Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,620 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr (974 Views)

Help My Bf Is Pushing Me To Marry Other Suitors / See The Kain Of thing My Fiancee Is Pushing Me To Do (picture) / Am Desperate To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by Franny89: 9:49am On Feb 03, 2013
My parents won't say any other tin to me but marriage. It kills my spirit cos it looks as if am being used as a sacrifice due to my parents are not capable enough to take care of i nd my siblings so i should marry nd help train them but they don't care about my feeling about who they r pushing me to marry. I'm 23yrs nd my parents push me as if am 30, even my sibling wants me to marry nd each time they do dis it makes me loose focus. They believe am waiting 4 my guy who jz graduated nd becos he don't have money now so they don't want him but he is doing his best by meeting to my need though am not waiting him as my parents do think but still i don't want to hurt him cos he has always stand for him. I promised him dat i will wait 4 him but due to they pressure 4rm my parents i changed my mind. Now, I've gotten a place 4 my I.T so i jz want to focus on my work while i wait 4 him cos i know he has a greater future but my parents are making me unhappy, i think a lot @ my age due to dis. My mum's friend called her yesterday nd told my mum dat she has some who she would like me to marry nd my mum told me nd she gave her friend my number to call me nd inform me about it. U need to see hw my parents where serious even more Dan i do cos she was told dat they man is a big fish(he has lots of money) i was ashamed of them especially my Father. Am jz tired of all dis cos sometimes i regret ever coming to dis world. I jz want to stop being bordered about their pressure on me any more. Plzzzzzzz wat do i do?
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by bedford101(m): 10:00am On Feb 03, 2013
BABE KEEP UR HEAD STRAIGHT CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU RE DOING, CONTINUE TO WAIT FOR YOU SWEETHEART, DONT LISTEN TO SIDE TALKS TELL UR BF ABOUT THE PRESSURE BEING MOUNTED ON U..I BELIEVE IF HE AWARE IT WILL PRONE HIM TO ALSO HURRY UP IN WHATEVER HE IS DOING..IT IS WELL
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by martyns303(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2013
My dear sister, I can literally feel ur pain from the write up. Putting so much responsibility on u when ur obviously not in any capacity. Are they still responsible for u? Cos if u should refuse their plan they'll sanction u, threaten to push u outta d house or stop billing ur education. Let ur BF know what's going, ask him if u can move in with him, cos if u continue like this u may end up commiting suicide out of fustration.
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by Popowaa: 10:17am On Feb 03, 2013
Sweetie they might be ur parents but dont allow them to push u into eternal misery because of their own selfish interest.ur guy maynot ve money for nw but u re sure o fhis love n he ll never desert when he is rich.if they knew they didnt ve de means to raise their children they shd ve opted for de no they could ve catered for.dont sacrifice for ur siblings at de expense of ur happiness.stand ur ground.
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by Arkhin(m): 10:38am On Feb 03, 2013
Issues like this really makes me wonder. I feel your pain cos i've seen a real life version of your story. I'll advise you stand your ground cos you hold the ace, your dad(sorry to say) is a disgrace because he started all these in the first instance by having more kids than he can cater for, don't let them use u as a sacrificial lamb at the temple of their own happiness because, when the chips are down, you'll have no one to turn to. Life is personal and they'll all deny forcing you into getting married if there is any fallout from the forced marriage.
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by Franny89: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2013
I've told my guy already and he called my parents And told them to give him sometime, even cried to my father . What pains me most is dat he choose to suffer jz to make me happy and he left his parents nd travel to abuja jz to go and work hard dia. He jz understands me Dan every other man. Jz cos of distance he do call me ten times a day even at mid9t but my parents warned me to stop him 4rm calling me like dat, dat he is distracting me nd i told him but still he never complained but rather we talk more on social network.
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 03, 2013
I won't be surprised if your parents are Igbo.
For the sake of peace to reign,date the man.give him a chance and u two might end up being compartible. Just have an open mind towards your suitors but don't take any decision out of pressure.
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by greedie1(f): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2013
martyns303: ask him if u can move in with him.
i strongly advice against this!!!
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by bedford101(m): 11:28am On Feb 03, 2013
Franny89: I've told my guy already and he called my parents And told them to give him sometime, even cried to my father . What pains me most is dat he choose to suffer jz to make me happy and he left his parents nd travel to abuja jz to go and work hard dia. He jz understands me Dan every other man. Jz cos of distance he do call me ten times a day even at mid9t but my parents warned me to stop him 4rm calling me like dat, dat he is distracting me nd i told him but still he never complained but rather we talk more on social network.
i feel u, and the most interesting part of this is that, the more they try to make u neglect him, the stronger ur both feelings get..keep the communications close and do your thing God will help u
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by martyns303(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2013
gree-die:

i strongly advice against this!!!
Neither would I under a suitable condition, but right now its like choosing between two evil, she sounds like the stress at home is overwhelming for her comprehend.
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
Please push them back! If you're pinned to the wall, bite them! U hear? angry cheesy
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by mrkels(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
My dear bone them and live your life o, my parents are telling me the same thing and i nor send them right now cheesy
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by mrkels(m): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
Chei this is difficult o, i feel your pain. Just tell your bf to step up his game, The ball right now is in his court, crying to your dad wont solve this issue, let him do something about his hustle and this ur problems would be a thing of the past.

Men...this issue tire me ...
Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by preetyjay(f): 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
[quote author=fluid26]Please push them back! If you're pinned to the wall, bite them! U hear? angry cheesy[/quote

lols

1 Like

Re: They R Pushing Me To Marry because Of Family's Condition As If Am Desperate @ 23yr by beylinko(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
This is pathetic. How could a parent behave so irresponsible. If you are 23 and they are pressurizing u this way, i wonder the type of life ur siblings would be living. Even if you marry at ur own expense, the pressure wil never stop. They will milk the poor man dry and it wil def4nately affect ur relationship with ur husband wen u marry. So, man up and face them now. Don't let them push u to the wall. Zero ur mind now and be ready 4 the worst. They can't kill u, dear so take no bul$hi+ from them. I pray God wil see u through this trying period of ur lyf.

(1) (Reply)

Please Nairalander Help Me Out Here!!! / Jesus is coming By M.I.J / Sex And Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.