Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? (11763 Views)

Nigeria Automobile Sector To Contribute 4.5% Of 2016 Global Sales / Highest Speed You Have Ever Tried On Your Automobile Includimg Road Details / What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by eastermaris(f): 12:58am On Feb 12, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Go and sit down somewhere. People have different interests and passions. I might be driving a car because it's a cheaper option for me but must I be interested in it! While will I bother myself with car details when other areas in my life need my interest and attention. Yes, I need to know the basics but not the details. People know in details about clothes, some about the environment, others about finance, more about music, some about fine and a handful about women! And every 'expert' in these areas can give you tons of reasons why these areas are significant in your lives; even more than cars!

So relax OP, we don't need to know the details. The basics will suffice. Thanks.

U such a dumb mo.ron.U said it all,we have different interests,y not simply move to a thread were ur interest is? There loads of us around here who take any progressive info seriously ok... Ur girlfrnd wld be so daft dats if u have any.A guy lik u wld no notin other dan taking heads frm some low life girls.U re so annoying. Phuck!
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by stafmedia: 1:08am On Feb 12, 2013
sorry to derail this thread, siena sir, a 1999 c230 kompressor Mercedes Benz struck by lighting and wont start, what do you suggest should be done to get it running again. thank you and sorry for derailling this thread.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 12, 2013
stafmedia: sorry to derail this thread, siena sir, a 1999 c230 kompressor Mercedes Benz struck by lighting and wont start, what do you suggest should be done to get it running again. thank you and sorry for derailling this thread.

No worries. A lightening strike damage to an automobile's rare, but it can happen. The first areas to suffer are any circuitry with semi-conductor material. So your mechanic should be looking at your ECU, ignition control module (if applicable).

Out of interest, how are you so sure it was struck by lightening? It could be a coincidence it wouldn't start after a lightening flash, unless there's any visible damage? Has a scan been carried out?

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by OKG1: 1:35am On Feb 12, 2013
[/font]

NOIBMUUL:

Go and sit down somewhere. People have different interests and passions. I might be driving a car because it's a cheaper option for me but must I be interested in it! While will I bother myself with car details when other areas in my life need my interest and attention. Yes, I need to know the basics but not the details. People know in details about clothes, some about the environment, others about finance, more about music, some about fine and a handful about women! And every 'expert' in these areas can give you tons of reasons why these areas are significant in your lives; even more than cars!

So relax OP, we don't need to know the details. The basics will suffice. Thanks.

PPle like you are not meant to be in existence, just becus u dont have interest doesnt mean others dont.. i guess so right dat u drive a crab and de parts can be replaced wit a any other car brand part n u r gd to go or u havent had a nasty experience b4 with a car dat cost u some good millions with very expensive parts in nigeria dat are still fake n have to buy abroad. if not u will find dis very interesting and giv kudos to Siena[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
NOIBMUUL:

PPle like you are not meant to be in existence, just becus u dont have interest doesnt mean others dont.. i guess so right dat u drive a crab and de parts can be replaced wit a any other car brand part n u r gd to go or u havent had a nasty experience b4 with a car dat cost u some good millions with very expensive parts in nigeria dat are still fake n have to buy abroad. if not u will find dis very interesting and giv kudos to Siena
NOIBMUUL:

PPle like you are not meant to be in existence, just becus u dont have interest doesnt mean others dont.. i guess so right dat u drive a crab and de parts can be replaced wit a any other car brand part n u r gd to go or u havent had a nasty experience b4 with a car dat cost u some good millions with very expensive parts in nigeria dat are still fake n have to buy abroad. if not u will find dis very interesting and giv kudos to SIENA.

if i dint know most of this abt my car, when i visited a site to purchase front rotor(brake disc) for my 2010 Camry, i wonder how it wud hav been posible, becus a wrong info wud hav cost me mad money.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by OKG1: 1:45am On Feb 12, 2013
Make: Toyota
Model: Camry XLE
Model year: 2010
Engine size: 3.5L EFI
Engine configuration: DOHC 6cyl
Power:
Torque:
Fuel type: Petrol.
Induction:
Transmission: 6-speed Auto- tiptronic.
Drive configuration: FWD.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Santa fe
Model year: 2008
Engine size: 2.7L MFI DOHC
Engine configuration: DOHC 6cyl
Power:
Torque:
Induction:
Transmission: 5 speed Manual
Drive configuration: AWD.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by rocka: 2:11am On Feb 12, 2013
I know everything about my wives. Take a look:

Make: Audi
Model: A6 (sedan).
Model year: 2012.
Engine size: 2.0L.
Engine configuration: I4 DOHC 16V.
Power: 211 hp.
Torque: 258 ft-Ibs.
Induction: Turbocharged.
Transmission: Continuous Variable speed Automatic Transmission (CVT).
Drive configuration: FWD

Make: Chrysler.
Model: 300C (sedan).
Model year: 2012.
Engine size: 5.7L.
Engine configuration: V8 16V.
Power: 363 hp.
Torque: 394 ft-Ibs.
Induction: Naturally-aspirated.
Transmission: 5-speed automatic.
Drive configuration: AWD
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by dramendra: 2:44am On Feb 12, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

I'm sure I'm speaking for others. We don't need to know th details.

Like the moderator said please speak for yourself, am sure you are one of those poor thinkers wo don't hope to drive some day. @moderator carry on jare, I just ordered for a Volks wagen Golf 4, please is it not problematic? I used Golf 3 before and I enjoyes it.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by InvertedHammer: 3:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Make: Legedez- Benz
Model: 2LGS
Model year: 2013.
Engine size: 2.0L.

Power: 1/8 hp.
Torque: 10.ft-lbs
Fuel type: Water/Alcohol.
Induction: Air-aspirated nasal charged.
Transmission: Continuous Variable speed Manual Transmission
Drive configuration: 2LD (leg drive)

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by femmy2010(m): 3:21am On Feb 12, 2013
Danielstainz: iz diz worth being on da front page?....wld even perfer 2 c a post lik no light ..dan diz

Peeps are never interested in threads that widen their horizon.
You prefer threads like "tonto dike did this","Wizkid rock it hard" ,"looking towards valentine day" etc.
You don't have to own a car for the information shared here to be vital to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Silas0(m): 4:13am On Feb 12, 2013
Sienna pls hw do i know toyota cars with 2AZ-FE engine?
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by dapsonlou(m): 4:28am On Feb 12, 2013
001) Mercedes Benz
002) E63
003) 2008
004) 6.3 liter V8 .
005) V8 Kompressor
006) 7 Speed Shiftable Automatic
007) RWD
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by yungboss(m): 5:05am On Feb 12, 2013
...the pseudonym NOIBMUUL!
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 12, 2013
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by infolekan(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2013
Make: Toyota
Model: Camry SE
Year: 2007
Engine Size: V6
Engine configuration:24V vvti with DOHC
Power: 268hp
Torque: 248ft-lbs
Fuel type: Petrol
Induction:Naturally Aspirated
Transmission: 6 speed Automatic
Drive configuration:FWD
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Trac: 7:26am On Feb 12, 2013
In as much as I'm familiar with the concept of automotive and I can't answer the questions. I don't remember the power and torque of my vehicles. The other questions can be answered comprehensively.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by stonebosch: 8:18am On Feb 12, 2013
make:bajaj
model:okada-royce
model year:1960
fuel type: kerosene
engine:1cc
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Jarus(m): 8:25am On Feb 12, 2013
001) Make.
002) Model.
003) Model year.
004) Engine size.
005) Engine type - I4, I5, I6, V6, V8 etc.
006) Number of gears (less obvious if automatic).
007) Drive type - FWD, RWD or AWD.

Bros, this one na JAMB questions.

All I know is it's a 2005 Toyota Forerunner.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Sammiejo: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2013
Just for fun!

Make: KIA.
Model: Soul.
Model year: 2011.
Engine size: 1.6 LT.
Engine configuration: 4 Cylinders
Power: 122 hp.
Torque: I no sabi?
Induction: Means??
Transmission: 5-speed MT.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by NaLaugh: 9:10am On Feb 12, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

I'm sure I'm speaking for others. We don't need to know th details.

Ignorance is bliss huh?

It's funny how people like this are desperate to drag others down with them.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by chucky234(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2013
Siena na investigative officer abi interrogation officer,chei see wahala for motor level. Pesin wey get motor go come cram all this plenty tori for head,me wey get three cars how I go take cram everything na.
But wait oooo shey na Naija police abi an FRSC go dey ask for all this plenty configuration sef,anyway make I go cram details of my three cars,I dey come back come post dem you hear.
Just wait small,I dey come back now now.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by dezevic: 9:34am On Feb 12, 2013
Siena; Good job with this thread. smiley

Please can you complete the info for the cars below?

Make: Range Rover
Model: LR3
Model Year: 2008
Engine Size: ??
Engine Type: V8
Power: ??
Torque: ??
Fuel Type: Petrol
Induction: ??
Transmission: ??
Configuration: AWD i guess

Make: Honda
Model: Accord Crosstour
Model Year: 2011
Engine Type: V6 IV tech
Configuration: AWD

Model: Accord
Model Year: 2005
Engine Type: V6 IV tech
Configuration: FWD
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 12, 2013
Sammiejo's vehicle data - Kia Soul.

Make: KIA.
Model: Soul.
Model year: 2011.
Engine size: 1,591cc.
Engine configuration: I4 DOHC 16V.
Power: 124 hp.
Torque: 156 Nm.
Induction: naturally-aspirated.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by OperaMini1(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2013
Model: Bull dog
Model year: 1997
Engine size: ?!
Engine configuration: ??
Transmission: 6-speed AT.
Drive configuration: ??

Pls can I have ur E-mail address or phone no, thanks.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2013
Livialives's vehicle data - Chrysler Sebring.

Make: Chrysler.
Model: Sebring Convertible.
Model Year: 2006.
Engine Size: 2,736cc.
Engine Type: V6 2 x DOHC 24V.
Power: I dunno: 185 hp.
Torque: I dunno: 255 Nm.
Fuel Type: Petrol.
Transmission: 5 speed Automatic.
Configuration: Front Wheel Drive.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2013
Opera Mini:
Model: Bull dog
Model year: 1997
Engine size: ?!
Engine configuration: ??
Transmission: 6-speed AT.
Drive configuration: ??

Pls can I have ur E-mail address or phone no, thanks.

My phone number's in my signature, bro. And your Honda Accord is a 4-speed automatic, not 6. Back in 1997, even the 5-speed was rare in an automatic Honda. smiley
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Davico(m): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2013
Siena:

My apologies, I've posted on your thread, full write-up tomorrow.
Don't forget ur promise sire. Tnx
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2013
Dezevic's vehicle data - Land Rover LR3.

Make: Land Rover.
Model: LR3.
Model Year: 2008
Engine Size: 4,394cc.
Engine Type: V8 2 x DOHC 32V.
Power: 300 hp.
Torque: 425 Nm.
Configuration: AWD.

Dezevic's vehicle data - Honda Crosstour.

Make: Honda.
Model: Crosstour.
Model Year: 2011.
Engine Size: 3,471cc.
Engine Type: V6 2 x SOHC 24V.
Power: 278 hp.
Torque: 340 Nm.
Configuration: AWD.

Dezevic's vehicle data - Honda Accord.

Make: Honda.
Model: Accord.
Model Year: 2005.
Engine Size: 2,997cc.
Engine Type: V6 2 x SOHC 24V.
Power: 240 hp.
Torque: 287 Nm.
Transmission: 6-speed manual / 5-speed automatic.
Configuration: FWD.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2013
Davico: Don't forget ur promise sire. Tnx

No worries.
Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2013
Ikenna doesn't need any help with his cars - he knows his stuff, despite not being an engineer. He knows his stuff, because he's interested, and interest breeds knowledge.

Still, I'll post his data here, for those like myself, who are interested in Old Skool / Classic automobile, starting with the best of both - RWD. cool

Ikenna351's vehicle data - Peugeot 505.

Make: Peugeot.
Model: 505.
Model year: 1987.
Engine size: 2,849cc.
Engine configuration: V6 2 x SOHC 12V.
Power: 170 hp.
Torque: 235 Nm.
Drive configuration: RWD.

Ikenna351's vehicle data - Peugeot 605.

Make: Peugeot.
Model: 605.
Model year: 1993.
Engine size: 2,963cc.
Engine configuration: V6 2 x SOHC 12V.
Power: 170 hp.
Torque: 235 Nm.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? by Olutokun1: 11:18am On Feb 12, 2013
Make: Cadillac.
Model: Seville.
Model year: 2002.
Engine size: 4.6L.
Engine configuration: V8.
Power: ?
Torque: ? ft-Ibs.
Induction: ?.
Transmission: automatic.
Drive configuration: ?

Please Siena, I have a bit of concern; there was a time last year and my car started to stall while I drove and after a quick consultation with my mechanic and internet, I found out it was faulty crank shaft sensor causing it. I got them replaced but the engine still stalled...and again the second time, the mechanic worked on it and told me he changed the O2 (oxygen) sensor but much to my frustration, the car is stalling again.
Please sir, do you have any suggestions as to what the real problem might be, and possible solutions.
I await your prompt response.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Car Smokes Only In The Morning,what Could Be Wrong? / Share Your First Driving Experience / What's The Farthest A Car Can Go With A Damaged Fan Belt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.