Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? (9850 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Eisenhower(m): 1:43am On Feb 05, 2013
Mindependent:

Well you have this mentality only because you have not met me yet, I have the ability to change opinions in a flash grin
...mindependent; itz not a mentality but the obtainable reality that has been breed overtime and itz now part of our society..as for meeting u to change my perspective buzz me a PM or a tweet:
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 1:47am On Feb 05, 2013
Eisenhower: ...mindependent; itz not a mentality but the obtainable reality that has been breed overtime and itz now part of our society..as for meeting u to change my perspective buzz me a PM or a tweet:
wow-----u got it right____as for mindependent::::VAL NO FAR!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
dmcdad:
Then maybe women are from the pluto that has been extincted... Hmm Gosh! Silly generalizations again...
what a small mind you've got. Smh
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
ATMC: what a small mind you've got. Smh

shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
ATMC: what a small mind you've got. Smh
Like seriously? Don't you think you are the one with the meagre mind

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by P4VS20: 1:05am On Feb 07, 2013
Omoteeh: I have asked myself so many times too. Simple answer is,most Nigerian men and African men in general are naturally brought up to think they are mini gods that should be worshipped and waited on handand foot. I sit in an office with about 5 white men and i have often gone into the ladies bathroom to weep at how unlucky i am to have married an african man who is sooo selfish, his needs always come first. I see these my colleagues buying flowers, sharing recipes to surprise their wives with, planning holidays etc....

sorry but i think u picked the non-romantic one. teach him, no fast n pray.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by P4VS20: 1:08am On Feb 07, 2013
ralfo85: And do YOU know the white girls also complain alot about there men? Most running after foreigners? Depending on the country, Nigerian men are highly prized abroad, for the core reason that they are - romantic!

I guess being romantic is highly subjective.
You judged based on some isolated experience.
People usually don't value what they have, as they desire what seems different.

infact, you made my day. 7 GBOSA FOR U! infact i declare you my Bro @ large on NL.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Moyola(f): 1:12am On Feb 07, 2013
dependz on wat u consider romantic tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by P4VS20: 1:14am On Feb 07, 2013
ATMC: Its cos of our value system. Most nigerian guys are not taught to be romantic from childhood, neither are they exposed to romantic parents so you see majority of d 'some' dt are, learnt it and are yet to perfect it. Men are from mars...

thanks for using most.

sides i think most nigerian ladies re not romantic. its like they re always waiting to respond to an act of romance from a guy instead of initiating or coming up with something creative for the guy.

hmmm, i guess its cos they think its our JOB to be romantic. lol. without realizing it takes two to wax it.

for this reason, i am going LATINA! HEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO!

some african ladies re amazing, most non-african ladies re soo awesome, oh wow!, no mad black woman syndrome. lol.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
dmcdad:
Like seriously? Don't you think you are the one with the meagre mind
d least i'll do is give you attention of any kind... Sorry, my list is full.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by DExplorer1: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
ATMC: d least i'll do is give you attention of any kind... Sorry, my list is full.
ATMC!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
ATMC: d least i'll do is give you attention of any kind... Sorry, my list is full.
Your list is full Thats because its what you do, seek attention. Newsflash! I dont even have a list. You know why? Cause I dont need it

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by SugarLinks(f): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Well, it is because most Nigerian men are greedy and want to have more than one of everything, even women. Its time for us girls to wisen up and beat them at their own games. Tell you what; multiply one-third of the romance you get from 3 boyfriends, and you will have all the romance you want from one boyfriend!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Yvete(f): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
Some Nigerian men can be romantic. xxxx accused me of not being romantic enough because I asked him why he took the time to spread fresh roses all over the room and then sweep it out later BY HIMSELF! LOL grin cheesy grin

Sometimes, you need to feed them with good romantic ideas. They might not know what you'd like.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by lgboks(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
4nny ppl... i tink it takes 2 to tango, ladies we dnt hav to do all d work u knw.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 12:58am On Feb 09, 2013
lgboks: 4nny ppl... i tink it takes 2 to tango, ladies we dnt hav to do all d work u knw.
Gbam!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 1:00am On Feb 09, 2013
Yvete: Some Nigerian men can be romantic. My fiance accused me of not being romantic enough because I asked him why he took the time to spread fresh roses all over the room and then sweep it out later BY HIMSELF! LOL grin cheesy grin

Sometimes, you need to feed them with good romantic ideas. They might not know what you'd like.
You make sense jare...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
dmcdad:
Your list is full Thats because its what you do, seek attention. Newsflash! I dont even have a list. You know why? Cause I dont need it
no, you don't have a list cos you are a minor! Ride on with your growing up lessons, make sure you miss none of your classes...my last word to you!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
D-Explorer:

ATMC!
d exxx! It's been a long long while!! Where have you been? *grins*
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 12, 2013
nobniger: We're
LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 2:11am On Feb 12, 2013
ATMC: no, you don't have a list cos you are a minor! Ride on with your growing up lessons, make sure you miss none of your classes...my last word to you!
Lol... Girl you go like fight and quarrel for real life ooooo. Na wa to you oooo. Anywayz, its all good though...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Nigerian men are very romantic!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by 2legit2qwt: 2:16am On Feb 12, 2013
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by 2legit2qwt: 2:16am On Feb 12, 2013
Wait, is that pounded yam or Nigerian men cake cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 12, 2013
2legit2qwt: Wait, is that pounded yam or Nigerian men cake cheesy

Na pounded yam. His babe is the pounded yam in his cassava grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by 2legit2qwt: 2:22am On Feb 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Na pounded yam. His babe is the pounded yam in his cassava grin grin

grin grin grin Nice line, but is that you CFCfan? No lies, i got you bro wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 12, 2013
2legit2qwt:

grin grin grin Nice line, but is that you CFCfan? No lies, i got you bro wink

It's not me oh grin.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by nlofficial(m): 6:03am On Feb 12, 2013
All that could have been devoted on being romantic has been deployed on chasing that hard to get chick only to knack her akpako and run to another chick. That's how it goes in Nigeria and not being romantic bullcrap. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 2:18am On Feb 17, 2013
dmcdad:
Lol... Girl you go like fight and quarrel for real life ooooo. Na wa to you oooo. Anywayz, its all good though...
'na wa to you' i thought its na wa for youwink ,you sorta started it shaa, but its all good though...phew! NEXT!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
ATMC: 'na wa to you' i thought its na wa for youwink ,you sorta started it shaa, but its all good though...phew! NEXT!
Lmao... Thats more like a remix or a variant way of using it.. More like "na wa u ooo"
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dammytex: 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
grin grin grin Still laughing at that picture on this thread.

@OP,
Surely, Nigerian guys are romantic, but if you're waiting for us to show it the way you see in movies or novels, you're on a long thing and you're surely a learner.
The fact is, we have our African ways of exhibiting romance and its never like the Westerners.
You only need to pay attention to our styles. You'll find the truth if we care or not.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by SimplYeahmee(m): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
honestly you've not met me kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's Youngest Fathers.(pics) / List Of Things That Makes You A Woman Wrapper On Nairaland / I Don't Know Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.