Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (659444 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
ikereku:
Hello house, pls I need some information. I just gave birth to my baby daughter at the American Hospital in Dubai,but when my husband went to process the birth certificate to allow us collect a Travelling certificate for me to bring her back to Nig,the said we have to attest the wedding certificate, my husband has to go back to Nigeria on Friday,and I too have to leave by 29th Jan. I've called the embassy in Abu Dhabi with the number on their site, for about 6hrs now,they are not picking. Pls doss anyone here know the process of attestation of marriage certificate in the Abu Dhabi embassy. Do they even do it? Or do I have to send d certificate to Nig, given d short time,this could be very difficult o,my husband is already pissed off.

I just confirmed now that they can't do it in Abu dhabi, it has to be sent to Abuja. Sorry but dubai does not care they will over stress you until you dance to their law cheesy cheesy Sha its mandatory for everybody just just our Nationality to avoid authenticating forged documents.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
monchouchou:

cheesy cheesy

My dear it's annoying smiley
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ikereku: 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
Wow, Thank you all o.....
You've been a great help
Thank you Justin and monchou...and frosty, i'll just scan and send down to a friend in Abuja, I just pray that they will collect the scanned and attested copy. Thanks so much guys!!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
ikereku:
You've been a great help
Thank you Justin and monchou...and frosty, i'll just scan and send down to a friend in Abuja, I just pray that they will collect the scanned and attested copy. Thanks so much guys!!

If they refuse to attest the copy without "sighting" the original, just DHL the original down to abuja (but make sure its a person you trust o!). Good luck!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
monchouchou:

If they refuse to attest the copy within "sighting" the original, just DHL the original down to abuja (but make sure its a person you trust o!). Good luck!

True true. They most likely would ask for the original.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
ikereku:
You've been a great help

Once they know it's a photocopy, most likely scenario is that they ask for the original.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by frostmate: 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
ikereku:
You've been a great help

Please send your original as they'll most likely not attest without the original.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 9:11am On Jan 14, 2015
@justie, monchou nd evry1 in d house, pls wat can yu tell me about final road test in dubai nd how easy is it to understand dubai street rules, traffic rules nd road signs.. Nd pls is there any site that can get me familiar with them??

Am currently working a visa with dubai taxi against March this year nd I want to get masef familiar with there rules, signs before I eventually start training in UAE... I av no knowledge of road rules in naija, many of us jst drive.. As in, ya kno wah am saying.....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 10:09am On Jan 14, 2015
Gooci:
@justie, monchou nd evry1 in d house, pls wat can yu tell me about final road test in dubai nd how easy is it to understand dubai street rules, traffic rules nd road signs.. Nd pls is there any site that can get me familiar with them??

Am currently working a visa with dubai taxi against March this year nd I want to get masef familiar with there rules, signs before I eventually start training in UAE... I av no knowledge of road rules in naija, many of us jst drive.. As in, ya kno wah am saying.....

I can only tell you what I know from my experience and since I used Emirates Driving Institute (Please Justwise I'm not advertising them grin) it might be a bit different from what you are likely to face (as RTA apparently directs their drivers to Al Ahli).

First download the RTA app. It was very useful as they repeated 80% of the practice test questions grin grin You will also learn a lot about the safety regulations and road networks. Its up to date and has information about the tram and metro system (which are things we are not used to in Nigeria). Infact everyone thinking of relocating to Dubai should download the app tongue

Also, try and get close to your instructor. Now I DONT mean you should offer a bribe o because that is illegal. What I mean is that I was always gisting with my instructor and he gave me some excellent "expo" on how to pass the parking, institute and final road tests grin in the first attempt wink

All in all be prayerful. God is the beginning and the end. Some people attempt the final tests 3 to 4 (and even more) times before finally passing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2015
Gooci:

Anyone contemplating driving in Dubai, UAE an other arab countries should keep one rule in their mind at ALL times.
Rule one Whatever happens, you are in the wrong and any Arab / local is right!
Anything will be your fault, police will support locals over a foreigner every time.
(and as a lack African everyone will pick on you!)
You must respect their laws in their country.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 10:38am On Jan 14, 2015
worry359:

Anyone contemplating driving in Dubai, UAE an other arab countries should keep one rule in their mind at ALL times.
Anything will be your fault, police will support locals over a foreigner every time.

Mr. worry359, you really really are very negative when it comes to anything concerning Dubai... smiley

Anyway, I don't subscribe to the "victim" mentality. People address you the way you put yourself and I have noticed that the Arabs will only give you sh*t if you allow them to (by the way you present yourself). That is not saying that discrimination is not real, because it is, but when you start feeling like a second class citizen/resident/human they will treat you like one. Most of the arabs are not even locals so they are foreigners just like you. The average Emirati man is very nice, gracious, accommodating and knows the value of foreigners to his economy.

Please don't mind my epistle but try and reduce your negativity a little bit, biko, ejor, abeg

8 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2015
worry359:

C'est ne pas vrai meaning It's not true, Cameras are Everywhere cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2015
monchouchou:

I can only tell you what I know from my experience and since I used Emirates Driving Institute (Please Justwise I'm not advertising them grin) it might be a bit different from what you are likely to face (as RTA apparently directs their drivers to Al Ahli).

First download the RTA app. It was very useful as they repeated 80% of the practice test questions grin grin You will also learn a lot about the safety regulations and road networks. Its up to date and has information about the tram and metro system (which are things we are not used to in Nigeria). Infact everyone thinking of relocating to Dubai should download the app tongue

Also, try and get close to your instructor. Now I DONT mean you should offer a bribe o because that is illegal. What I mean is that I was always gisting with my instructor and he gave me some excellent "expo" on how to pass the parking, institute and final road tests grin in the first attempt wink

All in all be prayerful. God is the beginning and the end. Some people attempt the final tests 3 to 4 (and even more) times before finally passing.

thanks monchou, i av downloaded the RTA app yesterday, still tryin to understand itself. Yes, the training will be at al ahli. M jst trynna help masef with this their laws before i get into the real training. M also downloading some videos on youtube, i willl apply those rules when nxt i pick my mumsi's car, i jst hope all ds naija drivers no crash me o.

nd pls how did the practical training go with you? was it very simple

my prayer is to get there nd pass at once oooo, make money no enter bush cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 10:51am On Jan 14, 2015
justi4jesu:

C'est ne pas vrai meaning It's not true, Cameras are Everywhere cheesy

i was wondering too o
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 11:19am On Jan 14, 2015
Gooci:

thanks monchou, i av downloaded the RTA app yesterday, still tryin to understand itself. Yes, the training will be at al ahli. M jst trynna help masef with this their laws before i get into the real training. M also downloading some videos on youtube, i willl apply those rules when nxt i pick my mumsi's car, i jst hope all ds naija drivers no crash me o.

nd pls how did the practical training go with you? was it very simple

my prayer is to get there nd pass at once oooo, make money no enter bush cheesy

It went well. The only issue in the beginning was communication as my instructor was Indian so it was a little difficult to understand his words at times
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2015
monchouchou:

It went well. The only issue in the beginning was communication as my instructor was Indian so it was a little difficult to understand his words at times

thanks... yu av boosted my courage again o. my 2bosses here in naija are indian nd lebanese people, only God knos their tongue grin.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by abuyuunus: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Pls if one is called for interview, what is the most recommended type of dress to wear.?

Is it to dress in suit

or

normal trousers plus long sleeve?

Pls share your advice on interview dress code in Dubai.

Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
monchouchou:

mehn, i saw some videos on youtube yesterday about taking decisions on U-turns, round-about, headcheck, road signal, street marks. I jst tried the RTA stuff on my fone now, i failed the first one, though i had 25 out of 35. the nxt 2 ones that i did, i passed them o. are the RTA practice questions the likely questions to expect?? i jst de feel masef grin grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
abuyuunus:
Pls if one is called for interview, what is the most recommended type of dress to wear.?

Is it to dress in suit

or

Thanks

Normal trousers and long sleeve is fine. If you also feel comfortable wearing suit it is also fine but don't wear coat oh. grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Warning, if any agent is selling you a visa to Qatar. Think twice, they sent many nigerians back home this morning from doha. Pls be warned and make sure u come with a valid employment. Peace
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gooci:

mehn, i saw some videos on youtube yesterday about taking decisions on U-turns, round-about, headcheck, road signal, street marks. I jst tried the RTA stuff on my fone now, i failed the first one, though i had 25 out of 35. the nxt 2 ones that i did, i passed them o. are the RTA practice questions the likely questions to expect?? i jst de feel masef grin grin grin

Yes. Like I said, about 80% of the questions were repeated and the rest were simple and involved normal common sense. The written test is not usually a problem. Its the final road test that gives people headaches because the examiner can fail indiscriminately and there is nothing you can do about it. But don't worry, you will be fine wink
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
abuyuunus:

Is it to dress in suit

or

Thanks

First don't forget you are in an islamic country so make sure you dress decently no matter what you wear. While short skirt suits might look good in USA, it will not fly here.

Secondly, you can never go wrong with a well tailored suit (a lesson I learned the hard way). Its better to be over dressed than under dressed. Wearing just a trouser and sleeves might make you look shabby next to your fellow job seekers. Just imagine walking in for an interview and you see all the others waiting in smart suits and you are wearing just a trouser and shirt…… worse still is if your interviewer now happens to be wearing a suit!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
monchouchou:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by abuyuunus: 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
justi4jesu:

Normal trousers and long sleeve is fine. If you also feel comfortable wearing suit it is also fine but don't wear coat oh. grin

monchouchou:

First don't forget you are in an islamic country so make sure you dress decently no matter what you wear. While short skirt suits might look good in USA, it will not fly here.
Secondly, you can never go wrong with a well tailored suit (a lesson I learned the hard way). Its better to be over dressed than under dressed. Wearing just a trouser and sleeves might make you look shabby next to your fellow job seekers. Just imagine walking in for an interview and you see all the others waiting in smart suits and you are wearing just a trouser and shirt…… worse still is if your interviewer now happens to be wearing a suit!
justi4jesu:

Many Thanks!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by abuyuunus: 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
monchouchou:

what's the nature of your work in uae?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 12:35am On Jan 15, 2015
Hi guys! Pls does anyone have a PRICE idea of Dubai flight ticket of Atleast three airline operators and u may wish to state the best. And pls wat are the likely problems one wld encounter with NIS if u are not with any hotel booking papers? Thanks!
Cc: monchouchou
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:54am On Jan 15, 2015
3rdeye1:
Hi guys! Pls does anyone have a PRICE idea of Dubai flight ticket of Atleast three airline operators and u may wish to state the best. And pls wat are the likely problems one wld encounter with NIS if u are not with any hotel booking papers? Thanks!

Visit Qatarairways.com

Emirates.com

Etihadairways.com

Arikair.com

Go to these sites, input your travelling dates and compare the prices.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 6:38am On Jan 15, 2015
3rdeye1:

Step 1: Go to www.google.com

Step 2: Type in "Flight ticket from Lagos to Dubai"

Step 3: Check the first few links that pop up

For the likely problems one can encounter with Immigration, read the last 3 pages of this thread. Some people recently shared their experiences.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 6:39am On Jan 15, 2015
3rdeye1:
ethiopian air is da cheapest 85k emirates 89k depends....it's high nw cos of the rate of d dollar..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by zed7: 6:49am On Jan 15, 2015
Just came back from Dubai on Tuesday. Spent 3 days with my wife. What a beautiful city. Stopped over at Doha and made a transfer to Dubai.
Did lot's of shopping at Diera city mall and at the Dubai mall. The Dubai mall is massive. Visited the aquarium and saw the Dubai fountain.
Also visited the gold souk. I had a blast and I think next time I would stay at Abu Dhabi.
Dubai is hustings ground for Asian's, Africans and other Arab nationals.
Thanks to all who answered my questions prior to my travel.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by abuyuunus: 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

Someone told me the uae government recognize NIGERIA BSC certificate if it is attested.

Is this true?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
abuyuunus:
Hello everyone,

Someone told me the uae government recognize NIGERIA BSC certificate if it is attested.

Is this true?

100% True.

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.