Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos (16537 Views)

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / Nine Days After Alhaji Gay’s Death: Police Patrol And Shops Closed / Presidency Shops For Jega’s Replacement - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by aljharem(m): 2:28am On Feb 14, 2013
manny4life:

Apparently, you may end up being the beast whom you accuse others of, whether u like it or not, accept it or not, you coexist with other Nigerians regardless of their ideologies and tribalism behaviors. At one point in time, today, this week, or month, or quarter or even this year, you've either solicited or patronized or have been patronized by an Igbo person (whether it's purchase of food, water, gas, transportation, trade, services - banking, medical, information, and what have you. Again, you may choose to accept the truth, or live in denial of the status quo.

Now, how u choose to tell yourself the truth is definitely up to you. Read the topic headline, read the story, piece 2+2 together, and you'll see the answer to the question you asked

true i guess i over reacted. i apologise.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Hardfact: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2013
GhostFaceKiller:

[size=50pt]YOUR MOTHER WAS AND STILL IS A LovePeddler AND A MOTHER TO A B@STARD.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW YOUR FATHER? YOU OWAMBE CONCEIVED PHUCK[/size]

AND FOR YOUR INFO I AM NOT IGBO!

F00L!

FYI, Eko ile is not a tribal bigot. But for him, hatred for Igbos is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Ngwakwe: 10:00am On Feb 16, 2013
I am yet to know why the monicker Eko ile has not been permanently suspended.

No moderator or Seun can justify the continued existence of such a monicker after repeated hate speeches and breaking the rules of Nairaland.

Tomorrow he will be voted the best active poster in Politics Section.

Hardfact:

FYI, Eko ile is not a tribal bigot. But for him, hatred for Igbos is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Hardfact: 11:28am On Feb 16, 2013
geeez: Great move!

Eko o ni baje

How soon will they be 'deported'?
Bravo!
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by ba7man(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
born2fuck: BRT can never rule this country, remember he chased aboki wey dey park waste and their uselessss government waste management no dey even show up again

Na pursue pursue government, once his term finish make him pursue himself go abroad
You were Born2fuck, not comment on issues you have no knowledge about. @Topic. This is exactly the same thing the Ghanian Govt did of recent. Am i seeing a trend here??
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by vanbonattel: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
ba7man: You were Born2fuck, not comment on issues you have no knowledge about. @Topic. This is exactly the same thing the Ghanian Govt did of recent. Am i seeing a trend here??

They learnt the bad habit from Lagos state. Since their fellow Laigerians could kick them out, other can.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Hardfact: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
ba7man: You were Born2fuck, not comment on issues you have no knowledge about. @Topic. This is exactly the same thing the Ghanian Govt did of recent. Am i seeing a trend here??
Maybe yes, a healthy trend I guess. The govt is broke and must embark on such extreme. They should continue tinkering with these things till unimaginables result.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by debosky(m): 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
manny4life:

How I wish it as well, I PRAY GOD he grants my wish that Lagos will have a much more aggressive governor who will continue on Fashola's part and in fact, make policies that will expel Igbo traders from Lagos. I want my Igbo people to go home and trade, there's Onitsha (the largest market) for them to trade, I honestly don't see why they (or anyone) should be paying so much enormous amount that has no added value to them. If they paid it to SE govt, at least, it will add value to the SE.

Just checking. . .are you buying into the persecution mentality as well?

Like someone mentioned - Mushin and Oshodi markets filled with 'Yoruba' traders were cleared out to restore order, no one said 'Yoruba victimisation' but now that a mere 43 traders are refusing to pay, it's now a case of 'Igbo victimisation'? cheesy

Calls for Igbo traders to 'go home and trade' are backward in my view - you need to trade where the demand is. If there was sufficient demand in the villages, traders would be based there.

People need to engage in the political process - organise themselves into pressure groups/interest groups such that policies will be made that supports the growth of their businesses. That is the way to go, not this overly simplistic 'return to your village' thinking.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by olabukola: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
those of us giving uk and us as example should be aware that self employed people in those countries after paying those taxes and levies are entitled to pension when they retire from business. is it like that in Nigeria?. As far as i know self employed pipo in Nigeria receives nada from Govt at old age. So it does not make sence to pay all the taxes without getting a pension from govt.
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: I am yet to know why the monicker Eko ile has not been permanently suspended.

No moderator or Seun can justify the continued existence of such a monicker after repeated hate speeches and breaking the rules of Nairaland.

Tomorrow he will be voted the best active poster in Politics Section.

See this hypocrite na only Eko Ile you fit mention? What about several of your Igbo brothers like wilywily, onlylies, dende mor0n, etc?
Re: 43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos by QuotaSystem: 10:14am On May 20, 2021
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Crowd At Ward Unit In Okumaga, Warri, Delta To Collect Their PVCs / Buhari Approves Refund Of Money Spent On Projects In Imo Airport / Buhari Reappoints Dabiri Arewa As NIDCOM Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.