Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage (14156 Views)

Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage! / France Legalises Same-sex Marriage / France Legalises Same Sex Marriage: Couples Can Adopt Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Giditinz(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
I always knew that U.K will follow suit. Now that the last ingredient has been added to the concoction, let the society implode - morally. They can legalise all they want. One thing we are sure of in Nigeria is that we are still a God fearing people and still hold strongly to the cherished natural and human values. Having homosexual orientation or tendencies is not the issue, but practicing (in act) and advocating that it be made a natural law or constitutionalsed
is where we blindly miss the point. Where is the complementarity (MAN+WOMAN)? If we follow this way, how can we be open to life? Aren't we gonna become extinct? It seems more a mockery of the creator? How low modern man has descended in the midst of all the advancement in promoting life, science and tech...... NIGERIANS BE ON THE WATCH!
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by livethinme: 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
You people who are talking of how Nigeria holds MORAL values.

Are you being serious?! Really...the beacon of morality in this world, Nigeria.

Stop kidding yourself

1 Like

Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by dantechglobal: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
Logicboy03: Good news.

Progressive society progresses.

Now, how to get Aso Rock to see the light smiley
Sorry that wont happen for you, so pack your bags and get out of this country see if we will stop you.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

You are not only a person. It appears you are also a mental patient.

Haha. I was just pulling your legs and having fun at your expense and you fell for it. No offense though. Carry go, nothing do you, but no abuse logicboy o!!
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by simdam500(m): 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
Silly step just taken
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
RedBenson: Is Pope John Paul the IV aware of this? What about Queen of England, is she aware of this? Duke of Edinburgh nko, is he in support? If all the above are in support of this, then they are all 'vvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy mmmmmaaaaaaaaadddddddd'. Gud for them sha cos i wont be surprised if 2moro son bcoms a husband to his mother and father bcoms a boyfriend to her daughter.

This cant even be dared in naija cos we still have our senses untampered. We are not as mad as the western world. They can fvck themselvs to hell, i dont give a dam. NANSENSE WAY OF REASONING!

The queen got no say in this, all she needed to do was sign.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
livethinme: You people who are talking of how Nigeria holds MORAL values.

Are you being serious?! Really...the beacon of morality in this world, Nigeria.

Stop kidding yourself

Don't mind them.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by jovi: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
My big concern here is what next?..Isn't it possible that paedophiles can one day claim that what they feel is also natural and thus we deny them their rights by locking them up...Where do we go from here?
God save us..
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
Giditinz: One thing we are sure of in Nigeria is that we are still a God fearing people and still hold strongly to the cherished natural and human values.

Are you serious about the above or are you being sarcastic here?
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
jovi: My big concern here is what next?..Isn't it possible that paedophiles can one day claim that what they feel is also natural and thus we deny them their rights by locking them up...Where do we go from here?
God save us..

Paedophilic crimes are not victimless, so they cannot be granted any rights. In a way they can claim what they feel is natural to them, but there is always a victim in this case so it is a criminal offense.

Homosexuality is victimless, both adults consent to intimacy so there is no victim in this case, hence why they feel they have a case to fight for their rights.

1 Like

Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
jovi: My big concern here is what next?..Isn't it possible that paedophiles can one day claim that what they feel is also natural and thus we deny them their rights by locking them up...Where do we go from here?
God save us..

The have already started that in Denmark. They want to end the prejudice and discrimination against them, a minority. grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t822834/
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
kmcutez:

Paedophilic crimes are not victimless, so they cannot be granted any rights. In a way they can claim what they feel is natural to them, but there is always a victim in this case so it is a criminal offense.

Homosexuality is victimless, both adults consent to intimacy so there is no victim in this case, hence why they feel they have a case to fight for their rights.

And is nudis.m, in.cest, necrophilia not victimless?

1 Like

Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

And is nudis.m, in.cest, necrophilia not victimless?

Nudism is victimless as only one consent is needed, which is the person going nude, we have societies that practice that.

incest is victimless so far as both adults are okay with it, but you are on your own o!!

Necrophilia is not because the other party is dead and did not give you consent to violate her corpse.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 4:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
kmcutez:

Nudism is victimless as only one consent is needed, which is the person going nude, we have societies that practice that.

incest is victimless so far as both adults are okay with it, but you are on your own o!!

Necrophilia is not because the other party is dead and did not give you consent to violate her corpse.

Let me ignore the third one for now.

So if the other 2 are victimless, how come our "progressive" West throw people in jail for it?

Can I add one more?

Pleeeeeeease?

Is polygamy not also victimless?

How come the "open-minded" masters in the West ban it?
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

So if the other 2 are victimless, how come our "progressive" West throw people in jail for it?

Can I add one more?

Pleeeeeeease?

Was sodomy not a criminal offense in the west?
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
kmcutez:

Was sodomy not a criminal offense in the west?

Yes, it was.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

Can I add one more?

Pleeeeeeease?

For polygamy it is a little bit tricky and depends on a lot of factor. it can either be victimless or not. So far as all parties are on board and there is no secrecy, then it is victimless and vice versa. But might be tricky to prove the truth in a court of law, to decide if it was victimless or not. your words vs mine. you get the drift.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

Yes, it was.

So maybe incest and nudism might be legalised in the west one of the days, but i do not think a lot of people practice it so it might be a non issue. Nudism is legal and being practiced in some countries.
polygamy might also be legalised in the west in the future, but polygamy and polyandry are already legal and being practiced in some countries.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
kmcutez:

For polygamy it is a little bit tricky and depends on a lot of factor. it can either be victimless or not. So far as all parties are on board and there is no secrecy, then it is victimless and vice versa. But might be tricky to prove the truth in a court of law, to decide if it was victimless or not. your words vs mine. you get the drift.

What is so tricky to prove?

If someone puts a gun to your head to marry, the court will not hear it?

How does the courts know gay marriage is not victimless? That one is not tricky to prove in court but polygamy is?

You are forming your rubbish as you go along? grin grin grin grin grin

kmcutez:

So maybe incest and nudism might be legalised one of the days, but i do not think a lot of people practice it so it might be a non issue.

So the West that keep lecturing the world on rights, equality, progress, civilisation, tolerance based on gay issues are discriminating but you are less bothered with that but want to come and join in lecturing us on objecting to homosexuality?

So the West is not tolerant?

Instead of facing the existing discrimination, their parliament can waste so much time to get a mere tag called marriage when they already have civil partnership and you are not condemning them?

So because a lot of people don't practice it, those that do can be thrown in jail?
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by JeSoul(f): 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

person, I hope you realise this is no the Religion section where you and wiegraf can run to the moderators to be "saved by the bell"?

This is politics section, they will allow you to be intellectually slaughtered and your corpse dragged on the streets if you lack logic. grin grin grin grin grin grin

No Jesoul or maclatunji to save you from Sagamite here o. cheesy
ROTFLOL... Saga, you gave me a good laugh in the middle of cleaning this thread. It's a pity, you have such good arguments, but unable to present them without being insultive, I really wish often that you would do better dude.

Anyways, @all posters, language please. And no more insults or a ban will be coming your way this beautiful Friday. Cheers.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

What is so tricky to prove?

If someone puts a gun to your head to marry, the court will not hear it?

So the West that keep lecturing the world on rights, equality, progress, civilisation, tolerance based on gay issues are discriminating but you are less bothered with that but want to come and join in lecturing us on objecting to homosexuality?

So the West is not tolerant?

Instead of facing the existing discrimination, their parliament can waste so much time to get a mere tag called marriage when they already have civil partnership and you are not condemning them?

But they are not condemning those countries practicing nudism, polygamy and polyandry. But you guys are the ones condemning them for making homosexuality legal. They are only appealing to countries not to make such an issue out of gay rights. you guys can equally tell them not to make such an issue out of nudism and the rest. Either way does not matter. Let everyone have tolerance.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
JeSoul: ROTFLOL... Saga, you gave me a good laugh in the middle of cleaning this thread. It's a pity, you have such good arguments, but unable to present them without being insultive, I really wish often that you would do better dude.

Anyways, @all posters, language please. And no more insults or a ban will be coming your way this beautiful Friday. Cheers.

WTF are you doing on this thread?

You moderate this section too? grin grin grin grin

Seun, I will kill you! angry

So Logicboy ran again to moderator after seeing he was in shyt.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He needed to be saved by the bell as usual. grin grin grin grin grin

What a gutless wimp! grin
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
nep2ra: Look at these shameless hypocrites! Very quick to quote an ancient Jewish book but so slow to remember what their African forefathers said centuries ago. Diseased with an incurable inferiority complex and a myopic holier-than-thou attitude, they are vociferous when condemning a s.exual sin but surprisingly docile and mute when their political vagabonds who masquerade as leaders r.ape them mercilessly from behind. Who knows if they enjoy it? undecided

Apart from being molested vigorously every week,they probably are not even aware of their predicaments. Our African tradition is already a thing of the past thanks to daft nature of most of our fellow Nigeria.

Cows!
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
kmcutez:

But they are not condemning those countries practicing nudism, polygamy and polyandry. But you guys are the ones condemning them for making homosexuality legal. They are only appealing to countries not to make such an issue out of gay rights. you guys can equally tell them not to make such an issue out of nudism and the rest. Either way does not matter. Let everyone have tolerance.

No the moorons in the West and their brainwashed moronic kids are coming to condemn Africa and trying to force Africa to accept homosexuality.

It is a Cultural War we are in!

1 Like

Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by JeSoul(f): 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

WTF are you doing on this thread?

You moderate this section too? grin grin grin grin

Seun, I will kill you! angry

So Logicboy has ran again to moderator after seeing he was in shyt.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He needed to be saved by the bell as usual. grin grin grin grin grin

What a wimp! grin
lol, oga I dey here oh. Now behave ya self ehn smiley.
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
ijawkid:

Logicboy I put it to you....YOU ARE GAY...!!!...............and I'll keep telling you this until you come back to your senses....you are a disgrace to your parents and who ever brought you into this world........

And you are a disgrace to your forefathers who fought hard against the foreign religions inserted into your memory. First thing you remember in the morning is Jesus,at night Jesus. slave!
Re: The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sagamite:

What I asked you was:

How does God saying "love thy neighbour" equate to accepting what people do?

Your god doesnt talk in the first place. He has been silent and will forever remain as silent as as stone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nicolas Sarkozy Gets 1-year Jail Term For Illegal Campaign Financing / Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth To A Boy / Coup: US Suspends Military Aid To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.