Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65085 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
Atheists dont speak out in Nigeria and that is why you dont have too many examples. They know what can happen.
You have provided no evidence for your claim. What is it that can happen? Has it happened before and how often? When, where and to whom?

However, you remain ignorant. Atheist Leo Igwe has sassualted by witch hunters in Nigeria just because he was telling the truth about the nonsense about witch accusations in his own conference!
No Leo Igwe is not a good example because he was not assaulted for being an atheist, rather he was assaulted for exposing evil. If Leo was a Muslim or Christian or Pagan, he would still have been assaulted nonetheless.

As for atheists discrimination, there are many cases in the USA which I can give. I hope you are not ignorant enough to try and say that such cant happen in Nigeria because Niogerian christians are less extreme than American ones
Remember we are talking about you as a Nigerian atheist. We are not talking of American atheists or any other nationality. You have failed to provide an instance of an atheist in Nigeria persecuted for being an atheist

Logicboy03:
I will leave to your stupidi.ty.
An unnecessary insult.

If you cant see the point that both atheists, pagans and christians can drink beer and get killed by terrorists in the north........
The point is that the boko haram terrorists were not targeting atheists or pagans, they were targeting christians. They went on their attack with the intention of killing christians. Even if there were atheists in the mix, they were not the targets of the attack and therefore it wouldn't count as atheist persecution in the same way the 9/11 attacks do not count as atheist persecution even if there happened to be atheists in the twin towers on that day.

And how do you know that the corpers i am talking about were christians?
I never said they were.

Logicboy03: Notice that the hypocrite christians are avoiding this comment that exposes them;
You are sounding like ifeness
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 8:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

A proper explanation of the bible with valid evidence, The original books the bible stories were re written from, the truth about Yeshua.

I will come with my Jewish friend to explain the Torah,tell you more about his cousin(jesus).

Ok i will skip the recording part.

That sounds quite nice. I think I can like a discussion with a Jew about the Torah.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by An0nimus: 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
You guys have stamina sha seriously..even me wey dey read don tire..
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
I have one question to ask logicboy... are atheists discriminated against in the UK WHERE HE LIVES? So why is he not open about his lack of faith with HIS OWN FAMILY and friends who dont live in Nigeria?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto: @Enigma: just noticed your edit in your reply to my earlier post..
Unlike the Uk, the Nigerian atheists do not have an atheist church yet... To kill a group of Nigerian atheists, you'd have to bomb Nairaland's religion section tongue, the techniques to achieve this, I'm not at liberty to share cheesy

But they do have a humanist society that is open and known to those who care. No one has gone to bomb them yet... infact Logicboy claims to know one of the founders personally.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

So Boko Haram will only kill christians abi? The corpers that were killed gambling and drinking beer nko?

You know this took place in Indonesia right? Where muslims are the majority power? What has the above to do with christians in nigeria persecuting atheists? Is this the best you dishonest loon can do?

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheists dont speak out in Nigeria and that is why you dont have too many examples. They know what can happen.

However, you remain ignorant. Atheist Leo Igwe has sassualted by witch hunters in Nigeria just because he was telling the truth about the nonsense about witch accusations in his own conference!

As for atheists discrimination, there are many cases in the USA which I can give. I hope you are not ignorant enough to try and say that such cant happen in Nigeria because Niogerian christians are less extreme than American ones

which is? the only example you've given us so far is Alexander Aan from Indonesia... we are waiting for your nigerian example.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

But they do have a humanist society that is open and known to those who care...
And on what days do they have their 'meetings'?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Would be nice to have other friends on here around. My aim is to debunk your religious ideas. I will record our video debate and load it on here. Is that ok?
Joblessness. Smh
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
And on what days do they have their 'meetings'?

I dont live in nigeria but you do. I'm not an atheist but you are. Why should i know? If you're interested then go ahead and find out. My guess is you wont because like logicboy, your "atheism" never goes beyond the anonymity of the web.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
The atheist who makes me chuckle the most is mazaje... a hausa man from Kaduna who bleats all day about how christianity is bad. You would think he would be more obsessed with islam which has made his people essentially slaves of arabs and his region one of the most backward the world has ever seen. The only reason Nigeria is not the hellhole that Niger is is thanks to the christian missionaries. But of course... as far as hypocrites like mazaje are concerned, christianity is nigeria's problem. I laugh in kanuri.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
You have provided no evidence for your claim. What is it that can happen? Has it happened before and how often? When, where and to whom?

I have provided no evidence?

How can you with a striaght face ask what is it that can happen?

We have christians beating, assaulting and killing people who they deem as witches or demons or enemies of their churches. Many of the cases have been fellow christians. You know this without me telling you. It has even been mentioned on this thread.

So, you are now saying that these same assaults and killings can not be done to atheist who dont even believe in their religion and deny their Gods?

We even have Maclatunji and Image123 that claim that atheists are not their friend and evil respectively. Maclatunji is a manager from what I have gathered, will this guy ever give a chance to an atheist in a trusted position in his own comapany when he knows that he can delay the atheist and search for a muslism with similar qualifications from a larger pool in Nigeria?

Mr_Anony:
No Leo Igwe is not a good example because he was not assaulted for being an atheist, rather he was assaulted for exposing evil. If Leo was a Muslim or Christian or Pagan, he would still have been assaulted nonetheless.

See how you have remixed the issue? That was a secular humanist conference attacked by christians and you are now claiming that it is not a good example of atheist discrimination. Pagans, christians and muslims believe in witches. Why didnt they attack other christians that dont do or have criticised witch beating?

Mr_Anony:
Remember we are talking about you as a Nigerian atheist. We are not talking of American atheists or any other nationality. You have failed to provide an instance of an atheist in Nigeria persecuted for being an atheist

We are talking about Nigeria. It is difficult to give cases (other than personal cases https://www.nairaland.com/1173767/atheists-stories-religious-discrimination-atheophobia) since atheists dont speak up. There are many personal cases of atheist discrimantion in Nigeria on that thread.

So, shut up.

However, this is how I know that most christians are ignorant. You know how deeply religious Nigeria is and how it is even more in America, If america can have endemic atheist discrimination, why not Nigeria?

But no, you are not ignorant, you are wicked human being that choses to argue with style to decieve the not so smart christians into believing that there is no atheist discrimaintion

Mr_Anony:
The point is that the boko haram terrorists were not targeting atheists or pagans, they were targeting christians. They went on their attack with the intention of killing christians. Even if there were atheists in the mix, they were not the targets of the attack and therefore it wouldn't count as atheist persecution in the same way the 9/11 attacks do not count as atheist persecution even if there happened to be atheists in the twin towers on that day.

Wait, if Atheists have a significant population in Nigeria nad in the north, Boko Haram will avoid them? You are silly

Mr_Anony:
I never said they were.

That is the point you dont know.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

which is? the only example you've given us so far is Alexander Aan from Indonesia... we are waiting for your nigerian example.

leo igwe example? Assaulted by christians.

What about the personal examples here

https://www.nairaland.com/1173767/atheists-stories-religious-discrimination-atheophobia
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

I dont live in nigeria but you do. I'm not an atheist but you are. Why should i know? If you're interested then go ahead and find out. My guess is you wont because like logicboy, your "atheism" never goes beyond the anonymity of the web.
At least, you're intelligent enough to realise that to bomb a 'meeting', one would need a location and time...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

You know this took place in Indonesia right? Where muslims are the majority power? What has the above to do with christians in nigeria persecuting atheists? Is this the best you dishonest loon can do?

That was the point I was trying to make. Why do you christians go silly at times. The guy was trying to say that muslims dont target atheists and atheists dont know what it is to be a target of terrrorism
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
At least, you're intelligent enough to realise that to bomb a 'meeting', one would need a location and time...

You dont always need to. At least you're intelligent enough to realize that to destroy an organization, you dont need their general location or meeting time. You only need to kill off the founders. Leo Igwe does not hide his face neither does he walk around with security detail. No one has gone to assault him yet.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

You dont always need to. At least you're intelligent enough to realize that to destroy an organization, you dont need their general location or meeting time. You only need to kill off the founders. Leo Igwe does not hide his face neither does he walk around with security detail. No one has gone to assault him yet.

See this liar.

Leo Igwe has already been assaulted. And please dont talk as if you know his movements in Nigeria first hand.

God, these christains can lie!
davidylan:

Lol, Jesus was killed.. We all know how that ended up... Osama Bin Laden? Sadam Hussein? That Boko Haram leader?

Logicboy03:

leo igwe example? Assaulted by christians.

What about the personal examples here

https://www.nairaland.com/1173767/atheists-stories-religious-discrimination-atheophobia

hmm there was nothing serious there. Plaetton complains that a business partner no longer wants to associate with him and?
It shows how empty your claim is when you need to create a thread to catalogue experiences and it never goes beyond 2.5 pages.

Lets be honest. The "experiences" themselves dont go beyond the first page and mostly comes from you. Shameless.
The lengthiest "experience" there comes from reddit.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this liar.

Leo Igwe has already been assaulted. And please dont talk as if you know his movements in Nigeria first hand.

God, these christains can lie!

by who and where? Tell us.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, Jesus was killed.. We all know how that ended up... Osama Bin Laden? Sadam Hussein? That Boko Haram leader?

What is this one saying? Senseless. Feel free to go discuss with the muslims, we are not in a position to debate on their behalf.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

You dont always need to. At least
you're intelligent enough to
realize that to destroy an
organization, you dont need their
general location or meeting time.
You only need to kill off the
founders..
Yes. Senseless..

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

by who and where? Tell us.
http://humanism.org.uk/2009/07/30/news-334/
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
davidylan:

hmm there was nothing serious there. Plaetton complains that a business partner no longer wants to associate with him and?
It shows how empty your claim is when you need to create a thread to catalogue experiences and it never goes beyond 2.5 pages.

Lets be honest. The "experiences" themselves dont go beyond the first page and mostly comes from you. Shameless.
The lengthiest "experience" there comes from reddit.

You must really love your powers of derailment. After derailing the thread............foolish troll

Anyways...Plaettons story is a good example
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by PalmTree(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
We need to be careful as to the sides we take here. In nigeria, many people make their decisions along religious lines and even within xtainity people discriminate. Personally have seen a Jehovah witness ostracize his kids for going penticostal, I have seen penticostal xtains frown at celestial and C&S members. If this can happen within christaindom, then imagine what lies in store for an atheist who dares profess to it. The line "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" is commonly used to validate this actions. For islam, the lesser said, the better. So please if an atheist says he wants to keep his disbelief private, let's respect that. It might not be cowardice because some things are better kept secret to save family ties. If I were to become an atheist, I dare not tell my mum or any one for that matter (cos my mum will eventually get the news) because my mum will pass out immediately, family ties might also be severed, I hope you all get my drift. Logicboy claims to have told his UK friends about his beliefs but not his Naija friends either home or abroad, I don't think its hypocritical, I think he knows them and he can guess their reactions and the overall effect of such actions. Thanks

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
Yes. Senseless..

Dumb. To destroy an organization, all you need is remove the leaders and hence destroy their capacity to organize together. Leo Igwe and his group dont have that problem neither are they specifically hidden. If you cared enough about joining the nigerian humanist society, they are quite easy to find... they have a webpage, a contact address, email and phone number is listed as contact. Leo Igwe is on Logicboy's personal facebook page.

Dishonestly pretending that they are doing this under hiding is nauseating.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

You must really love your powers of derailment. After derailing the thread............foolish troll

Anyways...Plaettons story is a good example

oh now you hide under "derailing"? The thread was only "derailed" because... lets face the truth... atheists didnt really have anything to report. If they did they would be flooding this thread with their reasons for hiding their faith from their friends and family. But surprisingly they are all silent... even muskeeto has nothing to tell us with regard to discrimination... rather he is busy pointing to people he has never met or seen. to say Plaetton's story is a good example is frankly playing to the gallery and stark example of your dishonesty. Plaetton's friend chose to not pick his calls again and that is your example? I laugh in swahili. If i had to accuse everyone who stopped picking my calls of assault then the jails would be overflowing.

Such a shame that a thread you put up to use as evidence turned out to be a testament to your lies.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
PalmTree: We need to be careful as to the sides we take here. In nigeria, many people make their decisions along religious lines and even within xtainity people discriminate. Personally have seen a Jehovah witness ostracize his kids for going penticostal, I have seen penticostal xtains frown at celestial and C&S members. If this can happen within christaindom, then imagine what lies in store for an atheist who dares profess to it. The line "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" is commonly used to validate this actions. For islam, the lesser said, the better. So please if an atheist says he wants to keep his disbelief private, let's respect that. It might not be cowardice because some things are better kept secret to save family ties. If I were to become an atheist, I dare not tell my mum or any one for that matter (cos my mum will eventually get the news) because my mum will pass out immediately, family ties might also be severed, I hope you all get my drift. Logicboy claims to have told his UK friends about his beliefs but not his Naija friends either home or abroad, I don't think its hypocritical, I think he knows them and he can guess their reactions and the overall effect of such actions. Thanks

1. No one is saying they should not be atheists.

2. No one is saying they should not practise their atheism faith and religion however they see fit.

3. No one is saying they should not keep their atheism private.

The contention is their lie of an excuse for coming to forums to insult people pointlessly.

Look, under normal circumstances Christians will discuss Christian issues and other social issues among themselves and with other reasonable people. When the atheists here claim Christians call them fools, they forget that it is usually after they have come in with their immoral and amoral obnoxiousness, lack of home training and other "issues" and insulting people BEFORE people call them what they are.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma:

1. No one is saying they should not be atheists.

2. No one is saying they should not practise their atheism faith and religion however they see fit.

[size=18pt]3. No one is saying they should not keep their atheism private.[/size]

The contention is their lie of an excuse for coming to forums to insult people pointlessly.

Look, under normal circumstances Christians will discuss Christian issues and other social issues among themselves and with other reasonable people. When the atheists here claim Christians call them fools, they forget that it is usually after they have come in with their immoral and amoral obnoxiousness, lack of home training and other "issues" and insulting people BEFORE people call them what they are.

Majaze was right to call Enigma a dunce.

Look at the bold and then look at the op. Dunce
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
PalmTree: We need to be careful as to the sides we take here. In nigeria, many people make their decisions along religious lines and even within xtainity people discriminate. Personally have seen a Jehovah witness ostracize his kids for going penticostal, I have seen penticostal xtains frown at celestial and C&S members. If this can happen within christaindom, then imagine what lies in store for an atheist who dares profess to it. The line "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" is commonly used to validate this actions.

So please if an atheist says he wants to keep his disbelief private, let's respect that. It might not be cowardice because some things are better kept secret to save family ties.

I really dont agree with you to be honest and this i say with all due respect. The typical atheist argument is that they hide their lack of faith to avoid "discrimination". Well 99% of the time this "discrimination" comes NOT from ordinary folks out there (most of whom dont care and are only interested in where their next meal will come from) but from their own families. If family ostracism is the discrimination that atheist cry about then they are not very serious and are just guilty of trying desperately to paint themselves as victims to hide their growing intolerant streak. Families ostracize kids for marriage reasons, choice of school, dysfunctionality... do all those now count as "discrimination"?

Its hard to "respect" arrogant blowhards who regale us with lengthy tales of why science is the god of this earth and yet are unable to discuss this same thoughts with their own friends and families. Even those who live in western countries are just as cowardly so it is not a nigerian phenomenon alone.

The line "do not be unequally yoked" applies so generally that it is wrong to use it... muslims, hindus, chinese e.t.c. Some white people choose to exercise their right to marry only white people... to call that discrimination is to flash the victim card.

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
Majaze was right to call Enigma a dunce.

Look at the bold and then look at the op. Dunce

Well, as I always say I would also be right to call [you know who] a dunce! wink

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by poopli: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
I am an agnostic and most time I take atheist view in a matter.

WHEN I BECAME AN AGNOSTIC, I TOLD MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND MY XTIAN FRIENDS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ME. NOW, THEY HAVE LEFT ME ALTOGETHER, but my family only take refuge in prayer, believing that one day, I will encounter their god.

Xtians DO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ATHEIST AND AGNOSTICS IN NIGERIA. DENYING THAT FACT IS STU.PID

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (79) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits / Apostle Suleman Arrives Washington D.C In Style Amid Sex Scandal. Photos/video

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80