Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

Ask An African-american A Question - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask An African-american A Question (20659 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Play(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
You people who knock African-Americans for their perceived inadequacies are being silly.

People will be claiming that black Americans are not as hardworking or interested in education as Nigerians,what do you expect.The Nigerians are generally immigrants who represent a particular demographic in Nigeria.The average Nigerian is no more hardworking or interested in education than the average African-American.

Most Nigerians barely qualified from primary school,never mind going to University.Simply comparing African-Americans to what effectively constitutes Nigeria's elite demographic is dumb.

1 Like

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
4Play stop ruining the thread!

Traitor!  angry

Now the dorks are gonna hide behind you. Is girl22 providing nighttime services abi wetin?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Play(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2008
I dey ruin wetin? tongue See person wey dey yab Catholics over Anambra issue. grin Na una provoke Girl22.

Lets face reality,if the average Nigerian is brought over to the US,we won't look so good.By the time our rural poor,whether Fulani herdsmen or farmers in Ado-Ekiti and Abakiliki,come over,white and African-Americans go run leave the country for us. grin

The last time we did something similar(slavery),it produced the current crop of people we spend time laughing at.

Na because say na mainly from Southern graduates most Nigerian immigrants are produced,una dey yab them.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Uche2nna(m): 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2008
4 Play:

You people who knock African-Americans for their perceived inadequacies are being silly.

People will be claiming that black Americans are not as hardworking or interested in education as Nigerians,what do you expect.The Nigerians are generally immigrants who represent a particular demographic in Nigeria.The average Nigerian is no more hardworking or interested in education than the average African-American.
Most Nigerians barely qualified from primary school,never mind going to University.Simply comparing African-Americans to what effectively constitutes Nigeria's elite demographic is dumb.

At the risk of generalisation, let me say that most nigerians know on which side the bread is buttered. If education were made to be as attractive as it is in the States , believe me, many nigerians would die to get educated.

There is a lot of stories behind most nigerians illiteracy ---ranging from "My parents could not afford to send me to school" to " I don't want to become an un/underemployed graduate.
And if u have ever lived in Nigeria or still living in Nigeria, u would agree that these are genuine reasons.

I don't think that is the issue in the States.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2008
See person wey dey yab Catholics over Anambra issue.

You Catholiks sure hold grudges tongue One would think you wouldnt have forgiven your pope so soon for being part of the nazi party before his "pope-ship" tongue

or farmers in Ado-Ekiti

E jo leave Ekitis out of this your madness or have you forgotten that we are the most educated of the "ngabti" people grin
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by almondjoy(f): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2008

Hero (m)
US

Re: Ask An African-american A Question
« #307 on: Today at 04:43:18 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: almondjoy on Today at 02:23:38 PM
Why is it that when you are dating "Black American" men. . . most of them put their fingers in your "P****Y" then rub them in their nostrils before licking them.  Or they dab your P****Y with some bread and eat it in front of you? I have experienced this and so have most of my friends over here.  Some say it reminds them of the "Chicken of the Sea".  Is this true?

Please don't get me wrong. . . I enjoy every bit of it and I am not complaining at all. Better than my African brothers will ever dream of doing.  But I just had to ask.

Are these some kinds of rituals? Or aphrodisiacs?

Yeah, they are rituals. The first is called the Freak-a-leak ritual,  derived from the fact of that the procedure get the girl very Hot and wet to the point at which she actually begins to leak, and the second is called the bread man. It's just a really freaky pre-intimacy activity in which sets the mood. You heard, African-American guys say stuff like, "Damn, girl you or "THAT" looks so good I could sop that up with a biscuit and tear that up"?  Well the ritual is in retrospect to that comment, basically he's saying to you that you've got some damn good, delicious look, smelling, tasting P__SY when he rubs a bread item within and an on it and eats it before and or after performing intense MouthAction on you.   Most African girls do not go back to faithfully dating African guys after experiencing such intense sexual encounters with the African-American male. Once they get a taste, they're hooked as if we've got magic sticks and have placed them under a spell. 

Now one think I've noticed is that when many African girls come over here, they're all nice and innocent, or perhaps the proper thing to say would be, traditional,  in the field of sexual interaction,  though upon hitting it off with an black-american, West Indian and or Hispanic dude, they become super freaks in the sack,  though in a good way. So the word is. By the way, I knew your son's father was African-American, I could tell from that pic you had up of him. 

I knew that would get your attention! cheesy

he he he he he he! grin  Yes you are right!  Ma baby daddy is Black American, for green pastures, but I am married to a Nigerian now. tongue  I use all ma skills you guy taught me to please the devil out of him.  I learned so many things from you I swear! cheesy  Thanks for the candid answer.  You guys really know your jobs in that department.  I doff ma hats to you guys. Unfortunately that is where it ends! cheesy Why is it that that is the only skilly your guys have perfected. . . the art of eating the "apple and the banana"?

I would still go back to the "African" guys though for marriage purposes an keep the "freaks" for ma private "freak show parties"! grin  I love to have the best of both worlds you know!  You guys are so good at "it"!  Too bad it is not one of the olympic sports!

I will drink to "cheese and crackers" any day! kiss
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by almondjoy(f): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2008

D-reloaded (f)
JYork

Re: Ask An African-american A Question
« #310 on: Today at 05:08:07 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good to see that Hero ignored just about all the qwuestions that were posed in the beginning of HIS own thread and is only replying stuff about sex and talking about how great BAs are when that is NOT what we asked.

Moderators, can you please close this thread

Only person that did any justice to it is Lurker

he he he he he he he! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

What do you expect?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Play(m): 1:43am On Apr 11, 2008
Uche2nna:

At the risk of generalisation, let me say that most nigerians know on which side the bread is buttered. If education were made to be as attractive as it is in the States , believe me, many nigerians would die to get educated.

There is a lot of stories behind most nigerians illiteracy ---ranging from "My parents could not afford to send me to school" to " I don't want to become an un/underemployed graduate.
And if u have ever lived in Nigeria or still living in Nigeria, u would agree that these are genuine reasons.

I don't think that is the issue in the States.
Actually,if we grew up in a society where things were easier,we would be more complacent.That is human nature.Nigerians abroad are the way they are because they are immigrants,immigrants tend to be more ambitious and educated than your average person.

There used to be a time education was free in Nigeria,only a tiny minority grabbed the opportunity.Are you sure all our brothers in the North want to go to school but are merely prevented by the lack of money?

We talk of "gangster" culture amongst African-Americans.Don't you remember all those knuckle-headed cultists back home? These were people in university already.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 1:46am On Apr 11, 2008
Why is it that that is the only skilly your guys have perfected. . . the art of eating the "apple and the banana"?

we've also perfected owning black owned fortune 500 companies,magazine,famous inventors,nuerosurgeons and motivational speaker,best black universities,athletes and performers.
We've perfected music genres hiphop,r&b,blues,jazz,krump music
break dancing,krumping and so forth
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 3:01am On Apr 11, 2008
we've also perfected owning black owned fortune 500 companies

here u go again, please list the blacks with MAJORITY STAKE in fortune 500 companies.

We've perfected music genres hiphop,r&b,blues,jazz,krump music
break dancing,krumping and so forth

translation, we are only good for entertainment  undecided undecided. being a motivational speak doesnt take a lot of talent.

i have a question,  why does detroit have a paltry 24.9% high school graduation.  are detroit negroes hausa or something. jk about the hausa comment  grin grin
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by almondjoy(f): 9:29am On Apr 11, 2008
I rest ma nut case! cheesy

bawomolo:

here u go again, please list the blacks with MAJORITY STAKE in fortune 500 companies.

translation, we are only good for entertainment undecided undecided. being a motivational speak doesnt take a lot of talent.

i have a question, why does detroit have a paltry 24.9% high school graduation. are detroit negroes hausa or something. jk about the hausa comment grin grin

he he he! cheesy
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by waleab: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2008
no comments just watching. still too early
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Hero(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2008
You're an obvious ignoramus, not worth wasting time on--- though today a have a bit of time to burn, so I'll bless you with an answer.

bawomolo:

Go to this link ( https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-40332.0.html ) and you'll see more powerful dynamic African-American fortune 500 and more company reps than you'd ever imagine existed. Despite what you may think son, over 76% of the African-American population are middle and upper class citizens of the US. Don't let the media's perception of us fool you, in the same way that it attempts to fool us into thinking negatively of Africa and African 24/7.

translation, we are only good for entertainment undecided undecided. being a motivational speak doesnt take a lot of talent.

Once again you are showing your blatant ignorance. Motivational speaking actually does take an extreme amount of talent and world experience in social behavior, as well as many other fields. If it truly took no talent then any and everyone would be doing it, because of the fact of that it pay extremely well. Though that isn't the case, in that to actually be an effective motivator in many areas of life you actual do need to know what the hell you're doing and achieve results and not everyone has that talent.

i have a question, why does detroit have a paltry 24.9% high school graduation. are detroit negroes hausa or something. jk about the hausa comment grin grin

Detroit is in the position it's in for the same reasons that 85% white Appalachian region is in the same predicament if not worst, and many African nation are in the poor predicaments in which they are in. Brain Drain, Job flight and in turn extremely poor tax return to fund the area. The Automobile, shipping, meat packaging and grain hauling markets in which gave birth to the city and lead to tons of blacks to flood into the city over the decades from the crop-sharing farms of the south have all gone bust, and in turn both the black and the white middle and upper class fled the city to more prosperous locations around the nation.

Left behind was majorly the black poor, to a lesser extent the white poor, and in turn the city simply crumbled under share lack of tax funds being pumped into it by its dwindiling upper and middle class citizens. With faltering industrial and shipping importance and shrinking population, the State and Federal governments both cut allocated funds to the city as well over the years--- worsening the problem.

The City can easily be regenerated if a steady flow of talented middle and upper class citizens from around the nation began trickling back into the city, bringing with them increasing job opportunities, and with increased number of jobs come increased tax funds in which can be put toward restructuring the city. Detroit didn't become like it is overnight, but rather as an effect of an over 2 1/2 decade long drop in the cities industrial foundation in which it was birth on. These same problems have occurred within cities all throughout the Great Lake region.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2008
Go to this link ( https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-40332.0.html )

i said list the AA's with majority stake in fortune 500 companies. just because u are CEO or MD or CFO doesn't mean u have majority stake. for some weird reason u AA's are getting all sensitive cheesy

Once again you are showing your blatant ignorance. Motivational speaking actually does take an extreme amount of talent and world experience in social behavior, as well as many other fields

yeah right. pls u just have to be popular and rich to motivate any one, see bill clinton. even tony blair(bush's walking stick) wants to start speaking now grin grin grin

he Automobile, shipping, meat packaging and grain hauling markets in which gave birth to the city and lead to tons of blacks to flood into the city over the decades from the crop-sharing farms of the south have all gone bust, and in turn both the black and the white middle and upper class fled the city to more prosperous locations around the nation.

so why didn't the african americans go to school to get more skills before all the industry jobs were gone?? it seems they were complacent thinking the job at Ford and GM would remain forever. i think there's a reason even the black middle is fleeing away from the riff-raff. poverty is a disease that overtime get's ingrained in people. they were content being unskilled workers and paid for it.

With faltering industrial and shipping importance and shrinking population, the State and Federal governments both cut allocated funds to the city as well over the years--- worsening the problem.

true but for some strange, the people of detroit have no problem electing corrupt politicians like kwame kilpatrick. african americans actually support kwame kilpatrick even after the guy was caught wasting city funds. just like nigeria, u guys don't really want to help yourselves. just bitch and whine all day. 25000 people leave detroit every year for good reasons. to avoid the thugs and dummies who don't even have an high school diploma and want to be like eminem cheesy cheesy

Detroit didn't become like it is overnight, but rather as an effect of an over 2 1/2 decade long drop in the cities industrial foundation in which it was birth on

of course it didn't, the people of detroit had no problem selling crack and weed to ruin their community. after they turn around and blame the CIA and America for all their problems.

These same problems have occurred within cities all throughout the Great Lake region

it affected chicago too, but chicago smart enough to bounce back, thanks to the delays. we actually reorganized the economy ova here. african americans should become more skilled rather than being complacent.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Hero(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2008
I'm speaking of economics and social structures and this ignoramus is talking about race. undecided I'm disappointed in myself for even giving his dumb ass the time of day. Damn, that was 3 minutes of my free time wasted. angry
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2008
yeah we go again. u still haven't answered my question. why are the people of detroit content with being unskilled. a 25% graduation is very very embarrassing. keep on with the cycle of poverty
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2008
yeah we go again. u still haven't answered my question. why are the people of detroit content with being unskilled.  a 25% graduation is very very embarrassing. keep on with the cycle of poverty

there are also white communities with low graduation rates. that's detroit' graduation rate.  that doesn't speak for all african americans.

so what is your thoughts on the white populated cities with low graduations rates are you going to say all white people are lazy?

and there are black owned companies with blacks with  the majority stake.
you can find them in Black Enterprise magazine Its one of my favorite magazines. It shows the positive blacks instead of the thug rappers and video hoochies.

Thats a lie that syas blacks are only good for entertainment. What about the lawyers,doctors,engineers,physcists

What about one of the top neurosurgeons who is black. some of the most prestigous lawyers are black. it was an african americans that helped with rockets taking off into outer space because he was good at science.

anyway hero stop paying attention to to these people. they're jealous. bottom line.

when push come to shove black americans have accomplished alot

we've invented thousands of inventions
we've invented hiphop,blues,jazz,krump and r&b
we have successful black owned businesses(although we still need to improve in that area)
we have famous black owned clothing lines
we have famous television shoes
we have some of the top scientists
we have some of the top lawyers
top doctors
top universities

that the media chooses to ignore.

africans are always complaining that african americans don't know anything about africans. that there are successful africans but the media and history book doesn't document it.

its the same thing with african americans we are very notable people who are doing great things but  the media only shows video girls and ignorant rappers.

black americans have accomplished a great deal in eduction and corporate america.

we are good at everything not just at entertainment and sports. yes the african american community has their problems but who doesn't?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2008
of course it didn't, the people of detroit had no problem selling crack and weed to ruin their community. after they turn around and blame the CIA and America for all their problems.

they didn't blame the cia. they just pointed out the cia introduced it to black communities. it has been scientifically proven due to blacks genetic make up its harder for them to quit their addictions. you can even google that.
its the drug dealers fault of selling of course. but its tempting when you have an 9 to 5 when you could be making millions.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 2:28am On Apr 12, 2008
there are also white communities with low graduation rates. that's detroit' graduation rate. that doesn't speak for all african americans.

african americans have a 50% HS graduation rate, white have an higher rate. it's worse when it comes to college graduation rate. u are in denial. and please we know africa is bleeped up, so don't bring that up.

and there are black owned companies with blacks with the majority stake.
you can find them in Black Enterprise magazine Its one of my favorite magazines. It shows the positive blacks instead of the thug rappers and video hoochies.

fortune 500 companies??

it was an african americans that helped with rockets taking off into outer space because he was good at science.

jesus of nazarreth, Wernher von Braun don become african american u guys would claim everything. next thing we know, Beethoven's is african american

we've invented thousands of inventions

and how much were u guys compensated for the imaginary thousands of inventions. stop daydreaming jare grin grin

it has been scientifically proven due to blacks genetic make up its harder for them to quit their addictions.

ha ha BS, please can u state the journal were this was stated. excuses excuses
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 4:15am On Apr 12, 2008
bamwolo

here's the link showing you how nicotine effects the tissue in melanin
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:gFv11qqNxZIJ:lib.bioinfo.pl/auth:Yerger,VB+nicotine+melanin+african+americans&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

go to blackenterprise.com see the fortune 500 companies
http://www.learningtogive.org/lessons/unit228/lesson2.html

Evelyn Granville taught university mathematics and computer science and worked as an applied mathematician, analyzing orbits and developing computer programs to track the paths of vehicles in space for NASA.
http://www.keypress.com/x6154.xml

more links on the scientists
quest.nasa.gov/ltc/special/mlk99

and even more links
http://research.calacademy.org/research/library/naturalist_center/biblio/Africansci-update.htm

did you know that by 1913 over a thousand inventions had been created by black americans?
here's your link
books.google.com/books?isbn=0878559418,

and we have created thousands of more since then.

african american scientist here's the links
https://webfiles.uci.edu/mcbrown/display/faces.html

oh yeah did you also that whites got credit for inventions blacks invented because they were wither slaves or were discriminated against?

here is a quote
"There were no patents for African Americans prior to slavery. Most of the time since a slave was considered property the slave-holder took credit for the invention." example the cotton gin and the telephone
here is a link to the quote
www.tncp.net/Articles/tabid/1800/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/650/Default.aspx+african+american+inventions+white+took+credit&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us">http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:TLETyYfgivkJ:www.tncp.net/Articles/tabid/1800/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/650/Default.aspx+african+american+inventions+white+took+credit&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

yes some blacks have low graduation rates,high out wedlock children,higher rates of disease

but look at what we've accomplished.

why can't you just admit that black americans have accomplished alot although we still have our problems
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 4:34am On Apr 12, 2008
the article is about nicotine, what does have to do with crack,heroine etc. von braun is still known as the father of rocket. without von braun there won't be NASA. stop trying to take credit for the man's work. no one is downing the achievements of AA's but please other ethnic groups can boast of inventors and pioneers too.

yes some blacks have low graduation rates,high out wedlock children,higher rates of disease

but look at what we've accomplished.

what did u gain from all these accomphlishments. i believe graham bell invented the telephone, would u guys take credit for the telegram too.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 4:46am On Apr 12, 2008
what did u gain from all these accomphlishments. i believe graham bell invented the telephone, would u guys take credit for the telegram too.

i did not say blacks invented the rocket. they helped with it taking off.

that's what i am saying bell did not invent the phone. he stole the invention because doing that time black were seen as sub-human.

i am not saying blacks invented everything but some of our inventions went to the whites because were discriminated agianst doing slavery and jim crow.

just like africans invented things but the europeans gave the greeks and the romans the credit for it.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 6:32am On Apr 12, 2008
i did not say blacks invented the rocket. they helped with it taking off.

major contributions were from german engineers. let's not go overboard here. the black scientist u talk of wasn't as big as von braun and co.

that's what i am saying bell did not invent the phone. he stole the invention because doing that time black were seen as sub-human.

who did he steal it from. enlighten me here.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2008
eye making machines that allowed people who were born blind to see
air conditioner
dryer
electronic control devices that are used in remotes,tv's and what not
mop
shoe making machine so you can wear shoes
spark plugs
printing press so you can read
laundry detergent for your clothes
the famous astronomer benjamin banniker invented the striking clock because he was a genius mathematician and astronomer.

how can you say black scientists weren't as big when they invented things you use in everday life?

how can taking off into out of space help people in everyday life?(rockets lets out poisonous gasses and damages the ozone layer)
how can atomic bombs help people in everyday life?(which causes the side effect of cancer because of the radiation they emit after exploding)
how can guns helps people in every daylife?(which kills rather than help people)
An army tank is useful only when it is a war

black scientists have invented things you use everyday life
like your cell phone
bombs and space rockets are not going to contribute to humanity or landing on the moon(which people say might have been video graphice and that they might not have landed)

those things white scientists invented stuff that you do not use in everyday life except for the computer,telegraph,light bulb and the tv and few other things

humanity can live without rockets,guns(they are talking about outlawing guns for citizen anyway) and atomic bombs.

can humanity go back to being with mops,dryers,cell phones,toilets,getting shoes quicker
these things are more convenient
bomb are not convenient being that they cause canserous side effects.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2008
like your cell phone
bombs and space rockets are not going to contribute to humanity or landing on the moon(which people say might have been video graphice and that they might not have landed)

here u go again claiming stuff. what AA made cellphones. lots of technology have been realized through the NASA space program. udefinitely have identity issues.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
girl22:

eye making machines that allowed people who were born blind to see
air conditioner
dryer
electronic control devices that are used in remotes,tv's and what not
mop
shoe making machine so you can wear shoes
spark plugs
printing press so you can read
laundry detergent for your clothes
the famous astronomer benjamin banniker invented the striking clock because he was a genius mathematician and astronomer.

how can you say black scientists weren't as big when they invented things you use in everday life?

how can taking off into out of space help people in everyday life?(rockets lets out poisonous gasses and damages the ozone layer)
how can atomic bombs help people in everyday life?(which causes the side effect of cancer because of the radiation they emit after exploding)
how can guns helps people in every daylife?(which kills rather than help people)
An army tank is useful only when it is a war

like your cell phone

those things white scientists invented stuff that you do not use in everyday life except for the computer,telegraph,light bulb and the tv and few other things

humanity can live without rockets,guns(they are talking about outlawing guns for citizen anyway) and atomic bombs.

can humanity go back to being with mops,dryers,cell phones,toilets,getting shoes quicker
these things are more convenient
bomb are not convenient being that they cause canserous side effects.

if u think all the 'white' scientist did was make bombs, then well hmmm, im speechles, lipsrsealed
I understand wat ur trying to claim, but done say the white didnt invent anything purposeful that we would everyday, because thats a joke n a half. ha!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 13, 2008
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Eliza704: 1:49am On Apr 13, 2008
Wella suga i would like to know what serious problems i have. Last time i checked i didnt have any. Even though a small number of idiots on this forum have rubbed me the wrong way i have still been quite nice. As for the girls i know running from man to man. If a aa girl did that she would be nasty, shameless etc. But if the girl is nigerian its the norm? I have dated several races as well as my own. None were lazy and none expected a damn thing from me? If a man wants to give to me fine, but im not going to demand that he gives it to me and dump him if he doesnt. I can take care of myself. I wasnt brought up to depend on a man. I depend on me. Any way like i said i dont think i have said any thing bad. So if u say i have a serious problem so be it. Have a nice day!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 13, 2008
Eliza704:

Wella suga i would like to know what serious problems i have. Last time i checked i didnt have any. Even though a small number of idiots on this forum have rubbed me the wrong way i have still been quite nice. As for the girls i know running from man to man. If a aa girl did that she would be nasty, shameless etc. But if the girl is nigerian its the norm? I have dated several races as well as my own. None were lazy and none expected a damn thing from me? If a man wants to give to me fine, but im not going to demand that he gives it to me and dump him if he doesnt. I can take care of myself. I wasnt brought up to depend on a man. I depend on me. Any way like i said i don't think i have said any thing bad. So if u say i have a serious problem so be it. Have a nice day!

The serious problem I am referring to (other than a lack of education, a bad attitude, laziness etc) is the habit of african americans of blaming their woes on other people.

Also, Nigerian women are not brought up to be dependent on men. We can take care of ourselves quite well thank you, but we are raised to expect the man to do all in his power to handle things. Our part is just a bonus, but not any less important mind you. Nigerian men know this, and they set high standard for themselves accordingly. A lot of African American men on the other hand do not even TRY. They are lazy, have no future ambition, and cannot be coaxed or cajoled into working hard. In other words, they are a disgrace. I don't blame any Nigerian girl that dumps one.

If you don't have the above serious problems I mentioned, then prove it to me. Make educated and well informed posts instead of floundering and supporting Girl22 in her scatter-brained emissions.

It is YOU BLACK AMERICANS that are calling the AA girl nasty and shameless. There is a difference between a gold-digger and a girl with high standards. Yes there are Nigerian gold-diggers too, but most of us have high standards, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Danmasani(m): 2:15am On Apr 13, 2008
[b]6. [/b]Whites and Asians have lower HIV/AIDS rates in Africa because they are a [b]MINORITY, which is the way it should be. Did you NOT learn about proportion [/b]in high school? [b]On the other hand, a question that puzzles us Nigerians is how you black americans, upon being a MINORITY manage to have the [b]HIGHEST HIV/AIDS rate. [/b] So the question you asked just displays once again your ignorance and lack of common sense.[/b]

[b]8. Why should we demand reparation for colonialism? They did a bad thing, we made them stop. We've moved on. We are not like you who use every opportunity to decry the injustice that the white man has wreaked upon you. Yes, even when you're sitting at home eating a bowl of cereal, you will still find a way to say that the white man that made the cereal was being racist by not dyeing the marshmallows in your Lucky Charms black. [/b] .

[b]10. Particularly to ELiza: Nigerian girls are PROUD. We don't beg. If a Nigerian girl has nothing and expects her boyfriends or men to give her money it is because Nigerian men shoulder their responsibility squarely and provide for their women no matter what, unlike a lot of lazy, uneducated black americans that mooch off their women. A Nigerian man's pride will never allow him, and we have come to expect a certain standard from our men. The poor girls must have been awfully disappointed with what they found to date. No wonder they ran from man to man in bewilderment.[/b]

Oh yes, and Shaniqua is NOT an African name. And no, it does NOT mean Princess of the Sun. Stop stringing letters together and forming names and pinning them on poor old Africa.

LOLLLLLLL grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue,
WAHALA DEY! STILL WATCHING WITH MY TWO KORO KORO EYES shocked shocked
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 2:17am On Apr 13, 2008
There are too many people to quote, so I am not going to quote anyone or my post will be too long. However, Girl22, Eliza, Uche2nna, 4play, Hero/Exo-something (sha the other Black American that people suspected was Hero) take note:

In my view African Americans and Nigerians have their fair share of problems, but unfortunately, African Americans (at least the ones that have partaken in this thread with the exception of Ms. Lurker) have more serious problems. And I do not say this because I am Nigerian. There are some things that I have read (and I read all 11 pages) that I need to clear up.

1. Girl22, it is the height of foolishness for you to ask why a country of more than 250 different languages bears the name picked by a colonial leader's wife. A sensible person would figure out that the debate as to what language Nigeria should be named in would cause too much conflict.
You misunderstood what i said. why can't africans pick an african landuage that could be official? if the ethiopians invented ahramic and the black americans can invent pig latin, hell even the kids on the television show Zoom invented a language.

2. European nations DO NOT pick our presidents. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but you should follow the next Nigerian election more closely. If western nations and europeans control our resources as you claim, then why are all of you in America dying over the price of gas?
they played a major role in picking them example. Rothschild's had a hand in thabo mbeki's, george bush sr. had a hand in mandelas,american government had major say so in liberias,cia picked mobutu. research it
happens all the time. just like the europeans give the african leaders guns to kill each other. 
the movie shooter explains well. research that

I attended Loyola Jesuit College, which is far and away the BEST secondary school in Africa.
jesuit is not african

6. Whites and Asians have lower HIV/AIDS rates in Africa because they are a MINORITY, which is the way it should be. Did you NOT learn about proportion in high school? On the other hand, a question that puzzles us Nigerians is how you black americans, upon being a MINORITY manage to have the HIGHEST HIV/AIDS rate. So the question you asked just displays once again your ignorance and lack of common sense.
black in europe are the majority but thay have the highest aids rates

7. In relation to my answer numbered 1: You have again displayed a lack of common sense by asking why English, Portuguese, etc are the official languages of most African countries. I hope that you know that MOST African countries speak at least TWO languages. It would not be prudent to randomly select any one language and raise it above the others as the official language of the country. Speakers of all the other languages will immediately feel underrepresented. I am only nineteen, and I know this. Why don't you?
again what europeans have an african language deemed official in europe? what european have you've seen practicing
an african religion?

8. Why should we demand reparation for colonialism? They did a bad thing, we made them stop. We've moved on. We are not like you who use every opportunity to decry the injustice that the white man has wreaked upon you. Yes, even when you're sitting at home eating a bowl of cereal, you will still find a way to say that the white man that made the cereal was being racist by not dyeing the marshmallows in your Lucky Charms black. Nigerians have more important things to do such as nation building and powering our growing economy which is what you ought to be doing than sitting at home and whining.
because jews gor reparations,indians got reparations,asians got reparations. why shouldn't you?
jews got reparations,asians got reparations,indians got reparations. why can't you?
to this very day jews get advantages in germany because of the holocaust. to this very day indians don't have to pay taxes,go to college for free and if they committ a crime,even murder and flee to a reservation they can't get charged. if the indians got reparations then african americans deserve something. asians also have gotten funding for being held in those concentrations camps.[/b]9.

[b]don't africans think that its odd they never got anything. even to this very day people are benefitting from something that happened 40-100 years ago
?

So what if our curricula are based on English curricula? There is nothing wrong with learning what needs to be learned from another person. We have modified the English curriculum as we see fit.
i didn't say anything was wrong with it.
How come you on the other hand (who changed your title from Black Americans to AFRICAN Americans) cannot realise half the time that Africa is not a country but a continent with 52 very distinct and disparate countries, each with its own collection of cultures? Because you don't learn anything about the Africa that you are supposed to come from and that you are so desperate to identify with.
maybe because most blacks are mixed with 4-8 different tribes from africa and expands different regions all across central and western africa. it would be foolish for someone to say im yoruba when they're also akan,wolof,hausa, ,fulani. Or for them to say im Nigerian when they're also,ghanain,angolian,senegalese,cameroonian.
african american makes more sense. also unless you take an dna test how will they know what part of africa they come from?[/b]10.

Just my two kobo on the matter.
[b]what the hell does kobo mean? does it mean cents? like just my two cents?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 2:43am On Apr 13, 2008
The serious problem I am referring to (other than a lack of education, a bad attitude, laziness etc) is the habit of african americans of blaming their woes on other people.

we do not blame our woes on other people. here's an example

it has been proven that blacks with perfect credit get turned down for mortages or loans at a higher rate than whites.
pointing that out isn't blaming.
black getting pulled over at an alarming rate for no apparant reason. pointing that out isn't blaming
blacks less likely to receive pain killers in the hospital
ambulances taking a longer time to come in black neighborhoods
black getting shot and beaten by police not because of resisting arrest but just because of the fact.
black universities not receiving as much funds from the govenment as white univserities.

these are issues that needs to addressed.

these issues have been statistically proven

there have been even africans who were shot and killed by the police because they were black.

but yes alot of black americans can be lazy. black americans need to to start opening their own business like their own mortage companies,banks,scholarships,hospitals to eradicate these problems,ambulances,paramedics.

im all for it. my minor is in business. i will wil starting my own franchises in black communities.

latinos,asians,arabs and native americans also talk about racism. so why are nigerians coking down so hard on black americans? when other minority groups do it? its almost as if nigerians are in competition with black americans to prove "im the best black."

i remember someone posted pictures of nigerian women on this message board. someone replied "yeah show them why our girls are so much better than the akatas." was that comment even neccessary?
nigerian men on here yeah we're the best and this and that.
somebody even posted who's prettier alcka americans or africans

why are nigerians always comparing themselves to black americans? why are you trying to compete?

and why are nigerians so focused on status?

some of the most brilliant people never went to college

i know people who started their own business and own more than one business and are very business savy.
are they bad people because they didn't go to college?

i know someone who didn't go to medical school because they wanted to study naturopathy(which is actually healthier)
they did their own research as a herbalist. they started their own herbal company. is he a bad person because he never went to college.

madam cj walker invented hair products for black women but never studied anything for it
there are people who have invented successful skin care products but never studied dermatology
were they lazy or useless?

there are people who can fix cars but never went to school for it.
are they lazy because they didn't go to college

there are people who can design buildings but never went to school for architecture.
are they lazy because they didn't go to college

there are people who can fix computers but never went to college

there are people who are excellent seamstress,cooks,interior designers,musicians
who never went to college

some people are just born with a natural genius or gift.

africans act like someone is the incarnation of satan if they choose a different avenue other than college.

george washington carver was one of the best botanist but never went to college for it.
he was just blessed with the gift of understanding plants/flowers.

by no means am i saying college is uneccessary. please do not think i am saying that because i am a college student myself.
but if someone is making it in life but did it without a degree that deosn't mean they are lazy, or dont care about getting an education

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / About Iwa Akwa Festival (Igbo Initiation Into Manhood) / Traditional Wedding Made In Idoma-land, Benue State, Central Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.