Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... (62055 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Never Knew Bacary Sagna was Jola

I learn something new everytime Thiendella Types.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
Maybe Sybellah got the Dioula vs Diola Thing Confused too.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
Jola are only in Senegal they are different from Dioula which is another type of malinke and live mainly in burkina and civ.
There is a slight difference between malinke-dioula-bambarra. The dioula are mainly merchant. Dioula mean trader, and they are muslim. The malinke are more in mali, civ, guinea, salone, gambia..., they are usually muslim as well but they are usually farmers
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah: Jola are only in Senegal they are different from Dioula which is another type of malinke and live mainly in burkina and civ.
There is a slight difference between malinke-dioula-bambarra. The dioula are mainly merchant. Dioula mean trader, and they are muslim. The malinke are more in mali, civ, guinea, salone, gambia..., they are usually muslim as well but they are usually farmers

Yeah, I know, but the reason why i said you might have been confused is because Sagna Parents are from Senegal.

Sagna is basically a Senegalese.

But he wasn't properly Labeled "Jola"
tongue
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
thiendella:
When u say mandinka, I would think about the group you find in The Gambia, Southern Senegal and Bissau Guinea, the western mandinkas, we call them ''socés'' in wolof. I thinks soces and jolas are quite close, thought I don't think they mixed a lot , but jolas have been dominated politically by the mandinkas for centuries the two tribes share many aspects like music for example, and many cultural practices are shared as well.

I think Diawara is originally a soninke name, not a Bambara one, Bambaras who have this last name have soninke origins I guess. I think Bambaras and malinkes are nearly the same, and I know a soce and a bambara can hold a conversation.

Do the Jola and Soces usually share the same surnames? smiley
now that i think, Sagna aint a Malinke name, well i ve never heard of a malinke with the name sagna,
is the Mandinka that is spoken in gambia kinda close from bambara in Mali?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
The People of Mali,Senegal,Guinea,Civ are so Beautiful....Physical Royalty.

The Statures, The Physique. The Tones, The Muscle Density.

What a Beautiful Region of the World.

They are all Basically Cousins.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

Yeah, I know, but the reason why i said you might have been confused is because Sagna Parents are from Senegal.

Sagna is basically a Senegalese.

But he wasn't properly Labeled "Jola"
tongue

i just thought the man was guinean (maybe cuz of the similar hairdo with mansare grin )lool i never knew he was senegalese actually,
i should have check him up before to post embarassed
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
Doesn't Matter. Yourself and Thiendella are Still Easily the Most Informative Posters about this Region.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Doesn't Matter. Yourself and Thiendella are Still Easily the Most Informative Posters about this Region.

Thanks tongue
i expect u guys to participate more, i dun wannabe the only poster here wink
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
Mariam Konate, Social Activist Burkina Faso

She is very old but still very pretty.
Femme battante!

[img]http://2.bp..com/_r5492WVs6Mo/SwWevJDyAqI/AAAAAAAAATE/7bf4FSgtjgU/s1600/BKF09weddingChiefBobo+569.jpg[/img]
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
Georgie Badiel- Burkina, I believe she is Mossi not Dioula but i had to post her cause she really pretty kiss

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Singer Kandet Kante-Guinea

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
her traditional marks are actually cute smiley

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah:

Thanks tongue
i expect u guys to participate more, i dun wannabe the only poster here wink

k
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah: Mariam Konate, Social Activist Burkina Faso

She is very old but still very pretty.
Femme battante!

[img]http://2.bp..com/_r5492WVs6Mo/SwWevJDyAqI/AAAAAAAAATE/7bf4FSgtjgU/s1600/BKF09weddingChiefBobo+569.jpg[/img]

OMFG...she could be Droga's Mother/Grandmother Yohhhh
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
That song was my jam when i was a kid!

Madada from Kamaldine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECahDykaxA
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2013

Nice Styleee
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

OMFG...she could be Droga's Mother/Grandmother Yohhhh

lmaoooo no, she looks nicer than the drog
i don't see the resemblance tongue
i ve posted drogba's mother several time tho, he looks like his mama

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sabali from Amadou and Mariam from Mali
Sabali=patience
not to be confused with sabari=pardon, forgiving

they made a featuring with NAS and Damian Marley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtQmqqfdoc
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Aicha Kone- Baya from CIV smiley

Baya is those pearls women put around their waist for beauty purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZterpSdtfM
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 19, 2013
Damn Thas Drogba's Wife?....

Viva Mali...wheewww..
kiss
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 19, 2013
^^ yup she cute!

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 19, 2013
Oumou Sangare performing falling with Alicia Keys

Mali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpInJbiw6M
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 19, 2013

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 19, 2013
Yeah those Mali Women are Fine as Fucck.

God i Love West Africa.
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 19, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Yeah those Mali Women are Fine as Fucck.

God i Love West Africa.

Mali and Guinea have some of the finest women of this planet!
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 19, 2013
Sysy:

Mali and Guinea have some of the finest women of this planet!

Yep Yep Yep...

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
location of the Soninke

Population in all countries

Mali 1,252,000
United States 5,200
Cote d'Ivoire 162,000
France 9,500
Gambia 181,000
Mauritania 46,000
Guinea-Bissau 4,700
Senegal 281,000

Common names of Soninke origins: Kante, Sylla, Sissoko, Diawara, Cisse,Savane, Sy, Drame, Diakite,konate, kamagate, kamate, diabate, timite...
(seems like all the names with te, te, at their ends are of Soninke origins lol)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / The Beauty Of Yoruba Brides And Women In Aso Ebi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.