Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,732 members, 7,837,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded (20326 Views)

Metuh’s Torn Statement Linked Jonathan To N400m – EFCC / Kogi APC Torn Apart, Audu Adopted For Polls / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by kofoshi: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

LOL it is very common on this site to find Igbos claim origins they know nothing about not to talk of being from that place.

Example

Akin egba
Adejoro
Ngodigha
tomakint
policewoman
etc

You all are the same, it is the same pattern. Tell him/her to answer my question of her place of origin and I would ask some questions about the place if truly he/she is sure of herself

bukkyade too.

I suspect Tomakint being pointb
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
kofoshi: bukkyade too.

Tomakint is Andre Uweh aka Abadaba, Ngodigha
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Since this Damola guy is soo intelligent how come his intelligent has not made him world acclaimed? @justasking

Pathetic responce.Shame.
Not surprised though.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Nice article!!

I love the way this guy exposed Achebe's lies and deceit.

Achebe truly deserves his place in the "2012 Politics Section Hall of Shame".

What he calls a book is a "body of lies", meant to poison the minds of folks who lack the ability to reason rationally, folks blinded by ethnic bigotry and a supremacist mindset.

Reading this article just made me so sad.I lost every shred of respect I had for Mr Achebe.

And it's such a terible shame that a Mod on Nigeria's most influential website will reduce himself to an irrational Brainless nitwit out of ethnic bigotry.

If Mr Seun has any sence he should drop that Afam4ever guy as a Mod.Shame.
Waiting for your lousy ban.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by lagcity(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

Ojukwu was always magnanimous and equally sarcastic in every statement he altered to the press during and after the war. Typical example was a statement such as “president Nigeria never had”. When I said a coward will die 10 miserable deaths before the actual death, I meant every word.

Awolowo displayed the inherent niche for cowardice and total ignorance on military issues when he allegedly claimed that western region was occupied by 35,000 soldiers. This is ridiculously laughable. I doff my heart for loudmouth antics of Yoruba peep. In 1966, Nigeria had two considerable less in strength Brigades and other formations such Recce and Garrison Organization.

A standard battalion takes at least 500 men. The 2nd brigade in the southern Nigeria comprised three battalions namely 1st battalion in Enugu, 2nd Battalion Ikeja and 4th Battalion Abeokwuta. There were small formations such as Recce and Garrison organization at Lagos and Ibadan. It takes at least 500 men to form a battalion. In case of Nigeria in 1966, the battalions were considerable undermanned.

For posterity sake, let me allot the number of full battalion to 2nd and 4th which sum up to 1000 men. Since both the Recce and two Garrisons are smaller formations than battalion, I shall be generous in granting 1000 men to the combined formations. Now those of you who studied mathematics, can 2000 men translate into 35,000 armed men? Bear in mind also that another battalion that made up the 2nd Brigade was 1st Battalion at Enugu with at least 500 men.
Look, at the end of the day, all of these are just stories. We don't care if there were 35 or 35000 Northern soldiers. All we know is that your people committed mass suicide and we tried to stop you folks from killing yourselves. We really tried but you people didn't listen. That evil akpu spirit of throwing all caution to the wind is still with Ndigbo till date. Yoruba is the only voice of reason who can contain volatile ibo. We'd rather not babysit you guys but we have no choice. One Naijeriya grin

8 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by kunlekunle: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

Ojukwu was always magnanimous and equally sarcastic in every statement he altered to the press during and after the war. Typical example was a statement such as “president Nigeria never had”. When I said a coward will die 10 miserable deaths before the actual death, I meant every word.

Awolowo displayed the inherent niche for cowardice and total ignorance on military issues when he allegedly claimed that western region was occupied by 35,000 soldiers. This is ridiculously laughable. I doff my heart for loudmouth antics of Yoruba peep. In 1966, Nigeria had two considerable less in strength Brigades and other formations such Recce and Garrison Organization.

A standard battalion takes at least 500 men. The 2nd brigade in the southern Nigeria comprised three battalions namely 1st battalion in Enugu, 2nd Battalion Ikeja and 4th Battalion Abeokwuta. There were small formations such as Recce and Garrison organization at Lagos and Ibadan. It takes at least 500 men to form a battalion. In case of Nigeria in 1966, the battalions were considerable undermanned.

For posterity sake, let me allot the number of full battalion to 2nd and 4th which sum up to 1000 men. Since both the Recce and two Garrisons are smaller formations than battalion, I shall be generous in granting 1000 men to the combined formations. Now those of you who studied mathematics, can 2000 men translate into 35,000 armed men? Bear in mind also that another battalion that made up the 2nd Brigade was 1st Battalion at Enugu with at least 500 men.

since you are a better Igbo fictional historian, kindly assist me to confirm how authentic this piece is

As part of the exclusive revelations from the 21,000 pages of US documents on the Nigeria-Biafra war, Richard Akinjide the Ibadan lawyer and Nnamdi Azikiwe, the former president of Nigeria told the American consul Mr Strong in Ibadan what that they thought of Ojukwu: Akinjide said: “Ojukwu suffers from Hitler-like megalomania.” He explained that Ojukwu was rejected as a child because he was an offspring of a mistress his father Sir Louis Ojukwu acquired in one of his business trips to the North. The father, a devout catholic, refused to accept the pregnancy that led to Ojukwu was his alone; other mysterious forces may have been at work. So he did not recognise Ojukwu nor took him into his home. Instead he sent the mother and the baby back to the North where the mother made her living as a trader and where the boy was born. Ojukwu like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru. As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise the boy as his own son. He then agreed to do so but the boy was something of an embarrassment so he sent him off to school in England where the boy eventually made it into Oxford University.

Akinjide, the former NNDP politician said “he knew Ojukwu well” when he was a federal minister under Tafawa Balewa. He continued: “When Ojukwu returned back to Nigeria he tried to get a job with the Nigerian Tobacco Company (NTC) but was turned down. Akinjide speculated on how Nigerian history might have been different if NTC had given Ojukwu a job. “Instead he drifted into civil service and was given a post as Assistant District Officer at a bush post in the East. He was unhappy in this position,” Akinjide said because he felt his talents were not recognised. Seeking a better road to power and influence he joined the Nigerian army and because of his good educational background, he was soon sent to the elite Royal Academy Sandhurst in the UK.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Yoruba people eh! hehe very timid and always like hiding behind angry

grin grin grin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by CyberG: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
masu:

AM FROM PLATAUE STAE:
now listen stop geting angry for nothing that is the why i see the danger in igbo vs yoruba fight,
i some how doubt your yoruba identity for real bcus you accept yoruba versus igbo war too easy while you vehemently object fulani/hausa been a problem to us all.
am scratching my head to blv or not if you are yoruba for real but for now let me look the other way.

as a plataue man i can tell you with first hand info that we are regreting the war, we fought wrong people.
let me point out for you atleast 4 state in the belt: kwara/nasarawa/plataue and benue has seen the true color of fulanis till date read news bro.

you yorubas are a bit far away from this monsters now but i promise you if they finishes with us there will be no where the south can hide.

Will you shut your putrid mouth LIAR! You created this ID just to respond to this thread and defend the senile Ashebe, isn't it? Next, the only other thread that got your attention is secession of Texas from the US? You are an infantile ibo retardeen! Who are the people's whose only dream is seccession in Nigeria and defending any empty chest beating, lost war even though the truth stares them in the face? Well, the answer is an obvious one and you DAMN know it! Oh, you also can't spell your state correctly and you are from there? Major loser! LOL... grin grin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by CyberG: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
toothpaste: Yoruba people eh! hehe very timid and always like hiding behind angry

grin grin grin

And yet they whooped your ass so badly! 3M retardeens dead and their ojuku saviour fled killing 2 small children in the process! Haha...we know iboz definitions are usually upside down!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by CyberG: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

You can knock yourself silly with sacrifices.

dende1, your big flat head and nose will be NUMBER ONE to cleanse the land of Nigeria! Where is the guillotine?? grin grin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Quotes from the Kogi boy. I dont understand why some people would deny their own region Are you ashamed of being Ibo?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I told you I know these people very very well BTW

PointB = Tomakint = Ezeuche. This I know. Trust me, Tomakint is NOT ANDRE UWEH

Andre uweh is not a politician but an ethnic person. Ezeuche aka Point B aka Tomakint is a politician ( a stu.pid one as a matter of fact)

The difference is clear, I know every single one of them both on Nairaland and REAL LIFE.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by CyberG: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
donedy: I'm still confused why the only people complaining about this book are the Yourubas. I'm from Kogi and I have nothing against the book.

Shut your USELESS PUTRID ibo mouth! Your previous posts clearly show you are an ibo man, why are you pretending to be from Kogi? Just to make it appear that other Nigerians support the senile Ashebe who wrote LIES against all other Nigerians on behalf of his iboz? Wake up from your nightmare because the war is NOT over but in the next one, there will be no remaining iboz to write propaganda like Ashebe!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
CyberG:

Shut your USELESS PUTRID ibo mouth! Your previous posts clearly show you are an ibo man, why are you pretending to be from Kogi? Just to make it appear that other Nigerians support the senile Ashebe who wrote LIES against all other Nigerians on behalf of his iboz? Wake up from your nightmare because the war is NOT over but in the next one, there will be no remaining iboz to write propaganda like Ashebe!

Just keep deceiving yourself by classifying any reasonable person as Igbo. it's obvious that the only people jumping and scratching themselves about the book are some, not all, deluded Yoruba. For goodness, I expected Hausa and Fulani to be the people acting this way.

Kogi has nothing against the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
donedy:

Just keep deceiving yourself by classifying any reasonable person as Igbo. it's obvious that the only people jumping and scratching themselves about the book are some, not all, deluded Yoruba. For goodness, I expected Hausa and Fulani to be the people acting this way.

The worst thing you can do for yourself is to deceive yourself and your fellow Igbo tribalist

Ok lets forget you being Kogi or Igbo now.

How does "Kogi has nothing against the Igbos" got to do with the topic ? You see your folly ? Do you think Hausas or even Fulanis have something against the Igbos ? Do you think Yorubas have something against the Igbos ?

Alliance this, ally that. In reality, a mature mind does not care. Think for a second, why would any group have something against another ? LOL Nairaland Igbos

Don't worry my brother, reduce your insecurity and focus on issues worth focusing on if at all you want to go political.

No one is hunting anyone either does anyone have something against another. People just want peace and all we are doing here is trying to save our image which Achebe is trying so hard to destroy. Debunking his lies does not mean we have something against Igbos.

When young men like you take issues like this personal then it adds a twist to it. Yes a tribal twist. I hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by T9ksy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

It is good you reminded us about Yoruba’s propensity for ritualistic indulgence.

Yes o! We love sacrificing mofo ingrates like your good self to our gods.

At least, we refrain from kidnapping our toddlers and grannies for instant lucre

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
CyberG:

And yet they whooped your ass so badly! 3M retardeens dead and their ojuku saviour fled killing 2 small children in the process! Haha...we know iboz definitions are usually upside down!

^^^Can see your hatred for Ndigbo getting stronger by the day. Going by the daily dose of bile and anti-Igbo rantings you vomit on a regular basis, you're in good position to carry the trophy for the most pathetic bigot of the year.....and that's saying something seeing as we've not even past the halfway mark yet! shocked

Let me understand you better; are you saying that it's your Yoruba 'army' that's responsible for the killing of 3 million Igbos? (or 'retardeens' as you choose to put it) since you make that bold assertion in the context of claiming their arsses were whopped by Yoruba soldiers.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
donedy:
Stop wasting ur time replyin them, those are the set of bigots that bring shame to the Yoruba race with their uncouth behaviours, ignore them once and for all cool

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I told you I know these people very very well BTW
PointB = Tomakint = Ezeuche. This I know. Trust me, Tomakint is NOT ANDRE UWEH
Andre uweh is not a politician but an ethnic person. Ezeuche aka Point B aka Tomakint is a politician ( a stu.pid one as a matter of fact)
The difference is clear, I know every single one of them both on Nairaland and REAL LIFE.
Really? shocked just like that tomakint is no more andre uweh but now ezeuche, typical cool
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
kofoshi:

bukkyade too.

Just like that! Tomakint is now PointB, seriously dayokanu (Ogbomosho Goat) school of Almajiri is really booming. Indeed, the gravity of you guys stu.pidity must be in exabytes shocked seriously this open display of madness from u guys is laughable cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
Really? shocked just like that tomakint is no more andre uweh but now ezeuche, typical cool

LOOOOOOOL grin grin grin Yes you are ezeuche, Look I am not like every other person on this site, I know what I say when I say it and you are also Point B and ezeuche. Not that it matters anyway. So Tomakint why did you change your moniker? where you scared of your racist surs coming to hunt you later ?

I didn't mean to expose you my brother but you pushed me. I apologise smiley
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
kunlekunle:

since you are a better Igbo fictional historian, kindly assist me to confirm how authentic this piece is

As part of the exclusive revelations from the 21,000 pages of US documents on the Nigeria-Biafra war, Richard Akinjide the Ibadan lawyer and Nnamdi Azikiwe, the former president of Nigeria told the American consul Mr Strong in Ibadan what that they thought of Ojukwu: Akinjide said: “Ojukwu suffers from Hitler-like megalomania.” He explained that Ojukwu was rejected as a child because he was an offspring of a mistress his father Sir Louis Ojukwu acquired in one of his business trips to the North. The father, a devout catholic, refused to accept the pregnancy that led to Ojukwu was his alone; other mysterious forces may have been at work. So he did not recognise Ojukwu nor took him into his home. Instead he sent the mother and the baby back to the North where the mother made her living as a trader and where the boy was born. Ojukwu like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru. As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise the boy as his own son. He then agreed to do so but the boy was something of an embarrassment so he sent him off to school in England where the boy eventually made it into Oxford University.

Akinjide, the former NNDP politician said “he knew Ojukwu well” when he was a federal minister under Tafawa Balewa. He continued: “When Ojukwu returned back to Nigeria he tried to get a job with the Nigerian Tobacco Company (NTC) but was turned down. Akinjide speculated on how Nigerian history might have been different if NTC had given Ojukwu a job. “Instead he drifted into civil service and was given a post as Assistant District Officer at a bush post in the East. He was unhappy in this position,” Akinjide said because he felt his talents were not recognised. Seeking a better road to power and influence he joined the Nigerian army and because of his good educational background, he was soon sent to the elite Royal Academy Sandhurst in the UK.

I usually do not respond to junks written by characters such as Richard Akinjide but since you seek the truth, Akinjide is one reason people hold Yoruba in contempt. However, I shall disappoint you on the issue of Ojukwu’s parentage. Unlike the loudmouthed Richard Akinjide, I do not dwell on peoples' mother and father.

A political love peddler and perennial decamper such as Richard Akinjide introduced tribalism in Nigerian academia as Awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigerian polity. When he decamped from NCNC and joined NNDP on the promise of ministerial appointment, his first action on duty as Minister of Education was to appoint a fellow Omo Yoruba and political decamper in Dr Biabiaku(sp) as Vice Chancellor of Unilag and pushing out Prof. Eni Njoku. Folks remember that the things that qualified Dr Biabiaku for a teaching position talk less associate professorship were, 1. omo Yoruba, 2. clipboard carrying member of AG, 3. a fellow political love peddler such as Akinjide and 4. average lecturer at UI not even an associate professor.

I love Yoruba peeps with loudmouth and Akinjide did not disappoint. Ojukwu as a master degree holder from Oxford and son of highly placed Nigerian with friends in high places can not drift for job. Ojukwu was given options and he chose to be administrative officer, a job reserved for Colonial masters. I gathered it was a plan to vacate all the colonial masters from the eastern region to the western and northern regions. He was posted to Udi in Enugu as an assistant district officer (ADO) where he allagedly slapped a Briton who was DO (District Officer). The Briton was transferred to northern region while Ojukwu was transferred to Aba as ADO under Chief Jerome Udorji. My father, who was a district councilor in Asa, informed me that Ojukwu had little issue with Udorji which made Ojukwu to leave Aba for the military.

I am amazed at the manner Yoruba peeps flaunt their collective ignorance in the public. It is laughable that a person in position of Richard Akinjide lacked the knowledge that Ojukwu did not attend British Royal Academy, Sandhurst. Anyway, laziness and loudmouth can be agents of delusion. Since Ojukwu had a master degree from Oxford University for that matter, he was sent to British Royal Academy, MONS, Aldershot just for the military regimentation.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:
LOOOOOOOL grin grin grin Yes you are ezeuche, Look I am not like every other person on this site, I know what I say when I say it and you are also Point B and ezeuche. Not that it matters anyway. So Tomakint why did you change your moniker? where you scared of your racist surs coming to hunt you later ?
Stop posting cheesy cheesy ur stu.pidity keeps magnifying per post, indeed you are a certified plague

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:
Stop posting cheesy cheesy ur stu.pidity keeps magnifying per post, indeed you are a certified dolt!
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 11:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
Stop posting cheesy cheesy ur stu.pidity keeps magnifying per post, indeed you are a certified plague
tomakint:
Stop posting cheesy cheesy ur stu.pidity keeps magnifying per post, indeed you are a certified dolt!

lol i have heard.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by emmatok(m): 12:10am On Feb 15, 2013
Dede1:

I usually do not respond to junks written by characters such as Richard Akinjide but since you seek the truth, Akinjide is one reason people hold Yoruba in contempt. However, I shall disappoint you on the issue of Ojukwu’s parentage. Unlike the loudmouthed Richard Akinjide, I do not dwell on people’s mother and father.

A political love peddler and perennial decamper such as Richard Akinjide introduced tribalism in Nigerian academia as Awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigerian polity. When he decamped from NCNC and joined NNDP on the promise of ministerial appointment, his first action on duty as Minister of Education was to appoint a fellow Omo Yoruba and political decamper in Dr Biabiaku(sp) as Vice Chancellor of Unilag and pushing out Prof. Eni Njoku. Folks remember that the things that qualified Dr Biabiaku for a teaching position talk less associate professorship were, 1. omo Yoruba, 2. clipboard carrying member of AG, 3. a fellow political love peddler such as Akinjide and 4. average lecturer at UI not even an associate professor.

I love Yoruba peeps with loudmouth and Akinjide did not disappoint. Ojukwu as a master degree holder from Oxford and son of highly placed Nigerian with friends in high places can not drift for job. Ojukwu was given options and he chose to be administrative officer, a job reserved for Colonial masters. I gathered it was a plan to vacate all the colonial masters from the eastern region to the western and northern regions. He was posted to Udi in Enugu as an assistant district officer (ADO) where he allagedly slapped a Briton who was DO (District Officer). The Briton was transferred to northern region while Ojukwu was transferred to Aba as ADO under Chief Jerome Udorji. My father, who was a district councilor in Asa, informed me that Ojukwu had little issue with Udorji which made Ojukwu to leave Aba for the military.

I am amazed at the manner Yoruba peeps flaunt their collective ignorance in the public. It is laughable that a person in position of Richard Akinjide lacked the knowledge that Ojukwu did not attend British Royal Academy, Sandhurst. Anyway, laziness and loudmouth can be agents of delusion. Since Ojukwu had a master degree from Oxford University for that matter, he was sent to British Royal Academy, MONS, Aldershot just for the military regimentation.

Old Man, you need to give this your wahala some rests.
Abi you want kill yourself.

There is Tribalism/ Rasism / discrimination all over the world.
Except in Igbo land.

HAPPY.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by lagcity(m): 1:30am On Feb 15, 2013
Dede1:

I usually do not respond to junks written by characters such as Richard Akinjide but since you seek the truth, Akinjide is one reason people hold Yoruba in contempt. However, I shall disappoint you on the issue of Ojukwu’s parentage. Unlike the loudmouthed Richard Akinjide, I do not dwell on people’s mother and father.

The indefatigable Mr Dede grin grin I like this man, he never shies away from a fight. The one and only energizer bunny of Nairaland grin He must have been very troublesome during his youth. cheesy Give em hell, Dede! cheesy
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by kunlekunle: 5:23am On Feb 15, 2013
lagcity:
The indefatigable Mr Dede grin grin I like this man, he never shies away from a fight. The one and only energizer bunny of Nairaland grin He must have been very troublesome during his youth. cheesy Give em hell, Dede! cheesy

no mind am, soon he'll do an ojukwu aka HUSEIN BOLT
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by texazzpete(m): 7:28am On Feb 15, 2013
Dede1:
I usually do not respond to junks written by characters such as Richard Akinjide but since you seek the truth, Akinjide is one reason people hold Yoruba in contempt.

The reason why i hold YOU in contempt is because you have never truly grown up. You're an old man, older than many people in this forum and still you have never learnt the basic lesson that any mature person must learn: You cannot use one man or group of men to stereotype an entire group of people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by nku5: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2013
texazzpete:

The reason why i hold YOU in contempt is because you have never truly grown up. You're an old man, older than many people in this forum and still you have never learnt the basic lesson that any mature person must learn: You cannot use one man or group of men to stereotype an entire group of people!

Interesting you would call dede1 out for generalisation when other tribes, yorubas especially slag off on igbos day in day out. This thread is bursting at the seams with generalisations, this site is full of such.

In a related way isn't the "igbo coup" you all are battling hard to prove, a generalisation?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by texazzpete(m): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2013
nku5:

Interesting you would call dede1 out for generalisation when other tribes, yorubas especially slag off on igbos day in day out. This thread is bursting at the seams with generalisations, this site is full of such.

I despise and abhor tribalism and ethnic bias...I thank God that I come from a 'minority' tribe so I don't have to take sides in this inanity.
However, i am firmly convinced that 99% of the other posters here are making these jibes good-naturedly. Many of these yoruba guys here have igbo girlfriends and vice versa for some of our outspoken Igbo brothers.

However, there are a few here that i'm 100% convinced are dead serious in their hatred. Dede1 is the most prominent of these. I will stand against such people...and for now, he will suffice as the face of generational hatred on Nairaland.
I'm taking no sides here. I find Damola's arguments to be quite convincing and if my challenges towards my Igbo brothers here will make their attempts at rebuttals lean more towards logic than insults, all the better.

nku5:
In a related way isn't the "igbo coup" you all are battling hard to prove, a generalisation?

How the heck is this a 'generalization' or a stereotype (the word i used)? Did I say "all Igbos are coup plotters"?
From the events of that day, the casualties recorded and the key members of the plot, holding a position that the coup was 'Igbo led' or 'had an igbo supremacist agenda' may not be far-fetched.
These refer to the coup plotters and not every man, woman and child of Igbo extraction.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Lasun(m): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2013
I bought my copy of the book on the street of Abuja, I think it's a pirated copy and am happy at that.The ethnic jingoistic will not benefit a dime from my buying the book., that way I got my value for my money by not enriching the deluded old man.

Ato ku malo

3 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2013
Dede1:

Dede1, what is it with you and half truths! Have you forgotten the part where the same Akinjide on becoming minister found out that close to 80% of the recipients of the federal schorlarship were Igbo? Or the part where Azikiwe chose to foist Dr Anieke - a certificate forger who had erstwhile been forced to resign from U.I as head of the teaching hospital on the same U.I as the chairman of the University's governing council?!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Attack: CJ Orders Shutdown Of Ekiti Courts / Kachikwu Reacts To Recent Attacks On Forcados Pipeline By Militants / Hardship: Nigeria Almost On The Road To Venezuela – PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.