Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? (16284 Views)

A Simple Mind Game To Know how your Bae feels about you. / It Feels Weird Running In to Your Ex - Why? / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by freenature: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
Young Ladie i really know and applaud your type as a ladie and even hope to have your type...... but the thing is this you need to up your fiancee's morale so he wouldn't feel low esteemed about himself and drive him to the point where does his best to be come the best as to stand out even amongst his friend cos as an alpha Ladie that's what is part of your destiny if you don't know and that drives me to the point of behind a successful man you'll also find a woman (in quote successful) in the sense that the support their spouse to become a success and be some1 who they can be proud of though we have some women who their husbands a ready made types but to be frank your types are usually the basic drive of most successful men... so don't be down in your spirit.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
My advise, think about it very well, can u do dt for d rest of ur life?
I was in a very similar shoe. No ambition wats so ever. If u ask, d answer u'll get is dt I've tried and it didn't work. I get d info for job adverts, I send to all my friends dt need to change jobs, all except him will apply. If u like, remind him severally, d deadline will come and go, he might even tell u to apply for him. I ended up doing all d job search, job application etc. Anyone I don't do won't be done.

It became too bad wen I started earning 3times his pay. He changed completely. Wants to assert he is d man in everything. At a time, I started requesting money from him for certain things (which I can afford) just to make him feel good. It helped, but wit time, his ambitionless life started to irritate. Me greatly and I had to leave. I thank God it was peaceful, no quarel nor disagreements. Its nt always easy, especially when u have a lot of friends dt know both of you. Bt life has to go on.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Michky: 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
mercylicious: My advise, think about it very well, can u do dt for d rest of ur life?
I was in a very similar shoe. No ambition wats so ever. If u ask, d answer u'll get is dt I've tried and it didn't work. I get d info for job adverts, I send to all my friends dt need to change jobs, all except him will apply. If u like, remind him severally, d deadline will come and go, he might even tell u to apply for him. I ended up doing all d job search, job application etc. Anyone I don't do won't be done.

It became too bad wen I started earning 3times his pay. He changed completely. Wants to assert he is d man in everything. At a time, I started requesting money from him for certain things (which I can afford) just to make him feel good. It helped, but wit time, his ambitionless life started to irritate. Me greatly and I had to leave. I thank God it was peaceful, no quarel nor disagreements. Its nt always easy, especially when u have a lot of friends dt know both of you. Bt life has to go on.
I think your case is quite different from Op's. You clearly had a lazy bf. Op's bf is merely feeling insecure about the future of the relationshp. That's perhaps why he asks about Op's friends for example. OP on the other hand claims to be alpha female. Not bad if you're not insubordinative and unnecesarily difficult. I wont advise anyone to remain in a relationship with a lazy spouse. Male or Female. However, lets not misrepresent issues here pls. Good post though.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Michky: 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
If you take another look at the first page of this thread, you'll notice that the first few reactions to Op's post were females. You'll also notice that they were all trying to defend the Op (all focusing on the alpha female thingy). My point? Y'all start up the mess and rush out looking for those that will urge you on, forgeting that the problems that you're running from was caused by you! This Op is obviously playing games which prompted her bf to react in that manner. And now she's using alpha female as her excuse to dump his arse finally. No wonder they call some of you Fish heads. PITY! Perhaps, as she said, all her female friends are married, she's feeling the pressure to get married. And since the "will you marry me question" isnt anywhere in sight, she's geting desperate and receiving suspicious calls which has made her bf more insecure. OP, you are desperately seeking husband. Finish! This thread should be in the advert section. Not here.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by princemaicheal: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
sexybash: the problem is that as time goes one he will no longer be comfortable with your success, and he either slows you down and you start to reason slowly like him or he will opt out, i once dated some one like that infact we did our introduction sef , he was an for that educated,but had low drive for success, i had to threaten him with break up then before e decided to leave his village, after sometime i realized if we got married i will be the man of the house, i broke up the engagement then there were so many things i wanted to do he will tel me they are white "elephant project" he starts to use phrases like we will all die, where are you taking all your certificate and assets to, the IQ of your partner in relationship matter alot either the man or woman grin
so my dear Zoe if you are a sucker for success you dont need pple like that around you.,marraige is a long term journey,the question you will ask yor self is that are you willing to trust him with your future?
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by princemaicheal: 12:13am On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=princemaicheal][/quote]
As much as i agree with your position,dont you think you are missing a point here? The lady lady said the guy is a nice person and that he fit her description of a good partner except for the insecurity side.I feel that the issue should be: a. Does he love you? b. What are his short/long term goals? c. Do you guys share the same values? D.What is his income level-why i asked this is,can he afford to get married?
Girl,a girls experience here and her solution may not be the best for you.If you are a good talker and listener you will unravel his fears and assure him of your love.You never know,he may just be as ambitious as you are when you unlock that door.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 08, 2013
Every man must have something he is striving for.
That "we will all die soon/ rapture will soon happen/God will soon destroy the world" foolishness is just plain LAZINESS.
If people in the 1940s or wuteva when Hitler was busy killing people, if they acted that way thinking the world is about to end, nothing would be done now.

The shorthand definition of life is Motion. Gotta keep moving.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by biolabee(m): 7:17am On Feb 08, 2013
Michky: If you take another look at the first page of this thread, you'll notice that the first few reactions to Op's post were females. You'll also notice that they were all trying to defend the Op (all focusing on the alpha female thingy). My point? Y'all start up the mess and rush out looking for those that will urge you on, forgeting that the problems that you're running from was caused by you! This Op is obviously playing games which prompted her bf to react in that manner. And now she's using alpha female as her excuse to dump his arse finally. No wonder they call some of you Fish heads. PITY! Perhaps, as she said, all her female friends are married, she's feeling the pressure to get married. And since the "will you marry me question" isnt anywhere in sight, she's geting desperate and receiving suspicious calls which has made her bf more insecure. OP, you are desperately seeking husband. Finish! This thread should be in the advert section. Not here.

Nice one michky
There is no evidence so far to justify the slogan low self esteem

Some pple just take things easy some like gra gra.
I know a friend who has never hustled for anything in her life yet everything came in its own time (graduation, professional exam, superb job and even children) and no she is not from a rich home.
They are about to build their house now

She is a steady but sure kinda person.

Where is the evidence to justify ur bfs supposed low self esteem

Self esteem is about ones worth and not the other.
Definition of esteem

Self-esteem is a term used in psychology to reflect a person's overall emotional evaluation of his or her own worth
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Uwakuwak(f): 11:01am On Feb 08, 2013
[quote
author=dederocs]
find another,abi dem tie u rope...abi you be Oprah or Alicia
keys.mtcheew,naija girls una too dey form time go reach una go marry
unaselves.yeye things.[/quote] you are not on point.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by subzidi: 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ OP
I would start by saying you pay close attention to X-Solution and Peclints advice as they gave you the best advice so far and i really do not have much to add!
We have a lot of God given powers as women, my hubby then bf was earning far below me when we were starting, i saw this inherent pottential in him as a very smart, hardworking and honest man! I was mobile while he was not.In fact, he realy didnt know he had such qualities until i came into the picture and activated them. Two months after our wedding he got double promotion in his office based on my encouragements, exposing his strengths to him and transforming them into strategic values that turned his career around!

Guess what, even the tiny car i had/have he paid off the auto-loan, building a house for us to live and has promised to upgrade my car to an SUV before end of this year which i did not even request for!
Be wise, that stone that looks dirty might be a diamond in disguise.
Stay focused & blessed

2 Likes

Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Ilox: 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pity
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
sub_zidi: @ OP
I would start by saying you pay close attention to X-Solution and Peclints advice as they gave you the best advice so far and i really do not have much to add!
We have a lot of God given powers as women, my hubby then bf was earning far below me when we were starting, i saw this inherent pottential in him as a very smart, hardworking and honest man! I was mobile while he was not.In fact, he realy didnt know he had such qualities until i came into the picture and activated them. Two months after our wedding he got double promotion in his office based on my encouragements, exposing his strengths to him and transforming them into strategic values that turned his career around!

Guess what, even the tiny car i had/have he paid off the auto-loan, building a house for us to live and has promised to upgrade my car to an SUV before end of this year which i did not even request for!
Stay focused & blessed
correct me if I'm wrong but, is this a testimony thread abi why all the story?
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
sub_zidi: @ OP

Stay focused & blessed
First all of thank you for acknowledging my advice to the poster.
You attitude to your relationship is the sum total of what i was talking about.
You are a great plus to your man,a super wise woman indeed.
May you continue to enjoy the BLISS of marriage and womanhood.
Cheers!
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Youngpo413: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
zoelife:
1. He hasn't done me any wrong. He just kindly expressed how he feels.
2. Are there bigger men willing to accomodate and support ambitious women like me and not stifle me?
This is my major concern. Maybe my background is a major pointer. But if u knw decent guys like u describe I wldnt mind.
I am all what you need,just come to me.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Youngpo413: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
eagleeye2:
Op, I think you are giving out certain signals consciously or unconsciously. Guys who starts asking or thinking that their babes have someone on the side, may be picking up distress signals from their babe.
You are hyper active, an over achiever, ambitious etc may not really be the reason why your guy feels insecure. He may be reading certain danger signals coming from you.

Am sorry, but I dont know how best to explain my rambling.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Youngpo413: 5:05am On Dec 21, 2014
dederocs:

find another,abi dem tie u rope...abi you be Oprah or Alicia keys.mtcheew,naija girls una too dey form time go reach una go marry unaselves.yeye things.
lol
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by Truthsweet: 5:07am On Sep 13, 2018
I learnt a good lesson today.

your man might be stronger than you can ever imagine but he just needs to understand why you do what you do, when he does this, you will beg him to stop business trips.
Re: When Your Partner Feels You Are Too Much For Him? by stuffs4me(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Been worried lately over this issue. He's a great guy, loving, kind and all. Yet time and time again the issue comes up if I'm still with him, or if there's someone somewhere who's probably doing better than him. Getting a little worked up over things I call 'trivial' like not knowing my friends(I'm not a crowd person. My friends are mostly married women. Or guys. That's me),etc.
Not that he's being unpleasant, but the thing here is, I'm wat u cld call an 'alpha female'. Ambitious, driven and visionary. These I think give him the 'not good enuff' feeling, plus the fact dat he's still a beginner(I'm not yet there either). Whenever he expresses such feelings, I feel him too and attimes wonder to myself, if truly there's someone better for me out there. I dunno.
Sound advice NLers needed, married folks welcome. Tks

You call having guys as friends triviall?
You have some guys as friends and he doesn't know them and you expect you main boyfriend to be cool with that? Na wa for you.

I'm sure your main friends are guys, but you cunningly added married women just to make yourself look decent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The Sexiest Girl In Nigeria (pictures) / Wisest Playboy: How I Dey Use Straff Plenty Naija Babes. / Watch Video As Big Butt Lady Got Completely Stripped While Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.