusher(m): 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
Goshen360: ^
http://macksonokotie..co.uk/2013/01/bishop-oyedepo-gets-over-700-cars-as.html?m=1

^
But It's none of our business if the givers were NOT forced to give whatever they gave.
Have you heard about being coerced to give? and of course you do not expect the gullible ardent Nigerian church goer not to give after their neighbors have given theirs, always with the mentality 'let them not think that God didn't bless us too'...poverty has made the ordinary man a pawn in their hands while those that are rich are constantly reminded of evil forces that are against them or witchcraft and all that tales by moonlight they tell them to keep them constantly on their toes... grin grin grin grin grin..the bible truly said it that "my people perish from a lack of knowledge"Hosea 4:6....i won't be surprised if some of these folks borrowed money to buy those cars while hoping for open heaven...buhahahahaha
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by paris10: 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nigerians think they have to give to a Church in order to get blessed by God. Most of these big givers are attention seekers and only use Church as a cover up. Getting blessed whilst you attend your Church has nothing to do with that Church, it is God blessings. Stop being brainwashed.

If your Pastor has a major influence in your life and he's already rich or wealthy, look for that broke a.s.s brother or sister next to you and give that car or money to them. God reward this type of giving than any other. 700 cars would have done much to those mothers with 3 kids who have to walk 5 miles to take their kids to school.

Bringing the tithes or offering into the house of God means looking out for those brethren who are poor and giving the tithes to them. Nigerians are gullible .

It's good to give to the Church, but this type of giving doesn't just add up.

3 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by onatisi(m): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
no shaking,the bible says ,bless and you shall be blessed.
so no wahala
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by stagger: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
This is a regular occurrence. People have been blessed and donate a lot of cars to the church. In 2003, the number of cars was so great that many had to be shipped off to Port Harcourt and many other branches. I know a friend of mine who got 2 cars at the auction at N250k each, and from trekking levels, he suddenly became a car owner.

I call this spreading the wealth. And for those who say that they should be given to the poor, ask yourself this: is a poor man better suited using a bicycle than using a car which he has to fuel at N97 per litre, service and occasionally repair, etc? Cars are liabilities and if you do not have money to maintain one, it is better you do not go near. I once had a 70 litre vehicle that I was filling every week. That is N28,000 in fuel in today's costs. How do you expect someone on minimum wage pay to afford owning such a car?

Tell me, is that for poor men? Shoe get size for this life, and anyone who wears size 7 and buys size 11 shoe is asking for trouble. Wait until your size reaches size 11 before you wear size 11 shoe. E go reach all man finally, but such things are for those who can afford them.

Finally, the title on the front page is misleading: these cars are mostly sown as sacrificial offerings. Only a few are made as personal gifts to Bishop and I can tell you he does not even use them. He simply sends them off for the auctions. And many of these gifts are not even from church members.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by EasyNaijacom: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
HARDDON:

here we go again ! I usually try hard to avoid splitting heirs on topics like dis but ï'd make dis an exception:

There r principles that guild wealth. Which prayers and fasting cannot overrule.

The very first of such is Giving.

The Herbalists know this and therefore you have blood money. give a life, get money (blood fully ) τaικ of darkness mimicking light.

Nature knows this that is why there is a season you nid to sow a seed( give d ground a seed), and it in due season yield you an harvest.

Moslems know this and kill a lot of rams as sacrifices during salah

And you all propose Christains fast and pray huh? When it is expressly stated in so many chapters of the bible that giving is a Spring board to receiving? Tho very few Christians obey this and therefore look ƒoя ωнo to depend on. Or use fasting and prayers to harass God when he has told us in plain terms d principle.

Man is naturally a stingy being . If he can conquer dis, he can conquer all! After all, the only prove of Luv is Giving. Ƒoя God sö loved the world he GAVE! Hére is uя example.

Ƒoя those of Ʊ saying the poor shld ß given to, let me enlighten your poor thinking. A man is not poor because he has no money. A man is poor because he has poor mentality. Poor thinking faculty.
Giv such a man a million today, Ʊ wud still find him on d streets begging tomorow. What such a man need is mind reformation
Which Bishop Oyedepo has bin Using God's word to achieve.
And to further buttress dis, ενεη Jesus said the world would always have the poor . Wonder y? Few know the principle of wealth and ενεη fewer people there are, that r willing to pay the price ƒoя dis rise

Politicians carry out ritual sacrifices ƒoя political offices.

Christains shld learn to give more dan all these aforementioned fakes.

OP , if only you can monitor dose guys that gave those offerings dis year, you wud given more than dey all come December dis year cos their reaping wud ß bountiful!

THERE IS HE THAT SCATTERTH, YET INCREASETH. AND THERE IS HE THAT WITH HOLDETH MUCH. AND IT TENDED TO POVERTY!

HEAP MANURE , IT STINKS, BUT SPREAD IT, IT MAKES THINGS GROW!

ΡΡℓ GIVE NOT ONLY TO BREAK OUT OF POVERTY BUT TO ALSO SAЧ THANK YOU LORD ƑOЯ THE GIFT OF LIFE!

and some folks seee this as brain wash in their myopic quagmire?

Simply shake мч head.

Please keep shaking your head, maybe one day some brain cells would become active.
What you are trying to insinuate in the first bolded quote above is that it would be my fault if my parents were not rich enough to send me to school to be educated so I can get a job and make money? It would be my fault abi?

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by tunapawizzy: 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Vanneni: Well...some of them 'might' give for showbiz but then it's their business and God's. Let Him be the judge of that.
i am not judging sister, just saying for d sake of humanity, i weep when i see peeps that cant even afford to eat not to talk of own goood things of life
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by AZeD1(m): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
gboss4sure:

They people you call Brainwashed are far better than you, Do you even have a motorcycle not to talk of car and yet you are calling someone who[b] God blessed and he decided to sow a seed[/b] BrainWashed. If you sow seed and it didn't work for you, you can stop sowing and let those that understands the concept of seed sowing do it and take the blessing that follows from been a giver.

How do you know those people were blessed by God? Do you want to tell me that not one of those people did something "wrong" like bribe/embezzle/ etc ?

That's why Nigeria is moving backwards because the Nigerian thinks God's blessing are financial.

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
ijawkid:

Hmmmm.........my problem is with the givers who never read there bibles to know that the monies used in buying those cars should have been given straight to the poor ones in that church.........aren't there poor peoples anymore in that church??............

and what would the monies accrued from the sales of those cars be used for??........to enrich oyedepo.........not so??..........

The truth is those members were goaded at some point........because the manner of giving I'm seeing from the givers makes no sense scripturally speaking.............
You can't say the money is used to enrich Oyedepo. True the manner of giving was uncalled for. But then, the Bible doesn't condemn it, does it? You can correct me if it does.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by rezzy: 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
ijawkid: hmmmmm......

cant the givers give those cars to the poor ones amongst them??...must it go to the already wealthy daddy G.O??....

He is been blessed with those cars because he is a giver. Givers never lack
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by tunapawizzy: 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
This is a massive shame. 700 cars.
Yesterday on my way to work, I saw this man sitting on the sidewalk eating something out of a bowl, it didn't take long to notice that it was little bits of bread soaked in water.
Out of compassion, I gave him N200 and walked away.

Also, during thanksgiving in my church, I see rich men donating millions of naira to the church (already completed) while beggars sit hopelessly under the scorching sun outside the church gate. Outside the church gate!! and after church, these same men would either totally ignore the beggars trailing after them or give them 10 Naira. 10 Naira!! Shame on them all. They give money to churches as though the priests would send the money directly to God.

The best way to please God is to help other people.

We keep protesting and complaining that the level of poverty in the country is off the top but when a homeless man asks for spare change we're too busy protesting to even listen. We spit in the faces of the same people we're fighting for. We keep asking for change when we are the ones to make the change. The change begins with you.
GOD BLESS U
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by tunapawizzy: 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
g
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by HARDDON: 11:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
paris10: Nigerians think they have to give to a Church in order to get blessed by God. Most of these big givers are attention seekers and only use Church as a cover up. Getting blessed whilst you attend your Church has nothing to do with that Church, it is God blessings. Stop being brainwashed.

If your Pastor has a major influence in your life and he's already rich or wealthy, look for that broke a.s.s brother or sister next to you and give that car or money to them. God reward this type of giving than any other. 700 cars would have done much to those mothers with 3 kids who have to walk 5 miles to take their kids to school.

Bringing the tithes or offering into the house of God means looking out for those brethren who are poor and giving the tithes to them. Nigerians are gullible .

It's good to give to the Church, but this type of giving doesn't just add up.

is it all grounds farmers sow their seeds?

there r designated grounds ƒoя sacrifices gee. Go figure .
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by theripper2: 11:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
As for me, I would say, may God bless me so dat I become a blessing to others, even donating a Jet would not bother me. I receive grace to excel in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by OCcool: 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Abdul Adam56: Juju pastor
guy jst shut up ur mouth there
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by tunapawizzy: 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
rezzy:

for d sake of humanity please have sense....
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
@OP
Hehehe... Please, stop posting shiits about the pastorprenuer here if you don't want him to be insulted
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by stagger: 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Please keep shaking your head, maybe one day some brain cells would become active.
What you are trying to insinuate in the first bolded quote above is that it would be my fault if my parents were not rich enough to send me to school to be [b]educated so I can get a job and make money?[/b] It would be my fault abi?

My father was an orphan at 13 years, and wrote GCE O/level and A/level as a ship loading boy, carrying back breaking bags of rice, palm kernels, etc for export. Got admission and God rewarded his effort with scholarships at Bachelors, Masters and eventually PhD level.

We have a saying in my place that when you agree, your God will agree with you. The way you make your bed is the way you will lie on it. If you are born into poverty, you decide whether you will remain there or not. Or don't you know that many of the world's billionaires were born poor and are hard core givers?

Giving is a principle of this life. It is a law that works for both Christians and non-Christians: YOU GIVE, YOU WILL RECEIVE! You can never become rich as a Christian by fasting and prayer. Money answers to giving!

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
Phonon: What were they being led by?IRRATIONALITY?I am sure those that donated those cars have family members or friends who would have had one financial problem or the other that the money would have helped solve.When people say they are led by the 'spirit',it does not necessarily mean the Holy Spirit.
Lol grin Maybe but that's human beings for you. Anyhow it is, it's not our business.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by HerexG(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
I admire a certain priest, i admired him a lot because he did
something worthy of emulation.
Here is what he did....
The priest drives a humble volkswagen beetle car happily, then
one day, a certain member of his church drove in with a nice
saloon car to his house. Before the priest knows what was
happening the church member gave the car keys to the saloon
car and say " sir this is ur new car, we don't want you driving that
old saloon car anymore", and the man priest replied shaking his
head and saying " son i'm contented with the car i drive, it serves
the purpose i bought, thank you for the new car but i won't
accept it. There are a lot people hungry out there, people who can
hardly boost of a meal a day, people who can hardly take care of
their welfare , pls take this car sell it then take the money and
share among this people. I'm sure my heavenly Father will bless
you more by doing this".
My question is how many pastors or priest can do this ?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by HARDDON: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
Vanneni: You can't say the money is used to enrich Oyedepo. True the manner of giving was uncalled for. But then, the Bible doesn't condemn it, does it? You can correct me if it does.

There is no manner that is uncalled ƒoя when giving is involved. And my offering can ß any thing . Money , aircrafts , cars , ship or otherwise . Follow d inner nudging
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by EasyNaijacom: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
rezzy:

Blessed by ignorant morons. Yeah it's a good thing he gives but do not use that as an excuse. What does he give? Money.. Where does the money come from? The masses. The same masses.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by nagoma(m): 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
How many cars make one Jet? Can someone help me with the current exchange rate?
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by stagger: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
HARDDON:

Don't mind him. When people like Adenuga give Obj N250million for his library, you think he does not know what he is doing? Has he ever donated such money to the poor in Nigeria? Is he not getting richer and richer?

That is why there are too many hungry people and scammers on Nairaland: they know next to nothing about principles of money.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by solomon111(m): 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
HARDDON:

The most fertile ground for any sacrificial giving is in the life of the very poor brother/sister who have no way or means of repaying you.
Jesus said 'As long as you 've done this to the least of my brethren,you 've done it unto me'.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
nagoma: How many cars make one Jet? Can someone help me with the current exchange rate?
Lol... It depends on the kinda car. 10 Bugatti Veryon cars can purchase a luxury private jet.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by AZeD1(m): 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
rezzy:

Givers never lack but they might also never have excess. Christians should really read about Jesus teachings on giving.

“Be careful not to do your acts of righteousness before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogue and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full” (Matthew 6:1-2).

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed (Proverbs 19:17)

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?(1 John 3:17)

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.(Proverbs 14:31)

He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”(Luke 14:12-14)

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”(Matthew 19:21)

Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor(Proverbs 22:9)

And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need(Acts 2:44-45)

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by jmoore(m): 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
ijawkid: hmmmmm......

cant the givers give those cars to the poor ones amongst them??...must it go to the already wealthy daddy G.O??....

how many have you given to the poor? and who told you they dont give anything to the poor. smh
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by jmoore(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
manmustwac: NO! They weren't forced to give him. THEY WERE BRAINWASHED!!! angry angry angry
we are all brainwashed to believe that water is made up of H2O.
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ijawkid(m): 11:25pm On Jan 31, 2013
Vanneni: You can't say the money is used to enrich Oyedepo. True the manner of giving was uncalled for. But then, the Bible doesn't condemn it, does it? You can correct me if it does.

the OP says 700 cars were given to oyedepo as offering......the money goes back to the same wealthy oyedepo.......i blame the persons who bought those cars and offering them to oyedepo.......they dont know what real scriptural giving is all about.........smh.....let them go read about the 1st century christians and emulate there way of giving and stop this eye service selfish giving......
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by ijawkid(m): 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
jmoore:

how many have you given to the poor? and who told you they dont give anything to the poor. smh

why would persons who claim to be followers of Christ buy cars(700) and hand it over as an offering to an already rich G.O??......the manner of giving shows these givers care less about the poor ones in there midst...........and i give what ever i have to the poor all the time.........
Re: Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering by HARDDON: 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Blessed by ignorant morons. Yeah it's a good thing he gives but do not use that as an excuse. What does he give? Money.. Where does the money come from? The masses. The same masses.

Oh dear ! Wish God open your eyes of Understanding.

Ƒoя uя info, church account is different from pastor's account. He ofcos knows that if he spend fröm church account, it is called stealing!

I know a pastor that write books , sell cds and dvds but not a dime goes to his accounts from these! all goes to d church's accounts

All d church properties are bought with d name of the church and not in his name!

I marvel @ ρρℓ saying masses give to enrich pastors, not so @ all! I know that no oηε give mind blowing offerings as some pastors . iмagiпԑ five services where a pastor gives $1 million US dolls in each service! $5mill dolls on a Sunday service! his harvest is always massive!

Pray tell ♏ԑ, haw much can d masses give that can sustain dis kind of dangerous giving?

It is high time you all wake up from your parochial plains and taste dis spiritual principle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos) / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.