Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA (6448 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / OMG! Okorocha Is Evil - By Morakinyo Olugbiji / Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Goddex: 9:37am On Feb 08, 2013
BOMBSHELL: APGA DISTANCES SELF FROM MERGER; OKOROCHA IS ON HIS OWN

The full Press release:

Our attention has been drawn to a press conference by a group of ten (10) Governors,including Owelle Rochas Okorocha of Imo State after meeting in Lagos endorsing a “merger of some opposition Parties in Nigeria”.

While we are not against the establishment of a mega opposition party, we believe that the issue of merger of political parties is a very serious matter that needs adequate consultations before a Governor participates and makes public statement.

We wish to state after due consultations with most party members, including the following:-

1.His Excellency, Governor Peter Obi, CON- Governor, Anambra State

2.Senator Chris Anyanwu- Senator representing Imo Central

3.Her Excellency, Bianca Ojukwu, Nigerian Ambassador to Spain

4.Hon. Eddie Mbadiwe- APGA Leader, House of Reps (Imo State)

5.Hon. Chris Azubogu – House of Reps member, Anambra State

6.Hon. Emeke Nwogbo – House of Reps Member, Anambra State

Hon. Victor Ogene- House of Reps Member, Anambra State

7.Chief Chris Uche – APGA Deputy National Chairman, South- East

8.His Execellency, Odi Nwosu, Nigerian Ambassador to Burundi

9.Ambassador Frank Nchita Ogbuewu- 2011 APGA Governorship Candidate, Ebonyi State and Former Minister of Culture and Tourism

10.Chief Reagam Ufomba – 2011 APGA Governorship Candidate, Abia State

11.Barr. Obiora Obiegue- 2011 APGA Governorship Candidate, Enugu State

12.Prof. Dora Akunyili – 2011 APGA Senatorial Candidate, Anambra Central, Former Minister of Information and Communications,

13.Hon. Chuma Nzeribe – Former House of Reps member, APGA Senatorial Candidate, Anambra South,

That we were never invited, consulted or informed about any political parties merger.

We wish to make it clear that WE HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE FORMATION OF ANY MEGA OPPOSITION PARTY, but we categorically state that All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), has never participated in any merger talk with any political party and is therefore not in the merger. We were never consulted by anybody before such statement of our involvement was issued.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the Party was held in July, 2012 and various stakeholders’ meetings have equally been held in the last one year. In all these meetings, the issue of merger with other political parties was never discussed. For one of our Governors to participate in a meeting where the merger of opposition parties was endorsed is ridiculous and unfortunate.

The merger of political parties, where the parties are expected to lose their identities, cannot be an ad hoc arrangement or a decision of one person. According to our constitution, the decision to initiate such discussion is vested in the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Party and shall be ratified by the National Convention. It is not an executive action, but purely a party matter. Even Section 84(3) of Electoral Act 2010 (as amended), expects that such action must come through a special resolution passed by the National Convention of each of the political parties proposing the merger and the written resolutions of each of these parties communicated to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) through a letter jointly signed by the National Chairman, National Secretary and the National Treasurer of each of the merging parties.

For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to reiterate that the issue of merger with other political parties is not on the agenda of All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA for now. Our concern at the moment is to restructure, nurture and build a strong APGA capable of winning elections across the states of Nigeria. Our doors are wide open, and currently there is a mass influx of people into our Party.

We call on all party members and the general public to disregard the misleading inclusion of our party in the on-going merger talk of opposition parties. It is not on the agenda of the party for now.

APGA!!! Be Your Brother’s Keeper!!!

Signed: Dr Tim Menakaya, APGA BOT Member
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Demdem(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2013
its even good for APGA not to join. Nothing will stop APGA from still voting the retardeen even if he is much more useless than this by 2015. Confusionists arent needed. it doesnt change anything.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by tchaik(m): 10:41am On Feb 08, 2013
Demdem: its even good for APGA not to join. Nothing will stop APGA from still voting the retardeen even if he is much more useless than this by 2015. Confusionists arent needed. it doesnt change anything.

Bros check the names on that list, virtually all of them had, has or still affliated with PDP! It's very obvious that PDP has BOUGHT apga; maybe Ndi-Igbo will follow #Rochas APGA now!

Bloody sellouts, my people!

*Before the 40 laptops will go for my gonads, Yes, I know Rochas is an Ex- PDP member*

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Goddex: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2013
Okorocha wants to become President by fire by force.
I foresee Oshiomole pulling out of the merger with time.

Beside, all other parties did set up merger committees.
Where and when was APGA's own merger committee set up?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
*fingers crossed*
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by takedat(m): 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Apart from Obi and Anyanwu to an extent, I see no other political heavyweight on the list. Pipsqueaks seeking relevance!

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by karlmax2: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
tchaik:

Bros check the names on that list, virtually all of them had, has or still affliated with PDP! It's very obvious that PDP has BOUGHT apga; maybe Ndi-Igbo will follow #Rochas APGA now!

*Before the 40 laptops will go for my gonads, Yes, I know Rochas is an Ex- PDP member*
and the new party also has PDP members even a formal national leader of PDP is a member of the so called new party we can see them for what they are a party that has achike udenwa would never win any election in imo state incase u and rochas don't knw
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by PointB: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
Fingers crosses, lip sealed. Waiting to see the list of Presidential Candidates of the two parties!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Gbawe: 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
It really is pointless for anyone to direct any abuse or name calling towards the APGA. We tend to be emotional with everything in Nigeria - especially politics - when we should be circumspect and pragmatic. No Party deserves insult for choices it is legitimately entitled to make. Rather it is ordinary Nigerians who should learn to view the antics of political Parties as illustrative of the concept that only permanent interests endure in politics and not permanent friendships or enmity.

Let APGA and Oshiomhole support anyone they want as they are entitled to do. Are people so simple-minded they think those involved in the merger have not anticipated that happening? The merger has a lot of brilliant strategists in its rank who would have planned for various scenarios. APGA, under, Obi, and Labour , under Mimiko, have always made it clear they are extensions of the PDP. Those who have convened this merger have always known that courting both Parties amount to a waste of time, effort and focus. Nothing, even the Okorocha faction siding with the new Party, changes anything for either side i.e PDP or APC. Stakeholders will still do their thing.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by TheKingsQueen: 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
Politics of selfish interests.

* All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us* (MJ)
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by duality(m): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
Only fools go into a merger without knowing what you have to gain. No mater how emotional you may feel about it; its the truth. Politics is just too complex for you to collapse your house just because someone else says you should. Its like going into a marriage while blindfolded and the other is not. There is more to politics than being the the flag bearer and being the chief executive.

well lets just watch and see.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
tchaik:

ihere megbu o ndi iro! bloody sellouts i tell ya! bunch of toothless bulldogs... and they think they speak for the whole igbos? hahaha dem don fail be that!

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by eggheaders(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
like seriously who cares.please can any eastern name pdp or gej achievement down the river niger.All i see in this apga peeps are people living in self denial. wake up and smell the coffee y'all bunch of simpletons.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Dibiachukwu: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
The truth is that most of us would prefer APGA to remain APGA and not join any mega party. Why would anybody look at parties like CPC and ACN and ask APGA to join those loosers. Really?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Ikengawo: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
Im very happy for AGPA for staying true to their message. The merger was an exercise in political prostitution for all participants involved. Only sell outs like Rochas from the igbo side are dumb enough to attach themselves to this monumental failure.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by slimghost(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
berem: ihere megbu o ndi iro! bloody sellouts i tell ya! bunch of toothless bulldogs... and they think they speak for the whole igbos? hahaha dem don fail be that!

My dear Berem pls use your head! If they meant well for NDI IGBO, why didnt they consult APGA in the first place?or are you telling me now that Rochas represents APGA as a whole? use your head please. When they are serious for a real merger talk, they should consult NDI IGBO properly. ROCHAS IS THE BLOODY SELL OUT!

7 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by slimghost(m): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
Ikengawo: Im very happy for AGPA for staying true to their message. The merger was an exercise in political prostitution for all participants involved. Only sell outs like Rochas from the igbo side are dumb enough to attach themselves to this monumental failure.

My brother help me tell some brain washed "so called" igbos here! Let me see how APC will get votes from SE.I hate PDP, yes but this APC reeks of deceit and desperation. If they dont have the respect to consult NDI IGBO properly, then they should go to hell. See them at the polls!

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
slimghost:

My dear Berem pls use your head! If they meant well for NDI IGBO, why didnt they consult APGA in the first place?or are you telling me now that Rochas represents APGA as a whole? use your head please. When they are serious for a real merger talk, they should consult NDI IGBO properly. ROCHAS IS THE BLOODY SELL OUT!
My friend, why has Obi and his bloody sellouts not decamped to Pdp? what the heck are they waiting for? how many pdp members are reps in house of assembly from Anambra state?

the very day Ikedi Ohakim decamped to Pdp from PPA, that was when problem started for him. I can tell you that in Imo state, 80 percent of Imolites hate Pdp with passion. Only just the achievements of Rochas, Pdp will never return to Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by eggheaders(m): 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
Berem is too intelligent and advance for her kinsmen to figure out.y'all need to grow beyond sick ethnic and religious sentiments. that has put us in this hot mess administration.use your head folks.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Geomac: 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
berem: My friend, why has Obi and his bloody sellouts not decamped to Pdp? what the heck are they waiting for? how many pdp members are reps in house of assembly from Anambra state?

the very day Ikedi Ohakim decamped to Pdp from PPA, that was when problem started for him. I can tell you that in Imo state, 80 percent of Imolites hate Pdp with passion. Only just the achievements of Rochas, Pdp will never return to Imo state.

+1000

This woman is more intelligent that all these thugs trying to speak again her. She is not looking at it with tribal lens

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Ikengawo: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
slimghost:

My brother help me tell some brain washed "so called" igbos here! Let me see how APC will get votes from SE.I hate PDP, yes but this APC reeks of deceit and desperation. If they dont have the respect to consult NDI IGBO properly, then they should go to hell. See them at the polls!

The key word is desperation.
Everyone thought a party based on ideals would arise out of this. It's now clear that EVERY SINGLE failed politician, failed presidential candidate, debunked minister, and failed gubernatorial candidate have tied their bad fortunes together to one sinking rock. This has only worked to strengthen the PDP.
I'm not in Nigeria right now, but it looks to me that there isn't much excitement about the move and that shows that it makes no difference.

The only place you're hearing about this are on media outlets that have been obsessed with attacking GEJ, and are clearly funded by the rewards of the opposition and sensationalist lambast journalism.

In the end of the day PDP always wins because it's the only real party in Nigeria. CPC is a Buhari fan club, ACN is a yoruba cultural union, ANPP has been caught with Boko Haram, their senators have blood relatives in boko haram, and Rochas okorocha as OBJ said is a political failure and desperate prostitute. I used to support the guy until i realized he wasn't a leader he's an opportunist and a coward.

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by eggheaders(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Ikengawo:

Everyone thought a party based on ideals would arise out of this. It's now clear that EVERY SINGLE failed politician, failed presidential candidate, debunked minister, and failed gubernatorial candidate have tied their bad fortunes together to one sinking rock. This has only worked to strengthen the PDP.
I'm not in Nigeria right now, but it looks to me that there isn't much excitement about the move and that shows that it makes no difference.

The only place you're hearing about this are on media outlets that have been obsessed with attacking GEJ, and are clearly funded by the rewards of the opposition and sensationalist lambast journalism.

In the end of the day PDP always wins because it's the only real party in Nigeria. CPC is a Buhari fan club, ACN is a yoruba cultural union, ANPP has been caught with Boko Haram, their senators have blood relatives in boko haram, and Rochas okorocha as OBJ said is a political failure and desperate prostitute. I used to support the guy until i realized he wasn't a leader he's an opportunist and a coward.

coming from you.a well known gej a55 lickers no surprise.one thing very prominent among the president surrogates is that they churn out junks.that make them look like peeps with I.q lower than that of a toddler.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by takedat(m): 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
Some folks will eventually commit suicide out of frustration simply because Rochas opted for a new party. I do not know when APGA became the voice of Ndi Igbo. APGA became a dead party immediately they couldn't manage their intra party wrangling and that led to two factions of the party. Adieu APGA, waiting for Peter Obi to bury you.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
what has Jonathan done for the southeast since he became president? I mean can someone just point out 3 major achievements? He hasn't done anything for Southsouth where he comes from.Look at the East -West Road! A major road that links 2 geopolitical zones have been abandoned for years.Gully Erosion have been swallowing houses in Anambra.for years and no one has been able to tackle it both State and Federal. If we keep hoping that Jonathan will hand over power to igbos in 2015,then we are joking. It will come as a shocker what is gonna happen by then. Pdp has failed and they must be sent packing come 2015!

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by warrior01: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
eggheaders: Berem is too intelligent and advance for her kinsmen to figure out.y'all need to grow beyond sick ethnic and religious sentiments. that has put us in this hot mess administration.use your head folks.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Gbawe: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Ikengawo:

Whatever anyone wants to lay at the door of Rochas, there is no doubt he is a new breed politician who has not failed Nigerians serially and as devastatingly as OBJ et al have done. Quoting OBJ to put down Rochas? Pleaseeeeeeeee. The likes of OBJ still talk only because many strong young men have not taken their place alongside Rochas, Fashola et al to freeze out and neuter malevolent dinosaurs like OBJ, Anenih, IBB et al. An old man should respect himself and his past. Rochas is Imo governor today yet you uncharitably call him a "political failure". What is your own status/achievement today that makes you a winner in comparison to 'failed' Rochas?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Ejine(m): 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
Okorocha's recent act of stupidiity reminds me of May-D's.
Imagine! How long has he been in APGA that he should try to hijack the party like that?

I'm so glad APGA has chosen to stand by its principles as the true party in the interest of the Igbo. He can now go join UPGA if he likes.

Foolish.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Ejine(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
tchaik:

Onye ara! Which PDP members? The fearless Senator Chris Anyanwu? Are you high?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Ejine(m): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
berem: what has Jonathan done for the southeast since he became president? I mean can someone just point out 3 major achievements? He hasn't done anything for Southsouth where he comes from.Look at the East -West Road! A major road that links 2 geopolitical zones have been abandoned for years.Gully Erosion have been swallowing houses in Anambra.for years and no one has been able to tackle it both State and Federal. If we keep hoping that Jonathan will hand over power to igbos in 2015,then we are joking. It will come as a shocker what is gonna happen by then. Pdp has failed and they must be sent packing come 2015!

Well...

1. The Onitsha Seaport has been progressing so far in its development, and I doubt this would've been the case in a Yar'Adua administration.

2. The development and upgrading of the Enugu Airport to International status (which has been giving a lot of Northern bigots some serious heartache) is taking shape.

3. The development of the Oguta River port in your state of Imo is coming on fine.

4. The construction of the power plant in that same Oguta is taking shape.

All the above mentioned developments are bound to bring about economic benefits to the South-East, and I doubt these would have been achieved with the other options who are neck-deep in their Igbophobia.

And I won't even mention the appointments of Igbo radicals like Oteh and Oduah who have been exposing the rot in the system as well as putting forward policies that would help eradicate them.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Dede1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
tchaik:

The bloody joke is on you. I wonder if you are not one of the 40 laptops. Nobody, in the current dispensation of so-called democracy in Nigeria, has run from one party to another more than Rochas Okorocha. Please take a moment and read up on Okorocha’s political life which is akin to the antics of a love peddler.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Dede1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
berem: My friend, why has Obi and his bloody sellouts not decamped to Pdp? what the heck are they waiting for? how many pdp members are reps in house of assembly from Anambra state?

My people say he\she who does not know and does not know that he\she does not know is compound…..
Re: Rochas Okorocha Is On His Own - APGA by Kairoseki77: 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
Laptop dogs are obviously scared of APC. Look at their comments!

Rochas is the most famous member of APGA, so him joining APC is all that matters. The people in his faction will come with him.

Imagine CPC said it wanted to stay independent after Buhari leaves. It would just be noise, because Buhari IS the CPC, just like Rochas IS the APGA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali / Apga Returns APC Broom To Lagos - Picture / Permutation Of The 2015 Presidential Elections: A Realistic Statistical Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.