Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,118 members, 7,842,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde (9827 Views)

And .... / URGENT!!! Was I Scammed??? / Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by keemax(f): 10:24am On Feb 16, 2013
A possible way to raise the fund yourself ........... You claim to have some entertainment big names in your movie; partner with them to run a seminar to capitalise on Nigerians craze for entertainment reality shows.

Tag it like this - 'How to win your next movie audition and take part in your dream reality show' - reframe it if you like.
Lean on the know-how of your partners to deliver on what movie directors/producers want from good actors/actresses. Let customer satisfaction be the drive -money will follow. Do the business maths - charge appropriately.

Hope to hear your success story soon.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by GodsSon5(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2013
i feel your pain bro, just be steadfast and never give up on your dreams and when your time is due things will just work out easily, and for all those scammers out there your lot is in the deepest part of Hell Fire*
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by andyanders: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2013
Poster, I have taken my time here to digest your post and must say, that the way you aired your mind shows too that you are not a very patient person in life.As a graduate, you tried to be self employed and mentioned some people you felt must have been top stars you work/ed with in your new movie yet to be released as a result of lack of funds. Why cant these people help you if your work is good? Just asking.The way you expressed yourself by saying that you met a nairaland here who duped you and you never contacted Seun when this was done and never posted any backup claim to that effect till now is questionable. Also, you met your friend who is also a 419 and knowingly that same guy is into crime and still went to meet him shows that you too has questionable character because if he had given you the money as he agreed, you wouldn't have called him names. That same issue you went to pay money as charges to someones bank account as charges without investigation. How can you pay money into someones's account as charges when you have not been given any loan and you are a graduate? You are looking for loan and you are paying for charges on loan you have not accessed and you call yourself a graduate?
You further went asking if crime is the only way out to survive in our society? Hell no
Seun and nairalanders frown on scammers and they are been exposed here no matter what.
I think you are been too greedy to succeed hence the drive to make it at all cost. How can mare 200k drive you to the point of having to start asking question of crime to survive? Take your time and follow your dream and with time, you will surely succeed. No successful man or woman that does not have stories to tell but yours sounds like someone who is equally greedy. Please, life is not that way.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by frankkky: 11:00am On Feb 16, 2013
@seun in as much as your actions in exposing scammers are very laudable please dont use nairaland as a forum for jungle justice,there should be evidence,if not any jack or jones who wants to spoil any one name can do it easily here including yours,so please lets be carefull but dont give up the fight on exposing real scammers
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 11:01am On Feb 16, 2013
Vision2017: Original Title: My Humble Appeal To Anyone Who Cares To Give Me Listening Ears

I indulge your patience and time as you glance through this little but passionate write-up. I am a recent graduate whose quest to be self employed prompted me venturing into film production. 'Hardwork' was the key word and it solely earned for me a thrilling romantic blockbuster titled- "Romantic Pains" which featured sultry actresses and actors like Maureen Solomon, Prince Ekeh and Leo Mezie but to mention quite a few. To the glory of God, the film has been duely completed and every other logistics in respect to post production of the movie has been taken care of. I am set to release the film into the market scene but for slim finance at my disposal.

This plight of limited funding has propelled me visiting various financial institutions anyone can think of, family relatives, friends and associates but my efforts have repeatedly met with dead ends on the basis that I don't have collateral to secure the much needed loan of two hundred thousand naira for the mass dubbing of the film. It is even more painful and frustrating when no one believes in you and your dreams after showing preview copies of the film, flyers and jacket hopefully to cajole them to grant you the loan but yet, this effort of mine fails to bring fruition. I went talking to an ex-school mate of mine who happens to presently be in affluence owing to his illicit business tagged advance fee fraud (419 or yahoo!yahoo!) as some quarters would tag it but to my utmost surprise, he turned me down saying the only help he can offer me is to teach me how to fish for myself rather than giving me fish. Meaning, I join him in his dubious venture and become a fraudster. Now I seem to be more fraustrated just as the hands of the clock ticks and I am tempted to ask questions;

why is it that the Nigerian institutional framework is structured in a way that does not reward hardwork? Why do we hate to give people with little ideas trial? Why do enthrone mediocracy in place of meritocracy? Why do we perceive every Nigerian whose name doesn't ring bell in the society as lesser being and isn't worth investing on? How can we create employment aside from white-collar jobs when the environment and society isn't generally encouraging?

Why won't fresh Nigerian graduates take to crime to eke a living as a result of frustration?

Imagine, I have been scammed here once by one guy JOHN ASEKOME TUNDE by name on the pretence of trying to assist me with a loan facility. Out of burning desire to secure the loan, I defilled all caution and paid into his account money which he claimed where meant to be the bank transfer charges. I couldn't have stayed back and watch the opportunity slip away off me and so I decided to give it a trial. Besides, I couldn't have forgiven myself if I hadn't taken that risk.

I look at all this and I can't help but imagine what is this nation of ours is erroneously turning into. God help us
After taking time to read your epistle I'm unable to pin-point what exactly it is you want or what your write-up is really about.
You did not ask for loan, you didnt ask for advice and you didnt ask us to help you get your money back from the person who purpotedly scammed you. So what exactly is your write-up about?
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by eleven(m): 11:09am On Feb 16, 2013
Seun: I have posted this thread to the home page because, as I said earlier, Nairaland Forum is committed to exposing scammers & fraudsters.

Now this is very good coming from you. Would have preferred this case: https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order makes the front page rather than this one.

Wunmi Allen case aligns more with your statement than this
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 11:10am On Feb 16, 2013
eleven:

Now this is very good coming from you. Would have preferred this case: https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order makes the front page rather than this one.

Seconded!
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by sammyhands: 11:15am On Feb 16, 2013
@op. To say Nigerians don't help fresh graduates that will be wrong. If you have a saleable idea that will work then bring it forward to people that will be interested in your project. Don't go around looking for people to borrow you money, cos I can almost assure you nobody will give you, but flip the coin and say you are looking for investors and see how money will be chasing you.

I was introduce to NL by my younger brother who is making so good money from this site, he told me there are lots of people with hot ideas here, and so far I will say it has being good, I met with two guys here(separate occasion) wonderful business idea I bought part of there business and we are all happy. Guess what I am not the only, I know of three other people that come to NL to scout for brains. My dear man, first come up with an irresistible idea and then look for investors. Why should I borrow you money? Are we related? And try not to think it's a Nigeria thing, its worst abroad everybody want to know what they will get by giving you money.

And you being scammed; avoid desperation, people will take advantage of it.

Best of luck
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Skywalker5(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2013
eleven:

This needs to be a sticky topic on front page till she is caught
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by pekelepekele(m): 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
Stop blaming the Op . People do not believe in anything movie industry to invest on ., If the op comes to me and am his brother I won't even help him because there is no assurance he will be able to pay it back due to the pirated copies that will sell instead of his own real cds and do you guys know how many movies that are coming out weekly? . Yoruba aspect 15movies every Monday , English 15 movies too and then Hausa and people want to watch many of these movies that is why they always go for the pirated copies and in case you guys have forgotten it that even Iyanya said he sold his own car to shoot his kukere video that is to tell you that people are scared of loaning anyone claiming to be an artist , actor or actress money to launch any movie or music video because of the piracy issue. If op have got anything he can sell better sell it and use the funds to help yourself that is if you even believe in yourself that your movie will sell . God will help you
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by souleymon(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
Vision2017:
please read raptly between the lines. I said a friend of mine wanted to introduce me into advance fee fraud as a bid to get me the much needed fund to do business and not that I was into such dispeakable act. Thanks

And The Moderator had my Comment hidden
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by souleymon(m): 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Seun: I have posted this thread to the [size=18pt]home page[/size] because, as I said earlier, Nairaland Forum is committed to exposing scammers & fraudsters.

While you are trying to expose scammers on Nairaland
You are ignoring, the Confirmed and investigated SCAM Story of
https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 1:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
souleymon:

While you are trying to expose scammers on Nairaland
You are ignoring, the Confirmed and investigated SCAM Story of
https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order
GBAM!
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by ifyalways(f): 1:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
Is this a scam atory or a sob story undecided
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by ifyalways(f): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
Seun: I have posted this thread to the home page because, as I said earlier, Nairaland Forum is committed to exposing scammers & fraudsters.
This is annoying and trying to play with ourr heads.
There are about 2 real and straightforward scam stories begging to get to the homepage and this is what you deem fit to take to the homepage
Dude !
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2013
The core of the OP's write-up is not even about scam; his write-up is more about his observations as regards graduate unemployment and the inability to obtain loan in Nigeria.

If we really want to fight scamming then threads such as Odiaero and Omowunmi Allen's should be made to stick on the front page, and I tell you all other scammers (and would-be scammers) will flee NL for their lives.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by otokx(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
this story get as e be.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by surveyProf(m): 1:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
FXKing2012:
The core of the OP's write-up is not even about scam; his write-up is more about his observations as regards graduate unemployment and the inability to obtain loan in Nigeria.

If we really want to fight scamming then threads such as Odiaero and Omowunmi Allen's should be made to stick on the front page, and I tell you all other scammers (and would-be scammers) will flee NL for their lives.

My thought as well toooo, perhaps the Op has no prove, to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt!
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
ifyalways: Is this a scam atory or a sob story undecided

A sob story converted to a scam story, thanks to Seun.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by yomalex(m): 2:15pm On Feb 16, 2013

the OP mentioned a person's name in passing as he narrates his experience and the next thing is that you have changed the topic of the thread maligning someone's name without details and proof of the purported scam.

your statement above is tantamount to gloating over something that is not up to par.

if you are so sure of your fight against scammers why can' t i see the allen thread on the front page?

if i say in this post of mine that Seun Osewa has scammed me of N10 million will it also make the front page without proof?
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Seun(m): 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
eleven: Now this is very good coming from you. Would have preferred this case: https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order makes the front page rather than this one. Wunmi Allen case aligns more with your statement than this

Thanks for pointing out that thread. I was certain that it had been posted to the home page, but it seems I was wrong. It's now on the home page. We have exposed a couple of scammers in the past and we will continue to do so.

Naijacutee and FOD work very hard to protect Nairaland members from scammers, and they will continue to do so. The supermods and I will do our part by exposing scammers who have been caught by our watchful members and hard-working moderators. We are serious about this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by lomzy1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
Seun:

Thanks for pointing out that thread. I was certain that it had been posted to the home page, but it seems I was wrong. It's now on the home page. We have exposed a couple of scammers in the past and we will continue to do so.

Naijacutee and FOD work very hard to protect Nairaland members from scammers, and they will continue to do so. The supermods and I will do our part by exposing scammers who have been caught by our watchful members and hard-working moderators. We are serious about this.

My bad.. I didn't see this before I posted my previous post.. Thank God its on homepage now.. I apologize.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by eleven(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
Seun:

Thank you very much Seun. This will definitely go a long way in the ongoing war against scammers on this site. Nice one.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by eyenCalabar(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
This poster is a scammer.
Find details here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1198031/vision2017-scammer-beware
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Tyche(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
eyenCalabar: This poster is a scammer.
Find details here:

Unbelieveable.

Ladies and gentle, the table has just turned.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
eyenCalabar: This poster is a scammer.
Find details here:

This is just unbelievable! This is why thorough investigation should be carried out before labelling anyone a scammer because the accuser might very well be the real scammer.

Seun should change the topic of this thread since he was the one who labelled John Asekome Tunde a scammer. Innocent people's lives may be ruined if proper investigation is not carried out and supported by hard evidence before jumping into conclusions.
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
Smh! angry
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by FXKing2012(m): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
Vision2017:
please read raptly between the lines. I said a friend of mine wanted to introduce me into advance fee fraud as a bid to get me the much needed fund to do business and not that I was into such dispeakable act. Thanks
Dude are you going to answer to the allegation by @eyenCalabar or do I have to expose your personal details as well as that of your family members and then shut down your online activities? The choice is yours bro!
Re: I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde by Tyche(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
Actually the Op wanted to use this thread as a bait.

Seun changed the title thinking he is fighting scam but alas, it turned out the complaint could be the accused.

All things worked together for the good ...

(1) (2) (3)

How To Calculate The Amount Of Wallpaper You Will Need. / 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online / 19 States Recorded N149.45bn IGR In Q3 – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.