Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (143266 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Highest yielding portfolio? undecided

God is not an investment bank or a double your money scheme.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
debosky: Highest yielding portfolio? undecided

It pays to serve Jesus. What would it PROFIT a man if he loses his own soul?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by nora544: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Image123:

Money should go to the poor not enrich pastors that they can have a private jet.

You will not understand because it was never money and what this new churches preach is a fake gospel.

that is why nigeria has so many selfish people who say I am a christian but forgot that they have a neighbor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
nora544:

Money should go to the poor not enrich pastors that they can have a private jet.

You will not understand because it was never money and what this new churches preach is a fake gospel.

that is why nigeria has so many selfish people who say I am a christian but forgot that they have a neighbor.

Nora, Nora, Nora, wetin i do you. Get off my back jor, your wahala too plenty.
What have i said compared to what you're saying now?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

Nora, Nora, Nora, wetin i do you. Get off my back jor, your wahala too plenty.
What have i said compared to what you're saying now?

She dey spoil market for you

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2014
PastorKun:

She dey spoil market for you

What market, do you think before talking or you just go as your spirit lids?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

What market, do you think before talking or you just go as your spirit lids?

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
PastorKun:

tongue tongue tongue
pastor Kun, no b laughing mata o, dis guys need deliverance from demon of greed. . A blessed wkend to u sir!

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
christemmbassey: pastor Kun, no b laughing mata o, dis guys need deliverance from demon of greed. . A blessed wkend to u sir!

Yes oh they need serious deliverance from the spirit of mammon that is ravaging their souls. Blessed weekend to you as well.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
debosky:

Highest yielding portfolio? undecided

You cannot do business with God and run at a lossl. wink

Stewardship Investment

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's" (Matthew 22:21).

Taxes have been a part of civilizations for thousands of years. Even our Lord Jesus found the subject important enough to comment on. We all have responsibilities to pay "tribute" or taxes to those in authority over us.

But tribute money is not ours! In fact, the whole concept of a tribute was initiated by God Himself in the tithe. God said that one tenth of the "firstfruits" belonged to Him (Malachi 3:8-10; 1 Corinthians 16:2). The Creator God, of course, is the ultimate Owner of all things (Psalm 50:7-12). We are to be His "stewards" (Luke 12:42; 1 Corinthians 4:2) and have been delegated the responsibility to "occupy" until He comes back (Luke 19:13; Matthew 25:14).

Although we have "use" of money, we also have certain obligations for that money. We may have freedom to do with the money whatever we wish, but we will suffer consequences if we choose to ignore the responsibilities to "render," or pay, our "tribute to whom tribute is due" (Romans 13:7).

We also have the freedom to invest. God richly rewarded those who made eternally wise investments with the "pounds" and "talents" that they received from Him (Matthew 25; Luke 19). The tithe belongs to the Lord and should be deposited in the Bible-preaching church where we fellowship. Our gifts and offerings may be deposited into kingdom investments that will reap eternal dividends in the ages to come. What are you investing in?

The Institute for Creation Research invests in the ministry that confronts the godless worldview of evolutionary naturalism that is robbing the minds and wrecking the faith of so many in our day. Invest with us in this challenging work. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings by nora544: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
The CRS adopted the following statement of belief, mandatory for all members

The Bible is the written Word of God, and because it is inspired throughout, all its assertions are historically and scientifically true in the original autographs. To the student of nature this means that the account of origins in Genesis is a factual presentation of simple historical truths.
All basic types of living things, including man, were made by direct creative acts of God during the Creation Week described in Genesis. Whatever biological changes have occurred since Creation Week have accomplished only changes within the original created kinds.
The great flood described in Genesis, commonly referred to as the Noachian Flood, was an historic event worldwide in its extent and effect.
We are an organization of Christian men and women of science who accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. The account of the special creation of Adam and Eve as one man and one woman and their subsequent fall into sin is the basis for our belief in the necessity of a Savior for all mankind. Therefore, salvation can come only through accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior.

The society's stated purpose is "publication and research which impinge on creation as an alternate view of origins".[7]

The CRS' statement of belief was cited in the U.S. Supreme Court ruling of Edwards v. Aguillard. Its mandate that members affirm that the origin story described in Genesis was an established fact was cited by Justice Lewis F. Powell, Jr. as evidence there was a fundamentalist sectarian objective in the field of creation science and in Louisiana's 1981 Balanced Treatment Act, a law requiring creation science instruction in the state's public schools wherever scientific evolution was taught.[8] The judge ruled, "the intent of the Louisiana Legislature was to promote a particular religious belief" and therefore the teaching of creationism was unconstitutional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Research_Society

that is from where you get it

that are christian extremist!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You cannot do business with God and run at a lossl. wink

GOD IS NOT A TRADER. Ola stop decieving urself. Stop this fraud!

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
christemmbassey: GOD IS NOT A TRADER. Ola stop decieving urself. Stop this fraud!

You can't speak on his behalf, the mammon god he worships could be a trader na.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

Sir, Jesus is saying if you gain the world but lose your soul, you've lost the most important thing. He did not say give me your money so I will give you the highest profit.

God is not a money doubling agent or an investment bank. God is not a trader, neither is he a businessman.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
debosky:

Sir, Jesus is saying if you gain the world but lose your soul, you've lost the most important thing. He did not say give me your money so I will give you the highest profit.

God is not a money doubling agent or an investment bank. God is not a trader, neither is he a businessman.

Profit and loss is involved, isn't it? Giving to God remains the most profitable way to give Debo. You don't seem to like the sound of that but it is truth. Giving to God falls under laying treasures in Heaven. i don't get why folks keep limiting or narrowing the context to money money. i didn't mention money, Olaa and his article didn't mention or emphasize money. It is a timeless scriptural truth that if one sows bountiful, he will reap bountiful, GOD is not mocked.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:
Profit and loss is involved, isn't it?

Sir, in the context of the verse you quoted, no. That scripture is simply telling you to value your soul above collecting worldly possessions - the term 'profit' there was used to juxtapose the temporary value of worldly possessions versus eternal life. It involves no 'investment' - the only requirement to have eternal life is to believe.

Giving to God remains the most profitable way to give Debo. You don't seem to like the sound of that but it is truth.

I don't know what you mean by 'profitable' in this context so care to explain?

Giving to God falls under laying treasures in Heaven. i don't get why folks keep limiting or narrowing the context to money money. i didn't mention money,

I didn't say you mentioned money, but Ola's article did - that is what I responded to.

Olaa and his article didn't mention or emphasize money.

Are you being disingenuous or genuinely mistaken? His article has money all over it - in fact he mentioned money and materials. Furthermore his second article he posted in response to my post is focused PRIMARILY on money. Let's not beat around the bush here.

Please re-read the article I responded to.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:42am On Aug 31, 2014
debosky:

Sir, in the context of the verse you quoted, no. That scripture is simply telling you to value your soul above collecting worldly possessions - the term 'profit' there was used to juxtapose the temporary value of worldly possessions versus eternal life. It involves no 'investment' - the only requirement to have eternal life is to believe.

Faith is an investment, a life time investment. This is what makes the believer wise and the unbelievaber foolish.

I don't know what you mean by 'profitable' in this context so care to explain?
Profitable as in wise. The same context Jesus talked about profit and loss.

I didn't say you mentioned money, but Ola's article did - that is what I responded to.
in your prior post to me, you mentioned money twice in a way insinuating that i was only referring to money.

Are you being disingenuous or genuinely mistaken? His article has money all over it - in fact he mentioned money and materials. Furthermore his second article he posted in response to my post is focused PRIMARILY on money. Let's not beat around the bush here.

Please re-read the article I responded to.
What do you think? The first article could easily be anything including money. Sorry for the oversight however, perhaps i wasn't critic-looking for money when reading. Just saw the second article.
Again, It is a timeless scriptural truth that if one sows bountiful, he will reap bountiful, GOD is not mocked.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2014
Today's devotion:

Daily Manna
Sunday 31, August 2014

A Daily Devotional Guide - Daily Manna sets out to provide spiritual nourishment for those who are truly committed to seeking God and walking closely with Him. It's an extraction of God's word, and mainly serves to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis.

God's Abiding Concern

TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 18:1-8

"The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance" (Deuteronomy 18:1)

A story was told of a man who got lost in the desert. After wandering around for a long time, he became thirsty. He saw a shack in the distance. When he got there, he found a water pump with a small jug of water and a note. The note stated: “Pour all the water into the top of the pump to prime it, if you do this you will get all the water you need.” The note raised a lot of issues in his mind. Firstly, if he trusted the note and did as instructed, he would get all the water he needed. Secondly, if it didn’t work, he would still be thirsty and he might die. Thirdly, if he chose to drink the water, he would only get immediate satisfaction and would still die.

After thinking about it for a while, the man decided to risk it and did as the note instructed. At first nothing happened, but later, water started gushing out and he was able to drink all he wanted, took a shower and filled all the containers he could find, simply because he obeyed the instruction.

The same way, God has made provision for our needs. But He only requires us to obey His simple instructions, that is the holy Scriptures. God has made provision for those who, out of their zeal for Him, have dedicated their time for His service. The priests, in our text, were not to entangle themselves with the affairs of this life or to enrich themselves with the wealth it offers. But out of His love and consideration, God had taken care of their comfort and convenience of life. The people who benefit from their service must make the provision for their support. Whatever was the Lord’s portion in the offering of the people became theirs: the tithe, first-fruits and the oblations at the altar.

Jesus Christ, by virtue of His ministry, death and resurrection, has become the High Priest of the New Covenant. Every Christian has come into the family of Jesus and, therefore, into His priestly line. As priests in the household of faith, we should live a holy lifestyle that befits our calling.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: "God has in Himself all goodness to supply all the needs of His own"

See more at:
Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Image123:
Faith is an investment, a life time investment. This is what makes the believer wise and the unbelievaber foolish.

Profitable as in wise. The same context Jesus talked about profit and loss.

Okay - I accept that.

in your prior post to me, you mentioned money twice in a way insinuating that i was only referring to money.

I responded to a post about money and you responded to mine - my response was simply in furtherance of my previous post.

What do you think? The first article could easily be anything including money. Sorry for the oversight however, perhaps i wasn't critic-looking for money when reading. Just saw the second article.
Again, It is a timeless scriptural truth that if one sows bountiful, he will reap bountiful, GOD is not mocked.

No one is challenging sowing and reaping, however my point stands - God is not an investment bank or a money doubling agent. If you want to make financial profit, go and trade with your talents as the wise ones did in the parable of the sower.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by paxonel(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU: Tithes and Offerings
February 6, 2013.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10).

Today there is much talk of financial security. The biblical formula in today’s verse, given to Israel, but applied to all,
egins with a scathing indictment. "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings" (v. 8 ). What a terrible thing, to rob God. The result of their thievery, in God’s eyes: "Ye are cursed with a curse" (v. 9), such that their financial state was much worse than it would have been had they been obedient. This teaching and promise has not been rescinded (Luke 6:38; 1 Corinthians 16:2; etc.).

God’s charge to us as given in today’s verse is in three steps. First, we are told to obey; i.e., "bring ye." This cannot be considered an option. Secondly, God proposes a test. "Prove me," He says, give and see if He lives up to His promises. Thirdly, trust His promise to meet our needs.

Note that His promise is also threefold. It abundantly covers present needs, for He promises to "pour you out a blessing" unmeasurable in quality or quantity. Likewise, it covers the threat of future loss. "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field" (v. 11). Most precious is His promise to reward obedience and trust with a special relationship: "All nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land" (v. 12).

Thus we see that with less than 100 percent of our income at our disposal, we will have greater financial security than if we had kept it all to ourselves, thereby robbing God. JDM

For more . . . .
lets be sincere,this argument is not sound at all (full of fallacies)
thank God you say the biblical formular was given to isreal before christ was crucified.How does it concern us in christianity?
if muslims read quran that there was payment of tithe and begin to ask us in christianity to pay, will you pay?

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
paxonel:

thank God you say the biblical formular was given to isreal before christ was crucified.How does it concern us in christianity?
if muslims read quran that there was payment of tithe and begin to ask us in christianity to pay, will you pay?

What about tithing before the Law? Is that not in the Bible?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
paxonel:

OLAADEGBU:

The same person talking about tithing BEFORE the law is the same CONFUSED fellow arguing tithing with Malachi curses and the rest of lies. Ask him which one does he practice? Offcourse, he doesn't know, because he's as confused as the different website he copies from, talking from both sides of his mouth. One of the things our Lord hates in revelation is BABYLON and before you get confuse again, Babylon means MIXTURE....(tending towards confusion).....you're neither cold nor hot. STOP threatening people with Malachi tithe of curse because NO ONE threatened Abraham before he gave tithe. Enough of all these lies!!!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You don't seem to understand his position and question. Please re-read his post.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
Goshen360:

The same person talking about tithing BEFORE the law is the same CONFUSED fellow arguing tithing with Malachi curses and the rest of lies. Ask him which one does he practice? Offcourse, he doesn't know, because he's as confused as the different website he copies from, talking from both sides of his mouth. One of the things our Lord hates in revelation is BABYLON and before you get confuse again, Babylon means MIXTURE....(tending towards confusion).....you're neither cold nor hot. STOP threatening people with Malachi tithe of curse because NO ONE threatened Abraham before he gave tithe. Enough of all these lies!!!

I tithe after the order of Melchisedec. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
trustman:

You don't seem to understand his position and question. Please re-read his post.

You don't have to be tendentious. Make your point and move on. smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I tithe after the order of Melchisedec. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. smiley

Is that "order of Melchizedec" also accompany with curses of Malachi 3:9-11?

2. I don't smoke and have never smoked. Get babylon out of your mind!!!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Is that "order of Melchizedec" also accompany with curses of Malachi 3:9-11?

2. I don't smoke and have never smoked. Get babylon out of your mind!!!

Don't be a pecksniffian. The principle of Malachi 3:9-11 applies to any child of Abraham who lives by faith. Don't be deluded into thinking that your steward responsibility is lesser than those in the OT because we now operate under grace. I tithe under grace as opposed to tithing under the Law.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be pecksniffian. The principle of Malachi 3:9-11 applies to any child of Abraham who lives by faith. Don't be deluded into thinking that your steward responsibility is lesser than those in the OT because we now operate under grace. I tithe under grace as opposed to tithing under the Law.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and rolling on the floor. I have always known you as a confused fellow because you copy too many articles. Never a time you use your Holy Ghost regenerated mind to think through the word. So you use faith and grace to practice the law tithing? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ola, you should have just kept quiet rather than type this nonsense you just typed.

However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Goshen360:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and rolling on the floor. I have always known you as a confused fellow because you copy too many articles. Never a time you use your Holy Ghost regenerated mind to think through the word. So you use faith and grace to practice the law tithing? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ola, you should have just kept quiet rather than type this nonsense you just typed.

However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."

You don't have to be invidious as if you're playing to the gallery. Quit your flabber jabber, you aint hurt.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by debosky(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ola's thesaurus - the gift that keeps on giving. cheesy cheesy

Melchisedek tithing according to the 'principle' of Malachi which is under the law. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
debosky: Ola's thesaurus - the gift that keeps on giving. cheesy cheesy

Melchisedek tithing according to the 'principle' of Malachi which is under the law. cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by trustman: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You don't have to be tendentious. Make your point and move on. smiley
It clear to any follower of the thread the one who being cunning or outrightly skewed in his thinking.
The guy asked a simple question:
paxonel:
:
(

And your answer was:
OLAADEGBU:

How does this answer the question? Except you just want to keep the thread running! Abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.