Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,806 members, 7,959,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Ask An African-american A Question - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask An African-american A Question (20690 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Hero(m): 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2008
Wow, I see you loyal subjects have put up alot of interesting questions for me. Sorry for getting back to you'all so late-- though I've had quite a busy week and thus little time to come here to respond to your very insightful questions. I'm sorry to disappoint you at this time, but I still am very busy and thus I'm still not able to get to your questions at this moment--- though I will very shortly, possibly as soon as tomorrow morning, eastern US standard time. Check in then, and I should have some of your questions answered. wink

SINCERLY:

Your Hero.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by naijadiva2(f): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2008
EXPONENT:

FACTS ON NIGERIA

Fact all the Governors in Nigeria are Corrupt
Fact all the minister are Corrupt except the lady in Finance maybe
Fact our President is a thief
Fact our Vice President is a Thief
Fact there is 60% Unemployment in Nigeria
Fact Factory workers in Naija can be compared to sweat shop workers in China
Fact we are no longer the Giant of Africa only the Paper Tiger of West Africa
Fact 98% of Nigerian Men ages 18-30 will rather leave than stay and suffer if given the chance.
Fact our Military is corrupt
Fact our Customs is as corrupt as the Mob in the 1980's
Fact our Police share their rifles with armed robbers.
Fact Most of Nigeria does not have good roads, no light and many times no water.
Fact MTN, VMOBILE AND GLO all make you dial over and over to get through on their network.
Fact there is no railway service in Naija
Fact Nigerian Local Airlines are like playing Russian Roulette ask Gani
Fact most of the country survives from Hand to Mouth without any assurance of tomorrow.
Fact if you go a Public or Private Nigerian Hospital you are asked to pay even if you are dying

We have a continent with jokers and functional illiterates running around as leaders
We seem to forget that, Nigeria for instance, is more that 80% slum!

Conclusion or Thesis: Nigeria is a dying Country

even though you claim that nigeria is a dying country, you do not have to say all of that, you are just giving people more reason to talk trash about nigeria. it may not be america but people do live there and may be living a lot better than you and I.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Echeozo(m): 3:17am On Mar 15, 2008
:
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:27am On Mar 15, 2008
Home is still home, be proud of who you are and where you have come from!!!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bawomolo(m): 5:32am On Mar 15, 2008
For example, if an African person comes to live here and has a kid. Their child would be African-American. Or something along those lines

BS, if i had kids in this country, they would be nigerian american and not african american. i can trace my ancestry, most AA's can't.

nigeria actually has railway service, it just isn't efficient. stop being an ignorant pig.

Fact if you go a Public or Private Nigerian Hospital you are asked to pay even if you are dying

what planet is healthcare free??
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 5:45am On Mar 15, 2008
EXPONENT:

Have you watched the movie John Q before? You think that's a fictional story?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 5:48am On Mar 15, 2008
EXPONENT:

We have a continent with jokers and functional illiterates running around as leaders

That's true . . . u also have a USA were NONE of you black Americans has ever and can ever aspire to lead. Dont claim Obama, he's had a chance so far because he has a white mother.

EXPONENT:

Most of the non-slum areas in the US are owned by whites.

EXPONENT:

Conclusion - Black America is merely hiding its failures around the skirts of white america.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by romeo(m): 7:00am On Mar 15, 2008
EXPONENT:

FACTS ON NIGERIA

Fact 98% of Nigerian Men ages 18-30 will rather leave than stay and suffer if given the chance.
Fact Most of Nigeria does not have good roads, no light and many times no water.
Fact MTN, VMOBILE AND GLO all make you dial over and over to get through on their network.
Fact most of the country survives from Hand to Mouth without any assurance of tomorrow.

Dude you're the worst of all the dumb assholes I've talked to!! when did "a supposed African American" changed to "we" and "our" ?

You made a thread about how African Americans can help Nigeria without saying a single thing intelligent embarassed
You said Nigerians Hate other black people and yet you're here ( that was in the thread about AA being of igbo descent by Hero)

You're just another stupid Nigerian out there for all i know
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by almondjoy(f): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2008
EXPONENT:

FACTS ON NIGERIA

True talk, true talk! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Well I have accepted my own problems as a Nigerian, now please answer the questions you have been asked on this thread as a bonafide representative of your "race"!

Hero=Exponent. . . . new Nairaland ID! tongue
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nwaka77: 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2008
grin grin Na wa for this thread o!

I have just one question. Since you black Americans have nothing good to say about Nigerians or Africans for that matter, what the hell are you doing hibernating amongst Nigerians? angry angry

I am getting very sick and tired of you people coming to our forum to vomit rubbish. As Nigerians, we already know our problems. We don't need any black american to list our problems to us. And personally, I enjoy being an African. The guy who said being a black american is better than being an African don kolo finish!. Atleast, I can explain why I have a brown skin and I know where on God's green earth my roots lie. It is a disaster not knowing where the hell your roots lie. No origin and no destination! How can you know where you are going to when you don't know where you are coming from?

And for your information, white america does not want you here anyway! Hurricane katrina anyone? see how long they took to come rescue you? If white americans had their way, they would send you out of this county. If they loved your presence here, why did they do all those dispicable things to you before the civil rights movements?

And the original poster of this thread has now decided to get a double ID. I thought I was the only one who noticed. Its funny though, almost all Nigrian forums that are out there, Hero is a member of. As a black american, you sure like to spend alot of time on African forums. I wonder why? do we owe you anything?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2008
do we owe you anything?

YES

Nigerians need to acknowledge that they are here in the USA standing on the shoulders of African Americans. It was us that tore down this racist, jim crow system. It was us that died to get you here. (WE CHALLENGE THE RACIST IMMIGRATION LAWS). It was us that endured lynchings, church bombings, etc for the rights to VOTE, attend decent schools etc.

INSTEAD what we get is a bunch of "sell-out money hungry nigerians" that arrogantly come here and have the termidity to look down on our poor.

To us you look FOOLISH.

AA are not trying to BE like the white man. We've been with this motherfucker since birth. YOU people are desperately trying to BE LIKE THE WHITEMAN and will sell your soul to be in his company.

Bleep THE WHITE MAN. All he can do for us is sign our check. We got our own life.

So if you see us here ON YOUR BOARD we are trying to understand YOU!

Its the Nigerians we don't get along with - not any other African Country.

Thus, we research your history and DO NOT SEE THE REASON FOR ALL THE BULLSHIT ARROGANCE, FALSE PRIDE, PUFFED UP, CONCEITED AND CONDESCENDING BEHAVIOR.

It's called FALSE FLAGGING - we did that shit in the 70's.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2008

AA are not trying to BE like the white man. We've been with this motherfucker since birth. YOU people are desperately trying to BE LIKE THE WHITEMAN and will sell your soul to be in his company.

Bleep THE WHITE MAN.

dude you sound like retard. So ebcause we don't jump on the welfare bandwagon and populate your prisions we're trying to be like white people? Lmao this is why you guys are lagging behind. If you actually took the same energy you use in hating the evil white man and put it towards being successful and NOT CARING so much about what the "white man" thinks, maybe the black community wouldnt have so many problems

Btw, Bill Cosby isnt white from what I know and he also criticized the black american community for the SAME issues that we are mentioning now, did the black community not yell that he was being a "traito" for telling you lunatics the bloody truth? or Is he too a "wannabe white Nigerian"?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by romeo(m): 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2008
EXPONENT:

YES

Nigerians need to acknowledge that they are here in the USA standing on the shoulders of African Americans. It was us that tore down this racist, jim crow system. It was us that died to get you here. (WE CHALLENGE THE RACIST IMMIGRATION LAWS). It was us that endured lynchings, church bombings, etc for the rights to VOTE, attend decent schools etc.

INSTEAD what we get is a bunch of "sell-out money hungry nigerians" that arrogantly come here and have the termidity to look down on our poor.

To us you look FOOLISH.

Bleep THE WHITE MAN. All he can do for us is sign our check. We got our own life.

So if you see us here ON YOUR BOARD we are trying to understand YOU!

Its the Nigerians we don't get along with - not any other African Country.

Thus, we research your history and DO NOT SEE THE REASON FOR ALL THE BULLSHIT ARROGANCE, FALSE PRIDE, PUFFED UP, CONCEITED AND CONDESCENDING BEHAVIOR.

It's called FALSE FLAGGING - we did that shit in the 70's.

What do you have in your skull ? Brain or steroid?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2008
SUP romeo, you know, some of ya'll are COOL as hell.

Yet most are rather primitive like.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Uzzyan: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2008
:-x :-x
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2008
dude you sound like  retard. So ebcause we don't jump on the welfare bandwagon and populate your prisions we're trying to be like white people? Lmao this is why you guys are lagging behind. If you actually took the same energy you use in hating the evil white man and put it towards being successful and NOT CARING so much about what the "white man" thinks, maybe the black community wouldnt have so many problems

Btw, Bill Cosby isnt white from what I know and he also criticized the black american community for the SAME issues that we are mentioning now, did the black community not yell that he was being a "traito" for telling you lunatics the bloody truth? or  Is he too a "wannabe white Nigerian"?

De-load, calm the Bleep down.

Prison is BIG BUSINESS in Amerikka.  Search American prison complex and see where they are located.  They NEED population.

Amerikka have no use for the Black man anylonger, thus they created prisons to develop rural areas and give white country bumpkins work.

Oh and welfare?

Is it still here?

Shit, if Amerikka is giving it out - I wouldn't turn it down.  Are you fucking crazy?  Shit it can pay my car note.

do Nigeria have welfare? Or are the Corrupt Elite busy taking food out of poor children's mouths and giggling all the way to the bank?

Stop arguing with me - you sound FOOLISH.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2008
Foolish? Better than sounding like I never went to school

First it should be "DOES Nigeria have welfare", NOT "Do"

and no it doesnt, we dont pamper the lazy esp by using other people's hard earned money.

and I dont even know how to reply everything since you havent made any sense. So you are proud that prisons are populated by your brothers cos it means "business" for the white man, lol and Im the one that sounds foolish?

Please go back to your crackpipe and stop bothering us. If you cant answer our questions like Lurker has been doing then get off this thread and go bark elsewhere.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2008
When you get through bumping your gums.

I'd rather be a BROKE HOMELESS BUM in Amerikka than a middle classer in Nigeria.

The two are essentially economically equal.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2008
Insert Quote
For example, if an African person comes to live here and has a kid. Their child would be African-American. Or something along those lines

BS, if i had kids in this country, they would be nigerian american and not african american. i can trace my ancestry, most AA's can't.

[quote][/quote]

I didn't make the rules OR say that it was right. I am telling you what I've been told.

I forget who started yelling about AA being on a Nigerian forum. If I had an issue with anything Nigerian, I wouldn't be here. I have nothing but good intentions towards people UNTIL I have a reason not to be.

Oh, and I agreed with Bill Cosby. In fact, that speech was great.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2008
Exponent you are of no use to this thread or even yourself.

You can go now, Thanks.

Lurker, I know quite a number of BAs who said he had no right to talk cos he wasnt raised "poor", so they claim.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2008
Pheww, we've been through this before but most folks here have asked the questions i had in mind.

umm @Ms. Lurker, one question for you though:

Why's it that AAs blame school systems for not gettin' good education, always talkin' bout No supplies in schools, under-qualified teachers, etc??
I'm also in high school, u know and to be honest, the teachers ARE qualified but more than 60% of the students ain't doin' well, so whose fault is that??
PS: I go to a "black/latino" populated school.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Arielle: 10:04pm On Mar 15, 2008
" EXPONENT you could never be of the middle class in Nigeria or anywhere else. Here, with all the difficulties we face, we get an education. We have 2, 3 degrees. We get married and have children. We get jobs and struggle to put food on the table for our families. We save and deprive our selves to be able to afford the best we can for our children, like a good education, good clothes and nice holidays. By the way, we used to be the middle class. Long, long ago when we were the pride of black people everywhere. Now we are part of the teeming mass of Nigerians struggling to make a decent living in the face of hardship and bitter realisations of how it could have been. But no-one has ever handed anything on a platter of gold to the average Nigerian. My grandfather picked mangoes to sell to put himself through secondary school. He retired a respected physician. No-one gave him anything free.
I know a lot of AA. Some who came to Nigeria, acting like Gods who had come down from Olympus to behold the poor mortals. I visited America, looked them up and saw where they really came from. I may live in a third world country but I would be ashamed to live like that, in those conditions. You would rather be a homeless bum in America than live in the middle class in Nigeria, indeed. You would never fit in, dear. You need to have a proper education for starters. Speak proper English. Have a decent hair cut and dress like a responsible person. Hold down a JOB. Respect elders. And not have 7 children littered all over your neighbourhood.
Your lazy ass wouldn't last one day in Nigeria, where there is no welfare to mooch off.
So until you actually have a country, not live, by default or accident of slave birth, in one where you are barely tolerated, you are hardly qualified to criticise.
I apologise to my AA friends for this rant. Never meant to insult anyone.
@ Ms. Lurker, I'm sure most here appreciate your matured and good-natured replies. You are one classy lady.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2008
on point, arielle wink
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by MsLurker(f): 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

Exponent you are of no use to this thread or even yourself.

You can go now, Thanks.

Lurker, I know quite a number of BAs who said he had no right to talk because he wasnt raised "poor", so they claim.

Well, I definitely wasn't upper middle class or rich. I didn't have it easy but I know it could have been worse too, regarding how I was raised. I think when people started yelling that he couldn't talk, that they were mad because he pulled their card and they knew he was right. I'm sorry, some of that stuff needed to be said and if some feelings got hurt, I'm sorry for that BUT the system is being abused by people who don't want to do anything but sit on their bums and receive handouts from the man because they deserve it. I'm not just talking about blacks though, I know of all kinds of people who do this. I think, sometimes to get smacked into reality you need someone to tell it to you like it is.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by EXPONENT(m): 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2008
[s] EXPONENT you could never be of the middle class in Nigeria or anywhere else. Here, with all the difficulties we face, we get an education. We have 2, 3 degrees. We get married and have children. We get jobs and struggle to put food on the table for our families. We save and deprive our selves to be able to afford the best we can for our children, like a good education, good clothes and nice holidays. By the way, we used to be the middle class. Long, long ago when we were the pride of black people everywhere. Now we are part of the teeming mass of Nigerians struggling to make a decent living in the face of hardship and bitter realisations of how it could have been. But no-one has ever handed anything on a platter of gold to the average Nigerian. My grandfather picked mangoes to sell to put himself through secondary school. He retired a respected physician. No-one gave him anything free.
I know a lot of AA. Some who came to Nigeria, acting like Gods who had come down from Olympus to behold the poor mortals. I visited America, looked them up and saw where they really came from. I may live in a third world country but I would be ashamed to live like that, in those conditions. You would rather be a homeless bum in America than live in the middle class in Nigeria, indeed. You would never fit in, dear. You need to have a proper education for starters. Speak proper English. Have a decent hair cut and dress like a responsible person. Hold down a JOB. Respect elders. And not have 7 children littered all over your neighbourhood.
Your lazy ass wouldn't last one day in Nigeria, where there is no welfare to mooch off.
So until you actually have a country, not live, by default or accident of slave birth, in one where you are barely tolerated, you are hardly qualified to criticise.
I apologise to my AA friends for this rant. Never meant to insult anyone.[/s]
@ Ms. Lurker,  I'm sure most here appreciate your matured and good-natured replies. You are one classy lady.

So whose fault is it that your country went RETROGRADE?

You just penned that your country is BACKWARDS.

Nigerians are corrupt. Ya'll want the best things in life but don’t believe in working hard to get it.  Ya'll believe in short cuts – bribing and cheating and rigging your way through school, jobs, etc.

Who you foolin?

NOBODY WANTS TO BE YOU.

You don't even look physically pleasing. 

PFFFFFFFT!

AND I suggest you read African American history books before you say WE DON'T HAVE A COUNTRY.

We BUILT this country!

Besides, you live in a Black country and it does not love you.  Nigeria is incapable of reciprical love.  It's 150Million of ya'll with a GDP of 200Billion.

In America its 34 Million Black Americans with a GDP of 800+ BILLION.

Kick Rocks!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 1:09am On Mar 16, 2008
Still unsure why you are on this board filled with "ugly" people

Irony is that the black americans that are actually "visually appealing" are usually the ones of mixed race cheesy
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 1:20am On Mar 16, 2008
EXPONENT:

We BUILT this country!

stop decieving urself . . . yes you "built" this country as slaves doing the bidding of ur white masters. grin
How many of you fellow "builders" have ruled the US?
But for affirmative action how many of you "builders" would be in America's top schools?

Oh wait . . . when did you "builders" get the right to vote? 40yrs ago? I hear ithat right is about to expire . . . do something about it buddy smiley
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 16, 2008
EXPONENT:

So whose fault is it that your country went RETROGRADE?

You just penned that your country is BACKWARDS.

Nigerians are corrupt. Ya'll want the best things in life but don’t believe in working hard to get it.  Ya'll believe in short cuts – bribing and cheating and rigging your way through school, jobs, etc.

Who you foolin?

NOBODY WANTS TO BE YOU.

PFFFFFFFT!

AND I suggest you read African American history books before you say WE DON'T HAVE A COUNTRY.

We BUILT this country!

Besides, you live in a Black country and it does not love you.  Nigeria is incapable of reciprical love.  It's 150Million of ya'll with a GDP of 200Billion.

Kick Rocks!

Ebelebe Igba!
The same good ole tale of we this, we that.
please spare that tale for your baby mamas sheniqua and latrina lipsrsealed

Come to my place of work.
With all your GDP you're struggling for the toilet brushes with mexicans
shame shame shame.

1 in 3 black american male is either in jail,has been in jail or is on parole
all that GDP you hoot about,do you know how much black foreigners contribute to that?
all those teenage baby mamas and crooks on street corners na them contribute to the GDP.
people wey no get GED tongue
akata no get small one indeed lipsrsealed
abeg make we hear word
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by spoilt(f): 2:18am On Mar 16, 2008
@exponent.
dude get off the steriods and protein shakes its corroding your brain cells. grin.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 2:19am On Mar 16, 2008
My question seems to have been ignored by Ms. Lurker, I guess it sounded rhetorical or there's no answer for that.

Lemme indulge in the conversation.

@EXPONENT
EXPONENT:

We BUILT this country!

Besides, you live in a Black country and it does not love you.  Nigeria is incapable of reciprical love.  It's 150Million of ya'll with a GDP of 200Billion.

Kick Rocks!
Umm, which country did u build?? even the white people don't own America, have you ever wondered why diverse nationalities now live in it??
Looka here, NOBODY owns America not even the white man. Last time i checked, the place called America was gotten through coercion from the

Arawak indians, u ever read about Columbus?? That is the reason why Indians and Asians in general are valued more than your people 'who built
America'. If sumone applies for a job and they have the tiniest drop of Indian blood in them, they already got the job because they're bein' compensated for the wrong

done to their ancestors but AAs are still bein' discriminated against up till today wherever they go. Tell me it's easy to get a well-payin' job or admission into awell-respected college for a black person but Indians and other Asians don't have the same problem. And you built America, right?? Let's just say AAs built America,Lemme

ask u a question: When would they(AAs) start benefittin' from that?? Cuz if u ask me, y'all are still pretty much disrespected and worthless to the white man up till today.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by spoilt(f): 2:20am On Mar 16, 2008

PFFFFFFFT!

That has got to be the joke of the century!!!!!!!!!!!! buhahahahaha!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by spoilt(f): 2:25am On Mar 16, 2008

yeah right!!! With most of the money belonging to white america. Who are you fooling? I see your peeps picking already smoked cigarette stubs off the streets. Down right poverty sticken if you ask me. grin grin. dude quit playing. Go take your meds right now. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / About Iwa Akwa Festival (Igbo Initiation Into Manhood) / Traditional Wedding Made In Idoma-land, Benue State, Central Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.