Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,195 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Ask An African-american A Question - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ask An African-american A Question (20282 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 2:58am On Mar 30, 2008
But it is not impossible based on races communities to divide varies gas price/food price differently! For sure, it will cause American grew angry at the government if found out the truth. You @girl22 silly student

google: cost of gas prices black cities/neighborhoods or communities and also cost of goods
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by uspry1(f): 3:35am On Mar 30, 2008
@girl22

what a laugh!!! grin According to your google you provided me, i discovered reading the Neighborhood Balance Sheet on the local economic covering 13 Twin Cities neighborhood in the state of Minnesota in the USA from 1980 thru 1989. This story launched by a south Minneapolis business association turned to a new tool in economic analysis, the "Neighborhood Income Statement and Balance Sheet" study produced by Crossroads Resource Center.

Minnesota is one of the 50 states of USA. @girl22, you should know that every state of each local economic are completely different for city, rural, suburban for the purpose of economic analysis. All 50 states economic are not the same.

However, the Minnesota Neighborhood Balance Sheet consists of showing the different social class (low-income, middle-class, high-class) as well as occupational and races categories with overall local tax revenues.

By the way, you seem very much interesting in studying in the field of Political Science learning about the behaviors/actions of American society characteristics using standard statistics tools.

Still I recommend you taking an elective course of African History in the quality of understanding Africa better and minor course in Political Science in the quality of understand worldwide economic, statistic, solutions, etc. better.

Is this correct what you talked about refer to the question: Why are the gas prices and prices of goods higher in black communities? Good luck!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 4:03am On Mar 30, 2008
My credit's fine.

people with good credit arent denied anything despite race, blacks should stop making up lies and crying.

If they didnt apply to ever fucking credit card that mistakenly slips in their mail then run away from paying them back, maybe they're credit wouldnt be so terrible.

I know quite a number of BAs who open credit cards, charge over $5500 then avoid that credit company and apply for another one. Although really I think this is more of an American thing anyway so blacks should stop crying wolf
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by uspry1(f): 4:32am On Mar 30, 2008
D-reloaded:

My credit's fine.

people with good credit arent denied anything despite race, blacks should stop making up lies and crying.

If they didnt apply to ever fucking credit card that mistakenly slips in their mail then run away from paying them back, maybe they're credit wouldnt be so terrible.

I know quite a number of BAs who open credit cards, charge over $5500 then avoid that credit company and apply for another one. Although really I think this is more of an American thing anyway so blacks should stop crying wolf

@d-reloaded

No, American blacks who are PERFECT CREDIT are not make up lies when it comes to loan rejections. This is TRUE FACTS! I have been reading lot of Ebony, Essence, Black Women, and other black magazines where the articles drew my attention talking about financial troubles among black families.

Think, why would some black people work 3 jobs so hard to defray their cost of living expenses?

First start suspended discovery of racial discrimination acts in mortgage lending firms was BANK OF AMERICA (BOA) mortgage back early 1990s for all American black homeowners. It was the largest lawsuit against BOA to pay the fine on the ground of racial discrimination!

Then next Circuit City Stores, Inc. was caught in racial discrimination acts in employment specifically job promotions for FIVE BLACK WOMEN whose has 5, 10, 20 years of service employment that was not allowed to promote into top management/supervisors jobs. All FIVE BLACK WOMEN won the court case receiving the largest amount of funds and promoted top management positions. That's how today's all employers are open to all black people promoting high-paid positions.

Then next Walmart and FedEx was caught in disability discrimination acts in employment for deaf employees. 11 deaf employees won the case. Also same companies (Walmart) violated with illegal immigrants on job hirings all over states of USA too.

By the way, few corrupted FBI/CIA agents was caught stealing customers with PERFECT CREDIT to apply for personal loan mostly cars, house, other luxury stuff at their own (agents) where customers did not apply for, that's how it was invented calling IDENTIFY THEFT.

So those stories ARE NOT MAKE UP!!! It was on the media/TV news everywhere early 1990s.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 4:57am On Mar 30, 2008
uspry1

Im not talking about indentity theft and what not

Im talking about people with horrible credit wondeirng why no one wants to do business with them
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2008
uspry1:

@chiogo
Look at the picture of modern city bus in the USA---every 50 states in a metropolitan cities have one at below:

That what I talk about! Every city buses are different sizes, colors, as well as painting-print advertisement on the bus.

Thanx for the pictures, those are exactly d kind of buses am talkin' about. So, why do they(blacks) have to sit at the very back??.
To easily get off, u say?? You cld easily get off sittin' anywhere and why are they the only ones in a hurry to 'get off' the bus?? It makes no sense.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2008
if u sit at the back u can make the most noise. tongue

joke aside, im sure its not only the black people who sit at the bak of the bus, do u not mean young adults, teenagers?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2008
africans and african americans need to stop arguing and unite.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by JayFK(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2008
girl22:

did ya'll know that alot of european leaders are secrest arayan nation and nazi's.
ya'll need to google "elimation theory book" Mknaomi negroes"

we need to unite against these. who gives a damn if african or african american when you google "elimation theory book" Mknaomi negroes"
ya'll quit arguing

lol, what the hell is "elimation" theory? unite based on what? skin color?
btw Aryans=Persians
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by TheSly: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2008
we need to unite against these. who gives a damn if you are african or african american
My thoughts exactly! cool
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 11:10pm On Mar 30, 2008
did ya'll know that alot of european leaders are secrest arayan nation and nazi's.
ya'll need to google "elimation theory book" Mknaomi negroes"

we need to unite against these. who gives a damn if african or african american when you google "elimation theory book" Mknaomi negroes"
ya'll quit arguing

lol, what the hell is "elimation" theory? unite based on what? skin color?
between Aryans=Persians

You need to serious research this information
especially the "mknaomi negroes" and the book man made plagues

Yes I mean skin color if you would type these things in your search engine.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2008
Thanx for the pictures, those are exactly d kind of buses am talkin' about. So, why do they(blacks) have to sit at the very back??.
To easily get off, u say?? You cld easily get off sittin' anywhere and why are they the only ones in a hurry to 'get off' the bus?? It makes no sense.

White people sit at the back of the but also.

Its the same way Nigerians practice Christianity even though it was forced on your ancestors through brute force. They called you savages and said your worshipped an stanaic African god. Now Africans voluntarily practice Christinanity.

Its the same way you call yourself Nigerians despite the fact the British carved out the country called it Nigeria and told you, you were Nigerians.

Chiogo, do you know what Nigeria was called befroe the British renamed it. Do you know what your people call yourselves before the British named you Nigerians?

Do you even know what Africa was called before the European named it Africa?

The word Africa was derived from the one of the invaders who captured Africa. Who was also called so called Africans savages. So basically its an insult for you to even call yourself Nigerian or an African.
These were names given to you by people who called you savages.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2008
girl22:

Its the same way you call yourself Nigerians despite the fact the British carved out the country called it Nigeria and told you, you were Nigerians.

Chiogo, do you know what Nigeria was called befroe the British renamed it. Do you know what your people call yourselves before the British named you Nigerians?

Do you even know what Africa was called before the European named it Africa?

The word Africa was derived from the one of the invaders who captured Africa. Who was also called so called Africans savages. So basically its an insult for you to even call yourself Nigerian or an African.
These were names given to you by people who called you savages.
No, honey. I may not live in Nigeria but i know that what u wrote above is totally wrong!!!!! The british did not give the name Nigeria to us. They formerly named it
'Niger area' or somethin' and when Nigeria got its independence, it was changed to 'Nigeria' by Nigerians not Britons. get it right. I don't know about your theory
about the name 'Africa' and your comment about christianity but last time i checked, Africans were the first people on earth. Even 'Europeans' originated from Africa
but some of 'em wanted to explore the world. . . so they started movin' to places and made it theirs. . places such as Europe. . . y'dig?? Take biology and study
about fossils and you'd understand. As for your comment bout christianity, I don't know who told u all Nigerians practice christianity. There're MUSLIMS, pagans, etc.
Nobody is forced to practice one, so what's your point?? I personally practice Christianity and i never said it's d best. So whatever suits one.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 12:02am On Mar 31, 2008
chiogo:

No, honey. I may not live in Nigeria but i know that what u wrote above is totally wrong!!!!! The british did not give the name Nigeria to us. They formerly named it
'Niger area' or somethin' and when Nigeria got its independence, it was changed to 'Nigeria' by Nigerians not Britons.

Flora Shaw (Lord Lugard's girlfriend) coined the name "Nigeria" in 1922.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 12:06am On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

Teehehehe, really?? Oh well,i don't know what to say. tongue
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 12:17am On Mar 31, 2008
chiogo:

Teehehehe, really?? Oh well,i don't know what to say. tongue

sorry, i just had to make that correction. wink
To a certain extent girl22 is right, a lot of the upheaval the world experiences today is as a direct result of European interference.

Isnt it funny that NO SINGLE European nation is skewed like much of Africa and the middle east? In most European nations, they have ONE majority language, ONE majority ethnic group . . . however in Africa you have nations with more than 3-4 major ethnic groups and over 150 separate languages . . . these are already recipes for disaster.

While the Europeans are busy developing we are still struggling with how to co-exist among ourselves. Why is Iraq imploding today? Because the Brits in all their wisdom foistered 3 completely separate groups of people and forced them into one nation . . .
While fairly stable Iran is mainly Shia and Saudi Arabia is mainly Sunni, Iraq is both Shia, sunni AND kurds who dont even regard themselves as Arabs!!

Can you imagine what a nation with 30% Jews, 25% Germans, 9% arabs, 16% English would look like?

The one European nation similar to us is Belgium which is half Dutch and half French . . . even they are already talking of secession.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by uspry1(f): 12:24am On Mar 31, 2008
@girl22

Let me educate you how to insert poster's quote at below:

1. Go to your reply button.

2. Scroll down to the poster you want to quote and hit the underlined "insert quote"letters located on the upper, right handed, corner below the date and time of the poster you want to quote. If it does not appear in your reply box, try again till if appears in the reply box. If it appears more than once, delete one of the duplicates. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)

3. Please make sure your personal comments are out side the "quote" or you would quote yourself and the poster's all together like I did below.

4Him:

my comments are inside the quotation box with yours-----

Instead of:

4Him:

my comments are outside the quotation box.

You can post your comments before or after you "quote" a poster or several posters.

4. Sometimes you may have to quote a poster's write-up not located on the scroll down page.  Or you would want to quote a poster's written words from way back. This involves the use of "copying" and "pasting". You also have to know how to use the "quote" function too and it gets a little tricky.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 12:29am On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

sorry, i just had to make that correction. wink
To a certain extent girl22 is right, a lot of the upheaval the world experiences today is as a direct result of European interference.

Isnt it funny that NO SINGLE European nation is skewed like much of Africa and the middle east? In most European nations, they have ONE majority language, ONE majority ethnic group . . . however in Africa you have nations with more than 3-4 major ethnic groups and over 150 separate languages . . . these are already recipes for disaster.

While the Europeans are busy developing we are still struggling with how to co-exist among ourselves. Why is Iraq imploding today? Because the Brits in all their wisdom foistered 3 completely separate groups of people and forced them into one nation . . .
While fairly stable Iran is mainly Shia and Saudi Arabia is mainly Sunni, Iraq is both Shia, sunni AND kurds who don't even regard themselves as Arabs!!

Can you imagine what a nation with 30% Jews, 25% Germans, 9% arabs, 16% English would look like?

The one European nation similar to us is Belgium which is half Dutch and half French . . . even they are already talking of secession.
L0L, well, I just learnt somethin'. She was right but that wasn't my point either way because the topic says to ask African-Americans questions and I
asked why black folks like to sit at the back of the bus.I was havin' this argument with uspry1 when girl22 quoted me and started askin' me if i knew how

the name Nigeria came about. Good thin' she asked 'cause i might never have known but last time i checked they are called 'African-Americans' too. Isn't it the same white folks who gave it to them?? If 'Africa' means whatever she posted why do they accept it too?? The word America is actually a Spanish

word, i heard which i don't know its meanin', neither do they but they answer it by the way, right?? These are the kind of things that are inevitable, you have no choice. My point is, why do they sit at the back of the bus?? C'mon, that cld be avoided now. Segregation is over so why do they now want to enslave themselves and later say that 'whites are not the cause of their problems but they do cause a lot'?? cheesy
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by 4Him(m): 12:33am On Mar 31, 2008
chiogo:

My point is, why do they sit at the back of the bus?? C'mon, that cld be avoided now. Segregation is over so why do they now want to enslave themselves and later say that 'whites are not the cause of their problems but they do cause a lot'?? cheesy

You can wash a slave, give him new clothes and sit him next to George Bush but you can't wash away the slave mentality.
I have also noticed that on public buses . . . whites sit very close to the driver while the blacks head straight for the very rare (most often times to make a ruckus!).

There are several spin-off questions from this one too . . .
- why do blacks have hoods and whites don't?
- Why do blacks revel in speaking ebonics (a by-product of slavery)?
- why do blacks think using the term "nigga" is cool? The next time Jesse Jackson comes to ask another Imus off the air i'll scream.
- what does it mean to "act white"? Is education, good manners, proper command of english language an exclusive preserve of whites?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

You can wash a slave, give him new clothes and sit him next to George Bush but you can't wash away the slave mentality.
I have also noticed that on public buses . . . whites sit very close to the driver while the blacks head straight for the very rare (most often times to make a ruckus!).

There are several spin-off questions from this one too . . .
- why do blacks have hoods and whites don't?
- Why do blacks revel in speaking ebonics (a by-product of slavery)?
- why do blacks think using the term "nigga" is cool? The next time Jesse Jackson comes to ask another Imus off the air i'll scream.
- what does it mean to "act white"? Is education, good manners, proper command of english language an exclusive preserve of whites?

That last one is also my point. I'd rather be a geek than be dumb in order to act 'black' or feel 'cool'.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 12:55am On Mar 31, 2008
why do blacks have hoods and whites don't?

There are white hoods.
They are called trailer trash. (a name for poor whites)
Just because the media doesn't show them doesn't mean they aren't any. I have drove past some. white populated raggedy trailer parks.
You want to see a hood visit the native american reservations. Latinos also have hoods. Not just blacks.

blacks shouldn't call themsevles nigga. I do not like that term.
Yes some stupid black people think that having good english and being educated is acting white.
Why because they are ignorant?
All black Americans don't speak ebonics either.
Everybody has a certain way of speaking english.
Just like the people in Nigeria speak certian engligh.
Jamaicand speak a certain english.
Kenyans have a certain of speaking english.

Even the english alot nigerians type on here i don't understand.

Africans Americans do not have a native language. Nigerans do. You can name that country a country in your native tounge.
You can call yourselves something in your native tounge.

My question for Africans. Why do European nations have a strong hand choosing your presidents. And half of the time pick your presidents?

Why is Africa the richest nation in resources on earth yet the people are the poorest?

Why does western nations and europeans control your resources and you blacks are the majority?

Why are white people and Indians in Africa the minority in Africa but are still more economically stronger then the blacks?

Why isn't the AIDS epidemic high among the Asians,whites and Indians in Africa but the blacks?

Why is  the illiteracy rate the highest in Africa?

Why do Africans kill each other (tribal wars)? Just because that person is from a different tribe?

Why are there so many Africans without electricity?

Why will Africans not marry someone that is from a different tribe but will marry someone who is of another race?

Why won't Africans demand reparations for colonialism when the Native Americans,Asians,Jews and damn near everyone else got reparation. Did you know that native americans on the reservation don't have to pay taxes or pay to go to college in the US. Also if someone committs a crime and then flee to a reservation they won't get charged.
The jews still have advantages in Germany because of the holocaust. Asian got things.

Why won't Africans demand the same?

Why is it that Africans score the lowest on IQ tests? Especially the sub-saharan Africans?

Why is  every African country besides Zimbabawe either named after someone who invaded or by someone who invaded Africa?

Why are languages like english,french and portaguese the official languages of Africa instead of native African languages?
Is their any country in Africa where the native language is the official language?

Why are there serial killers in Africa but very few if any black american serial killers?

Why are your curriculums based on western(french,british) curriculums and not your own African curriculums?

Bottom line Africans have their problems and African Americans have their problems.
African Americans are not better than Africans and Africans are not better than Africans.

So each group needs to stop pointing out each other weak points and just be brothers and sisters
We are all the same
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 2:05am On Mar 31, 2008
actually very true as opposed to idiotic

girl22, this thread is for you and your people to answer our questions, how about starting from the first page instead of asking us questions.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by bluesky4(f): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
D-reloaded:

actually very true as opposed to idiotic

girl22, this thread is for you and your people to answer our questions, how about starting from the first page instead of asking us questions.

agree,

@girl22, it would be interesting for u to start a new thread with the questions u've asked, i would like to see peoples responses.

@chiogo
ur question is still quite puzzling, so ur asking, why do the black sit at the back of the bus? so u mean most black people in america sit at the back of the bus, regardless of age, gender, socio-economic group?
In the UK, its the 'youths' that sit in the back of the bus, if ur in an area with a lot of blacks, then yes it would be the black youths at the back of the bus. if ur in an area with a lot of white people, then yes it would be the white youths at the back of the bus.
I still dont understand why you would want someone to answer that question, im sure u already know why.

@ african americans
would ever consider going to africa?
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by girl22(f): 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ african americans
would ever consider going to africa?

if they have the midset of the africans on this website, then HELL NO!!!!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by chiogo(f): 12:20am On Apr 03, 2008
blue-sky:

@chiogo
your question is still quite puzzling, so your asking, why do the black sit at the back of the bus? so u mean most black people in america sit at the back of the bus, regardless of age, gender, socio-economic group?
In the UK, its the 'youths' that sit in the back of the bus, if your in an area with a lot of blacks, then yes it would be the black youths at the back of the bus. if your in an area with a lot of white people, then yes it would be the white youths at the back of the bus.
I still don't understand why you would want someone to answer that question, im sure u already know why.
Yeah, some 'adults' too sit at the back of the bus. I've never seen a white person, whether youth or elderly sittin' at the back of the bus unless there's no space at the front but these black people just go straight to the back regardless. It's not about space bein' at the front or not, they just prefer to sit there. I am so serious.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Eliza704: 3:19am On Apr 08, 2008
Well i am an african american\black woman. There are so many stupid questions here i can't even answer them all. First of all im not from the ghetto. I dont have an std or aids and the last time i checked there was and aids;hiv problem in nigeria as well. Not only the guys over here use the word nigga and its not cute no matter who its coming from. The baggy cloths arent cut either but why do i see nigerian men dressing that why. And what is the deal with all the insults? We are all black yes? Or what do u think u are special because my ancestors (whom i am very proud) where put on the ship and urs were not. Oh wait they were. Jesus we didnt choose this but we have to make the best of it and move on. I would rather be me than to go to another country and pretend im some one im not. I know african girls nigerian to be exact who dont have a pot to piss in yet jump from guy to guy begging for money trying pretend to be rich. Africans living in the ghetto and think us aa are second class citizens. Whatever!
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by TheSly: 3:22am On Apr 08, 2008
There are so many stupid questions here i can't even answer them all
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! grin
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Dreloaded(f): 3:23am On Apr 08, 2008
You didnt even answer the questions. Just making run off sentences about nothing

Please shut up and go and sit down if you cant follow the rules of the thread

Where's Lurker jare, the only sane one of them
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Eliza704: 4:46am On Apr 08, 2008
To dumb ass reloaded or whatever, why dont u shut the hell up? I will and can run on and on for as long as i like. One of the benefits from being in and from a free country. I didnt come here to rub shoulders with the likes of u.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Eliza704: 4:46am On Apr 08, 2008
To dumb ass reloaded or whatever, why dont u shut the hell up? I will and can run on and on for as long as i like. One of the benefits from being in and from a free country. I didnt come here to rub shoulders with the likes of u.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Eliza704: 4:55am On Apr 08, 2008
Girl22 i must thank you for making some wonderful points and asking important questions.
Re: Ask An African-american A Question by Eliza704: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2008
I guess i said some thing wrong because my last reply has vanished into thin air. Good. I dont want the decent people here to get the wrong idea about me. As for aa going to africa, I have dreamed of going to africa all of my life, now the only question is which part i will be going to. If the people are nasty then its best i stay away. I give what i get, so nasty people stay away. My main man is from nigeria, a guy friend is from congo, another is from liberia and my special guy friend is from sudan. so i guess i will visit those places.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How many languages are in your state? / Oba Of Ikeja Is Dead: Computer Village and Other Markets Shut Down! / Current Ibo (delta Ibo/anambra) Names For Baby Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.