Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (658677 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2015
justi4jesu:

He has started experiencing all that was told to him on the thread, the heat is on already cheesy cheesy

issokay lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
justi4jesu:

He has started experiencing all that was told to him on the thread, the heat is on already cheesy cheesy

grin

i tnk so

justi hw u dey now..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by samhay: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
samhay:

How did you go abt the OTB?
Is ur visa employment or visit?
Fill us in on ur encounter with d immigration officers at Lagos and Rwanda @Gooci

Wish u d best but cnt wait to hear from u
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
monchouchou:

Since sunday? This is tuesday o! Abi he has started enjoying Dubai life and forgotten about the thread grin

i tnk so

so how are you doing my sister?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
Teeboy22:

grin

i tnk so

justi hw u dey now..

I'm good. smiley
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
Teeboy22:

i tnk so

so how are you doing my sister?

Fine o, we thank God.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Quizical(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hello fellow Nairalanders,
Am in need of these information with regards to Abu Dhabi.
I will be likely to travel there and i want to work out a budget in other to help me prepare adequately.
Please i will be glad if anyone with USEFUL DETAILS can help me out with the following.

Airfare Cost for a Return Ticket
Visa Cost for one Month Period
Work Permit cost for one Month Period
Self Housing /Service Apartment Cost For One Month
Hotel Accommodation/Reservations as well for One Month
Cost of Feeding per Meal
Cost of Local Transport
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Quizical:
I will be likely to travel there and i want to work out a budget in other to help me prepare adequately.
Please i will be glad if anyone with USEFUL DETAILS can help me out with the following.

Cost of Feeding per Meal
Cost of Local Transport
which one is one month work permit Why are u going to abu dhabi?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by chineloSA(f): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
ugsams:

welcome to the emirates chineloSASA

I am back. You people are enjoying ooo. I went to both Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Very well developed, these Arabs know how to use their petrodollar.

The only problem is, things are a bit expensive than in Saudi Arabia. I spent so much on transportation and food. And one wonders how because their currencies are equal,or maybe Emiratis are not subsidises??
And it seems like you people pay so much on accommodation.

The upside is people seem much happier than in Saudi grin grin
Few pics that I took.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
monchouchou:

Fine o, we thank God.
i can see that..
Stay cool sis...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by veleta: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thanks a million my dear for your incisive explanation.I am really grateful.this my no: 08062546510.
chinwe11:

HI Veleta, i dont have contacts per se, i know doctors working in dubai. Your very best bet would be to get a visit visa and come here and apply. drop your CV in all the hospitals and polyclinics and wait.Getting a job by applying via email is harder now, because there are many who have passed the exam who live close by (indians and Pakistanis) and generally i think the hospitals here prefer live interview seeing who they would want to employ as opposed to a skype interview. My family had been here but i was in naija because i had a job with UN and didnt want to leave, after passing haad i tried doing the email application thing, most of the clinics said i should contact them when i can come to UAE. The ones who interviewed me were offering very low salaries since they knew i was out of the country and would want a job before leaving.

however, before you come you can still give it a try and check the popular websites with uae jobs like indeed and joblistuae. I belong to a telegram group sha that has plenty ppl who passed dha and are living and working there, you can send me a message with your number and i would add you if you have telegram app, that way you can ask questions in the group directly. HOpe this helped
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Quizical:
Cost of Feeding per Meal
Cost of Local Transport
Hello everybody,
My little contributions goes
thus:
for Dubai holidays-get to
any of the airlines or
agents, the visa is just 200
USD. I usually go with QATAR
Airlines and i have never
sked them for hotel
accommodation. deira is
where the shopping is and
hotels around that place are
btw 120 and 150 dhrs which
is abt N6,000 to N7,500.
for the person with 350k,
you can get visa for 32k,
flight for 125k, hotel for 5
days at 6k per night is 30k,
total of N187k. you will have
only abt N170k which is
about 1,000 usd for
shopping and transport.
most of the things you want
to buy are there in deira but
if you want designers, you
go to city center where the
malls are. there is also
nigerian restaurant there in
deira, so you would not miss
home. the popular gold sou
is also in deira.
for Qatar holidays and
working visas--you can
make enquiries at qatar
airline and it is just for 14
days and it cost just 100Qrh
which is about N5,500. but
for the work permit, you
need to go through a
sponsor who will do all your
papers over there and right
from Nigeria, you are going
with your work permit OR a
company, who will also
process your work permit
and send to you and you are
going with all your
documents intact from
Nigeria. pls shine your eyes
abt these so called agents.
what most of them do is to
get the visiting visas for
you on the pretext that
when you get there, they
process your work permits
and when you get there,they
become incommunicado. you
cannot get through to their
numbers again. so you would
have spent about N400K to
N500K on a visa that would
ordinarily cost you 100 qrh,
about N5,500. I rest my
case.

Copyright fumkos.

4 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
shegsky:

Hello everybody,
My little contributions goes
thus:
for Dubai holidays-get to
any of the airlines or
agents, the visa is just 200
USD. I usually go with QATAR
Airlines and i have never
sked them for hotel
accommodation. deira is
where the shopping is and
is abt N4,800 to N6,000.
you can get visa for 32k,
flight for 125k, hotel for 5
days at 6k per night is 30k,
total of N187k. you will have
only abt N170k which is
about 1,000 usd for
shopping and transport.
most of the things you want
to buy are there in deira but
if you want designers, you
go to city center where the
malls are. there is also
nigerian restaurant there in
deira, so you would not miss
home. the popular gold sou
is also in deira.
for Qatar holidays and
working visas--you can
make enquiries at qatar
airline and it is just for 14
days and it cost just 100Qrh
which is about N4,500. but
for the work permit, you
need to go through a
sponsor who will do all your
papers over there and right
from Nigeria, you are going
with your work permit OR a
company, who will also
process your work permit
and send to you and you are
going with all your
documents intact from
Nigeria. pls shine your eyes
abt these so called agents.
what most of them do is to
get the visiting visas for
you on the pretext that
when you get there, they
process your work permits
and when you get there,they
become incommunicado. you
cannot get through to their
numbers again. so you would
have spent about N400K to
N500K on a visa that would
ordinarily cost you 100 qrh,
about N4,500. I rest my
case.

Copyright fumkos.

thanks so much

what about doing a masters program there?
in Dhabi
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Taiwotasungo: 3:11am On Jul 22, 2015
nattybanta:
ok let's do it this way; frm ur earlier message, shows u already know the whole process, why not give us yours den someone else would make some additions or corrections division of Labourgrin

but sir you will be in the best position to do that thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Taiwotasungo: 3:15am On Jul 22, 2015
monchouchou:

1. It will be hard for a group of people from the forum to come together and rent a room or whatever because of the issue of trust. Not everyone here is why they claim to be and there are many fraudsters. Also, the rules of the forum (and past experience) frown on backyard communication.

2. Not all employers give accommodation. And sometimes it is even better to collect allowance and sort yourself out.

3. The reason this thread is this long is because people keep asking the same questions and people keep repeating the same answers. Its a life changing decision that you are about to make. Taking a few days to read through will bless you with so much knowledge rather than the rushed answers someone can type in their free time.

okay sir i understand you thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2015
deracathy:

thanks so much
in Dhabi
u can have a master's in UAE if and only if u have about 9million naira @ ur disposal. Buh university of dubai is d cheapest which would cost u about 1.2million for tuition
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2015
deracathy:

thanks so much
what about doing a masters program there? in Dhabi
My oga at the tops will answer that. Cc justi4jesu, natty and mouncho.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2015
deracathy:

thanks so much

in Dhabi

Not worth it. Even the employers here value UK, US and Canada certificates more than those issued in the country. Also, you cant really work and study like that and you get no residence permit after your studies.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Gooci(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2015
Hi guys, I landed on Monday(4.30am)... I entered via terminal 2, everything was fine until I got outside the airport and I asked myself "who placed this dubai on fire that its so hot like this"

Before boarding, I had issue with immi officer despite holding an employment visa. I shha gave her 3k(naira) bfor she allowed me pass. Infact, I almost missed my flight, I was d last to board. The plane was actually waiting for me, because my luggage was with them, but I hadn't boarded, so they looking for d last passenger up nd down.

Funny enuff, wen d immigration madam freed me, I forgot to stamp my passport, I was about boarding wen d last immigration officer check my pali nd no stamp. @ this point, this immigration officer(man) and some Rwanda plane guys started helping me o, they delayed d flight for anoda 5mins, this immigration man rushed to help me stamp, my (shoes, belt, laptop) were in my hands nd I started running to catch my flight o.(Imagine, my trouser was already dropping because no belt was there)

Twas when I got inside that they brought my boarding passes to me, I had thrown them away while running. Infact, make I stop there, no be small thing oo

Rwanda airline is cool, I love it.

Now in dubai, am in Abuhail currently, av visited my my company, av collected temporary Id card, waiting for first test and interview call. This dubai taxi no be beans o, I will give all my best shha.

We are about 5 Nigerians, am heading to stage1, 3people on stage 2, 1person of stage 3(road test).

We are looking for house o, our landlord don pursue us comot for aoz.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2015
Gooci:
Hi guys, I landed on Monday(4.30am)... I entered via terminal 2, everything was fine until I got outside the airport and I asked myself "who placed this dubai on fire that its so hot like this"

Before boarding, I had issue with immi officer despite holding an employment visa. I shha gave her 3k(naira) bfor she allowed me pass. Infact, I almost missed my flight, I was d last to board. The plane was actually waiting for me, because my luggage was with them, but I hadn't boarded, so they looking for d last passenger up nd down.

Funny enuff, wen d immigration madam freed me, I forgot to stamp my passport, I was about boarding wen d last immigration officer check my pali nd no stamp. @ this point, this immigration officer(man) and some Rwanda plane guys started helping me o, they delayed d flight for anoda 5mins, this immigration man rushed to help me stamp, my (shoes, belt, laptop) were in my hands nd I started running to catch my flight o.
Twas when I got inside that they brought my boarding passes to me, I had thrown them away while running. Infact, make I stop there, no be small thing oo

Now in dubai, am in Abuhail currently, av visited my my company, av collected temporary Id card, waiting for first test and interview call. This dubai taxi no be beans o, I will give all my best shha.

We are about 5 Nigerians, am heading to stage1, 3people on stage 2, 1person of stage 3(road test).

We are looking for house o, our landlord don pursue us comot for us.

Nice one Bro..

Congratz
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Gooci:

Funny enuff, wen d immigration madam freed me, I forgot to stamp my passport, I was about boarding wen d last immigration officer check my pali nd no stamp. @ this point, this immigration officer(man) and some Rwanda plane guys started helping me o, they delayed d flight for anoda 5mins, this immigration man rushed to help me stamp, my (shoes, belt, laptop) were in my hands nd I started running to catch my flight o.

We are looking for house o, our landlord don pursue us comot for us.

Welcome to Dubai grin grin. Sorry you had to go through all that stress but thank God you did not miss your flight because that would have been another story entirely.

I wish you success in your RTA tests and I hope you pass it all in one sitting. Goodluck grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2015
shegsky:

and
is abt N4,800 to N6,000.

Copyright fumkos.

Hope you know the current Exchange rate with this quote you made.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:27am On Jul 22, 2015
Gooci:
Hi guys, I landed on Monday(4.30am)

We are looking for house o, our landlord don pursue us comot for aoz.

Told you guys he already started feeling the heat cheesy

Visit Dubizzle for shared accommodation, you will find lots of them there.

Download the RTA App on your mobile to pass the Theory test, stage 2 its Assessment Test be careful, stage 3 the road test hmmm be prayerful. smiley

Welcome and hope you will assist others the way you disturbed this thread with your questions, don't come and form busy here and not help others. Be warned cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by veleta: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2015
Good morning my dear.pls I was able to open telegram app.my no is +234-8062546510.pls can u add me up as I don't have ur number.thanx again for ur invaluable help so far.
chinwe11:

HI Veleta, i dont have contacts per se, i know doctors working in dubai. Your very best bet would be to get a visit visa and come here and apply. drop your CV in all the hospitals and polyclinics and wait.Getting a job by applying via email is harder now, because there are many who have passed the exam who live close by (indians and Pakistanis) and generally i think the hospitals here prefer live interview seeing who they would want to employ as opposed to a skype interview. My family had been here but i was in naija because i had a job with UN and didnt want to leave, after passing haad i tried doing the email application thing, most of the clinics said i should contact them when i can come to UAE. The ones who interviewed me were offering very low salaries since they knew i was out of the country and would want a job before leaving.

however, before you come you can still give it a try and check the popular websites with uae jobs like indeed and joblistuae. I belong to a telegram group sha that has plenty ppl who passed dha and are living and working there, you can send me a message with your number and i would add you if you have telegram app, that way you can ask questions in the group directly. HOpe this helped
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2015
When this thread gets to 400 pages we will lock it and start part 2 and monchouchou or justi4jesu can do that, whoever logs in first can start part 2.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2015
justwise:

When this thread gets to 400 pages we will lock it and start part 2 and monchouchou or justi4jesu can do that, whoever logs in first can start part 2.

Yeaaaa Part 2 loading...... Monchouchou will be in court defending her clients by then, so I'm gonna log in first grin grin tongue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Yeaaaa Part 2 loading...... Monchouchou will be in court defending her clients by then, so I'm gonna log in first grin grin tongue

grin grin, phew! I think your first post on the new thread should be a summary of the whole process from getting visas, flight tickets, to looking for accommodation, how to prepare an acceptable CV, networking, job searching, visa change, enjoying life in dubai, tourists spots, etc. Justi I have given you work tongue tongue

Meanwhile, I feel sad anytime I see some of the CV's of job seekers. I'm not saying lie on your cv, but at least make it presentable and highlight your selling points.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tyslimmie: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2015
monchouchou:

grin grin, phew! I think your first post on the new thread should be a summary of the whole process from getting visas, flight tickets, to looking for accommodation, how to prepare an acceptable CV, networking, job searching, visa change, enjoying life in dubai, tourists spots, etc. Justi I have given you work tongue tongue
Meanwhile, I feel sad anytime I see some of the CV's of job seekers. I'm not saying lie on your cv, but at least make it presentable and highlight your selling points. I'm thinking of making that my own small contribution to the thread - reviewing the CV's of those coming for job search for free but I don't want that to be abused or for someone to wake up one day and accuse me of being an agent undecided undecided lipsrsealed.

I'm sooooo waiting for you to do this, waiting for that tinge to make my CV more presentable....

Gocci welcome to Dubai, wish you God's best in your training.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by billyjunior: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Amen pastor cheesy
I no be pastor madam
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2015
monchouchou:

undecided undecided lipsrsealed.

cheesy cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by worry357: 9:20am On Jul 22, 2015
The trouble is that if CVs are posted here, even with personal information removed
there are some people who will just copy them for their own use or to sell. angry

Be carefull what you put on a public website!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Hope you know the current Exchange rate with this quote you made.
You are on point . Its been adjusted .

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.