Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? (9849 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 19, 2013
Nigerian girls don't demand romance. Simple as that. You don't have to be a romantic guy to get any nigerian girl. You just have to 'have'. Spend on the chic. Take her out every weekend. Get her a good fone. Pay for her hair and make up. That is what a huge percentage of naija girls call 'caring'. Just be 'caring' that's all and leave romance for the white man and a few enlightened naija chics.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
12 inches!:
Nigerian girls don't demand romance. Simple as that. You don't have to be a romantic guy to get any nigerian girl. You just have to 'have'. Spend on the chic. Take her out every weekend. Get her a good fone. Pay for her hair and make up. That is what a huge percentage of naija girls call 'caring'. Just be 'caring' that's all and leave romance for the white man and a few enlightened naija chics.
Gbam!!! Well said bro
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 12:06am On Feb 20, 2013
SimplYeahmee: honestly you've not met me kiss

Lets fix that then wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by 2blunt: 2:50am On Feb 20, 2013
Omoteeh: I have asked myself so many times too. Simple answer is,most Nigerian men and African men in general are naturally brought up to think they are mini gods that should be worshipped and waited on handand foot. I sit in an office with about 5 white men and i have often gone into the ladies bathroom to weep at how unlucky i am to have married an african man who is sooo selfish, his needs always come first. I see these my colleagues buying flowers, sharing recipes to surprise their wives with, planning holidays etc....

ABEG SEE FIGHT FOR Nl , u talk say boys no romantic, d gals dem dey talks say dia guys romantic, so wetin con be ur own, sey na boy u be or na gal, i dey suspect say na gal u be, when u too go go dey date and play with agbero, shey u no dey hear say wetin concern agbero with overload, abeg NLers, who we wit dash dish gal 4 dis place make dem shag am well make she know say we dey kampe
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2013
2blunt:

ABEG SEE FIGHT FOR Nl , u talk say boys no romantic, d gals dem dey talks say dia guys romantic, so wetin con be ur own, sey na boy u be or na gal, i dey suspect say na gal u be, when u too go go dey date and play with agbero, shey u no dey hear say wetin concern agbero with overload, abeg NLers, who we wit dash dish gal 4 dis place make dem shag am well make she know say we dey kampe
Lolzz
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by P4VS20: 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
12 inches!:

in that case they re elebis (hungry people). lol.

need to get me a white gal. lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
I wouldnt say Nigerian guys arnt Romantic...I think the typical Yoruba guy is pretty romantic....
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by nobniger: 1:47am On Feb 22, 2013
I beg, we romance well well

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 3:56am On Feb 22, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
I wouldnt say Nigerian guys arnt Romantic...I think the typical Yoruba guy is pretty romantic....
Crap

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
Lmao... Thats more like a remix or a variant way of using it.. More like "na wa u ooo"
...and also na wa wa o! Lol...you're on point there! O kwa i ma
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
ATMC: ...and also na wa wa o! Lol...you're on point there! O kwa i ma
Sure now... You know how e dey go
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by sultaan(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
May be you should look at how you got into that relationship in the first place.

If he spent a lot of money to get your attention, all he knows is you respond to material things than romance because his initial romantic gesture was mulled.

When most Nigerian men belief their women only respond to financially induced gestures.

If I meet a lady getting soaked by rain at bus-stop and offered to share my umbrella(getting soaked too in the process) and a guy comes along in a car to offer her a ride she will dump me with a thank you and get in the car.
A lot of ladies will see nothing wrong with thank you, but will find it wrong for me to keep the umbrella to myself while they soak up the rain.
Why will I want to share my umbrella with the next lady I see getting soaked when any guy with a car has everything to gain?

This example seemed far fetched, but what I'm trying to say is there are some things you have done to turn your man off romance.
If you give a proper response to any stimulus, or hint on what stimulates you better(remember you have no manual)men will learn to stimulate romance better.But if you only respond when you get the cash/gift why would he pay for the milk when he owns the cow?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
Sure now... You know how e dey go
jeje nwayo...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
ATMC: jeje nwayo...
Abi...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
While I totally agree with Sultaan's view, I believe if you wanna do a favour, don't ever do it with the intention of dating the recipient. Do it of your heart and forget how ever the person decides to thank you
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by njaluv(f): 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
I think it just depends on your idea of romantic.. what speaks to u. My man comes to see me. When i have to travel to him he is worried about me being put out. When we r together my needs are met most definatly. He for sure makes me feel like a woman. He spends time w me and it is very attentive. So it just depends .. will he open the care door? Not usually.but thats ok.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by summerflame(m): 12:17am On Mar 03, 2013
God forbid, Romantic for where.. No lady will ever stay with a pauper and if she stays, then there must have been a prophesy that the guy is gonna be great in the future, 9ja girls do not keep only one boyfriends, the rare at which they are doing PAROLE or Aristo is high, so, if i suspect my woman doing that, can you still expect me to be ROMANTIC TOWARDS HER?.. Bleep BITCHES********
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
Lol ni-still watching
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
I think I'm actually done with Nigerian men! They don't deserve me angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:13am On Mar 07, 2013
Mindependent: I think I'm actually done with Nigerian men! They don't deserve me angry
Better...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 9:44am On Mar 09, 2013
Mindependent: I think I'm actually done with Nigerian men! They don't deserve me angry
ur right sweet;-)>naija dudes>we deserve better ladies
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Princeparix: ur right sweet;-)>naija dudes>we deserve better ladies
Ha! You are looking for trouble o, im the best that you're never going to have tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mindependent:
Ha! You are looking for trouble o, im the best that you're never going to have tongue
why dont u prove that to me ma'am wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 4:53am On Mar 12, 2013
Hehe why don't you buy me a range rover and house in lekki wink then I may consider proving it tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 4:57am On Mar 12, 2013
Mindependent: Hehe why don't you buy me a range rover and house in lekki wink then I may consider proving it tongue
Now this would be a monumental show of romance.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 8:10am On Mar 12, 2013
Mindependent: Hehe why don't you buy me a range rover and house in lekki wink then I may consider proving it tongue
waited too long 4 dis> the best naija babe is a money freak_lol>i prefer a yankee babe wey need only ice-cream~hw do u get d house documents nd car key?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
Princeparix: waited too long 4 dis> the best naija babe is a money freak_lol>i prefer a yankee babe wey need only ice-cream~hw do u get d house documents nd car key?
Na joke I dey joke o oga
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by realdon(m): 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
sometimes I wonder what kind of ladies w av in this Nigeria? how do u define romance? give a Nigerian girl flowers on val day or card on b'day n get d biggest humiliation of ur life. u hear stuff like: na flower I go chop? nw card I go pay hairdresser? etc. meanwhile, oyinbo girls appreciate things like flowers, cards, msgs etc. infact, most of Nigerian girls are confused, even d so-called high class babes. their definition of romance is eatery, pocket money and they thnk u by nagging
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by realdon(m): 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
s
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mindependent:
Na joke I dey joke o oga
joke well accepted>wont u prefer a full-paid 2weeks holiday 2 dubia?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 1:00am On Mar 14, 2013
Princeparix: joke well accepted>wont u prefer a full-paid 2weeks holiday 2 dubia?
As long as its full with romance and not a splash of cash then bring it on babayyyy! wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
Mindependent:
As long as its full with romance and not a splash of cash then bring it on babayyyy! wink
if u prefer romance to the splash of cash, why dnt we change the holiday location to Zamfara. Where we cant find shopping malls or boutiques~or Dont U tink so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's Youngest Fathers.(pics) / This Snake Was Killed With Light On Its Head, Could Someone Explain This / What Your Mum Didn't Tell You About Sex(Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.