Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... (61970 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 25, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Civ has some of the coolest uniforms in Football

I Love the Ghana Flag and the Name Black Starz more than Any Other Nations in Afrique Though

So Thiendella Has My Taste in Mates Ehhhhh? LoL

She likes em Dark as well Ehh? tongue

I don't uh, I can't your tastes are ....unbeatable tongue. Tiote ain't that bad..
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 25, 2013
Sybellah: Souleymane Coulibaly, i hope that tottenham won't waste my boy, he is precious! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVStdbLoEYE
Connaissais pas.. Promising, he can only get better. I Paul Pogba mandinka, his parents are guineans...?? That kid is a beast of talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxQLQqwi3Y
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 25, 2013
Alou Diarra

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
thiendella:
Connaissais pas.. Promising, he can only get better. I Paul Pogba mandinka, his parents are guineans...?? That kid is a beast of talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxQLQqwi3Y

j'ai entendu parle de l8, en tt k il est bien, le petit ira loin
mais est ce qu'il va jouer pr l'equipe nationale de la Guinee meme?

Ya un autre petit la Wilfried Zaha, ivoirien, tres tres fort, mais on dirait il ne fait rien avec nous deh
il nous calcul pas, c'est pour angleterre il veut jouer lol
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
Senoufo Model (not manding), Cynthia Ouattara

2 Likes

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
thiendella:
I don't uh, I can't your tastes are ....unbeatable tongue. Tiote ain't that bad..

My Taste is Your People, So it can't be that Bad. tongue

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

My Taste is Your People, So it can't be that Bad. tongue
got a point.... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sybellah:

j'ai entendu parle de l8, en tt k il est bien, le petit ira loin
mais est ce qu'il va jouer pr l'equipe nationale de la Guinee meme?

Ya un autre petit la Wilfried Zaha, ivoirien, tres tres fort, mais on dirait il ne fait rien avec nous deh
il nous calcul pas, c'est pour angleterre il veut jouer lol
IL est deja en equipe de france, il a joué titulaire contre la georgie pour les qualif de cm la, ses 2 freres jouent avec la guinee en plus..... En tt cas les talents precoces la ki sont nes en europe, sauf miracle faut laisser, les equipes africaines n'arrivent jamais a les recuperer,... Ce qui est dommage c ke pour le moment Pogba est francais, il rate un match les gens vont commencer a l'appeler francais d'origine guineenne.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by BlackKenichi(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sybellah: Senoufo Model (not manding), Cynthia Ouattara

shocked shocked shocked
OMG! Senoufo women are too fine grin kiss grin kiss
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
thiendella:
IL est deja en equipe de france, il a joué titulaire contre la georgie pour les qualif de cm la, ses 2 freres jouent avec la guinee en plus..... En tt cas les talents precoces la ki sont nes en europe, sauf miracle faut laisser, les equipes africaines n'arrivent jamais a les recuperer,... Ce qui est dommage c ke pour le moment Pogba est francais, il rate un match les gens vont commencer a l'appeler francais d'origine guineenne.

aah c'est ca qui est la oh umh
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
Black Kenichi:

shocked shocked shocked
OMG! Senoufo women are too fine grin kiss grin kiss

yes they are! wink
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
thiendella:
got a point.... tongue

Yup kiss

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 26, 2013
Sybellah: Senoufo Model (not manding), Cynthia Ouattara

Elle est zoulie hein cheesy Do senoufos have mandinka names? Is senoufo a mande language?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 26, 2013
Miss Soninke france 2013, the contestants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66aNEbGhQO0

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 26, 2013
Modibo Maiga

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 26, 2013
thiendella:
Elle est zoulie hein cheesy Do senoufos have mandinka names? Is senoufo a mande language?

naaan the Senoufo aint Mandinka (they are not a Mande-speaking group either) but many not all, have Mandinka surnames cause of the invasion of their territory by the Dioulas a few centuries back. In a way, they have been colonized by the Dioula coming from the North (They still cohabit together tho). Many Senoufo converted to Islam, some kept their Tradi-Religion belief and some converted to Christianity. Usually to make the difference between Malinke and Senoufo with Malinke surnames, u have to look for their 1st name which is often traditionally Senoufo. They also use western middle names a lot contrary to the Malinke.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 26, 2013
Sybellah:

naaan the Senoufo aint Mandinka (they are not a Mande-speaking group either) but many not all, have Mandinka surnames cause of the invasion of their territory by the Dioulas a few centuries back. In a way, they have been colonized by the Dioula coming from the North (They still cohabit together tho). Many Senoufo converted to Islam, some kept their Tradi-Religion belief and some converted to Christianity. Usually to make the difference between Malinke and Senoufo with Malinke surnames, u have to look for their 1st name which is often traditionally Senoufo. They also use western middle names a lot contrary to the Malinke.
Ah ok.. Thanks , Do they look the same?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
thiendella:
Ah ok.. Thanks , Do they look the same?

huuuh it's depends. I think the more you go south the less they do. Their South-est location is Katiola. The group of Senoufo there are called Tagbana and usually they don't look malinke per se (Kolo and Yaya Toure are Tagbana). Also I might be wrong but from my own observation the Senoufo are more often of brown complexion compared to the Malinke that are usually darker. The western Malinke though can be very light skin (Koyaka and Mahuka for example can have sometimes very light skin individuals) They are neighbor of the Kru, South Mande and Guinean Malinke.
With looks that often overlap, it can be also difficult to tell a Malinke from any other civ group.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
thiendella: Miss Soninke france 2013, the contestants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66aNEbGhQO0

Nice! Pretty Girls kiss

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 28, 2013
Sybellah:

Nice! Pretty Girls kiss
The winner is Maryam Kante (Mali)

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2013
Had this Gorgeous Senegalese Queen Spit in my Face Yesterday....

As She is coming out of the Subway, she grabs my arm and ask me for directions.

I couldn't understand her accent. She kept switching between English and Wolof in the same sentence

Plus it was really loud down there...all those people..Nyc yanno......

So i cut her off...and I just try to kick game to her...and She starts Smiling...

Then i pull out my Phone....She starts putting in her number...and As she's doing it..I guess she recognized other Senegalese Names..

And That's when she proceeded to Spit in my Face.

Cursed me Out in Wolof, Gave me an Evil Eye and Walked Away...

In one of the More Bizarre Subway Encounters i have ever been involved in

A Thick Heavy Glob of Spit too, High Volume, She Spat, and Then Spat Again, Wtf was that all About.

God Bless My Beautiful Senegalese Queens.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by morpheus24: 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Had this Gorgeous Senegalese Queen Spit in my Face Yesterday....

I couldn't understand her accent. She kept switching between English and Wolof in the same sentence

So i cut her off...and I just try to kick game to her...and She starts Smiling...

Then i pull out my Phone....She starts putting in her number...and As she's doing it..I guess she recognized other Senegalese Names..

A Thick Heavy Glob of Spit too, High Volume, She Spat, and Then Spat Again, Wtf was that all About.

A great talker is a great liar smiley
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
thiendella:
The winner is Maryam Kante (Mali)

she is gorgeous! she makes me think of Oumou Sangare a bit
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
Reggae in Malinke is sweet comme bonbon glace

Here is Issa Sanogo - Farafina

Farafina means Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZxNuV9cR4

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
I remember this song, time flies....

Issa Sanogo- Gbangban(=Danger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Z6Kzh3FVQ
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Had this Gorgeous Senegalese Queen Spit in my Face Yesterday....

LOL weird indeed, was she a tourist?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sybellah:

she is gorgeous! she makes me think of Oumou Sangare a bit
Yeah smiley En tt cas j'espere kel a eu d'autres prix ke les pagne la hein ....
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
thiendella:
Yeah smiley En tt cas j'espere kel a eu d'autres prix ke les pagne la hein ....

genre l'argent koi? ah obliG! ca mank jamais ca
sinon on dit quoi? ca va? smiley
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 30, 2013
Sybellah:

genre l'argent koi? ah obliG! ca mank jamais ca
sinon on dit quoi? ca va? smiley
Ouais genre cheque,voiture,billet d'avion.... Oui ça va Hmdl, on se plaint pas et toi ? smiley
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2013
Most Likely She was visiting Family

My Senegalese Kweenz have been corrupted by Black American Culture.

A Flawless Work of Art She Certainly Was
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
thiendella:
Ouais genre cheque,voiture,billet d'avion.... Oui ça va Hmdl, on se plaint pas et toi ? smiley

aaah ok! toi il faut faire tu va te presente for Miss Afrique aussi a montreal la ba, ou bien ? grin cool
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Casual Mandingue Attire!
Ilove these colors, they look nice together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.