Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,823 members, 7,844,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, (15289 Views)

Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores / I Hate Any Form Of Housework And I'll Work My Ass To Hire A Maid / Which Housework Do You Love/hate Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Women by nature are nagging creatures becuz woteva u will do deh will complain. If u r out of job they will complain, if u r working hard they will say u don't get time for dem. If u r well endowed oh u r too big for me n if u r as small as the MODERATOR deh will say oh u don't satisfy me enuff. DON'T TEK WOMEN SERIOUS. cheesy grin cheesy grin
Hello Me kenkey. grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Semab(f): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
u cnt blame most guyz cos of d family came out from.a guy dt grew up in a loving n peaceful family wil realy knw wt to do in marriage.if his fada doesnt treat his moda wel,definitely he wnt be a gud husband.though....

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Bestbby(f): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy:

Maybe, he has a SWOLLEN SCROTAL SACK and can't bend over to clean. grin grin grin
Guy, u funny o
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by armyofone(m): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
Chocolate, talk small and carry a big cane grin

joke aside,
couples should set expectation during the early phrase of their relationship at least before marriage.

Help as much as you can, no monopoly.
The house is your home, all hands on deck for a smooth and successful journey.
Doing things together is fun.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by ud4u: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
good one

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
nyere84: Lucenzo, for the first time on NL, u looked silly. Who can claim of being perfect in English?? Mr know all, pls learn to correct pple in a more civilized way.
it's not me who is silly but you that failed to;

see that the person I corrected took it in good faith albeit a difficult pill to swallow because come to think of it, making such errors in this time could suicidal in formal and personal life.

understand that they way I corrected her jokingly with the obatala word shows that you shouldn't take everything seriously on nairaland and it would to better if corrected informally on a faceless forum than to be corrected by your boss in formal setting.

sister, next time look before you leap
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by buchibabe: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
ebamma: Dear nigerian women una where wan make we follow do house work dey craze, una sabi how we dey suffer to make money to feed una and buy una blackberries,
Some of us are being insulted by our bosses everyday, but we have no choice cos we need the salary to feed una and buy una brazilian hair,
Wetin be una work sef, una dey spend una day gossipping and lazying about,some of una sef no sabi cook better food where we fit chop enjoy sef, na so so salt the full una soup,
If una want make we dey do the house chores then una must start working and become the breadwinners of the family, she who has ear let her hear

Common be civil. Are u frm d zoo? If u can't help uur wife say so,instead of insultin all women

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
I have read a lot of interesting posts on this thread, posts from understanding men, from cavemen, from wise women and from women that don't know their value as human beings. I would have posted more but I was busy today.
One thing I got from the thread though is that many men still have a long way to go when it comes to respecting and appreciating their wives. A very long way. Also, a lot of men have very fragile and delicate egos. They have a mortal fear of being emasculated and that is why they stubbornly refuse to assist women even when they know deep in their hearts that they are supposed to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky: Are you giving conditions for your marriage? If he won't do house work, you won't give him a dime. Right? I see your marriage heading for the walls soon. Guaranteed!

You've gotten it all twisted. Woman is supposed to be helping MAN in marriage. Not the other way around.

Later on you will turn around to claim that you are the head of the house. What do you think headship is all about? Youthink being head of house means relaxing and watching those you are in charge of face suffering because of you?
The Bible you follow that teaches you that you are the head of house also tells you that you are supposed to love your wife. If you love her, you will not make that statement in bold. You will not see marriage as a set up where the husband is not meant to help the wife with anything.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky: Look, if i don't have the means to act as a man should, i won't get married in the first place. Knowing fully well that in marriage, certain demands are required.
And if by chance i lose my job during the marriage, i do not expect that it would be right for you to ask me to take up chores because you're the one temporarily paying the bills. I expect you to help me get back up and continue to do my duty as a man rather than demeaning me to such level as chores.

Chores are not demeaning. How do men like you even think?
So women are lesser human beings because they do chores?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
colly227: Can women stop complaining for once? Back in those days our mothers go to farm, do hard jobs then come back to cook with firewood we know all the stress in that, they have to pound yams then wash cloths with hands, fetching water was from the wells or they go some distance to fetch it.

Back in the day women were seen as mere posessions and they did not work jobs outside the home and they also had assistance from husbands when it came to farm work and cutting firewood.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
the_ripper: A subtle attempt at domesticating men. @OP, ur plans have failed. Helping a woman in the kitchen and house chores should b done at my own volition. I would get a house help for her if d lady feels burdened. Case closed.

Such fragile egos........ I shake my head in pity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
sarutobie: If you cant cook without making a fuss about it get a househelp!! Stop harrasing us with this una talk..

It is better you assist instead of spending extra money on house helps. Times are hard.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
[s]Women by nature are nagging creatures becuz woteva u will do deh will complain. If u r out of job they will complain, if u r working hard they will say u don't get time for dem. If u r well endowed oh u r too big for me n if u r as small as the MODERATOR deh will say oh u don't satisfy me enuff. DON'T TEK WOMEN SERIOUS[/s].

Stop using what you noticed from your female relatives to classify all women.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by SELFWORTH: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
Adaeze003:
You trying to say that marriage is a one sided affair? That women have nothing to gain?

What do you expect?

Many people know nothing about marriage .

Many Nigerian women endure their marriage rather than enjoy it.

A lot of men here on NL at hypocrites and only represent themselves . You can help your mother but not the mother of your child. They complain about how their sisters are treated by their husbands but treat their women like doormat and expect love in return. To make it worse , they all get to the altar and promise to love their wives. Then again, many niger men don't know what Love is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by SELFWORTH: 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
Semab: u cnt blame most guyz cos of d family came out from.a guy dt grew up in a loving n peaceful family wil realy knw wt to do in marriage.if his fada doesnt treat his moda wel,definitely he wnt be a gud husband.though....

Its prophetic but VERY true.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
SELFWORTH:

What do you expect?

Many people know nothing about marriage .

Many Nigerian women endure their marriage rather than enjoy it.

A lot of men here on NL at hypocrites and only represent themselves . You can help your mother but not the mother of your child. They complain about how their sisters are treated by their husbands but treat their women like doormat and expect love in return. To make it worse , they all get to the altar and promise to love their wives. Then again, many people don't know what Love is.

Guy, its best you keep quiet when it comes to marital matters. Ok? You're so wrong about this one. What is wrong with engaging the services of a house help? Who is saying the woman must compulsorily do it herself if she's too lazy to. Our point here is, no woman should impose anything on us as Men. Simple. If your head cannot comprehend this then keep the hell shut.

By the way, the society has molded you completely into being a punny. Am not surprised at dudes like you.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]

Stop using what you noticed from your female relatives to classify all women.
Monkey, isn't what you're doing here complaining aswell?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]

Later on you will turn around to claim that you are the head of the house. What do you think headship is all about? Youthink being head of house means relaxing and watching those you are in charge of face suffering because of you?
The Bible you follow that teaches you that you are the head of house also tells you that you are supposed to love your wife. If you love her, you will not make that statement in bold. You will not see marriage as a set up where the husband is not meant to help the wife with anything.
Hey, stop bringing the word "IF" into Bible matters. Besides, What happened to the Bible verse that says Wifes obey they husbands. Missed that one? I know what you are. A manipulative feminist that won't stop until she gets what she wants. And do you know where you're gonna end up? Single again. Most people like you will end up marrying up to 10 different husbands in one lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

thats a different topic on its own which might read ABUSE OF THE PHRASE WOWEN ENPOWERMENT

those are abuses that come out with changes,

i am male
This one is definitely confused. Have you eaten today atall?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky: Hey, stop bringing the word "IF" into Bible matters. Besides, What happened to the Bible verse that says Wifes obey they husbands. Missed that one? I know what you are. A manipulative feminist that won't stop until she gets what she wants. And do you know where you're gonna end up? Single again. Most people like you will end up marrying up to 10 different husbands in one lifetime.

Such bitterness.
Wetin I do you now?

But michky the Bible says you are supposed to love your wife. How will you love her and refuse to offer her any kind of help at the same time? Is that even possible?

Michky:

You've gotten it all twisted. Woman is supposed to be helping MAN in marriage. Not the other way around.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
Oyinprince: wen i ws a kid, i usd to see my fada help my mum anytym he was free nd had d opportunity... if u love ur wife,then i believe u wuld want to help her except u married her as a servant nd not as a partner
Just the way there have been chief slaves in historical times, there also existed Kings and Noble men. You know which one your father would perfect fit into (King or slave), knowing fully well that Kings wouldn't be caught doing such. Dude, stop acting like its the right thing to do, because you saw your father doing it. ok?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
If the work gets too much how about getting a domestic help and everyone is happy
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]

Such bitterness.
Wetin I do you now?

But michky the Bible says you are supposed to love your wife. How will you love her and refuse to offer her any kind of help at the same time? Is that even possible?

Any kind of help? Please clarify.
At the same time? Please clarify.

Heavy stuff, bills, capital expenditure etc are meant for men. Kitchen cleaning etc. For women. So, you want me to leave my busy board meetings to cook for you abi? I marry a wife to bear me kids and take care of my home. If she can't, then the door is waiting.

You speak like women should really be respected. You ediots steal like men do, kill like men do, lie like men etc. What is the guarantee that while am doing the dishes, another man is not doing your dish some where else. Abeg joor, i marry you to support me. If you have any other motive, then i'll find someone else. Chikenah!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu: If the work gets too much how about getting a domestic help and everyone is happy
What I want to know is why many men consider doing housework an abomination.
Does this mean you look down on women for doing chores?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
dayokanu: If the work gets too much how about getting a domestic help and everyone is happy
Abi o. This is what we've been saying since o. Those feminists just keep insisting that the man must do it. Craz/y i tell you. Craz/y.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]
You have the concept of marriage all disfigured in your head. Honestly. Just imagine, you're likening doing your duty to abormination.

It like you get enrolled in school. They give you assignment and you call it abomination.
You for call VC make him come help you nah. In school, everyone knows his duty and does it diligently. Likewise political office, soccer team etc. Na marriage come get wahala.

I repeat. If you cannot do your duty as a wife in marriage, don't get married. Get a room mate instead.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]

Its a division of roles in any family.

When growing up if you need to cut the grass, fix the car, do heavy lifting its the boys that get called up, When its cleaning and cooking its the women

Why do most women leave heavy work for the men to do, When theres electrical, mechanical work to be done at home mostly its the man, when you are asleep at night and hear sounds downstairs its the man that wakes up to go check wassup

Is it that the women look down on men as the beast of burden for doing such heavy lifting and energy sapping duties
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by SELFWORTH: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky: Guy, its best you keep quiet when it comes to marital matters. Ok? You're so wrong about this one. What is wrong with engaging the services of a house help? Who is saying the woman must compulsorily do it herself if she's too lazy to. Our point here is, no woman should impose anything on us as Men. Simple. If your head cannot comprehend this then keep the hell shut.

By the way, the society has molded you completely into being a punny. Am not surprised at dudes like you.

Who let this DOG out? He is barking at any and everything.

He wants to express himself but cannot tolerate others right to express themselves freely.

He thinks a man who support his wife in all areas is a 'punny' and has been moulded by society.

He thinks he is a better husband becos he can use his mouth to insult others unnecessarily .

He thinks he knows me and the whole society becos of his access to NL via a smart phone.

He thinks he is Gods gift to some poor woman suffering in silence.

You are not accountable to me but to God so I don't care what you think or who you are or even what you will ever be.

I am expressing myself freely like everyone else but if you don't like my comment or stance, please disappear. You claim to be a 'man' yet your comments is full of bitterness like a female palm wine seller.

Selfish and mannerless BOY!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
Michky:
Heavy stuff, bills, capital expenditure etc are meant for men. Kitchen cleaning etc. For women. So, you want me to leave my busy board meetings to cook for you abi? I marry a wife to bear me kids and take care of my home. If she can't, then the door is waiting.
You know what? Talk to your wife and find out which of the house work she would like you to do. I am not stating any chores specifically. I just want men to stop zeroing their minds to doing any housework at all.
Doing housework does not make one less of a man like some men think. There is no scientific finding supporting that theory grin

You speak like women should really be respected. You ediots steal like men do, kill like men do, lie like men etc. What is the guarantee that while am doing the dishes, another man is not doing your dish some where else.!
Now I see where the problem is coming from.
It seems you have heard a lot of bad things about women or you have had a lot of bad experiences with women. If the latter is the case then I offer my condolences on whatever happened between you and the lady(s).
But you are wrong about that statement in bold. There are good women and they should be respected, not all women are bad. And women don't steal or kill or lie like men do. Ok, maybe they lie like men do, but they don't steal and kill like men. Come on, let's be realistic.
Was ALUU4 carried out by women?
Majority of the news you read on this site about armed robbers and rapists and pedophilles do not say that women are the perpetrators of the crime. These things are mostly done by men.
Let's be realistic man,
Come on.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
I'll get a maid after giving birth, but the 1st year of marriage is quite important. So imagine coming back late from work worn out and tired and your husband has been home since, you've had a bad day at work and u have a ton of chores to do at home, u c ur husband lounging on the sofa with a couples of beers as soon as u've finished washing the dishes he brings in more glasses for u to wash.
Scenario two: u have a bad day at work, u come back home to a lot of chores, your husband joins you in the kitchen, you both catch up on your day's work, your chores finish on time . You feel a little bit better and have a little energy for bed room activities.
Scenario 3: husband comes in late from work, tired and hungry, meets a warm meal on the table , a hot wife waiting to ask him how his day was and satisfy him in bed.
The difference between 2 and 3 is that 2 is a woman. The same way men need to be taken care of and feel loved , so do women. Those men complaining that the women overstep their boundaries are not married to the right women.
As for me, I find men doing domestic chores are big turn on, I don't want to my guy using a broom to sweep, I don't like that. Use a vacuum it gives me the right angle to check out his a.ss .
P.s I'm posting under the influence

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Michky: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Adaeze003:
You trying to say that marriage is a one sided affair? That women have nothing to gain?
Marriage is a union of two or more willing parties. In the case of marriage between two, one of the party signs-up to support the other. What else do you want to gain nah? Would you be satisfied if i cut my head for you just to prove to you that you're not left out?

But wait o. Are the children not enough gain for the woman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food / Name 5 Things You Did As A Child During Christmas Period? / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.