Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... (61971 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 22, 2013
ROKIA TRAORE - Mali

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 22, 2013
Sybellah: she ain't the only one wondering about your "exquisite taste"
some of the ones u r postin are daaaamnn f**** shocked, I won't say much

My Taste is Immaculate..... tongue

As a Matter of Fact, tonight i might Holla at that Ivorian Bish Gisssy....With her Gorgeous Assss.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 22, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

My Taste is Immaculate..... tongue

As a Matter of Fact, tonight i might Holla at that Ivorian Bish Gisssy....With her Gorgeous Assss.
that lady with the big neck shocked shocked shocked
u do like testosteron-ed babes, don't ya? tongue
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 22, 2013
Sybellah: that lady with the big neck shocked shocked shocked
u do like testosteron-ed babes, don't ya? tongue

Rotfflmmfao@ Lady with Big Neck.

I admire pronounced features

especially very prominent&protruding Lips....

Or Awesomely Black Skin

Speaking of Which....Akan women don't seem to have very very VERY Thick Lips like Many Naija Mamiis...Have you Noticed?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 22, 2013
Sidiki Bakaba - Ivorian Scenarist

[img]http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA1NjQ3MjQ3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQxMTMwMg@@._V1._SX500_SY697_.jpg[/img]
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 22, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

Rotfflmmfao@ Lady with Big Neck.

I admire pronounced features

especially very prominent&protruding Lips....

Or Awesomely Black Skin

Speaking of Which....Akan women don't seem to have very very VERY Thick Lips like Many Naija Mamiis...Have you Noticed?

Awesomely Black and shiny skin porcelain-looking is the best feature a woman can have
like this Ghanaian chick on the African wedding, she amazed everybody smiley
Some of the Akan effectively have small face features, nose and lips, especially the lips and I am wondering why
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 22, 2013
It's really really rare you see Akan Women with Lips Like These

https://www.facebook.com/gbogbo.benedicta.9/photos_stream

And I Virtually NEVER see the really gorgeous Dark Black Ones with these Lips....

One Great Mystery, Seems Like Lighter Brown Women In Mama Afrique hold the Lips Crown.

And it's bothering me and destroying my mind as to Why, i can't find the answers.

It's clearly Noticeable with extensive study

Especially when you get closer south to Zimbabwe.....

My Only Theory Is The Ones Who Mixed in More with the Khoi/San -Esque Peoples, Seemingly may have Thicker lips and higher rates of Steatopygia

I Can't find any other explanations to why Darker African Women have thinner lips on the wide scale

A Very Very Good Comparison of this can be made when comparing Jola's to Mandinka's and Fula within the same region...

Jola are much darker with much thinner lips.

Look at the Ibo's...and how HUGE, their Lips are. especially when placed side by side to Akan Groups.

I am a Nutter. wink

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: My West African Queens...

i wish Thiendella would post some Darker Women up in the Senegalese Thread...

She claims my taste/type isn't "elegant" enough....
tongue
Royal, forget about wolof and serers, manjacks are much darker, here are the manjack players I know, I'll look for women pictures

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:
Royal, forget about wolof and serers, manjacks are much darker, here are the manjack players I know, I'll look for women pictures

Yes yes, find me some Manjack Women My Queen.... tongue tongue
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 22, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: It's really really rare you see Akan Women with Lips Like These

https://www.facebook.com/gbogbo.benedicta.9/photos_stream

And I Virtually NEVER see the really gorgeous Dark Black Ones with these Lips....

One Great Mystery, Seems Like Lighter Brown Women In Mama Afrique hold the Lips Crown.

And it's bothering me and destroying my mind as to Why, i can't find the answers.

It's clearly Noticeable with extensive study

Especially when you get closer south to Zimbabwe.....

My Only Theory Is The Ones Who Mixed in More with the Khoi/San -Esque Peoples, Seemingly may have Thicker lips and higher rates of Steatopygia

I Can't find any other explanations to why Darker African Women have thinner lips on the wide scale

A Very Very Good Comparison of this can be made when comparing Jola's to Mandinka's and Fula within the same region...

Jola are much darker with much thinner lips.

Look at the Ibo's...and how HUGE, their Lips are. especially when placed side by side to Akan Groups.

I am a Nutter. wink

yes u izzzz wink
I never noticed that before, but now u say I kinda see the trends
maybe it's about some environmental adaptation, because I don't see other reasons
Do u think smaller lips could be due to a dryer climate?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:

Thanks for the eye candies Thiendella kiss
that guy is handsome!
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 22, 2013

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 22, 2013
Sybellah:

Thanks for the eye candies Thiendella kiss
that guy is handsome!
C'est remi Gomis kiss
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 22, 2013
Sybellah:

yes u izzzz wink
I never noticed that before, but now u say I kinda see the trends
maybe it's about some environmental adaptation, because I don't see other reasons
Do u think smaller lips could be due to a dryer climate?

Ok Heres the Thing...

Check this Out...

Smaller Lips Seemingly Go Hand and Hand with dryer climates an Ectomorph Type Physiques....{Sengal,Mali,Sudan,Middle Sahel Ect}

Where as Large thick Roundish Lips Go Hand and Hand with Densely Forested Moist Regions and "Mesomorphs" and Endomorphs..
{South of the Guinea..+Naija+Central~Southern Afrique}

The thing is....Take Ghanains for example...a cool "middle point"..to start the study

Ghanaians are Mesomorphs and Endomorphs ......Yet...have thin facial features of a Dry Region....

Meshing in with Southern Pops and More Central Pops who migrated more west may explain the Morph

However...

Why is it...

That....

When you study solely Ghana Morphs...

You will notice the extremely black women have thin lips...and the Lightskin Women have Thick Lips.....

Makes no Sense...

Same Exact Bodies......Same Physiques......Different Facial Feature Morphology

Light Brown Skin, seemingly is always correlated to and Associated with Thicker Lips Among Black People....

It's Strange......

Another Theory may be...

Lighter Skin Blacks Needed another alternative way to "Shed Heat"...Thus forming into organisms with Thicker Lips to shed heat.

Darkskin African Blacks never needed Such...seeing as how their Skin along with their Bodies are Perfect for the Climate. Either Dry or Wet.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 22, 2013
shocked shocked speechless! He is a Masterpiece!

Do the Manjack belong to the Mande group? or are they closer to the Wolof?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Damn Spam Bot

I Had the Perfect Comparison Post..... angry
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 22, 2013
Sybellah: shocked shocked speechless! He is a Masterpiece!

Do the Manjack belong to the Mande group? or are they closer to the Wolof?
Is he ? ....Many manjacks look like him,...., manjacks live in southern Senegal and Bissau Guinea, they are neither mande nor wolof, check out bafetimbi gomis, he is not that handsome, but he definitely got style cool
http://www.facebook.com/bafetimbigomisofficiel/photos_stream

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 22, 2013
Gomis is manjack name?

How about Gomes?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 22, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Damn Spam Bot

I Had the Perfect Comparison Post..... angry

Was sybellah banned?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 22, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Gomis is manjack name?

How about Gomes?

Because of the portuguese colonization , manjacks have portuguese names Gomis,Mendis,Preira,Carvalho,Sylva...
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:
Was sybellah banned?

I dunno, that silly thing is banning everybody

It seems the only thing it does not Ban is Tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 22, 2013
What About Gomes....not Gomis but Gomes?
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 22, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

Ok Heres the Thing...

Check this Out...

Smaller Lips Seemingly Go Hand and Hand with dryer climates an Ectomorph Type Physiques....{Sengal,Mali,Sudan,Middle Sahel Ect}

Where as Large thick Roundish Lips Go Hand and Hand with Densely Forested Moist Regions and "Mesomorphs" and Endomorphs..
{South of the Guinea..+Naija+Central~Southern Afrique}

The thing is....Take Ghanains for example...a cool "middle point"..to start the study

Ghanaians are Mesomorphs and Endomorphs ......Yet...have thin facial features of a Dry Region....

Meshing in with Southern Pops and More Central Pops who migrated more west may explain the Morph

However...

Why is it...

That....

When you study solely Ghana Morphs...

You will notice the extremely black women have thin lips...and the Lightskin Women have Thick Lips.....

Makes no Sense...

Same Exact Bodies......Same Physiques......Different Facial Feature Morphology

Light Brown Skin, seemingly is always correlated to and Associated with Thicker Lips Among Black People....

It's Strange......

Another Theory may be...

Lighter Skin Blacks Needed another alternative way to "Shed Heat"...Thus forming into organisms with Thicker Lips to shed heat.

Darkskin African Blacks never needed Such...seeing as how their Skin along with their Bodies are Perfect for the Climate. Either Dry or Wet.

This is very possible! I have noticed that Akan could have smaller facial features (with sometimes less coarse hair) but never paid attention to the degree of variation of these features according to their skin. I am gonna try to observe more.
I have read some sources (in French) that Akan used to be much north and migrated south and that they have intermingled with berber people at some time. I don't know how true this is, am not too in with this theory. However I have seen another source saying in the south of CIV current Akan territory, they have discovered skeletons with berber jewelries. I am going to try to find these sources again and share it with u.

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:
Was sybellah banned?

naa I was eating

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 22, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: What About Gomes....not Gomis but Gomes?
No, not gomes...gomis...not pereira bu preira, they have Dasilva and Dacosta too
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:29am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:
Is he ? ....Many manjacks look like him,...., manjacks live in southern Senegal and Bissau Guinea, they are neither mande nor wolof, check out bafetimbi gomis, he is not that handsome, but he definitely got style cool
http://www.facebook.com/bafetimbigomisofficiel/photos_stream

naaaa, I like my Remi better grin cool
the Dude is fione!
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 22, 2013
thiendella:
No, not gomes...gomis...not pereira bu preira, they have Dasilva and Dacosta too

Now there are a couples of Ivorians Viera, DaSilva, Fernandez, Mendes but this is due to recent admix with Cape Verdeans and sometimes (more rare) Bissauans

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 22, 2013
Sybellah:

naaaa, I like my Remi better grin cool
the Dude is fione!
grin grin #TeamBafeGomis

1 Like

Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 22, 2013
I'm Still Waiting on these Manjack Women Yohhh...LoL
Re: Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... by Nobody: 3:36am On Mar 22, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: I'm Still Waiting on these Manjack Women Yohhh...LoL
I posted but got got banned I guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.